Black War Syndicate(Started. Open. PM the GM)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

I guess I'll refrain from making alterations then. Looking forward to this, provided I get selected:P This will be my second forum RP, the other one was a thing we did tied to Wow, where we had a prisoner, the player whom couldn't log in on Wow for 2 months. It was quite fun. But other than that I tend to RP quite regularly, every day almost. Just not on forums, eh.

Hey never actually RP'd before but always fancied giving it a go - My gaming pc's dead so I've got a lot of time too fill now :(

So, um yeah - If I get selected I will need someone to hold my hand through all this xD

Also if I should need to edit anything it's all good ^^

Sorry it's a bit of a wall, also Jacob and Oliver have shared back-stories just in case that wasn't clear.

Any criticism welcome :)

Edit: I've added how he was arrested, I forgot about when I was writing the sheet.

7moreDead:

So, um yeah - If I get selected I will need someone to hold my hand through all this xD

Rp'ing is a simple process really. The GM makes a post setting up what's going on, and your character reacts to it. Just put what they're doing, how they feel about a situation, and anything else. It's like if you were writing a section to a book.

The sheet is fine. Though I wonder what kept you from adding a flamethrower.

Just waiting for one sheet. Then I'll tell you all who got in and I'll make the first GM post.

Shadowstar38:

7moreDead:

Rp'ing is a simple process really. The GM makes a post setting up what's going on, and your character reacts to it. Just put what they're doing, how they feel about a situation, and anything else. It's like if you were writing a section to a book.

The sheet is fine. Though I wonder what kept you from adding a flamethrower.

Hmm, flamer thrower what a great idea...Now to implement it *takes a few mins to figure it out*...Yay for rails \o/

Well if I get picked I shall do my best ^^

So glad my sheet was fine spent ages on it *phew*

I feel -horribly- undergeared. But my guess is we won't be starting with any weapons, if we're being transported to a prison. I need to use more tech otherwise._.

Granted though, by not mentioning too much stuff for starters, I can improvise a bit if you introduce any tech or specific weapons during the RP. Sounds just as fun! Not sure what would exist in 2200 and my mind keeps drifting to Warhammer 40k consistently. But that doesn't fit entirely.

Ganath:
I feel -horribly- undergeared. But my guess is we won't be starting with any weapons, if we're being transported to a prison. I need to use more tech otherwise._.

Granted though, by not mentioning too much stuff for starters, I can improvise a bit if you introduce any tech or specific weapons during the RP. Sounds just as fun! Not sure what would exist in 2200 and my mind keeps drifting to Warhammer 40k consistently. But that doesn't fit entirely.

In terms of tech, Think more towards Dues Ex or Ghost in the Shell. Holograms, robotic limbs, and maybe plasma weapons.

Warhammer is more space based, so that universe would be far more advanced.

@Shadowstar38 Just wondering if there's anything you might want me to change about my character sheet?

Shadowstar38:

In terms of tech, Think more towards Dues Ex or Ghost in the Shell. Holograms, robotic limbs, and maybe plasma weapons.

Warhammer is more space based, so that universe would be far more advanced.

Aye. That's what I meant by it doesn't fit entirely. I guess what I could picture existing might be a monemolecular..whatsitcalled chainsword and perhaps, melta related tech. Which is basically superheated air, or something such. I didn't draw much inspiration from W40k for this particular RP though. Also, I'm afraid I have little experience with Deus Ex and even less with Ghost in the shell. But Holograms, robotic limbs and plasma weapons all give a good picture.

Edit: And suddenly, I remembered the good ol' railgun. Always loved that as a futuristic-ish weapon.

Looks like a good game.

Seems all is well with my character sheet. Should there be nothing else, I'll be waiting over here for the results.

EDIT: Added the biography.

This was one hell of a list to narrow down, but here's the people that got in.

avouleance2nd:
Robin Frost

Hansinkdu:
Edmond Mustakraken

MortifiedPenguin:
Oliver Walder

yokillernick:
Byron Black

Ganath:
Stefan Almberg

Evrant:
Caspian Garrett

Floris2123:
Jacob Williams

Tiger Sora:
Calcifer Immelman

WhyBotherToTry:

Name: Calvin Greene

7moreDead:
Abigail Grace

You can expect the first Post of the game thread soon.

*Mentally prepares himself to enter the circle of criminals*...This can only end well! Looking forward to it. Sadly, gonna go to bed for this evening. Got a mild headache approaching. Hope I won't be too off on the initial post! Will check in the morning eitherway.

Shadowstar38:
This was one hell of a list to narrow down, but here's the people that got in.

avouleance2nd:
Robin Frost

Hansinkdu:
Edmond Mustakraken

MortifiedPenguin:
Oliver Walder

yokillernick:
Byron Black

Ganath:
Stefan Almberg

Evrant:
Caspian Garrett

Floris2123:
Jacob Williams

Tiger Sora:
Calcifer Immelman

WhyBotherToTry:

Name: Calvin Greene

7moreDead:
Abigail Grace

You can expect the first Post of the game thread soon.

Since I'm not on that list am i out?

IceStar100:

Since I'm not on that list am i out?

Yes. I had to cap the number of guys to a manageable number, and these character jut ended up working better for me.

Chapter One: Welcome to the Syndicate

April 11, 2204. 3:44 am. Location undisclosed.

The shadowy figure of a man stood alone in the empty, warehouse-like facility. It looked pitch black in the dead of night, with the only light coming from the small computer in front of him. He pressed a button on the keyboard, and a red beam of light shot up, forming into the image of a young man wearing goggles and holding a laptop. The man on the hologram began to speak in a quick an enraged tone.

"Damn it Chuck. Why didn't you tell me what the hell kind of files you had me looking into?! My cover was nearly blown"

"Because I knew you'd get all skittish on me like you are now. Did you get what I sent you for at any rate?"

"Oh yeah. I got em all right. Uploading them know", the hologram taped way at his laptop, causing a green light to flash on the console. "I narrowed it down to 40 possible guys. I highlighted possible high risk assets"

"Those are my favorite ones. Contact X2 and let him know I'm coming with a few guests"

"Alright. But the flight with the last load of these guys touches down this week. You'll only have 2 days to get ready"

"More than enough time"

The shadowy figure pressed another key on the computer. It not only made the hologram fade, but caused the computer to explode in a shower of sparks.

April 13, 2204. 12:43 pm. France. East of Domfort.

The rain was starting to come down hard on the men standing outside the prison transfer buses. Heavily armed soldiers marched around the desolate road, waiting for signs of trouble. The regular officers were busy at work making sure the criminals were secured before the drive. An officer dressed in special blood red armor stood on top of the third bus; surveying the roads with his scoped rifle. He called out to the offices as soon as he saw a flash of light on the horizon.

"Consulter les garçons vivants. Notre cargaison est à venir po"

The Officer jumped down off the bus as the soldiers took formation. Approaching rather quickly down the road, were 2 GIPN armored transport vehicles. The first one stopped within 20 feet of the armed personel, and a uniformed police officer stepped out.
"Cpt. Reese. Nous avons le dernier des condamnés dans le besoin de transport."

"Bon. Apportez-le et laissez les choses au mouvement."

Each of the prisoners were dragged out one by one. Those brought in from other countries had an electronic translator forcibly shoved into their ear. The Captain addressed them, screaming over the thunder that was starting to erupt over head.

"Welcome criminals. It seems that each and every one of you were brought in here on the personal orders of Prime Minister Black. As such, you are now being transport to our Finest prison, where you will live out the rest of your worthless lives. Have a nice trip."

An Officer placed his stun baton on the neck of the nearest prisoner, and had each of the load on to the third transport bus. Some of the convicts among the roll were. Byron Black, Robin Frost, Oliver Walder, Jacob Williams, Abigail Grace, Calvin Greene, Calcifer Immelman, Stefan Almberg, Edmond Mustakraken, and Caspian Garrett.

They all took there seats on the bus, hands shackled in their handcuffs, as the buses took off for the hour long ride to their new homes.

Accepted characters

Almberg was barely registering the dull ache he felt in his right ear. The man who planted the device there had been anything but gentle. But it did make him understand french, for all the good that did him. He was tired, not physically but mentally. The last month and a half had worn at him with all the accustations, his family disowning him and even his own fellows throwing venom at him was hard to bear. His world was practically collapsing around him and he felt numb, his thoughts were depressing and perhaps the heavy rain could have been considered fitting, if it wasn't so damn sad.

"Welcome criminals. It seems that each and every one of you were brought in here on the personal orders of Prime Minister Black. As such, you are now being transport to our Finest prison, where you will live out the rest of your worthless lives. Have a nice trip."

While he barely registered the guard, vacantly staring at him as he was. The word criminal stung hard. He bit his lower lip in frustration. Even so, he had heard about this Prime minister. But what did he have to do with him? The whole situation was absurd, it didn't even feel like it involved him anymore. His mind raced through the last month again, as he walked towards the bus. Could he have done anything different and who did he piss off so much to warrant this punishment? Those were just two of many unanswered questions and it made him feel bitter. His face was creased with wrinkles and he wasn't even that old.

Without thinking much about it, Stefan's steps had taken him inside the third bus in the row. He took the first seat he could find, which was on the front row. Shuffling towards the window spot. His cheek pressed against the cold glass as he sighed and relaxed slightly, listening to the rain. Maybe if he was lucky, some criminal sod would pick a fight with him at the prison. He wanted to feel like an officer again for a change, not some powerless victim. Even if it meant getting into a fight.

Byron opened his eyes slowly. He did not bother to listen to the guard making his little speech.

The interrogation he had before made sure that he was as docile as possible. After he was stopped with the water cannon, Byron was taken back to the police station.

"Who are you working for ?" asked one of the detectives.

"Fuck you!"

They didn't take his lack of cooperation well. They took out their batons and started beating him merciless. After 5 minutes they stopped. By this point Byron had lost most of his consciousness and was bleeding badly onto the floor.

"Get the nurse too look at his wounds and sedate him. We don't want him too active on the ride to the prison." he heard the detective saying.

Byron sighed and walked slowly towards the third bus. He looked around him and say many others of those so called "Criminals" but many looked weak and harmless. As he was about to sit down behind one inmate the guard behind him asked:

"Nom ?"

"Byron Black"

"Ah, Monsieur Black, welcome. Your brother told us to take extra care with you, but don't worry we have something special planned for you when you get to your new home."

Special. It would be no surprise if his own brother would have him killed in prison. In the eyes of the world that would be another murderer getting what he deserved. This special surprise they had for him meant Byron had to find a way to get out of the bus before they arrived to their destination.

Calvin looked despondently at the handcuffs that were chafing his wrists. That idiot of a guard had put them on too tight. "They have guards on the bus armed to the teeth" he thought to himself. "Yeah, all I have to do is get the cuffs off and I'm home free." He considered giving them a shake, the rattle might annoy the guard standing next to him, but he didn't fancy a jolt off that stun baton. He'd gotten too many during his arrest. Damn armour. If the cops hadn't been encased in it they'd be dead and he'd be safely tucked away in his hideout spot by now.

He stared into the stainless steel of the cuffs and saw the blue and green of his eyes staring back at him. Well, technically they weren't his eyes. Not his real ones anyway. They were cybernetic implants, but Calvin had insisted that they be coloured in the same shades as the heterochromia he'd been born with. Best 50K he ever spent. Say what you like about black market tech being faulty, but these eyes worked like a charm. They'd want to, considering they'd been stolen from the HQ of the company that made them. No back alley junk for Calvin Greene. These eyes were top of the line, and would see through any amount of dirt, rain, fog or sand. "And yet they couldn't see the police heading into the lobby of the building while I was on the roof" he reflected bitterly.

He cast his technologically perfected gaze around the bus, for the umpteenth time, taking the sights that were his fellow convicts, one of whom was Byron Black, the lesser known brother of the famous Sebastian. "Oh they're gonna love him in prison" he thought to himself. One of the guards said there was something "special" in store for him at the prison. Poor bastard. He eventually settled on someone he hadn't noticed before, an albino woman with a robotic arm whose face wouldn't stop twitching. Her nervous tics held some strange fascination, and Calvin found himself unable to look away. She either hadn't seen him looking at her or she didn't care, because she didn't react. He stared back down at his handcuffs, contemplating the 1 hour bus ride and 60 years of prison that lay ahead of him.

Robin was feeling sick. Without her glasses she could barely see and most of her arms function was shut down (luckily they hadn't been savage enough to remove it). Luckily she was used to modifications so the translator wasn't such a problem.
Someone was looking at her. She assumed, the eyes she couldn't really make out
"WHAT!" The first time she's spoken in several hours.
She sounded pissed, which she was.
Her anger was probably because she couldn't see a way out or much at all for that matter.
"Well, do you have a problem?"

Almberg flinched. His thoughts crumbled as he heard a woman's voice bursting with a clear "What". Awareness of his surroundings flooded him. He was cold, as his clothes were soaked through. They hadn't dressed him in any particular uniform for now, he figured that would come later. Stefan was therefore still wearing a pair of suit pants coupled with a white button-up shirt you'd normally see under whatever matched the black pants. His constant visits to court had made him live his life in this suit as of late. But both the tie and tuxedo jacket were missing, he had long since forfeited those. The clothing was quite uncomfortable, he realized. His constant contemplation had negated that, but now it really bothered him.

His burst of awareness made him twist his head a little. Spotting the Albino woman who had shouted. She looked furious, but why wouldn't she be. Either she got caught in the act of something, or she was innocent. But how likely was the latter, he wondered. He couldn't make presumptions, but even so, his mind processed what crimes some of these people might've committed. It was a way to cling to sanity and a habit he had gathered over the years as an officer. It was good to have habits. They felt oddly comforting at a time like this.

His gaze continued to observe, never resting on anyone particular. He didn't want to attract any specific attention.

Eventually, his eyes ended on the man with the odd eyes. He was being sarcastic, that much was clear and whatever had put him in jail, Almberg quickly figured he deserved it. It was an educated guess, if anything. As the guard whacked him, Stefan grinned slightly. So much for not resting his eyes on anyone, he thought. But damn, did that look good and justifying. It was the first time he had smiled in a long time now.

Calvin jumped. The woman he'd been looking at was shouting at him. "WHAT!" She screamed. Her voice was a bit hoarse, as though she hadn't spoken for a while. "Well, do you have a problem?" So much for her not noticing. A childhood's worth of bullying led Calvin to respond as he always did, sarcastically. Even when the tormentors outmatched you, snarky comments were the one weapon that was always by your side. "You're twitching, dear" he replied. "Worried about the big house? Don't fret about it, I hear nervous albinos aren't a turn on for rapists". Or maybe that metal tumor you've got growing out of the side of your head will make you even more unbearably ugly and they won't want to go near you." (Having lived most of his life in France and being raised by Irish parents, Calvin spoke both English and French fluently and hadn't needed a translator). "Still, they've been inside for so long even someone like you will look good to- Ngah!". One of the guards had hit him with his baton. "Next jolt goes into your balls convict!", came the harsh reprimand. Now sit still and shut up!"

Jacob had been arrested out of an ambush and brought to France. Off all the countries to die in he would die in France? He didn't even like wine and neither did he like the country. He looked pissed off at the guards. He could slip out of these cuffs by breaking his own thumbs. It would hurt like hell but it wouldn't be the first time. After breaking them he would grab one guard between his legs and break is neck and electrify the other. He only needed to wait for the perfect moment to take them down. He looked at Oliver with an worried look. He hadn't told a word so how could they have find the hideout? Probably an traitor well he would deal with him later. and with some luck Oliver would order him to take care of it personally. The man started speaking French.

Jacob had no idea what he was saying so he just looked angry at the man. Then an ear piece was inserted into his ear making him able to understand the man. Something he did not enjoy, he would have preferred not being able to listen to him talking. They were all forced to take place in the prison bus after the little speech of the man. He ignored the other inmates that began talking to each other. If everything went wrong he would be executed so taking time to now that was useless. Jacob looked at Oliver who he pushed forward into the right direction, Oliver seemed pretty zoned out which meant he was using his implant. Jacob was worried about him and when they sat down he whispered. "Oliver are you okay?" He looked at his friend. He then looked back to the guards with an very angry look. He would enjoy breaking the necks off all these worthless militia. He might even toast one just for fun. this thought brought an smile to his face, as he grabbed his thumb with his other hand in a non threatening way. He remembered the pain he had felt when he broke it last time. But it would easily be worth his and Olivers freedom. He looked at the other prisoners as he saw an face that looked familiar. I have seen her before but where? He pondered over this question for a few second before looking back to the nearest guard. I will worry about that later for now I need to focus. Besides thinking has never been my strong suit.

Edmond did not know much about prison, even more so the one he was heading to. For a second he felt honored that the prime minister himself singled him out to attend a special incarceration, but for the guard to pronounce him and his fellow inmates lives worthless stirred something dark inside him. This fiery feeling coursing through his veins was so alien to him he hadn't the slightest idea how to react. Doing what he does in times of uncertainty, he dons a smile and continues towards the bus. So many intriguing characters have already climbed aboard. "Such a fascinating sight", he thought he ought not to miss, he found himself gazing in the aisle motionless for too long as more gentlemen behind began to usher him forward. A seat near the back would provide him a perfect view of his fellow inmates, with a such a cast of individuals he surely would be entertained for the duration of the trip. If only he could get his lab coat back, his attire was nowhere near as comforting.

Fuck! Was Oliver's first thought when it happened. Somone must of betrayed him, he knew it wasn't Jacob once he had listened into his interrogation while trying to pin-point where he was. Audio was getting out fine but something was blocking the tracker. He was glad that they hadn't taken his tech from him. That would've been trouble, his arm was linked to his spinal chord so if they had removed that his nervous system would've shut down and without his eyes he would've been blind. Luckily they hadn't realised they true purpose of his modifications and had left them completely operational. So much for black-market tech being unreliable. He unconnected himself from the net just in case.

Just before they had taken him Oliver he had finished downloading the last week of surveillance footage. He was going through it now. Hopefully no-one would suspect him, he knew when he used his implant he looked despondent and zoned out. Just like he needed to look like now, a prisoner who had lost all hope of escape. He felt someone push him in the right direction of the bus, he assumed it was Jacob, he hoped it was Jacob. He wasn't a fighter and the others were. Killers as well he suspected, and he hadn't killed anyone, technically...

He heard Jacob whisper to him and the echo that followed through his communicator. Snapping out of the trance he said "I'm alright Jacob, when you don't fight back the cops don't hurt you" And smiled nervously.

"You'll have a hard time finding them."
She sounded better. Someone to fight back against really helped her mood.
She started inspecting. Without her glasses there wasn't much to deduce but she started trying to find something.
She noticed a man she sort of recognised but decided not to say anything for now.

"Hey, are we going to Disney land? It is my Birthday tomorrow after all!" Abigail said too no one in particular beaming out an over enthusiastic grin.

"Taire et monter dans le bus." Came the reply from the nearest guard...

"Well that's new, they shouldn't make sense." She mused, rubbing her left ear on her shoulder. Whatever they had crammed in there was already doing her head in.

Pretty much getting shoved up the last step of the bus Abi figured it was somewhat a relief to get out of the rain. Her hair was a bedraggled mess, strands of it constantly sticking too her face no matter how hard she tried to shake them free.

Shuffling forwards she waved (as best as the cuffs would allow) accompanied with a smile, that hopefully looked more friendly than nervous and said "Hi", "Hey" or a curt nod to whoever she passed, taking in the faces and mods of her fellow 'tourists'.

Towards the back of the bus but not as far back as where the cool kids sit her shadow of a guard pushed her too her allocated seat, turned around and promptly strode of the way he had came.

Trying to get comfortable but failing no matter how she adjusted herself, she let out a sigh.

"I guess there is no in flight movie either is there?" Again said too no one in particular, looking at these people it appeared to her that she had somehow gotten into something way over her head.

"Yeah there's a thrilling new epic that'll be shown on the way. It's called the back of that guy's seat". The temptation to answer the redhead's quip was almost irresistible, but Calvin's guard was giving him funny looks and he didn't fancy another lick of that stun baton. Taking care not to stare, (another fight didn't seem so attractive now), he took another look around at some of the new arrivals, which included two men who seemed to know one another and a guy with dreadlocks who got a seat at the back of the bus. He looked out the window at the rain lashing against the glass (covered in chicken wire, naturally, lest some enterprising individual make a bid for freedom) and felt an odd sense of impatience. He wondered if the others felt the same, and wondered why he was feeling it in the first place, it wasn't like they were going anywhere. He swiftly buried the thoughts and looked out of the window again, trying to keep his mind blank.

(Chapter One "Welcome To The Syndicate" - Prison Bus - France)

Caspian quietly walked on the bus without much persausion from the guards after someother person made a speech about were they was going; which they could all understood thanks in part to a device that was inserted into the right ear. Despite being partial fluent in french due to the carnival, he couldn't understand much of the langauge.

He was quietly observing each of his fellow passengers, making mental notes about each of them. They all had their quirks; two that were sitting next to each other and talking must of been at least friends, possibly partners in crime. One of the other men had the look and determination of a former police officer. The albino woman looked a little cute, but appeared to be in pain, and with his hands tied, there wasn't much that Caspian could do.

Caspian soon made his way to the assigned seat, across from a red headed woman, who looked to have a rather bubly personality. A sigh soon came from her.

"I guess there is no in flight movie either is there?"

"Afraid not miss. Guess you'll have to put up with drab scenery, and your fellow passengers for entertainment." Caspian remarked, trying to not sound disheartening. He soon switched to a more friendly tone.

"So, what is a pretty woman like you in for?"

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked