Gato Community College. (game thread)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 . . . 57 NEXT

"Any questions?"

Juliet thought for a moment, and listened to Sol's questions when he brought them up. Briefly she wondered how difficult it would be to get her own agents into Regalia, then concluded it would likely be too difficult for too little reward.

"What sort of resistance are we expecting?" she asked "and what skills does our little operative have?"

He looks cute, if a bit young, she thought looking at the image. I wonder what sort of creature he is, human or otherwise. The mission didn't sound terribly difficult, and she was eager to test out the powers she'd claimed in the demon realm against real opponents.

Viktor

Viktor smiled at the thought of doing a little 'housekeeping' with Regalia; they had debts owing, and he wanted his pound of flesh, so to speak. The split mission types, on the other hand, gave him pause. While his team was definitely more suited to the quieter asset extraction, he really wanted to hurt some people. One more reason why I shouldn't be here... His grin had quickly twisted into a frown.

"Are we the ones who'll get the secondary objective? Or are we just "cleaning up", as you said? And... well, this is mostly for the sake of my thoughts, but why did you send someone as young as that?"

"Good points, but Sol, is that last one worth distracting ourselves over right now? He's there and needs and out, worry about the 'why' once we get back." Old voices from when he was still learning to hunt Nazi's and Soviet's filtered through his mind. Focus on the mission as it stands. The big picture is good, but when the enemy is before you and the bullets are around you, the 'now' is what's most important.

"What sort of resistance are we expecting? And what skills does our little operative have?"

He shifted in his seat and waited for Seth's response; those two were on the ball enough that he had nothing to ask.

Yvette

She sat near the back of the room and did her best to deal what felt like a minor panic attack. Yes, her father had trained her a bit, and yes she'd expanded it, but all this talking and 'mission planning' made it really sink in for her. OhfuckIdon'tknowifIcandothisfuckfuckfuckfuck. She didn't know if she could actually fight someone; sure she drew he sword on Daniel, expecting a fight, but that'd been 1% instinct and 99% panic-driven terror. There 'd been no time to really think, only react...but now...now she'd have time to think, to possibly have to injure or kill someone with intent. She could feel her heartrate rising again. Stopitstopitstopityou'renothelping!

"This team, as well as two others, has been selected for a special operation." Seth said as he pulled out a file, and began the meeting that he had messaged everyone about an hour ago. "We've obtained the location of a few Regalia 'bases', and we will be playing the role of janitor, and 'clearing out the trash'." The mere mention of Regalia seemed to put everyone on edge, judging from the expressions Daniel saw.

"There is also a secondary objective, there is a VIP to locate and extract at one of the target locations." Seth then turned over to the next page on the projector, giving them a glimpse of what this undercover operative looked like. Well, based on first impressions, he certainly looked young, and fairly average for a human; though Daniel wagered some girls would find him cute with those baby blues, and some older women too, if they were into that sort of thing.

"He's one of ours. An undercover operative apparently, and he pressed the 'get me the fuck out' button. Seems he's concerned they might be on to him, either way, we're going in after him, with the attacks on the other locations being a 'faint' to cover the fact we're really just going in for one guy."

Well, that is certainly a clever plan of subterfuge. Draw the enemies attention with one action, whilst you sweep in with another whilst they are distracted or otherwise unaware of your objective. However, this did get Daniel thinking of possibilities that it might not appear as it seems. Though that could have been Daniel's predisposition and history with Regalia talking. When it came for questions, Sol and Juliet piped up with a couple of rather sensible ones. Daniel had one of his own, but it could wait until the next round of questions.

Sat next to him was Yvette, and he could tell that the young Nephilim was shaking like a leaf or if it was a particularly cold day. Weighing up his options, Daniel gently put a hand on Yvette's shoulder, hoping it might calm her down.

"Nervous I take it?" He asked quietly, not wanting to draw attention.

"Oh, hey Mirabelle. Um, do you know someone named Sierra? Tall, crystal looking horns and wings?"

Mirabelle was a bit surprised that Yvette even knew her name, mostly because she thought that Sierra wouldn't bother introducing herself in the tired state she seemed to be in...that, and she wasn't expecting Yvette to be in the common room. Still, she figured that it was only fair that Yvette know about Sierra a bit too. "Uh...yeah. She's an old teammate of ours. She left a couple of months ago though for the demon realm though, mostly to figure out more about Regalia's guns and other devices...from what i understand at least." With a quick hi to Sol as he came in, Mira continued filling in Yvette on Sierra, though mostly it was just answering any questions that Yvette had.

After the hour passed, the meeting finally began and they learned just why they had been called together. Apparently they needed to either assault one of Regalia's places or get someone out of there, the distinction being very important for Mirabelle, since it decided what she would bring. Luckily Sol already had that covered so instead she began wondering about something else. Mostly she thought about any traps or resistance...but then she began to wonder. After all, you most likely don't just send one spy in. It be impossible to know if they had been caught or compromised without someone else there to help keep an eye out. Of course, it also could have been too risky to have multiple people in. Either way, the fact that she didn't know which it was made it more imperative to ask, especially since she figured that none of their group wanted to be accidentally taking out the schools own agents.

"Um...do we know if there are any more undercover agents at any of the other locations? Anyone we should avoid attacking if possible?"

Tomas

Tomas listen to the details of the upcoming mission. Wishing he was part of the group that was assaulting instead of getting someone out. Though a mission is a mission so he will do it. Though he did wonder how a dragon is suppose to help much on this mission if this is a "get someone the fuck out" type.

Raising his hand as he asked after everyone else got their questions answered. "So we are the ones chosen to get this guy out..What happens after we get him to the extraction point? Whats our plan of leaving the area? Plane? Car? Some magical bullshit?"

William

Will listen to the debriefing and was about to asked his own question, but most of his were already asked and answered. Wondering what kind of defenses they will have at this base. As well as what could this guy do. He would have to be pretty good to be hiding among a bunch of racist who wants to kill all non-humans and any of their friends who were humans.

William sighed, wishing the world wasn't this terrible. Looking around at the others as he could see different reactions on their faces. Though the one who caught his eyes was Yvette who seem to be having a small panic attack. Only reason he could tell, was he ran through the same thing when he first started. Perhaps he would need to give her a pep talk to help her out. Viktor helped him, and he isn't the scared little boy any more.

"Nervous I take it?"

Yvette let out a small 'eep', and flinched as Daniel's had touched her shoulder. "Oh...it's just you..." She replied, her cheeks flushing slightly. "Nervous? No, fucking terrified is more like it." She said, keeping her voice barely above a whisper. "I-I guess it's just the reality of what's going...and what I might have to do...is starting to sink in."

A shiver rippled through her body, and she slumped forwards, burying her face in her hands. "I think I've made a big mistake." Chuckling softly, she turned to look at the angel. "When I saw you, somebody who I knew would kill me, I acted...I would've been doomed, but I still made to fight; but the thought of fighting these Regalia people? I don't know if I could raise my sword against them, even knowing what they've done, and will do..."

"So we are the ones chosen to get this guy out..What happens after we get him to the extraction point? Whats our plan of leaving the area? Plane? Car? Some magical bullshit?"

"Are we the ones who'll get the secondary objective? Or are we just "cleaning up", as you said? And... well, this is mostly for the sake of my thoughts, but why did you send someone as young as that?"

"What sort of resistance are we expecting?, and what skills does our little operative have?"

"I'm told the 'correct technical term' is 'magic mother fuckery', Tomas" Seth snarked, before continuing on.

"A 'taxi' will be waiting at extraction, and yes, we're the ones going in to pull him out, as well as doing a bit of 'clean up', can't leave any potential witnesses in this op, otherwise trying to fake them out by hitting several locations at once would be meaningless." Seth said, kind of ignoring the part of Sol's question about why he set some one 'so young' in. Partly cause Viktor already handled it and partly because he was tired of saying some variant of 'I'm not in total control of Gungnir so I don't know everything that goes on in it.'

Instead he moved on to Juliet's questions. "Everything we've seen so far from them is conventional human weaponry, with the exception of the anti-magic ammo we're already familiar with, so you'll wanna keep that in mind, as for his ability's. Apparently he's a bit of a blow hard, what with the wind magic he supposedly has."

"Also keep in mind, we do have a team getting some body armor ready for you and the other teams. Specifically, body armor to eliminate that special ammo as an issue." Seth added in case anyone was worried about that. "Anything else?"

"Oh...it's just you..." Yvette said in quiet surprise, her cheeks ever so flushed. "Nervous? No, fucking terrified is more like it."

"I-I guess it's just the reality of what's going...and what I might have to do...is starting to sink in." She added, keeping her voice quiet.

Ah, your first taste of actual combat outside of training sessions. I can see how that would be daunting.

"I think I've made a big mistake." Chuckling softly, Yvette turned to look at Daniel.

"When I saw you, somebody who I knew would kill me, I acted...I would've been doomed, but I still made the decision to fight, but the thought of fighting these Regalia people? I don't know if I could raise my sword against them, even knowing what they've done, and will do..." Daniel paused to think for a moment, obviously Yvette needed her spirits lifted, but how best to do it he wondered.

"Where would you have gone if not here? Can't imagine there are many places like Gato in the world." He said with an encouraging look before continuing.

"Listen, it wasn't that you knew I would kill you, but rather you thought I would kill you based on what you had been told; I don't blame you for how you acted. But you know better now, for me at least. But these people called Regalia, they despise people like those here at Gato, and would stop at nothing to destroy such a valuable institution. Would you want something like that to happen?"

Solomon Thorn

"Good points, but Sol, is that last one worth distracting ourselves over right now? He's there and needs and out, worry about the 'why' once we get back."

"It's not," Sol admitted, scratching his stubbles. "And I know, sorry, it was just an impulse. I'll refrain from voicing unnecessary worries in the future," he said in a matter-of-factly tone, though he made sure to let Vik know he hadn't taken any offence or anything like that. He turned his attention to Seth, who was busy answering questions. He also noticed that Yvette didn't seem to be having the best time at the moment, and wondered if it was nerves or anything else, though he didn't feel like calling her out on it right now would be the best thing to do in order to help.

"Everything we've seen so far from them is conventional human weaponry, with the exception of the anti-magic ammo we're already familiar with, so you'll wanna keep that in mind, as for his ability's. Apparently he's a bit of a blow hard, what with the wind magic he supposedly has."

Sol sat up and looked at Seth, directly into Seth's eyes, pushing his hat back to add to the effect. He then raised his eyebrow, though if Seth noticed it, he didn't say anything.

Really? Did you just make a terrible pun during briefing?

It wasn't even chuckle-worthy due to pure stupidity, it was just kinda, no. Nope. He halfway hoped it hadn't been on purpose, just because that almost made it sort of okay.

"Also keep in mind, we do have a team getting some body armor ready for you and the other teams. Specifically, body armor to eliminate that special ammo as an issue. Anything else?"

He glanced over at Yvette, wondering if he should tell Seth about that. However, Daniel seemed to be figuring things out, and they'd have to rely on Yvette to tell them if it got too much.

Some of that trust Vik went on about, right?

Instead, he thought of his plans with Luke, and halfheartedly held his hand up before asking.

"Well, I assume this is going to be mentioned soon either way, but I figured I might as well ask; exactly when is this mission taking place?"

Viktor

"Anything else?"

He was glad to hear about the special armour. He'd seen pictures of what those specialized rounds did to their targets, and he'd rather not have that happen to any of 'his' people. "Got a quick question." He called out, raising his hand slightly. "We have a rough count on the numbers we may run into, or is this more of a 'make shit up as we go along', type deal? You know, SOP for the clowns running the front desk of this circus?"

Yvette

"Listen, it wasn't that you knew I would kill you, but rather you thought I would kill you based on what you had been told; I don't blame you for how you acted. But you know better now, for me at least. But these people called Regalia, they despise people like those here at Gato, and would stop at nothing to destroy such a valuable institution. Would you want something like that to happen?"

"No, I don't." She replied, shaking her head softly. "They're class A assholes, who have no problem murdering those they fear...but I don't know if I could do it." A large part of her wanted to break down in tears out of sheer frustration at the whole thing, but that wouldn't accomplish anything but draw attention to her, so she did her best to quash the feelings. "I don't want to sink to their level...I don't want to risk becoming like them."

"Well, I assume this is going to be mentioned soon either way, but I figured I might as well ask; exactly when is this mission taking place?"

"We're really just waiting on the equipment to be finished, and we aren't going to mobilize till all our people are covered. No ETA just yet, I had to pull some of my people in to speed things up since the original ETA for completion was 3 weeks, but rough guess? 3 days. I'll be confirming that, after this, and I'll fire off a group wide message when I know for certain."

"We have a rough count on the numbers we may run into, or is this more of a 'make shit up as we go along', type deal? You know, SOP for the clowns running the front desk of this circus?"

"That we do. The target location has, on average, roughly 30 hostiles. Our boy was even kind enough to make sure we had a map of the building as well."

"One final thing. Try to not destroy the any Intel sources like computers and what have you, there might be valuable info tucked away in them" Seth added.

"If there's nothing else, the meeting is officially over, I'll leave you all to prepare, and do remember to remind Sierra about qualifying for field work." He said, and turned directly toward Viktor. "A moment of your time 'old friend'? There's something you and I should discus."

Tomas

Tomas nodded at the information and mostly just ignored the joke that Seth said. He wasn't in the mood to play around. Wondering what he should do to prepare as he started to leave. Though stopping and looking over at the others, wondering if they needed any help. Daniel and Yvette seem to be chatting amongst themselves. Though Yvette seems to be having some sort of trouble, but Daniel looks like to be helping her out. Perhaps he would need to check up on her later.

He doubted Sol would need any help as he seems to be very good at handling things by himself. As well as lately he wants to be alone, probably something to do with his relations with Luke. He would rather not get tangled up with Juliet, as she seems to be going on a "spree" of sorts to feed her new powers. Then he spots Mira and she could always use help with one of her experiments. Walking up to her as he tapped on her shoulders. "Need any help with anything before the mission?"

William

William got up after Seth ended the meeting. Walking over to Daniel and Yvette though stopping a few feet away when it seems Yvette was going through some trouble. Though what he wasn't sure. Will thought it might be because she just scared of going on a dangerous mission. Though after a moment Will walks over and smiles. "Hey, Yvette. Daniel." He looked at each of them before saying, "Something wrong?" He hoped he wasn't overstepping his boundaries.

"No, I don't." Yvette replied with alongside a gentle shaking of her head to confirm. "They're Class A assholes, who have no problem murdering those they fear...but I don't know if I could do it." Poor kid looked as though she was about to let loose the floodgates on tears, but they didn't need to create a scene, not now, not at a crucial juncture. "I don't want to sink to their level...I don't want to risk becoming like them." All Daniel could do at first was let out a small chuckle at that first remark, he was a little surprised at first, but then kinda happy at the same time.

"Well well, never would have thought that I would hear the child of Raphael call someone a Class A Asshole. I must admit, I'm actually kind of impressed Yvette." He said as he gave a reassuring look.

"But on a more serious note; I don't think your heart would let you stoop to such a level as the bastardry that Regalia employs, that, and of course, your father would probably want to have some words with you. Unlike those people, you're not fighting based on some misguided ideology of hatred and intolerance; but rather, you're acting towards an outcome for a better tomorrow. And it's a battle you won't be fighting alone." Throughout all this, Daniel hadn't noticed the presence of Will, it was only when the boy spoke that he did.

"Hey, Yvette. Daniel. Something wrong?"

"Yvette here has some pre-mission nervousness. First time out in the field and all, so I'm trying to lift her spirits. How about you Will, prepared for what is about to happen?" Daniel asked in response, hoping that maybe a second opinion on things from someone who was in a similar position that Yvette was in not too long ago might help.

Well...considering that Seth didn't answer her question...she could only assume that there weren't anymore of their spies in any of the bases. Still, from what he said, it seemed like they were just going to up make an assault on the base...which she guessed meant that she could finally field test her hammer. Of course, she still needed to complete the cartridges for it, but she could hopefully get that done in the three days it would apparently take. That said she still needed to know what to fill them with...and considering the nature of the mission and the state of her hammer, it was probably best to make a few back up potions for healing and such.

"Need any help with anything before the mission?"

Mirabelle blinked for a second, snapping out of thought, before looking at Tomas. She hadn't even realized that she had slipped into deep thought on the matter. Still, Tomas was offering to help...it would probably be best to let him. After all, she had a tall order to fill, even if she thought she could get it done in time. Having an extra pair of hands helped, and besides, it's hard to screw up a healing potion in a way that would harm oneself, and she highly doubted the idea that he could be bad enough to do that.

"Yeah, sure. I need to make some healing items and get the last of my hammer done by the deadline so...thanks for offering." She paused for a moment after that, suddenly considering something. Of course, she couldn't know until they tested it...and they would have to kill a few hours if she did actually take damage...but she did have to know. Better to be injured for a bit than an accidental liability during the mission.

With that, she turned to Tomas again and, hoping that they weren't going to be overheard, quietly said, "Also...this may sound a bit unorthodox...but in a bit, i'm going to need you to hit me."

Viktor

A rough count on hostiles, and even a MAP? Things are looking better. He thought to himself. Maybe, just maybe there was somebody in Admin that had a fucking clue. As the others began to file from the room, he stood to do the same, when Seth addressed him directly.

"A moment of your time 'old friend'? There's something you and I should discus."

"If we're friends, I need to really raise my standards." He chuckled as he strolled over. "So oh 'Great Un-throned One, what do you want?"

Yvette

"Something wrong?"

"Yvette here has some pre-mission nervousness. First time out in the field and all, so I'm trying to lift her spirits. How about you Will, prepared for what is about to happen?"

Looking away from Daniel, she gave Will a tight lipped smile. "Well that's a polite way to state it. I'd have gone with 'pants shitting-ly terrified freak-out' but that's just me." She said with a rather humorless chuckle. Though that said, she was curious about how Will seemed to be keeping his calm, considering the impression she'd gotten from talking to people, he'd just about been jumping at his own shadow when he'd joined.

Solomon Thorn

"We're really just waiting on the equipment to be finished, and we aren't going to mobilize till all our people are covered. No ETA just yet, I had to pull some of my people in to speed things up since the original ETA for completion was 3 weeks, but rough guess? 3 days. I'll be confirming that, after this, and I'll fire off a group wide message when I know for certain."

Sol felt both happy about it not being instantly, and a little worried about the agent who had to wait for being picked up. 3 days was a lot of time, especially if there really was a reason to get out of there.

It's not really my job to worry about that, though. I can't make it happen any quicker.

Still, he was relieved he would be able to spend some time with Luke after they'd made up, but he wasn't going to feel happy about it.

"One final thing. Try to not destroy the any Intel sources like computers and what have you, there might be valuable info tucked away in them. If there's nothing else, the meeting is officially over, I'll leave you all to prepare, and do remember to remind Sierra about qualifying for field work."

With a nod, Sol sort of gave a reply before he checked his phone. It was almost eight PM, it wouldn't be too long till Luke came over. He was really good at getting there at the exact correct time, though the only thing he replied when Sol asked him about it, was that he simply knew how long it would take to walk over, as if that was an acceptable answer.

Hopefully this place's cleared up a bit by then.

They were going to take it in his room, but still. Sol hoped he wouldn't have to whisper. Looking towards the others, most of them seemed to be engaging with each other, and he didn't exactly want to interrupt anyone, besides, he had something to talk to Juliet about, and she seemed to be on her own at the moment.

"Hi, Juliet," He said, and approached her. "Seems we've got a trouble some case here, but if you don't mind... I have something to talk to you about, regarding the whole group thing. Can we take this outside?" He pointed at the door. "I'd rather discuss this without prying ears." His expression was rather neutral, since he wasn't technically going behind Vik's back in trying to get Juliet interested, and perhaps finding a natural leader for them. Yet he sort of was.

But I am doing it for the common good of the group.

If that wasn't being a team-player, then Sol was going to give up this whole team thing.

"I'd rather discuss this without prying ears."

"Well you've piqued my interest," Juliet said, beginning to walk towards the door "can't wait to hear what this is all about."

The group huh? She had noticed Sol's objection to the youth of the agent they were rescuing, it certainly didn't bother her but she understood how humans valued young blood highly. Certainly there was something to be said about the vigor of youth, the next generation and all that, but what purpose was someone talented if you didn't use them?

Somehow she doubted this was about that though, the mention of the group got her thinking that Sol had learned something about a group member (or members) that he didn't approve of.

Seth snickered at first about Viktor's 'standards', though the 'un-throned one' comment visibly irritated him. "Since I'm pulling people in to speed this up." Seth said, reaching into his jacket, pulling out a folded piece of paper. "I have some targets that need hitting, targets I'm sure you and your kinsmen will likely be very interested in dealing with your selves." Seth said with a smirk. The paper had some locations in Japan a long with a Japanese phone number.

"I've already had the contact told to be expecting some one from your clan to contact them, and you'll want to for the intel on those sites." Seth said putting his hands in his coat pockets.

Solomon Thorn

"Well you've piqued my interest, can't wait to hear what this is all about."

"It's nothing super exciting," Sol admitted once they had gotten outside and a little aside, a sheepish grin on his face. "I just don't want Vik to think I'm plotting against him. Because I'm not, it's just an observation. Or a few of them. And what could be a solution." He looked at Juliet, his green eyes seeming to glimmer with a mischievous cunning, as he thought of how to tell her without making it sound like he was telling her just so that Vik would get off his case. Because he wasn't, but it could seem suspicious. He held up his right hand, and put down every finger but his index finger.

"One, I've seen you like to skip training sessions. And believe me, I've done the same, and I get it. It's dull, and it feels like it's not going to end up in something. You've felt it too, right? It's just plain uninteresting, and it feels like there's so much more that's actually interesting to do." Sol didn't mention that he also felt that it was a bit basic for someone who was used to training on their own. Him scaling the school buildings was far better exercise than a punch of push ups. He held up another finger.

"Two, Vik's guidance simply isn't cutting it. He seems overworked. Now, he's done an okay job as a trainer, I know some of the others have benefited a lot from it. But some people, you me... certain others," he thought of Will, but also Yvette, given her reaction to the mission. Actually, thinking about it, there were some more people that certainly needed a talking to too. "Need something else than that. Sure, it's probably helped us as well, but we need something more challenging, and they need something to help them deal with their issues. And he won't, or can't, deal with that, because he can't stretch that thin." He held up a third finger.

"Three, our team isn't much of a team. If this was about us doing jobs together, then fine, I'm a professional and you're clearly not inexperienced either. Daniel seems to have danced this dance before as well, and Vik's certainly not some greenie. We can work with people on a professional basis. However, Vik has hammered into me that he wants more than that, he wants us to be able to rely on each other, really do so. And our team really isn't enough of a team to do that, we're not close enough to have that kind of trust. It's not going to cut it." He held up four fingers.

"Four, our missions can come at any time, just like now. And we're not ready, not if we're going to work as a team. And that's dangerous, we're dangerously unprepared for team work." He held all five fingers out.

"Five, despite our troubles, we do actually have someone with leader abilities in the group. Someone who could handle everyone, who has an apt social ability, that pays attention to people, and who can get everyone in the same room to actually bond. Someone that's clever, charismatic, experienced, someone that I'm sure would do well being in charge, but also knows to take care of themselves well enough not to get taken in by the pressure. Someone a tiny bit ambitious, and certainly not a push-over. According to the impressions I've gotten, of course." He winked playfully to show that he meant no offence.

"So, how about it Juliet? Wanna be the actual group leader? Or second in command, depending on how you'd like to put it. We'd have to convince Vik, of course, but he's stubborn, not an immovable mountain. It is, after all, for the benefit of the group. And I'm sure it'll be more fun than running around in circles and learning how to talk into those walkie-talkies without making a fool of oneself." He put his hand down.

"Also, don't worry if you don't want to do it, it's just a suggestion. I just thought I should mention it to you, since, well, it'd be a waste if I didn't right?" He looked at Juliet, head tilted and an expression on his face that said "I'm just innocently suggesting this".

"Also, don't worry if you don't want to do it, it's just a suggestion. I just thought I should mention it to you, since, well, it'd be a waste if I didn't right?"

"Well I certainly would like more of a say in how things are run around here," Juliet said thoughtfully, smiling at the flattery "and like you say I don't think anyone else on the team is really suited for leadership."

Obviously she was always happy to take a position of authority, though she imagined Vik would have objections. Still if Sol was willing to get behind her on this it might be possible to force his hand. Besides the team was rather poorly organized, and Vik's heavy handed leadership was certainly not as productive an approach as it might be in a more disciplined outfit.

"Well I think you've convinced me," she smirked "I don't suppose you have any plans to suggest for how to make this happen? Vik can be a stubborn ass you know."

Tomas

Tomas nodded at first as she talked to him about her plans. Though stop and did a double take when she got quiet and asked him to hit her. He played back what she said, thinking she might have misspoken or he misheard. Though every time he tried to think of another word to be used in that sentence, nothing fit.

"Mira..mind repeating what you just said? Cause I think I misheard you.." Tomas said, worried a bit as he looked towards the group and then back at her.

William

Listening to both, William thoughts from before were correct and Yvette seem to be worried or how she puts it, 'pants shitting-ly terrified freak-out'. Though he couldn't blame her or even speak ill about it. Not that he would, but he was in the same spot as she was. "Well.." William started out, while he wasn't terrified as he used to be, he still was worried of things going wrong. Either from his own mistakes or others, but he couldn't say anything like that to Yvette and make her more scared.

"While it's not like the mission where we had to invade a demonic fortress to stop Lucifer from coming back..and failing that and then having to have the other Demon lords to fight him before he became unstoppable..We probably shouldn't expect a cake walk of this mission either. Though we have a good amount of powerful people on our side so I'm sure everything will be fine. Plus Yvette, from our earlier sparing matches you are getting better." William said, trying to cheer her up somewhat. He never really had experience on this side of the pep talk.

Viktor

Viktor couldn't help buy smirk a little bit, at Seth's annoyance over what he'd lost. He's still sore about that? Considering how things are going for him generally, I'd've thought he'd consider himself to have beaten Mammon. Demons and their pride I guess.

"I have some targets that need hitting, targets I'm sure you and your kinsmen will likely be very interested in dealing with your selves. I've already had the contact told to be expecting some one from your clan to contact them, and you'll want to for the intel on those sites."

He took the paper with a nod of thanks, and opened it, quickly scanning the text. What's the catch? He thought as he tucked the sheet away. Seth never offered information freely; sure he was getting Yurchenko assets to sweep these targets, but he could've easily handled that with his own people if he'd wanted to...no, this was a chit, a favour owed. Damn that snake...

Yvette

She stared at Will for a moment or two, with a slightly stunned look on her face. "Really? . . . damn. . ." She'd heard, from some of the other students in her classes that Gungir had gotten into some exiting stuff but she'd neglected to actually read up on the details. "Well you seem to come out of it okay." She said, smiling slightly. "I-I guess that sort of puts my worries into perspective."

Yvette stared off into space for a moment, gathering her thoughts, before letting out a small sigh and turning to flash an uneasy smile at Daniel and Will. "Well, you've both given me somethings to think about, thank you...I-I think I just need to get everything sorted out in my head...excuse me." With that, she left the duo and went to find a quiet place for her to sit and think.

Solomon Thorn

"Well I think you've convinced me. I don't suppose you have any plans to suggest for how to make this happen? Vik can be a stubborn ass you know."

"Actually, I did," Sol said, then scratched his stubbles. "With emphasis on did, that is. I figure, the best way would be for you to come to all the sessions, and show that you actually can do everything Vik tells you to, and more. But now there's a mission first, so that's going to be sort of difficult..." he trailed off, pushing his hat back and forth a bit absentmindedly as he thought it through.

"Doesn't mean there's not a lot for you to do now. Vik's probably going to be busy dealing with his own stuff, so you could use the absence to take a bit of charge, perhaps invite people out for a meal or something to do in order to relax a bit while you subtly prepare them for the mission. You could go see if Sierra's up, have a chat with her about what she needs to hear, and then listen to what she's been doing while she's been away, she'd probably appreciate someone taking the time out of their day to actually hear her out. Not about the technical stuff, or about her powers and changed appearance, but how she's been, and if there's anything she wants to get updated on."

He examined Juliet, wondering if she and Sierra got along now. Sierra had been gone for a lot of time. Without lingering on it, he continued.

"I mean, there's more stuff. You could help people out with preparing for the mission, you could be preparing in a manner that shows you're considering everyone, like asking them if they can do a certain thing, or if they have an idea for how we could proceed at a certain point. You know. Leader stuff, caring about everyone, relying on them a bit, but most of all, show them that you're reliable. Volunteer to help out, or show people that you know how to organise people. I don't know if you think that's fun or not, but you need to build some trust before you try to actually convince Vik. And I'll help you out, though, not all the time, I have a certain someone I need to tend to. Affectionately."

Sol winked slyly, he doubted she'd have any trouble figure out what he meant. Then he shrugged. "Apart from that, I dunno. There's a reason I'm not trying to be the leader myself. Well, there's a multitude of reasons, but the main one is that don't have any talent for that kind of thing. I'm not too bad at planning, but I'm not a leader. And I don't think you should overturn Vik either, just, he doesn't seem to be much of a social centre, and, well, you know."

"Mira..mind repeating what you just said? Cause I think I misheard you.."

Mirabelle blinked for a second, going over what she had said and trying to figure out what Tomas could have been confused by. It hit her a moment later what he was befuddled by, causing her to inwardly lament at how randomly and strongly she had thrown that out. Of course he would be hesitant to attack another teammate, heck, she acted the same way with Lenah. Still, she did own him an explanation for that...plus, it gave her the chance to potentially salvage the situation. Collecting her thoughts and figuring out just what to tell Tomas, she finally opened her mouth again and spoke in a low voice.

"Well...i can see how you would think that with such an odd request but i'm afraid that it's exactly what you heard. I apologize but i do need you to hit me." She waited a moment to let that sink in before continuing. "To be fair, there is a good reason for it. You see, back before we stormed the demon realm...actually it was before we raided those build...ok, lets just sum it up and say it was before Sierra got injured. Anyways, during those screenings we went through with Seth, i had mentioned my...inherent fragility to bludgeoning and blunt force in general. Well, he suggested that i talk to Lenah or Sierra about getting some temporary defence set up. Of course, since i had known Sierra longer, i went to her and asked about some temporary enchanting options and, with the help of a mutual teacher since Alchemy and Enchanting don't mix very well, she ended up being successful in that goal...you know...outside of a few training moments, it really hasn't proven that useful outside of protecting from walls. Anyways, i digress. The thing is, we didn't have a set time on when it would wear off, with only the estimation of "a few months" to really set a general time. Now it's been a couple of months to a few months, depending on how you see it, and suddenly we're given a...okay presentation that basically details that anything that uses Aether is...well, Screwed. Even Enchantments. Suddenly i realize that not only has Seth's suggestiin really not helped me, it's actually turned into a detriment since, from what i understand, i'm now a living bomb, with one of those bullets being the blasting cap to set me off. Fortunately this is only true if the enchantments are still on me. Unfortunately I don't know if they're still working or not, hence why I need you to hit me. It's a test for the teams own good really, though i will admit that i don't exactly find it ideal to explode either so it's mainly for my own wellbeing too. Also, we can wait until later to do it, you don't need to do it now, in front of everyone else."

With that, she stopped again and waited to see what he would say.

"I'll let you get to it, I need to go confirm everything is still on track." Seth said, then left the room to go confirm things. Though once he was in the hall he snickered to him self a bit, Viktor was going to be paranoid about a 'favor owed' that didn't exist, and for the sake of his own amusement, he wasn't gonna try and change that.

mean while.....

Sierra started to stir, then yawned, tried to stretch, only to find she couldn't. Coming around a bit more she realized she was hunched over the end of the bed, apparently not fully making it onto the bed. As she came around a bit more she noticed 'her room' was rather mess for her not having been there for two months, and the decorations where different.

The the switch flipped. She's not in 'her room'.

Sierra stood up, stretch proper, popped a few things, then stepped out of the room, looked around looked at the hall. Confirming she'd gone into the right the door. "Right, two months, new person." she said to her self, then just turned and headed into the main room where Seth was just leaving, Will and Daniel where talking to the new girl, Tomas and Mirabelle where talking and Viktor was still standing around.

"What I miss." She asked Viktor.

"Apart from that, I dunno. There's a reason I'm not trying to be the leader myself. Well, there's a multitude of reasons, but the main one is that don't have any talent for that kind of thing. I'm not too bad at planning, but I'm not a leader. And I don't think you should overturn Vik either, just, he doesn't seem to be much of a social centre, and, well, you know."

"Some very interesting suggestions," Juliet said, smiling to herself "I suppose I should make some time to talk to Sierra, she's been through some changes recently after all."

Plus she's never liked Vik much. Of course that thought was currently taking a backseat to her being impressed at how much of a schemer Sol was being. She had to admit she'd underestimated him, and perhaps she should have come to his conclusions herself a while ago but then being able to directly step up and take charge was relatively new to her.

"Don't think I can't tell that you're trying to get me to show up more," she said "most of this training doesn't do anything for me, but you're right in that I should remind people that I'm always around to talk to."

She smiled "Anyways have fun with your boyfriend."

Solomon Thorn

"Some very interesting suggestions. I suppose I should make some time to talk to Sierra, she's been through some changes recently after all."

"That's one way to put it," Sol said without any trace of mockery. "I'd talk to her myself to make sure she's fine, but I'm fairly sure I'd just get bored when she started talking about the politics part, and I really don't want to pretend I'm interested. Besides, you're gonna be the leader, so it's better if you do it."

"Don't think I can't tell that you're trying to get me to show up more, most of this training doesn't do anything for me, but you're right in that I should remind people that I'm always around to talk to. Anyways have fun with your boyfriend."

Sol shrugged, he had sort of expected Juliet to figure it out, but the way she put it made him sound manipulative. He didn't like that, he wasn't manipulative. He was doing this for the team.

And a little for myself. But it's mainly the team.

"I am going to have an interesting time with Luke at least. Whether or not it's fun will depend on some things. And, for the record;" He crossed his arms. "I said I understand you in not wanting to go. But we can't have a leader who's "slacking off", at least from other people's perspective. It's sweet that you think I'm that cunning, but I'm totally not. Not sure how I feel about you thinking I'm manipulative enough to use leadership as a carrot to make you do as Vik says, but I can see how it could be mistaken for such a plot."

His calm, almost defensive tone was betrayed by an amused and playful glint in his eyes, easily mistaken for the usual look in his eyes if one weren't looking. He smiled warmly. "Thank you for listening to me though. I'm sure we can make a difference, and then this team can finally be an actual team. Let me know if you need help with anything, and I'll see you around," he said, and went over to the main entrance with a bit of hurry. Sol wanted to be there when Luke got to the door, so that the blonde wouldn't have to worry about Sol losing his nerve. He stepped back and forth, checking his phone. Only one minute now, Luke would surely...

"Hi. Am I early?"

In front of him stood Luke, backpack with the laptop on his back and snacks and drinks in his arms. Sol looked down at his phone, it had just turned to the new hour. "Welcome, and no, you're just in time," he said and led the other past the others in the common room and into his own room, giving a nervous nod to Vik as they passed him. It was both as a thank you for the advice from earlier, and a "I'm so fucking nervous". And a tiny bit of "I'm totally not making plans behind your back".

Well, this is it.

He thought, and muttered to himself.

"Showtime."

Viktor

He was still trying to figure out what the hell Seth's game was, when a familiar voice sounded behind him.

"What'd I miss?"

"Just our 'favorite' over-sized belt just letting us know we're about to finally do something productive against Regalia; that and apparently there's a mole in there that wants out, so we're getting him as well." He said, spitting out the name 'Regalia' like a curse. "Oh and he said to remind you about qualifying for field work." Without really realizing it, he looked back at the paper Seth had handed him as it crinkled in his hand.

One thing any vampire that has to interact with the rest of the world, and remain sane, is to learn how to not hear things; otherwise the noise just gets to be too much. As a result of that, and that his 'bad' side was towards the door, as a result he didn't realize Solomon and Luke were there until he caught a whiff of the lycan. Turning to see the pair heading towards Sol's room, he smiled. Hopefully Sol's going to take my advice... He shook his head slightly and chuckled to himself at the absurdity of it all.

Yvette

Leaving the common room she wandered the campus, William and Daniel's words playing through her head. They were both right, under Karis' battering, she was getting better, and she had joined up to help stop those people...Fucking nerves. It seemed so much easier when the thought of having to actually fight someone was at best theoretical. Movement out of the corner of her eye broke her concentration as she saw the only nice werewolf moving briskly towards the Gungir building. What's his name again? Lance? No..Luke! Yeah, that's it. She'd never really spoken to him, but out of all the Beta House pack she'd encountered at any point, he was the only one that wasn't a tool.

Distracted as she was, she wasn't paying close enough attention when she walked around the corner of a building, and into half a dozen other members of Beta House. She let out a small 'oof', while a fellow almost as tall as her snarled. "Watch where the fuck you're going!" "Sorry, sorry..." She replied, stepping back. She tried to step around the group, but one of the guys blocked her way.

"C'mon, you can do better than that." He said in a voice that made Yvette's skin crawl. Most of the group chuckled, but one guy at the back looked fairly nervous. "Hey, just leave it Mike." The nervous one said. "I know she's in Gungir..." That made the rest of the group stop and begin to look as nervous. "Fuck those wannabe pigs." The leader 'Mike' spat. "I ain't scared of them; they talk a lot but they've never done shit."

While they bickered, Yvette had been inching away, trying to open as much space as she could, but at the general reaction to the mention of 'Gungir' she smiled to herself as she was reminded of some stuff she'd been told about the organization from before she'd returned to the school. "Sierra is back." She said softly, with a hint of a smile. All the bickering stopped, and the group went pale, Mike most of all. "B-bullshit." Mike said, shaking slightly. "I-I told you, Dave said he saw her." One of the others said, as Yvette nodded. Panic was clear in Mike's eyes as he waved for the group to disperse. Before running off, he looked at Yvette once more. "You never saw us, we were never here." Not likely A bit put off by the encounter, she decided to go back to Gungir.

Tomas

Tomas listened to Mira as she explained why she wanted him to hit her. Though at her pace of explaining, he felt like he was getting a headache. Not being annoyed by her, but all the information being processed of her reasonings. Though at the end, he sighed as he pinched the bridge of his nose.

"While I am against this..I'll help out. Though later and...not in front of anyone." Tomas said as he looked at the others and then back at her. "Just, figure out when and where you want to do this and I'll do it. Send me a text" He said as he then starts to walk off. "I'm going to train a bit. If you need me for anything else, just reach me there or call me." He waved as he started to head to the gym.

"Just our 'favorite' over-sized belt just letting us know we're about to finally do something productive against Regalia; that and apparently there's a mole in there that wants out, so we're getting him as well, Oh and he said to remind you about qualifying for field work."

Sierra just sighed, "He does know I didn't come back just to get throw into the line of fire right? Or does the admin really think I'm 'done' working for Lady Riviera? Well, what ever, I've been slacking of on my work out anyway." she grumbled a bit, as well as crossed her arms. "So whats this about a 'mole'?" She the asked, her tone carrying no small hint of 'really? we have a spy? us? ok then ...'

Solomon Thorn

Sol had decided to talk instantly, it was better to get it over with than dwell on it, lest he might end up thinking too much about it. He thought of what Vik had said too, he really needed to say it. He owed Luke to say it. Besides, it could've been worse. He could've been a serial killer, or a drug dealer, or some sort of person who did human trading. Compared to that, a thief was, well, pathetic.

God, please make it so that he doesn't pity me either.

How God would do that was beyond Sol, but who knew, God worked in mysterious ways and all that. He got into the large bed and pushed himself back towards the wall. Then he told Luke to sit in the other corner of the bed, on the edge. Luke's blue eyes, so damned intelligent and understanding, seemed to be bury their way into his head, and Sol reached for his hat and pushed it over his eyes. Luke could still see him, but he couldn't see Luke, not when he focused on the wide brim of the cowboy hat.

"We can watch some episodes later, if you still want to hang out with me, but I'll talk now. Please don't talk till I'm done, and please don't leave halfway, okay?"

"I won't."

Suddenly, Luke pulled away, laughing.

"What?"

"It's just... Modern Robin Hood, though. California's Prince of Thieves? You may act like a jock with the sex and the partying, but you're a total dork," Luke grinned.

"I'm not sure you should be the one to say that," Sol grinned back. "Pretending to be all strong and tough and "Dude", that you're part of the "pack" and then you're a super-nerd in disguise."

"Takes one to know one, nerd," Luke teased, and pushed Sol down onto the bed. "Really though. Thank you for trusting me."

Sol blushed again, a bit embarassed. It was odd, normally Luke was the one blushing, though the other's cheek certainly did turn bright pink at watching Sol. He didn't know why, but right now he felt as if he had removed a barrier between him and Luke. He didn't know if that was a good or a bad thing, some doubt still lingered in the back of his mind. Still, he just pulled the other closer.

"It's fine, I feel a little better now that I did. Besides, you said something so cheesy I'm not even embarrassed anymore. Now, more importantly... Can we have sex now? It feels like it's been forever," he joked, though it was pretty true too. Moreso, he felt a lot less tired, all of a sudden, and he didn't know what to do with all this bubbly and warm energy. Luke raised an eyebrow, and Sol just shrugged, innocently.

I've missed you, Luke.

A large part of him hoped they'd never fight again.

Viktor

"He does know I didn't come back just to get throw into the line of fire right? Or does the admin really think I'm 'done' working for Lady Riviera? Well, whatever, I've been slacking off on my work out anyway. So what's this about a 'mole'?"

"You seem to be under the mistaken impression that that reptile cares what you think...and as for the Admin?" He said with a derisive snort. "I doubt they even realized you'd left. As for this mole?" He added with a shrug. "I told you everything I know. Gato has, or had, someone inside Regalia and now they want out. 'We' are going to go get him, and I'm going to see if some of my people can be a distraction by wrecking their shit elsewhere." Viktor stretched a bit, then smirked at Sierra. "I gotta give my people the heads up, but if you're looking for a sparring partner, you want to go a few rounds...or do you just want somebody you can beat?"

Yvette

Her 'encounter' had left her in a sour mood, and she'd intended to notify Viktor as soon as she got back, but entering the common room she saw him talking to the demon-girl Sierra. She was still more than a little sore about essentially being kicked out of her own room, so instead she just walked past pair to her room and shut the door. I'll talk to him in a bit.

Sierra shrugged. "I suppose your right, oh well, it is what it is for now." she looked around the room a bit, there was this odd look of concern on her face, something was on her mind. "If you have things to do before the coming mission I'll leave you to it though, I'll go find 'dad' or failing that, get back into my old work out." she said, then left to go see about getting back into 'fighting shape'.

Juliet caught up to Sierra as she was leaving, and put on a friendly smile as she approached. She knew Sierra wouldn't like being led around so she decided to cut straight to the point.

"Hey Sierra, how're you?" she said "I've noticed you've gone through some changes recently, wondered if you wanted to talk about them?"

She looked mainly at the new wings and tail Sierra had acquired. I wonder how far along she is to being a full demon... or if she can hide those wings at all. If she doesn't have any ability to shapeshift she'll need a glamour of some sort. At any rate she suspected that for all Sierra's haughtiness she wasn't likely to be fully comfortable with her new appendages yet, non-shapeshifters often took months or even years to adjust to such developments particularly when they bore little similarity to their original set of limbs.

"I just figured we haven't talked as much as I'd have liked," Juliet finished.

"Hey Juliet, not much to say other then they feel weird still." Sierra said turning toward the Succubus. "Despite only having 2 wings now they feel a lot heavier then before, and my tail" She said, as said tail lazily swished from one side to the other. "It's got a lot more heft to it to, I haven't been able to work out much since I've been away but I can already tell it's going to screw with my balance. This coupled with the fact that I just don't know what all I can even do yet, probably means I'm not gonna be joining you guys on the next mission."

Sierra sounded a bit unsure for once with the way she talked about her new form, not uneasy or anything, more annoyed she doesn't know what it all does if anything. "Not that figure anyone would think I was anyway." she said as she rubbed her forearm around where one of the crystal like growths on her arm where hinting that she wasn't as 'adjusted' to her new form as much as she might be letting on.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 . . . 57 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here