Inquisition: Eye of Terror: A WarHammer: 40k rp. (CLOSED, DON'T POST HERE UNLESS YOU'RE ACCEPTED.)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 NEXT

Dante was both somewhat shocked and appalled from this revelation. A part of him could not even believe what he was hearing, but then something made more sense, this must have been what Lunette was talking to Lith about earlier when she was in the Inquisitor's quarters, why Lith appeared to be acting somewhat hesitant when talking about it. Deep down, a part of him was angry, enough that he slammed his fist down onto the table, his psychic energy creating small sparks on impact, and bringing attention to himself.

"Why were we not told about this?" He asked, his voice sound cold and bitter, not filled with the warmth he had earlier.

Urd thought about every thing Lunette had told her, in conjunction with how she was treated after her Wrap Resistance was discovered, and her expression saddened "We're not meant to 'go home' are we? This entire voyage was meant as a suicide run wasn't it?"

"No, we were never meant to go home Urd. we were meant to come out here and die." She said almost defeatedly. "And Dante, the information was on a need to know basis.I've fought alongside all of you and helped drive off that menace. If shedding blood and dieing doesn't convince you that we're all on the same side, i don't know what will." Lunette explained to them, then focused on both of them. "But our previous mission here is null and void. we're no long here to die, we're here to stop this new threat, no matter the costs." she said firmly.

Lithian lay there for a couple of minutes bawling like a child, before giving herself a mental shake. C'mon, there's shit to do...pull yourself together! While she managed to stop crying, she couldn't quite bring herself to pull free form Solara. She grimaced slightly as Solara stroked her bare head; she'd had her head shaved like this once before, when she'd first became a Whiteshield, and she'd never liked how she'd looked bald.

Lying there, she replayed what Solara had said to her. Now that she was a bit calmer she could actually process what had been said. I'm so sorry... it's all my fault.... Reaching out, she wiped some of the girl's tears way with a free hand. "No...you have nothing to be sorry for." She said after a moment. "I am a Guardsman, and we are the currency of the Imperium, our lives are to be spent in the battles against our enemies. All we ask is that they are spent wisely."

Sitting up, she took Solara's hand in hers, and looked into her eyes. "If anything, I should be thanking you...it...it was glorious." Leaning forward, she gave her a quick kiss on the lips, and rested her forehead against Solara's. "And thank you for trying to stop me from doing something rash...I-I was not myself."

Even though she was still very sore, and her body protested greatly, she swung her feet off the cot she'd been moved to after the surgery, and set them on the floor. As she embraced Solara she realized she was, once again, pressed up against the young psyker while stark naked; but this time she didn't care. While she sat there, feeling the most calm and relaxed she'd felt in a long time, something else Solara said came back to mind.

Lith, it's over... the fights over and my mother is back from the dead. I'm not sure how many we lost, but you're alive; thats what mattered most to me... Sitting bolt upright she put her hand on Solara's shoulders and looked her square in the eyes. "By the God-Emperor, and all the High Lords of Terra! How is that even possible!?" Before she could answer, Lith leant forward giving her a big kiss and a hug, that where she not still in her armour, would have threatened to squeeze the life out of her. "Well then why the hell are we sitting around here?"

"And Dante, the information was on a need to know basis. I've fought alongside all of you and helped drive off that menace. If shedding blood and dying doesn't convince you that we're all on the same side, I don't know what will." Lunette explained to both Dante and Urd, then focused on both of them. "But our previous mission here is null and void. we're no long here to die, we're here to stop this new threat, no matter the costs." She said firmly. Dante took a brief moment to calm down.

"But you told Lithian didn't you, during that conversation you had earlier with her. There was something about her that seemed hesitant, like she knew more than she was telling us. And I will admit, your skill in battle did show where loyalties lay. Apologies for my outburst just now." Dante remarked, sound a little remorseful for how he spoke.

"So, how long is the ship predicting it will take us to arrive on this world that it has set its sight on?" Dante then asked, wanting to change the subject.

"I told Lith because i needed someone to know. If i got out of hand, i told her she would have to put me down. But as to how long it will take us to get there, a few days by the looks of things. I can honestly say i have no clue what is on the other side of the portal, as the planet by all imperial records is not there any more." She said.

Solara was ambused by both kisses and returned the hugs. When she made to move from the room, Solara hugged her and stopped her in protest. "You are injured and your entire body just had pure warp surging through it. You're not going anywhere unless its your bunk. OK? i don't want you destroying the new nerve connections they put into you. " the girl said.

"I told Lith because I needed someone to know. If I got out of hand, I told her she would have to put me down. But as to how long it will take us to get there, a few days by the looks of things. I can honestly say i have no clue what is on the other side of the portal, as the planet by all imperial records is not there any more." Inquisitor Lunette said to Dante. The psyker drummed his fingers on the console for a few moments before responding, it helped to clear his head.

"So, be prepared for anything the eh? I guess when you say it like that, the secrecy makes a little more sense. Actually that reminds me of something, I seem to recall that after you had talked with Lith, you were going to send a Servo Skull to fetch me; out of curiosity Inquisitor, for what purpose?" Dante asked, intrigued as to the reason.

"You came by the room wanting to speak about something if i remember correctly. So i said i'd send a servo skull to fetch you once i was done talking with lith, but the attack happened before that. So now i guess its your turn. What were you looking to speak to myself about?" She replied to him. THe inquisitor tilted her head while her wings subconsciously flexed behind her.

"You came by the room wanting to speak about something if i remember correctly. So I said I'd send a Servo Skull to fetch you once I was done talking with Lith, but the attack happened before that. So now I guess its your turn. What were you looking to speak to myself about?" Lunette said in response as she tilted her head while her wings subconsciously flexed behind her. It took for a moment for Dante to remind himself why he went to her.

"Of course, I remember now. It all seems a little pointless now given where we are now. I simply wished to see how well you were faring after your incident yesterday; I was concerned for your safety and well-being, seeing as though you are our commanding officer."

Lith got dressed slowly; a slight smile playing across her face. Lunette is alive! By the Emperor, that's the best news I've heard in a while. After she got her armour back on, she made to leave the med-bay only to find a slender pair of arm around her. "You are injured and your entire body just had pure warp surging through it. You're not going anywhere unless it's your bunk. OK? I don't want you destroying the new nerve connections they put into you."

She let loose a big sigh, and twisted her face into a most childlike pout. "Fiiine." She replied, still smiling. That seemed to placate Solara, so the moment she let go, Lith was off at a brisk jog. "But not before I see your mother!" She called out over her shoulder.

Maintaining a steady pace, she commandeered a servo-skull to guide her to the Inquisitor. Rounding a corner she finally saw Dante, Urd, and....a winged figure? "My Lord..." she muttered before dismissing the skull. Passing the pair, she let her fingers trail across one of the wings...just to make sure she wasn't imagining things. Wow!...formalities be damned!

With that thought, she wrapped her arms around Lunette in a ferocious hug, before giving slightly less crushing ones to Dante and Urd. "Lunette...you have no idea how glad I am to see you; you two as well. Can I assume that because we're all still here, that that whore of a Space Marine is nothing more than meat now?" She asked hopefully.

"Lunette...you have no idea how glad I am to see you; you two as well. Can I assume that because we're all still here, that that whore of a Space Marine is nothing more than meat now?"

"No, sadly, that wanna be chaos god ran away like a cowardly little bitch." Urd said hugging Lith back "Gets better, Slaanesh seems to have decided to take control of the ship, so now we're heading to, I presume, one of its worlds." Urd said bringing Lith up to speed "So you should probably be resting up, as good as it is to see you up and about."

"Gets better, Slaanesh seems to have decided to take control of the ship, so now we're heading to, I presume, one of its worlds."

Anthony stood and finally spoke, with a mostly human voice for a change, sounding almost heartbroken.

"It controls the Light?"

"Yes, we'll survive with the ship under its control because i assume Slaanesh needs us. We want all chances of this new power not coming into existence." Lunette said before she was wrapped in a hug that must of left marks on Lith's arms from her armor. "Hi lith. I am alive and ok for now..." she said.
"For now, we must tend to those aboard and rest. We should arrive in a few days at most." She said, nodding to them.

Lith let out a small groan as her still battered and sore body protested to the armoured hug that she received. As she tried to stretch out some of the soreness, she grew grim as she processed what Lunette and Urd said. "Well this is a fine bucket o' shit we've been thrown into, but I guess all we can do is deal with what happens as it comes...and try and take as many of those heretical sons of whores with us as we can before we die." She said finally.

"I guess I'll be off then." Lith yawned. Stepping past the group to head back the way she'd came, she stopped and looked back. "If Solara shows up, you can tell her that I am going to go and rest...she was rather insistent about that." She said with a dismissive wave of her hand. "Oh, and Lunette? I love the wings, they go great with your ass." Blushing furiously as what was supposed to be an internal thought slipped out, she moved off quickly back towards her quarters.

Urd snickered at Lith's comment "Guess I'll be off as well, nothing to do for the time being but wait so might as well make ready for whats coming" she said and headed out, once she was out of the room and around the corner 'Dante? Come by my quarters later, I believe I still owe you something from earlier' she thought in his general direction, hoping he'd hear it, though not sure if it would.

"Guess I'll be off as well, nothing to do for the time being but wait so might as well make ready for whats coming." Urd said as she headed out of the room. As the conversation continued, Dante was resting with his back against a wall, a hand clutching onto his spear whilst his arms were crossed. He could soon hear a voice in his head, but it wasn't the daemon from before. Focusing his mind, Dante scanned the area to find where the voice was coming from, and as he got closer, it became more clear, and more precise, it was Urd.

"Dante? Come by my quarters later, I believe I still owe you something from earlier." This brought out a chuckle from Dante. He raised his head to look at the group.

"If you'll excuse me ladies, and gentleman, I shall depart from here as well now. Must prepare for the ordeals ahead, both mentally and physically." Dante remarked as he turned around and left the command room; making his way towards Urd's room.

"Yes, we'll survive with the ship under its control because i assume Slaanesh needs us. We want all chances of this new power not coming into existence." Needs us? "For now, we must tend to those aboard and rest. We should arrive in a few days at most." DAYS?

Anthony sank back into his seat and waited for his servitors to arrive...
He would have been crying about the ship being possessed if he still had tear ducts.

Omnissiah protect in these dark days.

"Surely if the Prince of Excess wanted to eliminate a potential new rival to the pantheon of Chaos, then it would of used its own armies. Maybe it was simply convenient to its plans that we were travelling through the Eye, thinking that the Imperium might be useful for something. However, we must be careful of its own influence on ourselves. Of course, there is also the matter of Inquisitor Lunette, and the potential that might cause." Dante thought to himself as he walked along the corridor towards Urd's room, using her spirit to guide him closer; as the excessive use of his psychic power during the fight with the Dreadnought, meant he wasn't fully recovered. Perhaps whatever she was planning may help in regaining his strength. He soon arrived, and knocked on the door.

Urd opened the door to see Dante 'HOLY CRAP! IT WORKED!' was the expression he was greeted with. she quickly reigned that in and let him in though "So ... what do you think about all this?" she asked as he came in and the door closed.

Dante saw the door in front of him open, and the look on Urd's face was a mixture of shock and surprise; searching her mind, Dante discovered that Urd was unsure whether or not he would get her message, which now that he thought about it, also sound a little like a wish. Urd quickly let him in and shut the door behind her. "So ... what do you think about all this?" Urd asked as Dante turned around to face her.

"If you mean the whole situation involving Slaanesh and his control of Divine Light, and the threat of a new Chaos God in the form of Torturer; it is a grave threat indeed. I mean, if the Prince of Excess wanted to deal with Torturer, why not use his own subjects against him, instead of rail-roading us to do his dirty work." Dante said in disgust, feeling dirty about the situation. His tone soon changed, becoming more relaxed and calm, even finding time to smirk deviously.

"However, if your talking about whether or not I would hear your call; indeed I did Urd, for if you wish hard enough, your dreams come true." He remarked, his smirk switching to a smile.

After sending a servitor off to the main hall to retrieve her weapons, Lith made quick time back to the quarters she'd commandeered. As she got near, she saw Dante step into Urd's quarters. "Have fun you two." She chuckled to herself as she passed the door.

Going into her own room, she collapsed on the bunk before stripping off her armour. Oh, ow... She thought, as her still sore muscles complained. I guess Solara was right...I am so sore. laying back on the bunk she stared blankly at the ceiling, to wired to sleep, but to sore to do much.

AS Lith was Laying in bed, she heard the door open and a bunch of clunks hit the floor. if she turned her head, she'd see Solara already out of the armor and sort of half slumped as she stumbled towards the bed. Crawling into Lith's bed, she curled up into a ball at the soldier's side. Then, of all things, the girl began to sob.

Urd snickered at Dante's corny comment "So it seems" she said before kissing him, after which she just wrapped her arms around him and help him to her "I agree, on the 'Slaanesh' issue, only thing I can think of is it wants the same thing The Torturer does, and is using us both to destroy its foe, and waken us so it can just swoop in when we're most vulnerable and take her" she said, sounding kinda sad about the whole thing

"So it seems." Urd said before kissing Dante, then suddenly she just wrapped her arms around the Psyker, almost totally opening her up to him. Dante soon embraced Urd as well. "I agree, on the 'Slaanesh' issue, only thing I can think of is it wants the same thing The Torturer does, and is using us both to destroy its foe, and weaken us so it can just swoop in when we're most vulnerable and take her." Urd then said, sounding rather sad. Dante smiled then kissed her on the lips, hoping that might cheer her up.

"Indeed, we must remain vigilant at all times Urd, and to be at our best; which means not being sad, it is just what the enemy wants. We must stand up to the adversity, show them what the Imperium is made of, and by the Emperor, prove to them that we are better than it." Dante said in a confident tone before kissing Urd on the lips again, this time for longer.

While Solara crawling into her bed didn't surprise Lith, the crying certainly did. Wrapping an arm around the girl, she pulled her close. Great, because I am sooo good at this interpersonal stuff. She thought, mentally rolling her eyes. Well here it goes.

"What's wrong honey?" Lith said doing her best to sound caring...which generally wasn't a strong suit of hers. "I would've thought you out of all of us would be overjoyed that Lunette was still with us." Although, by the Emperor's Throne, I have no idea how that's even possible...

Urd smiled, and kissed Dante back, deepening the kiss a bit "I'm not sad, disappointed perhaps would be a better word.Finally find decent husband material and I have to keep my hands 'off him' cause of some over glorified pervert demon is controlling the ship" she said after the kiss broke.

Dante saw a smile on Urd's face, relieved that his words might have had some sort of effect. "I'm not sad, disappointed perhaps would be a better word.Finally find decent husband material and I have to keep my hands 'off him' cause of some over glorified pervert demon is controlling the ship." Urd said after the kiss she gave broke.

"Husband material am I? Why Urd, how very sweet of you to say that." Dante said with a smile, delighted by the compliment.

"You know Urd, I believe that the Emperor is smiling upon us this day, we have been blessed by a union such as this. It shows that, even though there is darkness and suffering, the light of hope still exists."

Solara hugged close to Lith. "It's all my fault... I'm the reason we were attacked...i'm why my mother died... why you almost did." she said sobbing and pressing close to her and curling up into a tighter ball. She was in tears beginning to shake from it. "This all just a bad dream... wake me up Lith, wake me up!" she began to beg to the guardswoman, breaking own.

"It's all my fault... I'm the reason we were attacked...I'm why my mother died... why you almost did. This all just a bad dream... wake me up Lith, wake me up!"

"Bullshit." Lith replied flatly. Sitting up, she pulled Solara up with her, and lifted her face until she was looking her dead in the eyes. "That's bullshit and you know it. We were attacked because we were ordered into the Eye; your mother may have died, but for reasons far beyond me she's back, and as for myself...death is the only guarantee a guardswoman gets. I do not fear it; I just hope it will be for a worthy goal."

Using a corner of the blanket to wipe away Solara's tears, Lith cupped her youthful face with weathered battle scarred hands. "I'm sorry but this is real, there's no running from it. Don't give them the satisfaction of bringing you down though; Fight, fight until the life runs out of you and you draw your final breath."

Wrapping Solara in a tight embrace, Lith whispered in her ear. "I will always be there, right to the end of it all."

"I'm tired of fighting." She said pressing close to Lith. "And if you don't believe it's my fault, look at everything. "He attacked because I'm on this ship. The chaos gods plague my dreams and one now controls the ship. I hear mother. I'm the reason so many of our crew died today... I dot want to fight anymore.. Fighting leads to death. I HATE death..." The girl said, slowing her crying as she pulled back to look Lith in the face.

"T-T-Thank you for faint about me..." She said and slowly and nervously began to move her face a bit closer to Lith's.

"You know Urd, I believe that the Emperor is smiling upon us this day, we have been blessed by a union such as this. It shows that, even though there is darkness and suffering, the light of hope still exists."

"I suppose your right" Urd said brightening a bit "We should still be careful though, but enough of that for now, how are you doing? Anything hurt anywhere that shouldn't?" she asked as she started to pat him down a bit, looking for any sore spots he may have from the battle.

"I suppose your right." Urd said, her mood brightening a bit. Dante could soon feel his body being lightly massaged on all sides. "We should still be careful though, but enough of that for now, how are you doing? Anything hurt anywhere that shouldn't?" She then asked. Dante let out a content smile, feeling some sense of relief.

"Yeah, wouldn't want to risk anything at the moment, but I'm sure we'll find a way. As for any sore spots, more so my shoulders and back, took a bit of a tumble during the fight in the main hall after dealing with that Dreadnought." Dante said, slightly shouting in pain as the focus point shifted.

"So, what about you Urd, have anywhere that hurts?"

"As for any sore spots, more so my shoulders and back, took a bit of a tumble during the fight in the main hall after dealing with that Dreadnought."
Urd nodded as Dante answered. "Well maybe I can do something about that, you'll need to lose, basically everything your waring above the waist though"

"So, what about you Urd, have anywhere that hurts?"
"My ribs are kinda bothering me since the adrenalin wore off, I don't think they're broken, I know what that feels like, cracked is possible though" she replied, pulling her gloves off. She saw where Dante was going with this line of questioning, and she liked it.

"Well maybe I can do something about that, you'll need to lose, basically everything your wearing above the waist though." Dante showed a smirk, thinking Urd might just get some enjoyment from all of this besides the relievement of any tension she may have.

"My ribs are kinda bothering me since the adrenaline wore off, I don't think they're broken, I know what that feels like, cracked is possible though." Urd then said as she pulled her gloves off.

"I think we can come to some form of deal Urd. As the old saying goes, 'You scratch my back, and I'll scratch yours.' Seeing as though how I might be in the least amount of pain, how about you sort out my aches and pains first, that way when it is my turn, I can give you my undivided attention." Dante said with a smile as he began to remove his coat and shirt, revealing the body underneath. There was a few scars along the back, memories from old battles as one would call it.

"Feel free to start whenever Urd."

Lith leaned into Solara, kissing her passionately. With one hand on the base of her neck, the other trailed down the psyker's, spine coming to rest at in the small of her back. Aching with need, Lith began kissing away the tears while lying back on the bunk, slowly pulling Solara down on top of her.

Inside Lith's mind on the other hand, things weren't going nearly so simply. This is a bad idea! So? I've had plenty of those...She's almost young enough to be YOUR daughter! What kind of person are you? Mom was about the same age when she had me...She's a psyker! What If something happens? Then it happens...She's the adopted daughter of a bloody INQUISITOR! I-I think I...I think I love her.

That last thought shook Lithian to the core. Love was not something a Guardswoman could afford. Life was hard, brutal, and most often ended violently. Personal attachments just got in the away, or got you killed. Damn convention. She thought. We're going to die here anyways, may as well go for it. Leaning back slightly, she looked put at Solara, a questioning look in her eyes. She'd let the girl ddecide how far she wanted this to go.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here