We Are Our Avatars XI (Open)

Pages PREV 1 . . . 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 . . . 190 NEXT

Dala looked up the tree, not following Candace. "Hmm ... could be." she stated. "But you better don't fall, I have nothing to catch you."

"Hmm... not sure if I can help... sorry..."

"I'll be fine!" Candace called as she slowly crawled along the branch towards the shiny thing.

As she came closer, Candace would see that the sparkling thing was indeed something somewhat resembling a dragon, only much smaller.

It was just flying around, without a care in the world.

Candace rolled her eyes, almost insulted by what Dala had brought her too. As if something this small could be used to hunt. She reached out with her hand to grab the small creature.

The faerie dragon avoided Candace's grip with ease, and flew a bit away from her, making a high pitched sound.

Candace went out a bit further, reaching out again.

The dragon kept flying close, but not close enough.

Candace jumped forward a bit, trying to grab at the creature with both hands.

Dala gasped. "What are you doing?"

Candace was able to touch the faerie dragon, but not grab it enough to hold it.

Candace did manage to touch the small dragon, but had to give that up when she landed back on the branch, grabbing it with both hands to remain stable. "How else am I supposed to catch it without a net or a lure?" she called to Dala.

"I asked you if you were prepared, and you said you were! You could have thought of a net yourself, since you are the one hunting!" Dala called back.

"I thought we would be hunting large game!"

"You wanted to grab large game with your bare hands?
Also, I chose a magical beast that does not instantly kill you. So ... if you want something different, tell me, don't let me choose."

Candace, not having much to say to that and not wanting to admit that she was beaten by a small reptiles made another grab for the small dragon.

As Candace grabbed after the faerie dragon, she would be able to hold for one millisecond. Then, the dragon just phased out of existence, and she was grabbing empty air.

Candace started laughing manically me waving her hand to Dala in triumph for about ten seconds before she realised it was gone. After that the laugh petered out and she was left blushing with embarrassment.

Dala held herself back from laughing, actually being kinda ashamed of the embarrassment Candace brought on herself. Finally, she called back: "It's magical, remember?"

After about 30 seconds, the faerie dragon reappeared, out of range of Candace, but visible.

"Don't worry yourself." Dalahar said seemingly breaking some kind of internal trance. He turned to leave. "I appreciate that you listened to me but I should have never spoken at such length."

Tombstone HQ
Helena was leaving. Heading to the seperate research facility where CA was underway. The project was now tied to their government support. Tombstone itself was limited and couldn't officially reach a certain size. She could fiddle with numbers and blur reports but that would only do so much. CA was dangerous and the exact thing she despised about the interdimensional activity here. Too dangerous and too random. She would never get the control she needed while interdimensionals swanned around this planet. The US government however were big supporters of CA. To them it represented a means to gain power over other countries. All of the advancements that had allowed for Helenas Tombstone to be created had been data mined and reverse engineered from CA.

"Hey, sometimes you just need to get something off your chest. Nothing wrong with that."

Candace was about to make her way down when the dragon reappeared. She glared at it, continuing as far along the branch as she could go.

The dragon kept clearly out of range of Candace, but seemingly looked at her and made a glittering sound.

"Can you just stay there for a brief moment?" Candace asked the dragon, aware of how mad it was but willing to try. She made another grab for it with one hand, keeping the other on the branch to steady herself.

North Carolina

Not long after the reveal of Tombstone, people began researching it. The presence of augmentations was, to a limited extent, uncovered. This led to some people drawing a connection between Tombstone and the previous augmented military forces; Desperado and XCOM. Due to this, some people became concerned that this could lead to the same issues that caused XCOM to be disbanded.

That same day, a pastor from Fayetteville, who had been outspoken about interdimensional acceptance and critical of groups like XCOM, decided to use Tombstone as a stepping stone for his own political career.

The faerie dragon kept staying out of range, clearly. It looked at Candace, and made another sound.

"You could come back down, now." Dala said, worried.

"But I just need to-" Whatever Candace said was lost as her grip failed and she fell, landing on a pile of leaves with a soft thump.

Dala gasped, but breathed a sigh of relief as she saw that Candace was unharmed.

ohio
Lewis was in his residence. His schedule had become increasingly full as varying parties vied for interviews with him......and any Tombstone staff. Lewis had once been a staunch advocate of Earth First. Since his inception as a politician it had been one of his key motivations due to his paranoid and xenophobic nature. This was all gone now, replaced by a calm and calculated mind set that followed the mind set of Helena. The ability to step back from emotion, detach the human part of himself and gaze at events with a cold, heartless clarity. The claritty of the White Sphere. He had spoken with Helena about the White Sphere. Why he always thought about it. She had said it was normal for converts to think of the implanted information in their new brains. He did understand his role now, to liaise for Helena with government. To make sure Tombstone had the increase of money and man power it needed. Helena couldn't change the world with what she currently had. Lewis was now waiting to speak with Helena once she had checked on CA. The success of that project would be the success of Tombstone, the silver bullet it needed.

Candace got up, brushing leaves off herself, then stomped back to Dala wordlessly.

Dala examined Candace for a bit, also wordlessly. Then she said: "You have experience in hunting, huh?"

"Large game. Bears and wolves and stags. Nor... whatever that was." Candace glares at the small dragon hatefully.

Dalahar shrugs. "Some things are better left unsaid if needed"

"That's a magical beast for you.
I actually think it likes you."

"Eh... not too sure of that. But we can agree to disagree, right?"

"Then why is it running from me?" Candace pouted like a child.

"I think it values it's freedom, and does not want to get grabbed."

Candace thought for a moment, then held out her hand. "Here little... thing. Come here." Candace called out to it, as one might to a cat or a dog.

The faerie dragon actually came closer to the ground, and looked at Candace curiously.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 . . . 190 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked