Gato Community College. (game thread)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 . . . 56 NEXT

William kept quiet as Viktor and them joke about losing the drinking contest. He was going to say something to that bet, until that was a under dress woman appear before them to take them to their table. William turn beat red as he look her over. A little bit of blood coming down his nose as he try to sniff it back up. Trying to look else where as they walk since he didn't want to be a perv before anyone. Though the color of his skin didn't turn back to normal until she was gone.

Hoping no one notice as he sink into his seat a bit, embarrassed that he acted like that. 'Come on William...you went into the demon realm and fought some demon knights and even met Lucifer. A very attractive girl who is dress skimpy shouldn't give you this much trouble.' He tried to reason with himself but he couldn't help it. He never hung around people that much and really didn't know how to act.

The only reason he alright with his team is because he got used to them by now and their oddities. Besides Juliet but thats for a whole another reason. Gluping as he wonder if he should have stayed with Tomas.

"Well apparently we've got a tab on the bar and my people are picking up the tab." He heard Viktor say as he looked at him. Will smiled a bit as at least he didn't have to pay, or get someone on his team to pay for his drinks. He was about to say thanks but Viktor added, "I do need to pay my respects to the man in charge before I do much else, so I'll be back shortly."

"Oh..alright, well thank you, and tell the owner I said thanks as well." William smiled and wave Viktor good bye.

"I don't think he 'gets it', this place has a totally different 'threat level' then a normal bar far as 'assholes putting their hands where they shouldn't' go, as I highly doubt slapping a jerk or throwing a drink in their face would be much of a deterrent to any one here that would get grabby. But what ever, I'll maul that bridge when I come to it, what the plan, or is there one?"

William gluped as he hope it never comes to that. "Well..I don't think they will. I mean..if they get..'grabby' wouldn't they be driving away business here? I-i don't the owners would like that much..."

Meanwhile, back at the school

Tomas was playing chess with one of the other members of Gungnir. Sighing in frustration as he was losing badly. Looking at the board as he was trying to figure out his next move, while his oppentent just smiling in a smug tone. Tomas then smiled and move his knight. "Ha!" He felt like he just change the board, now he was on the offense, now he can push back and wi-

Before he could continue that thought his opponent smiled and move his piece. "Ha Checkmate!" Tomas just stared as he close his fist, let out a roar and just flip the table. Storming out of the room as the Gungnir member shouted "Sore loser!"

Then

"That's the place we're going, and my cell." Responded Viktor as he pulled out a white business card from his wallet, taking a moment to write something down on it before passing it off to Daniel. Flipping it over onto the front, Daniel saw that it had his full name, what appeared to be a phone number, and the term 'Management Consultant' at the bottom, obviously that last part was a cover identity.

"Thanks. Right I best get going, see you lot in a little while." Daniel said as he gave them a wave before turning round and leaving the room.

Back at The Order Safehouse

Before Daniel set to work on right the debrief report, he went about getting tidied up first for meeting up with the others later. After cleaning off the blood that had been splattered on it from the demons he had fought to plunging his sword in Vyrlian, Daniel hanged his trench-coat up to dry, no way it would be dry in time, so he gathered a few articles of clothing together and went for a smart casual look. By the time he was finished, the laptop had booted up so he sat down and began writing his report.

Now with that sent, Daniel was free to go and join the others; but before he left though, he did a quick search on the location of this establishment, and something resembling a smirk came to his face.

Poor Will, won't know what he is in for. Daniel then left the safe-house and went to catch a taxi.

After being led to a table, Viktor told the group that they were having their drinks payed for...which left Mirabelle in a bind about what to do. She still didn't see anything that would fit her definition of fun...then again, her definition of fun involved locking herself in the library all night with a flashlight so maybe that was partly her fault as well. Still, she wasn't really pressured to choose something to do just yet...why sorry so much right now?

"I don't think he 'gets it', this place has a totally different 'threat level' then a normal bar far as 'assholes putting their hands where they shouldn't' go, as I highly doubt slapping a jerk or throwing a drink in their face would be much of a deterrent to any one here that would get grabby. But what ever, I'll maul that bridge when I come to it, what the plan, or is there one?"

"Well..I don't think they will. I mean..if they get..'grabby' wouldn't they be driving away business here? I-i don't the owners would like that much..."

"I donno...that may not be that much of a deterant towards some people, most likely the drunks. Still, I highly doubt that we got in the normal way considering the guards outside. Most people here probably were checked by them and wouldn't have weapons on them, making it much easier to deal with them if need be. Besides, the owner of this place seems to know Viktor well enough to give him a tab, I see no reason to assume that he'd let someone try to harass one of Viktors associates if he knows him that much. All in all, I say we need more time with this place than the few minutes we've been here before we come up with an acurate judgement. I'm not advocating that we let our guard down...I just think we should experience this place first."

Mirabelle wasn't too sure how right that was but considering the evidence, it certainly seemed so, which helped her unwind a bit. And with that, Mirabelle continued, saying, "Speaking of which, anybody have any idea on what they want to do here?"

"Well..I don't think they will. I mean..if they get..'grabby' wouldn't they be driving away business here? I-i don't the owners would like that much..."

"I donno...that may not be that much of a deterant towards some people, most likely the drunks. Still, I highly doubt that we got in the normal way considering the guards outside. Most people here probably were checked by them and wouldn't have weapons on them, making it much easier to deal with them if need be. Besides, the owner of this place seems to know Viktor well enough to give him a tab, I see no reason to assume that he'd let someone try to harass one of Viktors associates if he knows him that much. All in all, I say we need more time with this place than the few minutes we've been here before we come up with an acurate judgement. I'm not advocating that we let our guard down...I just think we should experience this place first."

Sol stopped smiling as he noticed how worried they were. Even Mira, for all her reassurance of the others, seemed to feel nervous. It was a little surprising, they were all strong enough to easily deal with the crowd inside, yet they were acting like normal, weak humans. In the meanwhile, Sol, the one who should be worried, was just on the alert, aware of the place because of instinct, but not worried like that.

I almost wish I was more worried myself.

It was a different kind of world, he supposed, and though their worries were understandable, he had also learned that it was pointless to worry like that. Be careful, sure, but worrying kept your mind occupied. That could be even more dangerous. Still, he kept quiet, he didn't think he could get the message across in the right kind of way. Either he'd sound like he was calling them naive and inexperienced, or he'd mention details about his life he didn't want to.

"Speaking of which, anybody have any idea on what they want to do here?"

Sol didn't mind the topic changing, and he smirked. "Well, I was hoping for some soda, something to eat, a nice chat perhaps. Gambling's not really my kind of thing, and it's a little early for strippers," he mused, taking up two seats in the stall as he leaned backwards, motioning to a waitress passing by. She had a little more clothes on than the former one, but that wasn't by much.

"So, I'm going to order now. I suggest you do the same, because I don't know how long it takes for them to get your drinks. Depends on how fancy they are, I suppose, prepping one of those umbrellas probably takes a while," he grinned, making sure the waitress was still headed their way and hadn't gotten "stolen" by someone else. When she had walked up to them, Sol had already figured out what he wanted.

"No alcohol for me today," he started. "I want soda, I don't particularly care what brand it is as long as it tastes like oranges, and is served in a tall glass. A large one, I'm thirsty. As for food... you wouldn't happen to serve shrimp tempura, would you?" he asked, feeling the need for something greasy. She nodded, telling him that they did, with some vegetables alongside, them battered and fried as well.

That sounds perfect.

"I'd like two plates of that then. For me," he added, making sure she was aware of that he wasn't ordering for anyone else. Luke had only been able to procure two sad pieces of pizza earlier, and that wasn't nearly enough to get rid of the hangover-cravings. "But I only need one bowl of soy or whatever. Any of you guys want to order now?" he asked, looking at the others. He wasn't going to say it in front of the server, but someone else paid for them, and in a situation like this, refusing to buy anything might seem rude, as if the kindness offered by Vik's people wasn't wanted.

Not that he'd bought two servings of tempura to be polite. That was because he could.

Free food tastes the best.

Will was about to say something until the waitress that Sol called over came over. While she was a bit more covered, it didn't help that much for Will as he blush slightly. Grabbing the menu as he hid his face behind it. He wasn't sure why he always felt awkward around women, well, loosely dress women. Though he was glad her focus was on Sol at the moment and his order.

While Sol order, William finds what he wants as the noodles with shrimp in it. As he looked up, he saw the waitress waiting on him. "um..I-I'll have the.." Looks at the menu again before looking back up. "The noodles with the shrimp please..with a sweet tea..if you have that..if not a soda as well.."

The waitress just giggling at his shyness as she moves on to the next person to order.

"Well, I was hoping for some soda, something to eat, a nice chat perhaps. Gambling's not really my kind of thing, and it's a little early for strippers,"

"It's never too early for strippers," Juliet said, clearly joking "food sounds good though."

Sol called over another waitress, as attractive as the first if slightly more dressed, Juliet was appreciative all the same. She waited until Sol and Will had ordered before she spoke.

"No drinks for me yet," she said, then after a moments thought ordered some sushi. She had half a mind to order whatever desserts the place had as well, but decided to wait. Wouldn't want to spoil my appetite.

Sierra looked at how Will was handling the 'allegedly dressed' waitress. "Think Will could stand to sit through a couple shows, help get rid of some of that shyness." she said as Juliet ordered, then came her turn, and this wicked grin crossed her face.

"Burn Two, take it through the garden and pin a rose on it, drag it through Wisconsin, throw a few pigs on it and make it cry with a side of Frog Sticks, of course, and Barley Broth to drink."

There was an awkward moment of silence. "what ever the house brew is will be fine." Sierra added, not even considering translating her order from 'dinner' to 'normal'

"Well, I was hoping for some soda, something to eat, a nice chat perhaps. Gambling's not really my kind of thing, and it's a little early for strippers,"

"Well I can't taste one of those, don't know how to do another one, and have nothing to gain from the last so I'm up for talking.", Mirabelle said, wondering about how many of her friends knew how to gamble.

"Think Will could stand to sit through a couple shows, help get rid of some of that shyness."

"I'd rather not force him into that. Last time we tried something like that we lost two friends to each other due to rage and a karaoke bar exploded. I don't think that will happen again exactly but I'm convinced now that nothing good will come of trying it again...unless be wants to of course.", she said, not wanting to start something with Sierra but feeling like it was nesassary in this case. After all, it wasn't like what she said wasn't truthful...and besides, it probably wouldn't work anyways as far as she could tell.

Once Sierra was done ordering (and confusing both the waitress and her), Mira looked at the waitress, shrugged, and said, "Nothing for me thanks. Sorry.", before trying to figure out just what the hell Sierra just ordered.

"Burn Two, take it through the garden and pin a rose on it, drag it through Wisconsin, throw a few pigs on it and make it cry with a side of Frog Sticks, of course, and Barley Broth to drink. what ever the house brew is will be fine."

Oh come on.

Sol started trying to figure out what the heck Sierra was talking about, because the server certainly did not.

Some sort of... burger, I think. Bacon... you can't just have bacon burger, right? So probably cheese.. Barley Broth? That's uhm. Probably beer? Do you use barley for beer? I think it's possible?

"She wants a bacon burger, probably with cheese on. And a beer," he said, helpfully, smiling to her as she nodded and wrote it down.

I think that was something akin to what Sierra asked for.

As Mira said she was done, Sol sent another smile to the waitress, hoping he'd managed to at least level out what Sierra had done to insult her.

"That's all, thank you," he said, and she gave a brief smile before heading to deal with their order. As she walked away, Sol sighed.

"You ever heard of not messing with the people who makes your food, Sierra?" Sol asked, his tone light and jovial, but with a rather clear hint of sarcasm in it. "No offence, I get that you don't like this place, but the waitress probably has enough on her plate... no pun intended."

He decided to change the topic at that, to something Mira had mentioned earlier. "And I'm sorry Mira, I know a bit about gambling, I've tried it out before, but I'd not recommend gambling with.. well, this crowd. As for Will..." he realized just how much of the conversation he had missed by simply trying to figure out Sierra's order.

"I'd say do whatever feels comfortable. Not that I imagine you'll find that much comfort here, but no one's gonna judge if you want to catch a show, likewise if you don't."

Actually, some may judge, but I'd rather not say it like that.

Sierra shrugged off Sol comment, clearly, he wasn't one to understand her sense of humor, so she turned to Mira and the topic of 'Will'. "I never said we force him to, just that he should, on his own, or maybe with some one there if he wants. Sides, when has forcing some one to do something ever really garnered the desired result."

The on a lark she decided to turn her attention back to Sol. "You missed the Onions, Tomato, Lettuce and fries by the way."

It took Daniel roughly twenty to thirty minutes to reach the destination written out on the business card by taxi, during that time he made some small talk with the driver; a good natured but overly chatty fellow, guess the man was just doing his job. Daniel was a little perplexed when they started entering what looked like the industrial sector, or rather, what remained of it given the number of abandoned factories that started cropping up here and there; then again, given the kinda of people Viktor associated with back home, it probably paid to be somewhere that not a whole lot of questions were asked, even the driver starting getting a little nervous.

When they pulled up outside the nightclub, all that both Daniel and the taxi driver could see was near pitch blackness, though of course, the Angel could feel the presence of several people standing around outside on guard. As he calmly stepped out of the taxi, Daniel dusted off the lapels of his suit jacket an proceed to take some cash out to pay the fare.

"[Keep the change, you deserve that much for coming out here.]" He gave the driver a pretty decent tip, compensation for coming out to an unsavoury looking neighbourhood.

"[Thank you very much.]" Replied the driver, before he turned to drive off.

Can't say I blame you. Daniel then began to walk up to the club entrance, though it didn't take long for the high-beams of several nearby cars to light up the surrounding area, followed by several well armed men, Daniel was guessing yakuza.

"[Halt! Who goes there?]" One of them asked as he approached, everyone else had their guns aimed.

"[Easy there, not looking to start trouble. I'm here to see a Viktor Zhuk, my name is Daniel, Mr. Zhuk should be expecting me.]" Daniel then pulled out the business card whilst raising his hands.

"If that's what you want that's fine by me, I'm a bit surprised you didn't want to gamble for a taste of my blood though, you seemed to have quite a hunger for that sort of thing on our last mission."

He knew she meant it as a joke, but still, her words caused him to hesitate for a moment. "I already know what succubae taste like." He said a bit flatly as he walked away from the table. Her words brought up old memories that he immediately clamped down on, pushing them back into whatever corner of him mind he buried them. Winding his way towards the entrance to the VIP area, his mind was on something else that Juliet had reminded him of.

Ever since his feeding on Vyrlian he felt a bit...more. Feeding on a demon's blood gives a vampire a short term 'boost' to their natural abilities but it wears off after a while, but this? This seemed permanent. Must have something to do with his power...I'll ask Olha, see what she knows.

Setting all that aside, he walked towards the guarded door, and was mildly surprised when the two toughs standing guard simply stepped aside as he approached; though once through the door he chuckled to himself. Their boss knows you're here...how many other 195 cm, white, cyclopes' are here tonight.

Going up a small flight of stairs, he found himself in a well-appointed and much quieter lounge, which overlooked the main floor. By the windows the local boss, and his more senior subordinates, sat on some long couches and talked quietly while watching two girls put on a show. As he approached, the girls were dismissed and he stood before the local oyabun. <"Thank you for your consideration."> Viktor said in Japanese, bowing as he spoke. <"It is the least we could for a senior man from our new ally."> The mob boss replied in surprisingly good Ukrainian; Viktor hadn't been expecting that.

After exchanging a few more courtesies, Viktor took his leave and was about to make his way back to the others, when he spied something from his elevated position that he'd missed coming in. Far to one side, past the various gambling tables, there was a ring where two shirtless men were beating the shit out of each other. Smiling to himself, he left the VIP lounge and headed back towards the others.

He was about half way there, when one of the security types slid out of the crowd beside him. <"Sorry to bother you sir, but an Englishman is asking for you by name, out front."> <"Ah yes, I've been expecting him; lead on."> Following the other man through the crowds, he quickly found himself back outside, where he was a bit annoyed to see the perimeter guards pointing weapons at Daniel. <"Now, now, none of that."> He said, walking between the men. If you start shooting it's going to end very badly for you all... <"This is the gentleman I said I was waiting for."> Wonder why they're so on edge?

Stepping up to the angel, he put a companionable arm across his shoulders and drew him towards the entrance. As the guards lowered their weapons and went back to their duties, Vik pushed open the door and let Daniel inside. "Sorry about that." He said, letting go of the other man. "I told them to expect you, but I didn't realize they were so on edge...must be a territory struggle going on that I don't know about."

With a shrug, he led on, guiding Daniel to the others. Seeing Juliet, Viktor grinned. "Found the perfect thing; if you manage to win, I'll get up on stage and dance." He said, motioning to a currently vacant stripper pole. There is no way in Hell I?m losing... "When I win, you have to go over to the ring and lose convincingly." Succubae by and large, he knew, preferred to avoid physical violence, and he?d yet met any demon didn't hate to lose, at anything.

"I already know what succubae taste like."

You know what one of them tastes like, she thought, though it was clear from his tone that her statement had dragged up bad memories. Clearly she had mishandled that.

Eventually Viktor returned, bringing Daniel with him. So the angel decided to show up for the party, heh, funny for one of his kind to be in a place like this.

"Found the perfect thing; if you manage to win, I'll get up on stage and dance. When I win, you have to go over to the ring and lose convincingly."

"If you're so sure of your victory I'd think you'd set the stakes a bit higher," she said teasingly, "and if you really want to see me sweaty and grappling on the ground I can think of far more amusing options."

How boring, the hardest part of that would be managing to lose convincingly while drunk, particularly since I'm still adjusting to my new strength. While she didn't enjoy losing it wasn't much more than an annoyance to her when the loss was expected, if it really bothered her she wouldn't have suggested the contest in the first place after all.

"But hey if that's the wager you want to make then I'll take it," she said "I'll look forward to seeing you up on that stage."

Sierra perked up a little hearing there was a cage for fighting. "So ... they do any real fighting here or is it all 'scripted events with actors'?" she asked her tone denoting more then a little interest in getting into the cage her self. "also, it just bare knuckle fighting or they have anything weapon focused?"

Some might think it rude to ask if the fights here where rigged or not, even dangerous to a degree give where they where. But she figured Viktor would know her intent from her questions, and why those answers where important to her.

"[Now, now, none of that.]" Daniel looked up, his hands slightly raised, and saw the sight of Viktor as he made his way through the small Yakuza detachment. "[This is the gentleman I said I was waiting for.]" A sigh of relief came when the guards lowered their weapons, not that Daniel would have had trouble taking them on, Viktor then put a friendly arm around the Angel's shoulders as they began heading towards the entrance.

"Sorry about that." Viktor said, letting go as they got inside. "I told them to expect you, but I didn't realize they were so on edge...must be a territory struggle going on that I don't know about."

"It's understandable Viktor, they can't be too cautious after all; especially in an area such as this. The land must have been cheap though." Daniel remarked quietly with a smile as they heading in the general direction of the others. Looking around, he could see a number of scantily clad serving girls walking around taking food and drinks orders from the various patrons, with one having just come from their groups table.

"Evening everyone, how are you all finding the place?" Daniel asked as he sat down. Whilst waiting for a response, he began looking through the menu options.

"If you're so sure of your victory I'd think you'd set the stakes a bit higher, and if you really want to see me sweaty and grappling on the ground I can think of far more amusing options; but hey if that's the wager you want to make then I'll take it," she said "I'll look forward to seeing you up on that stage."

"If you want to raise the stakes, go for it." He replied, sliding into a seat after Daniel. "I'll settle for watching you get your ass whooped, and anyways, you're not my type."

"So ... they do any real fighting here or is it all 'scripted events with actors'? Also, it just bare knuckle fighting or they have anything weapon focused?"

He didn't think it was possible, but Sierra managed to say something that made him laugh. "You mean like that stupid soap opera shit America produces? Thankfully no, like the fights we host at home, it's a real fight. They may have different rules here, but generally they run along 'No eye gouging/fish hooking, no biting, no weapons and no killing your opponent if you can help it."

Just like that Sierra's interest faded almost as fast as it had been sparked. "Well I was talking more about how rigged the fights where, but doesn't matter now." her tone and body language reflecting her sudden loss of interest so she turned to Daniel "This isn't my kinda place. I don't gamble, I find watching strippers kind boring, and given the rules in place, the 'Cage' is a wash." Sierra said in a neutral tone.

"I'll hang out for awhile, poke around, see if there's something of interest here for me to do." Sierra said, then snickered to her self. "That, or me and Juliet can sit and critique the strippers on they're moves, that could be amusing."

"You missed the Onions, Tomato, Lettuce and fries by the way."

Sol simply raised an eyebrow, indicating that he didn't particularly care about having missed stuff. Besides, it was salad and fries, you knew you were in a pretty bad restaurant or shop if they weren't a part of the burger. At least the salad part.

"Evening everyone, how are you all finding the place?"

"It's not too shabby, and Vik's people are footing the bill, which means free stuff. What more could I ask for?" Sol said, grinning. "Seriously though, unless there's a poker table around, in front of people who's had too much to drink, I'm probably going to be sitting here. Broken ankle and all that. Still, I'm liking it considerably better than some around the table seem to."

Spotting the waitress from before with what he assumed to be their drinks, seeing as she was headed for them. He was happy to see his orange soda served in a tall pint glass usually used for ciders. The hunter reached for his drink, taking a sip of it to make sure it had come from a bottle and that there was no alcohol in it before placing it in front of him. He would have asked the waitress about how long it would take for his food to be done, but figured it was far too early for that.

"I'll hang out for awhile, poke around, see if there's something of interest here for me to do. That, or me and Juliet can sit and critique the strippers on they're moves, that could be amusing."

"Could also lead by example," Sol said, nonchalantly. "I mean, sure, telling people what to do is fun, but it's a lot more fun to just do it yourself, don't you agree?" He wasn't sure if Sierra noticed it, but she was acting like a spoiled brat.

It could just be the place, and I sort of understand her. Besides, I'm not always the most gracious person either. Doubt we've got the same reason, though.

Sol took another sip of his soda, he wasn't sure when the last time he had been in a bar and not had as much as a beer or a small cider. It felt like a whole lifetime ago.

And now I feel old. Ugh. Far too early for that. I kind of hope not everyone decides to watch the strippers though, then I'll have to actually walk. Perhaps I should ask if people could just sit here, but then I'd be a dick about it.

He looked over at where the strippers were supposed to be, it wasn't too far, but he was sitting comfortable now. Besides, strippers weren't that fun unless you'd been drinking a fair bit. What was even the point of going to see strippers if you weren't drunk? Because they were sexy?

Speaking of which... I wonder what Sam'd even do with a bachelor party in Vegas, not like he drinks. And I doubt he's one for gambling or strippers either. Besides, he probably has a lot of cop buddies, so they'd probably rather just sit around or go to the gym or whatever.

Sol didn't know, he hadn't actually ever met a police officer in a situation where he'd like to sit around and chat. However, they were all straight-laced and strict, how Sam managed to tumble his way into a job like that was beyond him. Sure, it seemed cosy and nice to live in a suburb and have a fiance and not have to have an alarm on your door, but it didn't suit Sol, and it certainly didn't suit the Sam he had known.

How'd they even plan for it? His friends all probably have kids and can barely spend a weekend away. Besides, people with kids are supposed to be super obnoxious when they go drinking, aren't they? And they've barely experienced anything, I bet, I'd have nothing to talk to them about. The fact that he wants me to be the best man and deal with that trainwreck is beyond me.

He looked into his drink, thinking, finger carefully tracing the details of the glass as he kept thinking about it. Whatever conversations were happening around him were indistingushable to him, he could be sitting alone in an empty hall and it wouldn't make much of a difference now.

Why does he even want me there? He probably thinks I'm still a criminal, and that it's up to him to save me, but I don't get what having me in his wedding would accomplish. And he'll always answer me the same day I answer a mail of his, even if I've spent weeks avoiding it. I don't get it, what's the point? I've told him I don't want to do it, I'm not even sure if I want to go to his wedding, but... but he keeps persisting.

Sam and his fiance had been engaged for more than 5 years now, and Sam had tried to get Sol to come for almost 2.

Aren't they tired of waiting? Can't they just get married already?

He wasn't stupid, he knew the reason. He knew he was the reason, and that it was probably painful to be rejected like that. However, it was just as painful for him, if not even more. Being Sam's best man, going to the wedding, it would mean going back to the family he'd had, being a part of it again. Sol wasn't sure if he could ever manage that. He had Elizabeth and granpa, they were his family now. His finger kept going back up and down the glass.

Sam shouldn't put his life on hold for someone who might never go back to being his younger brother. Blood is blood, but family is trust.

Yet, even as he thought that, he bit the inside of his cheek, he felt guilty just thinking about it, he felt like a self-centered coward who couldn't seem to make a choice.

Oh, right, I'm here with people.

He looked up at the others, adjusting his cashmere scarf and smirking, just to make sure no one had noticed that he was worried. He wasn't entirely convinced it would work, but at least it was a try. Wouldn't want to ruin the, admittedly, rather varied mood, after all.

"I'll settle for watching you get your ass whooped, and anyways, you're not my type."

"Not your type? How hurtful," she teased, she shrugged "I was going to suggest that winner gets to feed on the loser, though at the very least I'd prefer a condition that doesn't hinge on me having to control my strength while drunk."

"That, or me and Juliet can sit and critique the strippers on they're moves, that could be amusing."

"Could also lead by example, I mean, sure, telling people what to do is fun, but it's a lot more fun to just do it yourself, don't you agree?"

Sierra was being a bit of a downer, and Sol seemed distracted. Not exactly the celebration I was hoping for. Probably best to keep them around though, if people at least get talking then we might have some fun.

"Both good suggestions, though I think I like Sol's best," she said, giving an evil grin "what do you say Sierra? Want to go show those girls up?"

She doubted Sierra would be, after all the girl always wore such stuffy clothes, not to mention her attitude. But at least teasing her kept her in the conversation, and besides it might get her to loosen up a bit and actually be some fun.

She turned to Sol "If she doesn't want to them I'm sure the two of us could," she said, then frowned slightly "or do you have other ideas? You look like you've got something on your mind."

Mirabelle didn't give a response to Sierra's rebutle concerning Will, mostly because she felt that even with the insistance that Will should do it on his own and that Sierra didn't want to force him, that it would just be a bad idea. In general, she didn't see how getting him used to seeing a woman without clothing would translate into making him be able to better talk to women. Still, she dropped it, since this was Will's decision. All she could do was support him.

After a quick recommendation from Sol about not gambling with this crowd, Viktor came back with Daniel, who promptly took a seat with them, asking, "Evening everyone, how are you all finding the place?"

Mirabelle pondered this for a moment since she had mostly just stayed seated since they got there. Of course, it didn't help that there wasn't anything that she could really enjoy from the sounds of it...but she had insisted on giving the place a fair shake before judging it and she felt as if she hadn't done that just yet. With that, she looked around once more, trying to spot anything to do that she could have missed before saying, "Well...this place seems okay but there's nothing really that I can enjoy here. I can't gamble and due to some well thought advice, I'm wary of learning how to from this crowd. It's a waste of money for me to eat and I get nothing from the strippers. The fighting cage might as well be off bounds for me given my past fights and how they turned out and I can't get drunk. All in all, I think I'll just stay here and talk with you guys...unless one of you needs help with something."

"Could also lead by example, I mean, sure, telling people what to do is fun, but it's a lot more fun to just do it yourself, don't you agree?"

"Both good suggestions, though I think I like Sol's best, what do you say Sierra? Want to go show those girls up?"

Sierra gave the two of them a funny look, then sighed, took a sip off her beer. "Since the cage is a wash, I'll think about it, but I highly doubt any one would wanna see me naked. Not with all the scars I still have from the last fight." She said, internally grumbling about the loss of her regenerative capability's.

She been doing that a lot lately, grumbling to her self about her lost powers, ether cause she wasn't healing as fast as she liked, or something else she could do before that she couldn't now, it was irk some and she would need to do something about it.

"Since the cage is a wash, I'll think about it, but I highly doubt any one would wanna see me naked. Not with all the scars I still have from the last fight."

Well, that was certainly a more positive reaction than she'd expected. Maybe with a little persuasion she could get Sierra to actually do something fun.

"I wouldn't be so sure about that," she said "I for one don't mind scars, and I doubt this crowd here does either."

This was a Yakuza place after all, while she wouldn't put it past them most of the guys here had scars of their own so complaining would be a bit hypocritical. Besides it wasn't like the plan was to put on a show for the people here, it was for their own amusement.

"Besides scars are nothing to be ashamed of," she said "and even if they were who cares what the people here think, we're here to have fun."

"...or do you have other ideas? You look like you've got something on your mind."

Sol shrugged, if he hadn't looked up he wouldn't have noticed that Juliet was talking to him, it almost startled him. "Hm? It's nothing, I'm just thinking. It's just..." he trailed off, not sure what to say. Part of him wanted to ask about all of it, even if it was just a badly disguised attempt at asking a random, unrelated question. Regardless of what he'd decide, the conversation moved ahead.

"Since the cage is a wash, I'll think about it, but I highly doubt any one would wanna see me naked. Not with all the scars I still have from the last fight."

"I wouldn't be so sure about that, I for one don't mind scars, and I doubt this crowd here does either."

"... nothing, it's nothing," Sol muttered to himself, and drank more of his soda. He really was being visible distracted, huh. That was bad, he hadn't gotten there in order to dampen the mood and ruin the celebration. Stretching, he looked at Vik and Daniel, trying to keep a conversation, any conversation, going, just to keep himself from thinking about that old stuff. One he could be a part of too. "So, are you guys going to order something? Or is it up to me to spend money on your behalf?" Then he looked at the rest.

Conversations starters... conversation starters... Oh. This one'd suit a group as well. But it might be a little silly.

"Oh, and also, since a large part of us aren't drinking or gambling or anything, how about we play a game? A little "get to know each other" game? I mean, it's just a childish thing, and I'm sure there's already a lot you do know about each other, but it could be fun. If we add a little competition to it, of course. Some truth or dare, perhaps? I mean, some of us are already shouting challenges atop of our lungs, so why not?" He crossed his arms.

"Only if you want to, of course. And I'm sure we'd need to set some ground rules. But you'd be surprised about how many hunters have gotten to know each other over this, because, believe it or not, a fair amount of them are socially awkward and loners. Oh, or two truths and one lie, that one's fun too, but it might be a little difficult here."

"Not your type? How hurtful, I was going to suggest that winner gets to feed on the loser, though at the very least I'd prefer a condition that doesn't hinge on me having to control my strength while drunk."

"You're a bit 'young' for my tastes, though I know in your case that is purely cosmetic." He replied. "Though as for feeding...unlike yourself, and some vamps I know, I don't get off on it. I do it out of need or utility, not pleasure." Now at least. More old memories to be pushed aside.

Letting out a quiet sigh as Sierra whined about there being nothing that interested her, he did his best not to roll his eye. God forbid the world NOT revolve around you... Juliet responded to her, but he tuned them both out. The sooner Seth smartens up and sends her packing the better. Conversations happened around him, but he wasn't paying much attention, until Sol said something that caught his ear.

Oh, or two truths and one lie, that one's fun too, but it might be a little difficult here."

"I'm game," He grinned. "Lets see how good a bullshitter you are Mr. Thorn."

Sierra gave Juliet a smirk "Uh huh, you just wanna get me out of my clothes. Totally on to you." she said, making that 'I'm watching you' gesture in jest while Sol brought up a 'game' they could play to get to know each-other better.

She thought about that, it wasn't a bad idea to get to know them better, she was probably closest to Mira and Will but even they didn't really know anything about her, nor she them really. She also gave thought to whether she should or not, she was going to be going away soon and she didn't know how long she'd be gone for.

Still probably wasn't a bad idea, the 'loneliness' was starting to get to her, after all why else would she go watch TV with Viktor. "Sure, why not, I'll play this game of yours."

William listen to everyone talk and smiled. While he wasn't big on the conversations he was just glad they were at least getting along. While he agreed there wasn't much to do, that didn't stop him from enjoying the company. Though he did hide his face a bit when they talk about letting William go visit the strippers, and the part where someone brought up that both Juliet and Sierra should strip.

He didn't know if he would be up for the first part, and no idea how to handle the second. Teammates stripping? Seem like an odd thing to do. When the drinks came Will smiled at the waitress, though he try to keep focus on her face and not her outfit. "T-thanks." He whisper to her, which earn him a flirty smile. Will grab his drink and started to sip on it. Contining listen to the people around him as he then heard something fun.

"Oh, or two truths and one lie, that one's fun too, but it might be a little difficult here."

"I'll play too..though I probably won't be very good." He smiled lightly, setting his drink down. He didn't mind the game at all and it seem far better then the current entertainment. Not wanting to get caught up in drinking, gambling, or one night stands with either the strippers or random guest. That and he didn't want to think of messing up and making himself look like a fool infront of people.

Daniel listened as the others gave their responses, some where less then enthused about being here, as the options for entertainment that were available here didn't exactly interest them, or that it held no worth to them, Mirabelle especially. Whilst this was going on, one of the many waitresses passed them by and he beckoned her over. This one had a subtle blend of both Russian and Japanese features, making for a surprisingly attractive blend given the differences between the two peoples. She was wearing something that whilst more respectable looking, was nonetheless revealing. The lady greeted him with smile.

"[Evening. I'll have the Okinawa Soba please, with a green tea to drink.]" Daniel pointed out each item as he ordered them.

"[Certainly. Anything else?]"

"[No no, that will be all for now.]" The waitress then left giving him a flirty wink as she turned. It was around this time that Sol had made a suggestion about a game that the group could play.

"Oh, or two truths and one lie, that one's fun too, but it might be a little difficult here."

"Now this seems like it'll be interesting, though I might just sit and listen if you don't mind." Daniel said, sitting back more comfortably in his seat as he spoke.

"Uh huh, you just wanna get me out of my clothes. Totally on to you."

"Oh you know me so well," she replied with a smirk "but that doesn't change the truth of what I said, there's no reason to let scars bother you."

"Only if you want to, of course. And I'm sure we'd need to set some ground rules. But you'd be surprised about how many hunters have gotten to know each other over this, because, believe it or not, a fair amount of them are socially awkward and loners. Oh, or two truths and one lie, that one's fun too, but it might be a little difficult here."

Hmm, that could be fun, and it would be something the others would engage in. Well not all of them, as apparently Daniel would rather sit out and watch. Coward, or just boring, maybe both.

"Sounds like fun to me," she said "truth or dare that is, two truths I suppose works as well but dares are much more fun."

"Oh, and also, since a large part of us aren't drinking or gambling or anything, how about we play a game? A little "get to know each other" game? I mean, it's just a childish thing, and I'm sure there's already a lot you do know about each other, but it could be fun. If we add a little competition to it, of course. Some truth or dare, perhaps? I mean, some of us are already shouting challenges atop of our lungs, so why not?"

Mirabelle couldn't argue with the idea of getting to know each other better...of course, she would have to answer more about herself, something she wasn't exactly comfortable with. Still, she did come here partly for the social interactions so it was probably best to at least try this game out. After all, the more she shied away, the more these opportunities would pass her by...besides, she assumes that she could back out and not play if things started getting too uncomfortable. Once everyone else had answered, giving their approval, Mirabelle joined in, saying, "Well...okay then. I'll play too."

She still felt a little nervous about it but she presumed that the questions would all be light in spirit, not digging to deep into the others past or secrets. Of course, she couldn't discount that from happening...but she figured that just left that person a target for some deeper digging so she felt reasonably assured that nobody would try doing that, preferring to stay non-intrusive to giving up their own secrets.

'Of course...why am i doing that? It's just a game, not an interogation. Nobody else is thinking of hiding something. Now calm down, and prepare for the game...', she thought to herself. Afterwards, she began trying to get her nervousness under control, waiting for the game to start.

Sol looked at the others, surprised that nearly everyone had agreed. Everyone but Daniel, but it was always easier when someone was watching either way. It had mostly been an idea he'd come up with to distract himself, but apparently they were doing it. "That's fair. Let's do truth or dare then, since you've all left it up to me. I'll go first," he said, starting to think of some ideas, what to ask and who to ask. "Oh, but not just yet." He loosened his scarf a little. "Rules. I'm not one for a lot of rules, but we should have some. For questions, most things goes, though it won't be fun if someone is purposely targeted with difficult questions. As for dares..." Sol thought a little more.

"Well, Dares. No forcing people who's said they're not drinking alcohol to drink alcohol, nothing more physical than a hug or a kiss on the cheek, not unless the one being dared says it's fine. Nothing that will get people in too much trouble, some is fine, but asking someone to pick the pockets of one of the fine gentlemen inside here, for instance, isn't the best idea. At least not if they get caught. Lastly, remember limitations, some of us are more squishy than the rest, and some can't do certain things. Just give it a bit of thought, and it'll be fine, okay?" Sol looked to the others, making sure they had gotten it before leaning backwards, holding his soda.

"Now, because he brought us here, and because his people are paying... Vik. Truth or dare?"

Sol smiled a devious smile, he already had some fun questions for the other. As for the possible dare, well, it might be a little embarrassing for the vampire, but it was more for Sol's comfort.

Snagging the waitress Daniel spoke with, before she left, he ordered a bottle of Nemiroff Lex. As long as I keep it to the low-to-mid six figures, the accountants wont bitch too much. He thought as Solomon went over the ground rules.

"Now, because he brought us here, and because his people are paying... Vik. Truth or dare?"

"Somehow I knew you were going to say that." Viktor replied, returning Sol's smile. "Truth."

"Somehow I knew you were going to say that. Truth."

Sol smirked, he was a little sad that he wouldn't be able to get Vik to get him a pink straw, but this was good too. He wasn't going to start off with some question about the other's favorite color either.

"Well, it's just going to be a basic question, but I think it'll be fun regardless," he said, putting his hand on his chin. "So, let's see... What's the single most embarrassing thing you've done? And I don't mean like, slightly awkward, I mean the most mortifying, humiliating situation you've ever put yourself through."

"So, let's see... What's the single most embarrassing thing you've done? And I don't mean like, slightly awkward, I mean the most mortifying, humiliating situation you've ever put yourself through."

Viktor sat back, thought for a moment or two, then laughed to himself. "Alright. It was 1960, I was helping mount some pulleys for a block-and-tackle up in the rafters of a warehouse we'd just bought, so I'm 30-35 meters up on the catwalk...and this isn't some nice secure thing with hand rails and the like, it's just a series of 12 cm wide boards laid rafter to rafter...anyways; I'm up there crawling about with a bunch of rope across my shoulders, when I hear new voices enter the building below me." Shaking his head a bit he chuckled softly.

"I'm trying to see who's below me, but they're on my blind side." He said, tapping the left side of his head. "I try to twist a bit, while still moving forwards, miss my footing and fall. I let out a rather undignified yelp, flailed about, managed to get some of the rope both caught on a rafter, and around a leg. So here's my big ass dropping like a rock, about to eat floor, when the rope snaps taught, stopping be about 4 or 5 meters off the floor, looking at the rather stunned faces of the Elders, a minor Demon Lord they were giving a tour to...and the single most stunning woman I had ever seen." Looking over at Juliet, he gave a brief, sad, smile. "That was how I met Melina." He fell silent for a moment, the coughed, and went on.

"So here I am, hanging upside down, feeling like a total idiot; when Olha, in her best 'innocent little girl' voice chirps up with "Dear God, it as big as my arm!"...that was when I realized my pants hadn't survived the decent...I somebody had offered to stake me right then and there, I'd've probably said yes. To cap it all off, that little brat had a camera with her and managed to get at least 4 or 5 pictures of me like that, before the rest of the work party stopped laughing enough to get me down."

"Anyways..." He said eventually. "Mira, you're up. Truth or Dare?"

William wonder who was going to go first. That was until Sol asked Viktor his most embarrassing moment in his life. Smiling a bit as he wonder that as well. Just looking at Viktor didn't seem like he would in William opinion. Though as he start to recount the tale, William smiled a bit, enjoying hearing his friend story.

Laughing a bit as he listen to Viktor telling how he felled down, pantless and infront of his bosses, his bosses' friends, and the woman he fell in love with. As well as the whole thing with Olha making it worst then it started. "I'm not sure what I would have done if that happen to me." William thought, he would probably have died right there and then.

Mirabelle just stayed quiet as the questioning started between Sol and Viktor. She was surprised at how direct and personal the first question of the game was...but soon found that subsiding once she started listening to Vik's story. Of course, she didn't laugh all too much since it she thought it would be insulting, plus it would draw attention to their little group, but she did genuinely find the story to be amusing. She did wonder though, how he was able to so readily tell the story, since it seemed like it was something you kept to yourself...then again, they were doing it to share such information so maybe that was why. It was in the spirit of things...she just had to make sure that she kept that spirit going on her turn.

"Anyways...Mira, you're up. Truth or Dare?"

Suprised by how quickly her turn had come about, she froze for a second before getting over the suddenness and saying, "Um...well, it wouldn't be in the spirit of things to not choose this so...Truth."

Pages PREV 1 . . . 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 . . . 56 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here