Evangelion 2.0 (open- signup)

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

--- Evangelion ---

The End is Here

Hello everyone! Welcome to this RP!

At the dawn of the new millennium, mankind is besieged by the Angels- a threat unlike any faced before. Conventional weapons are useless against them. They can only be stopped by means of the Evangelions - bio-engineered vessels born from the Angels' own being. But this forbidden knowledge is also the key to bringing about a startling new genesis for the human race. Placed in the hands of it's young pilots, the final fate of humanity resting upon their shoulders, the Evas are the world's last hope.

---

---

Angels

---

Evangelions

---

Creating Your Eva

---

---

Character Types

Ah.... Nostalgia. Totally making a character.

Finished Product, for reals this time!

EmperorZuma:

Basic framework down, will finish it later today but feel free to comment on what's already there.

*Looks over character*

Oh god is Mark gonna hate me

hiei82:

*Looks over character*

Mark: "F**K YOU CHEATER!"

EmperorZuma:

hiei82:

*Looks over character*

Mark: "F**K YOU CHEATER!"

More then that, the character is going to be a Manufactured, A. T. Tactician from the United Arab Emirates. Best of all, the character's gonna be completely ambivalent to your hatred. And, to top it all off, it's gonna be a Field Type Eva, so there's always the fear that the Eva's gonna explode in nuclear hellfire.

I'm the ally you wish you didn't have!

Definitely on board, oh hells to the yes.

And done

Edit: Version 1.1 now complete. (Changes: Added a proper weapon, combined tubes with Progressive Knife)
Edit: Version 1.2 now complete. (Changes: Removed experiment element of Unit, Changed weapon to Positron Cannon, removed the experimentation aspect of the Eva's Production History

But I'm gonna try something different this time around.

Tell me if I need to edit anything. As always I'm open for suggestions, criticisms, etc.

@EmperorZuma: and @hiei82: Great, both look good. However, hiei82, I would change the fluff around on your weapons. Unit 01 forming an artificial arm out of its A.T. Field was apparently a major feat. I also recommend that you carry regular Eva weapons as backup. Where's William Wallace?

@MrI'veebeenframed: Awesome to have you on board. I will allow you to make an additional pilot character if you wish, depending on how many people ultimately sign up. The game takes place in Britain, so you'll be tasked with defending Neo-London. There's a Geofront and heavily fortified base.

Asclepion:
hiei82, I would change the fluff around on your weapons. Unit 01 forming an artificial arm out of its A.T. Field was apparently a major feat. I also recommend that you carry regular Eva weapons as backup.

aw... I wanted to have my Eva use magic light sabers...

Alright; I'll switch up Unit-82's combat plan.

Edit: So what are the limits of A.T. Field manipulation then? It's not very clear from the "A.T. Tactician" or "Absolute Territory" sections where the line is drawn.

hiei82:

Edit: So what are the limits of A.T. Field manipulation then? It's not very clear from the "A.T. Tactician" or "Absolute Territory" sections where the line is drawn.

A.T. Field manipulation is physics hax. There's no limit that we've seen to what it can do, but there is a practical limit in what the pilot can withstand before collapsing into LCL. I'm not objecting to the idea of shaping an A.T. Field into blades. I'm only saying that it shouldn't be so casual that you don't carry anything else.

Colour me interested, but a quick question. How does Nerv find Prodigies?

@Athol: The selection process is unclear. Assume there's some kind of global screening.

@Ascp: Is the Geofront here similar to the one in Tokyo or different? Also what's the weaponry on the bases?

I'll probably have a sheet up sometime soon

Very interested. Everyone I've ever heard talk about the first RP said it was the best thing EVER! Though I don't know much about Evangelion... of hello interent!

@Dogmatic99: It was a beautiful game, with a phenomenal group of players.

The first 2 Rebuild movies are a good source if you want to quickly get up to speed on Eva (aside from being good movies.)

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
@Ascp: Is the Geofront here similar to the one in Tokyo or different?

It is. The GeoFront here is a spherical cavern protected by 22 layers of armored bulkheads. The Geofront is located under a fortified city (basically London was nuked following Second Impact, obliterating the royal family and much of the government, including the Prime Minister. It was rebuilt as a fortress city as part of the UN) and contains the Nerv headquarters.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
Also what's the weaponry on the bases?

Recessive Buildings (an advanced system of gears and rails that allows primary buildings to recede into the ground, where they are much less likely to be caught up in the firefight against the Angel. Not technically an individual structure, this represents a more extensive city-wide upgrade to major buildings and skyscrapers.

Turrets (autocannons, missile arrays, high energy lasers, and armor-piercing rail turrets)

Barrier Plates (solid, reinforced sheets of metal that can be placed at key points in the city, often intersections. Normally, they remain in small bays underground, but at the push of a button they slide up.)

Entrapment System (Sadly only really effective on the Angels with the weakest fields, the Ensnarement Trap fires hundreds of harpoons and hooks connected to high-tensile cables in an attempt to tether down an Angel and stop it from moving. This system may also be used to restrain a Berserking Evangelion should it become hostile to its allies).

Variable Terrain (Using the same basic technology as recessive buildings, you may raise, lower or incline entire sections of ground. You can cause the terrain to move in unpredictable ways, reducing the agility of any Angel that has to walk on the ground. The opposite can also be done to aid the Evangelions in any speed-related efforts.

Bakelite (a fast-setting red-colored phenol resin, which after being released in liquid form will quickly harden. Similar to very quickly drying, extremely hard concrete (but made of essentially plastics), bakelite is deployed inside of Nerv HQ in the event that an Evangelion loses control and needs to be quickly restrained. Also, part of Nerv HQ's defensive system includes the capacity to flood presumably most or possibly all access corridors with bakelite, as a means of cutting off enemy approach. It is used to block passage ways in an effort to stop the Strategic Self Defense Force troop movements inside NERV Headquarters as seen in The End of Evangelion.

Asclepion:

hiei82:

A.T. Field manipulation is physics hax. There's no limit that we've seen to what it can do, but there is a practical limit in what the pilot can withstand before collapsing into LCL. I'm not objecting to the idea of shaping an A.T. Field into blades. I'm only saying that it shouldn't be so casual that you don't carry anything else.

So then where are you pegging the practical limit?

LAST EDIT: 01/08/13 17:41 PM (GMT+0)

Well, I hope you like it. This will be my first sheet in a very long time, so let me know if anything isn't up to par.

!!!EDITED!!!

@Terratina: Cool color scheme, the best so far. I also like your nickname.

@EnigmaticSevens: Excellent. You went into detail on the Eva's unarmored body. I also see that you mentioned Particle-Wave matter.

And it worked! Sheet on the way!

Finished

@Asclepion: Just putting more Freudian psychology into Eva, because Eva always needs more of that ol' Freudian psychology. As for the colour scheme, thanks. I might have a good eye or, I might have based it on something... One of the two.

@Rogue Trooper: Another German? Gut, gut. It seems that I'll have to brush up on my mental chess.

*puts on hipster glasses* I played a clone before it was cool!

But I'm glad to see some clones get some love this time around.

Mr.Ivebeenframed:
*puts on hipster glasses* I played a clone before it was cool!

But I'm glad to see some clones get some love this time around.

W00T Clone Hipsters!

*High Five*

I played a clone last time as well; just no one knew because I was a sneaky jerk who only showed my real character sheet to Asc.

Well, since a certain someone already took the name Daria, I decided to whip up a whole other character to try my hand with. So, uh, here you go.

No love for the Prodigies...

before I started on a sheet, I was curious, and after careful inspection of the OP(*cough*five minutes or so*cough*), I was wondering if you were accepting other human characters that weren't pilots or the Operations Director, as in, specialty support staff/pilot guardians/operations director's buttmonkey/etc.

EmperorZuma:
No love for the Prodigies...

Can you blame them? There's a picture of Shinji overlooking the entry, NOW YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO BE LUMPED INTO THE SAME CATEGORY AS SHINJI WOULD YOU?!

Redryhno:

Can you blame them? There's a picture of Shinji overlooking the entry, NOW YOU WOULDN'T WANT TO BE LUMPED INTO THE SAME CATEGORY AS SHINJI WOULD YOU?!

This is true.

@Asclepion: Will change anything that needs to be, which I imagine is a lot.

Redryhno:

.... Awkwaaaarrrd...

You know, it was just a couple weeks ago that I managed to track down the last two chapters of the Evangelion manga, and seeing the series finally get a not completely horrifying ending actually gave me a bit of closure.

That, and Pacific Rim has recently reawakened my unhealthy obsession with mecha.

Updated to V 1.2! Now with references to Unit-67!

After looking over all the other sheets, I noticed an odd lack of characters and Evas from the UK, so I decided to...

Dogmatic99:

...Well, shoot. And here I thought I was special.

Edit: Question about the MAGI-RMD uplink attachment. I'm assuming that it provides the Eva with a way to connect to the MAGI network, but what benefits does that give? Will the pilot have access to an Angel's probable weak-spots, or the probability of a certain plan succeeding, or something along those lines?

Pages 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked