The Great Game: A Fallen London RP (Started, closed)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Kristina and Elisa

The pair arrived at the workshop after a short walk, it was mostly intact, as the revolutionary had said. There were holes in the walls and ceiling, and the door was in so many pieces that it was easy to see inside. The interior was filled with rubble as well as bits of shrapnel, destroyed furniture, broken tools, and snow that had fallen through the roof. The rubble and assorted debris extended to the alleys alongside and behind the building, although the areas in front of it had been cleared away so that it would not disrupt traffic.

The alleys were dark and it was hard to make out if anything of interest lie in them, the interior of the building was also fairly dim but the light from the gas lamps had an easier time reaching it through the various holes in the building. Judging by the marks the blast seemed to have started at the center of the building, and set off some other explosives in the workshop. There was a red stain in some of the snow outside, apparently where Viola had fallen after the blast.

Melissa Group

"If you give me trouble I think they'll just reassign me and send someone to kill you. I think this is the best option, don't you?"

Rosemary had been quiet so far, watching the two of them somewhat surprised, but she then started speaking. Her tone of voice showed that she was annoyed, but also happy that Katz was alive.
"Firstly, the agreement was not working for T.E., but favouring him when it comes to which secrets to deal in. Secondly, I do believe I told you to fake his death, not recruit him." She looked at Katz. "It's up to you, Katz, but if I know you correctly, you'll stay with the Magician, right?"

Katz jerked away from Melissa, it was off putting how she was acting while giving him death threats. He turned towards Rosemary "Yeah, he's been good to me," he looked at Melissa, the fear he had shown when she had first threatened him returning quickly. "N-no offense but I trust the Magician to protect his agents in the game than I d-d-do T.E., look you're cute so I'll cooperate with this." He took a deep breath and seemed to calm down. He thought for a few seconds and then continued speaking, fear gone from his voice. "I know the Magician can fake my death easily I'll ask him to do that and you'll get credit for both Rose's recruitment and my... death. All you have to do is go back to T.E. and tell him you killed me. Just be careful, he doesn't like people lying to him."

The dirty adolescent jerked away quickly, obviously he never had the schooling to understand half the words she was using. Moving away from her wouldn't make him any safer. Melissa simply shrugged and smiled "Don't worry Rosemary, I don't know about the rest of T.E's little minions, but I have my bases covered." Melissa politely bowed and walked out into the cold drizzle of the filthy carnival. She glanced at her envelope with the address for Ladybones Road, rubbing it to make sure there was also a key. Reassuringly, there was.

Melissa slowly began to make her way out of the carnival. Her skin had dropped most of it's colour and she began to shiver. Melissa clenched at her stomach as it knotted up on her and cringed as her heart seemed to beat out of sync. All this f***ing around in this depressing shit hole had obviously taken it's toll on her body. Her inability to have a little 'alone' time was a contributing factor to, Melissa imagined. She glared as she left the carnival, sliding a finger though the envelope and flicking out the address. Touching that filthy little rat and that rotten seafood man probably sealed the deal. Melissa had a basic idea of where to go after her travels around the city, she decided not to take public transport or ask for a homeless child to help. The fact she wasn't in the mood to hurt anyone was terribly depressing and only made her feel worse.

Melissa found the building and tested the key, as she did she let out a cute little sneeze.
"I swear to God I'll curb stomp that f***ing rat." she muttered venomously yet snuffly.

"I couldn't find anything of use to us in the book. Anyway, Elisa let us head over to this bomb making workshop, see if we can't find any clues there."

"Yes, I suppose we should." She muttered to herself as she collected her things. Neatly packing them back in to the bag, she brushed off the dust and dirt that had gathered itself on the hem and skirt of her dress then, proceeded to put her coat back on. Finally she followed Kristina out of the warehouse and into the street, it was rather nice of her to open the door for her and let her out first, seeing as she had both hands full.

They arrived after a brief walk at the bomb maker's workshop, for all the question they had asked the revolutionary at the warehouse, they had learned little to nought of what had happened here; they knew of the how and who, but not the why, hopefully they would learn more here while they waited for Viola to awaken.

Looking over the place, and idea came to mind. She took Kristina by the hand and lead her to where it appeared the explosion originated from, "Stand here for a moment please," and then went and stood herself near where it looked like Viola had landed after the blast had occurred. "If Viola had been returning from a break, like the revolutionary said, then she could've seen the bomb, the question is however, why had she not ran away? was there something worth saving perhaps? We must look for that thing." Elisa knew she was jumping to conclusions, and there was still the unlit alleyway to explore, but it was a starting point, somewhere to leap from before looking.

Melissa

The door swung open with a slight creak, opening into the building. It consisted of three stories, several bedrooms were located on the upper two floors while the bottom floor contained the kitchen, dining room, and pantry. The building would be fairly cramped containing all of them, but it would suffice.

There was a note on the kitchen table, it read "The place hasn't been used in some time, I have had the pantry and kitchen stocked with supplies. The other rooms have been properly furnished, although it is a bit dusty so you may wish to do some cleaning of your own. The men I had bring the supplies to the place said they noticed some rats, although they couldn't say if you would have an infestation to deal with or not. Signed T.E."

"If Viola had been returning from a break, like the revolutionary said, then she could've seen the bomb, the question is however, why had she not ran away? was there something worth saving perhaps? We must look for that thing."

The center of the blast, where Kristina was now standing, appeared to be the remains of a table or a workbench of some sort. Oddly enough, the center of it was on the opposite side of the table from the remains of what looked to be a stool or a chair of some sort, although this was a bit difficult to make out given the number of splinters either piece of furniture had been reduced to.

From where Elisa was standing there was little that remained of Viola's footprints in the snow, and most people had steered clear of the bloodstained snow. Judging by the spacing of the footprints that remained it seemed that Viola had been standing outside the door when the blast went off. A glint of light off of a piece of metal in the snowdrift caught Elisa's eye, it appeared to be a key, possibly meant for the now mangled lock on the workshop door.

A gust of cold wind blew down the street, further damaging the evidence. The holes in the walls and ceiling of the building had done little to improve its insulation. The wind came especially strong through a previously boarded up window facing into an alley, causing a few burnt pages to spiral about inside the workshop.

As they arrived, Elisa began looking over the abandoned workshop. She then took Kristina by the hand, and positioned her where the epicentre of the blast likely was; which appeared to be the remains of some sort of table or workbench. "Stand here for a moment please." Elisa then said, as she stood where it looked like Viola landed when the bomb detonated.

"If Viola had been returning from a break, like the revolutionary said, then she could've seen the bomb, the question is however, why had she not ran away? was there something worth saving perhaps? We must look for that thing."

"It is possible that Viola only noticed the bomb the moment it was about to detonate, and so had not time to take cover or at the very least get out of the way." Kristina remarked, sounding unsure about what she just said, but the theory had some grounding in reality. She then felt a cold gust of wind blowing behind her, it partially disturbing the evidence on the ground. However, it did cause a few badly burnt pages to spiral about inside the workshop. Kristina managed to catch one, but discovered that the text written on it was illegible, so she casually let it continue fluttering in the wind.

"If you were a bomb maker Elisa, and you went in to try and save something, potentially risking your life; what would you save?"

Palace Group

The man within the office opened the door. He was of an average height, wore a pair of glasses, and his clothes were expensive, if well-worn. Not completely young, nor very old, the man they called the functionary looked at the pair. After examining them, he smiled and said; "Well, I don't know what you're here for, but come in. My name is Wolfgang Reynard, if that wasn't known before." He opened the door so that they could glimpse into his office, a somewhat small, but neat room with bookcases on both sides of his desk. On the desk, only a few papers lay in front of his seat there. The room had a comfy arm-chair, but in this case it seemed more like a decoration than a chair with an actual purpose. On the wall which was above ones head when one sat behind the desk, a picture hang. It seemed to be of a garden filled with flowers and mushrooms, a decent picture, if probably made by an unknown artist. Not far from the arm-chair a chessboard with a game seemingly half done stood on a smaller table, it looked as if it had been left there in a hurry.

"It's not a big place, but I'm not usually receiving visitors apart from the maids. What can I do for you?" he said, and showed them into the room, lifting his own chair over the desk so that one of them could sit on it.

"He was talking to that Zailor over there, the one with a bleeding head. I think he said something about heading off to the hill; you could probably still catch him if you hurried." So Cyprus had found a lead after all, that was good news considering how his first attempt of getting information, pulling a gun on the whole pub, hadn't done much more than make the Zailors laugh.

"The hill... he heads for the observatory of the unseeing ones then, I can join him If I make haste." Arreck shook his head and addressed the bartender once more, "another man travelled with us, be aware he may also inquire after us." With that Arreck turned about made his way out of the Medusa's Head and began his trek up to the observatory.

Of the things in the desk, three things interested him. The papers Devilish hunting party/the great brass hunt, the piece of paper being used as a coaster, and the street sign.

First, Collin checked the street sign, and the map, seeing if it matched any of the streets that had a circle on it. He then took a closer look at both the papers used as a coaster, and on the demon hunting/great brass hunt. Finally, Collin turned to Forythia.

"Have you ever heard of the great Brass hunt?" Collin said, holding out the relevant papers.

"Have you ever heard of the great Brass hunt?" Collin said, holding some papers.

Memories rushed through Forsythia's mind of blaring brass horns in the distant, though she had ignored them in favour of investigating the Correspondence and its mysterious symbols with her magnifying glass in had. However, those were knocked out of her mind when she saw the street sign, remembering how asking for the directions for Euston Road brought only glares. No wonder the students had been cautious about letting them inside the office. The Ministry of Public Decency would have a field trip with this cache of contraband. She adjusted her hair and then went to answer Collins's question.

"I have heard brass horns in the distance of the Forgotten Quarter during my visit there. But nothing more than that." She answered, and then turned to the matter of the street sign, "It seems that this scholar wanted to study something taboo. Or something like that, I cannot think of another use for this piece of contraband."

"If you were a bomb maker Elisa, and you went in to try and save something, potentially risking your life; what would you save?"

"Frankly,I wouldn't know," She said glumly, "But, it would be something of value; something more likely to be sentimental worth than monetary perhaps?" She sighed on the spot, she was no detective, she was a doctor, "I don't know. It feels like we've gone about this whole business backwards, we should have waited for Viola to awaken, ask her the questions we needed then come here." She crouched down near the frozen ground, hoping to find some trace of a clue. Instead her eyes wandered, following Viola's footprints towards the door, towards a glittering glint of metal buried beneath the snow.

Careful not to disturb the footprints, she followed them herself, to discover what was buried there. It was a bright metal key, probably for the mangled lock of the now ruined warehouse. Kristana was right, the lock was likely still locked; Viola had arrived in time to see the bomb go off. But if that was the case, who had set the bomb? The assistant was again looking to be the most likely candidate for the 'murder,' he would've had his own set of keys.

"If you have yet to find something in the workshop, perhaps we should check the alleyway, see if any of the debris fell there?" She asked Kristina.

"Frankly,I wouldn't know." Elisa said glumly. "But, it would be something of value; something more likely to be sentimental worth than monetary perhaps?" She then sighed on the spot, obviously saddened by something. "I don't know. It feels like we've gone about this whole business backwards, we should have waited for Viola to awaken, ask her the questions we needed then come here." Elisa then crouched low to the ground, her eyes following the trail of footprints of Viola's that headed towards the snow.

"Who knows how long we would of waited back at the warehouse if that is what we did on arrival. What would we have done in the mean time? Better that we are gathering evidence here than simply standing around doing nothing." Kristina remarked, the coldness of the weather being slightly reflected in her voice, not that it was intentional.

"If you have yet to find something in the workshop, perhaps we should check the alleyway, see if any of the debris fell there?" Elisa then asked Kristina, after she had found a bright metal key, which was no doubt for the door to the workshop.

"I'll go do that now Elisa. You stay here and continue looking, see if you can find anything we've missed on the first pass." Kristina said as she moved towards the alleyway, and began to look amongst the debris.

Kristina

The alley was dark and the light of the flickering gas lamps barely reached into it. In the darkness the debris looked quite similar to that from inside the house. The same rubble, the same bits of shrapnel and the odd charred pages. Still there was one thing that stuck out from the rest of the rubble in that it looked... hairy?

Inspecting the object more closely revealed it to either be an incredibly well crafted mask, or more likely the torn of face of some poor soul. It felt appropriately fleshy and sported a large, tangled, and somewhat odorous beard. It was not a pleasant thing to look at or smell, but given that it seemed to be somewhat buried in the rubble, and slightly torn, it had been here before the blast.

The flickering light of the nearby gas lamps made the alleyway difficult to see into to. But from what Kristina could make out, the debris was similar to that of the house; identical fragments of shrapnel, and the occasional charred pages could be found here. Despite the banality of the place, there was at least one thing that stood out, it looked hairy. From what Kristina could notice, there didn't appear to be any blood.

Kristina clambered over the rubble and debris, and carefully pulled it out to inspect the object under a closer examination. It felt remarkably like flesh and sported a hefty beard that become tangled and smelled rather unpleasant due to it being buried amongst the rubble. Kristina noticed a few small tears along its surface. She then held it up to the light.

"What on earth are you?" Kristina asked to herself, but of course referring to the mask in her hands.

"You must be some kind of mask, and a well made one at that. No way could the face of a human being survive that kind of punishment. Could it?" She then asked, before shuddering at the thought of what it might have been.

"Still, I cannot make this kind of judgement. Whilst she may not like looking at it, Elisa may have better luck in figuring out what this is exactly."

Kristina carefully folded what she hoped was a mask, and clambered out of the alleyway, and back to Elisa.

"Eh, sure why not, 'ey stop that," he yelled the last bit at a spider he had on a leash. "So what d' yeh need t' know? I've got all sorts of spiders t' sell if yer interested." Allen noticed the various spiders, and took a good look at them. "I have a few questions about a man called Francis Wolf. Other then that, I am looking for a spider to buy." He took a note of how all the spiders were acting. He was looking for a small, calm and smart spider.

"I have a few questions about a man called Francis Wolf. Other then that, I am looking for a spider to buy."

"Ah excellent!" the Zailor rubbed his hands together eagerly. "Francis bought a couple spiders off o' me a while back, asked me tah send him somethin' t' feed em, but first t' the business of finding a spider fer you."

He looked Allen up and down with his single eye, then glanced over the spiders he had available; picking through the assorted cages before pulling a few out.

"Here we are, you look like a distinguished sort so I figure you'll like one o' these beauties," he held up three cages.

The first contained a large, bandage covered spider, likely a veteran of the pit, it sat unmoving as it stared at Allen. The second was much smaller, and scampered about its cage, seemingly trying to find a way to undo the lock. The last one was somewhere between the first two in size, and seemed to be thoughtfully chewing on a piece of glim, while looking at the other spiders with something approaching distaste.

Kristina reappeared out of the dark alleyway, with something resembling a mop in hand. In her absence Elisa had taken to searching through the rubble to see if anything else could be found, to her eye she found nothing of importance; what could have given them any further clues had either been blown away by the wind or destroyed in the explosion.

She headed towards Kristina, curious about what she had found in the alley.

"I had heard rumours..." She mumbled under her breath as she took the "mask" from Kristina, it was made from skin - no doubt about it - and was covered in a mottled, raggedy beard that stank, "I believe we have found out what happened to Craig...."

"I had heard rumours..." Elisa mumbled under her breath as Kristina handed the face to her.

"I believe we have found out what happened to Craig..." She then added, sounding rather downbeat about the situation.

"It appears it might be. Well, that is a little disheartening. From what I can tell, it looks a little torn, so it must of been here before the blast. If this 'face' does belong to Viola's assistant, Craig, then he must of been here as well before the blast." Kristina said, before pacing back and forth a couple of times to help her think.

"What do you think we should do now?"

"Well that isn't foreboding at all." Travian said, adjusting his bandages. "Well it's your lead on this one ma'am."

Sam gave Travian a smile that was anything but friendly before the door opened and they were invited in.

"Well, I don't know what you're here for, but come in. My name is Wolfgang Reynard, if that wasn't known before. It's not a big place, but I'm not usually receiving visitors apart from the maids. What can I do for you?"

"Good day Mr. Reynard. My name is Samantha and this gentleman here is Travian," Sam introduced herself and her companion once they were in the small office. "We are here to talk business of sorts," she continued, walking over to the chess game, "You were once part of the Great Game, were you not?"

Palace Group

"Good day Mr. Reynard. My name is Samantha and this gentleman here is Travian," Sam introduced herself and her companion once they were in the small office. "We are here to talk business of sorts," she continued, walking over to the chess game, "You were once part of the Great Game, were you not?"

Wolfgang's smile lessened slightly, but he nodded. She seemed assured, which meant she had good sources. "Yes, that is true." He shut the door to the office, so that there would be no prying eyes. The former agent waited for them to take a seat, he noticed Samantha had taken an interest in his chess-board, but he didn't comment on it, as he didn't see any reason to. When they had, he looked them over again. "So, you're here to talk about the great game? I don't have much to say about that, apart from the fact that I'm no longer a part of it, nor will I be." He glanced over at the chessboard, and seemed to argue with himself, only sign of it being him not talking or looking at them. In the end, he decided to hear them out. "But, since you're already here, tell me, what kind of business were you thinking about? Being here, seeking me out, I can't help but think you are connected to the Great Game yourselves." Even if he seemed stubborn about it, his eyes still had a spark of curiosity in them, noticeable for those who paid good attention.

"What do you think we should do now?"

"We should go back to the warehouse and talk to Viola. We've found as much as we probably can. Once we've heard her version of events, I believe we will have the final piece of this puzzle" She replied.

In fact Elisa almost certainly knew what had happened; it was one of them. Nevertheless she wanted to hear what Viola had to say on the matter, just to fully grasp the situation. After all, rumours were only rumours.

First, Collin checked the street sign, and the map, seeing if it matched any of the streets that had a circle on it. He then took a closer look at both the papers used as a coaster, and on the demon hunting/great brass hunt.

The map did not correspond with the street sign in any way, largely because it was of the forgotten quarter and the forgotten quarter did not contain any streets from London before the fall. The papers contained mostly scheduling information, apparently there was a hunt occurring today and the past few days previously, although Hayner had been unable to get any more detailed information about time or location in the quarter. There were notes about how to mimic the horn calls the devils used to coordinate, in order to distract or confuse them.

"One of the Brass hunts are supposed to be today," Collin said, looking at the paper, "We need to hurry, before he does something that gets him killed."

Collin pocketed the notes the on the brass hunt, even the dates could be useful, and the demon calls, because it interests him and may be usable in a pinch. He quickly wrote down the street address for the newest circle.

"We need to get back to the cab," Collin said, walking through the door.

"We should go back to the warehouse and talk to Viola. We've found as much as we probably can. Once we've heard her version of events, I believe we will have the final piece of this puzzle."

"You sound pretty confident about that Elisa." Kristina remarked as she crossed her arms briefly.

"How can you be so certain when we've found so little here?" Kristina then asked sounding curious about Elisa's theory given the lack of evidence and clues they found at the workshop.

"Anyway, seeing as though it appears there is nothing else is here for us to examine; we might as well just return to the warehouse. Though, we may want to possibly return here, if our questions for Viola gives us any new information on anything we may have missed." Kristina remarked, before both her and Elisa began to make their way back to the revolutionary hideout.

"So, you're here to talk about the great game? I don't have much to say about that, apart from the fact that I'm no longer a part of it, nor will I be. But, since you're already here, tell me, what kind of business were you thinking about? Being here, seeking me out, I can't help but think you are connected to the Great Game yourselves."

"In a way," Sam admitted before continuing. "You seem awfully sure that you'll never participate in the Grate Game again. Any particular reason for it?" she asked, figuring it might be best to get to know the man a bit better before making the offer.

Palace Group

"In a way," Sam admitted before continuing. "You seem awfully sure that you'll never participate in the Great Game again. Any particular reason for it?"

"I'm afraid I don't want to tell you that. Especially not when you're a part of the Great Game. Let's just say there are personal reasons for why I don't want to continue. Too much of a risk." He shrugged. "It was fun as long as it lasted. I'd say I even kind of miss it. But I have things I can't lose now." Wolfgang looked at the two. "Don't you two have something that you don't want to risk?"

Collin and Forsythia

Collin and Forsythia found a cab easily and soon arrived at the forgotten quarter, although the cabbie refused to go very far into it. He had claimed his cab had trouble navigating the ruins of the fourth city, although given the tremor in his voice it was likely simple fear of what might lurk out there. The mists were thin today and it was an easy matter to navigate by the landmarks. The statues and the fountain were quite recognizable, and they soon arrived at the last location, a broken statue of a horse. The ruins around them had been picked over fairly recently, although it seemed that someone had left a trail of chalk marks along piles of rocks, ruins, and shattered pottery, perhaps as a way of finding their way back through the confusing passages of the forgotten quarter.

In the distance a hunting party of devils could be heard sounding their brass horns as they chased something, given the barking it seemed that they had decided to either employ hounds to help them in the hunt, or else were hunting the hounds themselves.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kristina and Elisa

They arrived back at the warehouse, outside it the man who had been watching was absent. Tthere was both a trail in the snow of something having been dragged into the alley alongside the building, and the sound of voices from inside. One of the voices was clearly the revolutionary they had talked to before, another seemed to be the voice of the man who had been keeping watch, although it seemed much less nervous compared to how he had acted when they met him. Finally there could be heard a third voice, likely Viola's.

As they arrived back at the warehouse, Kristina noticed that the watchman from earlier was missing, and that there was a trail within the snow leading towards an alley alongside the building. Upon their approach, Kristina put her head next to the door, and could hear voices within. Two of them were recognisable as the revolutionary who let them in, and the watchman, though this time however he sounded more confident. When it came to the third voice, it was one she hadn't heard before.

"Perhaps Viola has finally managed to wake up. This is good news indeed." Kristina said with a distinct smile as she knocked on the door.

"Ah excellent!" The Zailor rubbing his hands together. "Francis bought a couple spiders off o' me a while back, asked me tah send him somethin' t' feed em, but first t' the business of finding a spider fer you." The zailor gave him a good look and then grabbed three cages. "Here we are, you look like a distinguished sort so I figure you'll like one o' these beauties,"

Allen took a good look at all three the cages. It was a hard choice as each spider had its own up sides and downsides. "I am looking for calm, but lethal spider. But most importantly a very loyal one, I don't want it to turn on me." He then looked up at the Zailor. "And when I buy one of these beauties of you, do you promise to tell me all you know about Francis?" He wanted a pet, but the mission was just as important.

"Perhaps Viola has finally managed to wake up. This is good news indeed."

The talking ceased shortly after the knocks, and the door soon opened, and the revolutionary smiled as she let her in.

"Ah you're back! Did you find anything? Viola just came too and was about to tell us what she remembers," the revolutionary walked back over to the table, which Viola was not sitting upright on, drinking a cup of tea. The watchman was standing back from them, quietly observing, he seemed to be waiting for something.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And when I buy one of these beauties of you, do you promise to tell me all you know about Francis?"

"Tell yeh what, I still need to take him th' spider feed I promised, so I'll give you a discount on whichever one you want if you take it to him afterwards," the Zailor gestured at one of the bags of "feed" behind him, it was hard to tell what it was made of but it seemed unlikely to be appetizing to people.

He glanced back at the cages, "Now then if loyalty is what you want I think ye'll want th' bandaged one, he's been well trained, much more so than these others, plus he's slow enough tha' if he does try t' bite you outrunnin' him will be easy."

"Don't you two have something that you don't want to risk?" Wolfgang asked.

Now that was an unexpected question and Sam had to think on it.

Something I don't want to risk? she pondered, biting her lower lip. "No Mr. Wolfgang, I can luckily say that there's nothing I wouldn't risk if the gain was big enough," she answered after a while. Not having a soul did have some benefits.

"But back to the point," she continued, "Is there nothing that could perhaps change your mind? And old...friend of yours has returned to the game and he would very much to have you at his side again."

Palace Group

"But back to the point," she continued, "Is there nothing that could perhaps change your mind? And old...friend of yours has returned to the game and he would very much to have you at his side again."

"I see, I should have known he was behind this, only he would be stubborn enough to attempt this. What does he call himself this time?" he asked, but then he shook his head. "Don't tell me, I don't need this. And there's nothing that could make me change my mind. Perhaps except..."

He examined his own glasses, trying to determine whether or not to continue. A look towards the chessboard, and he sighed. "If he could ensure my family's safety, then maybe." Wolfgang cleared his voice. "Only maybe, I'll consider doing some jobs for him again. Not the most dangerous kind, of course. And make sure he keeps in mind that I'm married." He smiled slightly, thinking back at some of former jobs no doubt. "That's the only way I'll join the game again."

"Ah you're back! Did you find anything? Viola just came too and was about to tell us what she remembers,"

The revolutionary then hurried back to the table where Viola was sitting acquainting her self with a cup of tea. Elisa followed suit and followed the revolutionary. The absent watchmen was standing behind them, curiously it looked like he was waiting for something to happen. What was curiouser however was that it seemed like whatever scuffle had happened outside the warehouse had gone unnoticed and the watchman was lacking his usual nervous demeanour.

"It's good to here she's back, and I presume safely," She said smiling, "Tell me what happened outside, it looked like there was some sort of struggle?"

"Tell me what happened outside, it looked like there was some sort of struggle?"

The watchman spoke up, he sounded different than he had when they had first talked to him, deeper and more confident, "A drunk harassed me, then collapsed, I dragged him out of sight to keep attention away from the building."

The revolutionary seemed satisfied with this, but Viola looked a bit curious, she took a sip of tea and then spoke, "I know I asked already but are you sure you're ok? You sound different than I remember."

The watchman shrugged, "Probably just a cold, anyways you should finish telling us what you remember," he seemed somewhat impatient.

Viola finished her tea, "I should probably start that over again, for the benefit of our guests, although maybe they have something to tell us first? I was told you had a message for me."

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked