Questions Thread

Pages PREV 1 2

failedpoet:

Majikbean:
I'd also like to recommend Bull City Burger and Brewery for food. They have the best burgers in the area (maybe the world!!!!)
All fresh ingredients made on site.

I am in FULL agreement with this. I went to the Expo last year and my housemate and I hit this place up 2 of the 3 days we were there. Excellent beers too (microbrewery FTW!). :)

Same here my friends and I ate there every day! There was also an AMAZING chicken and waffles place we had breakfast at Sunday morning! Can't remember the name though.

Majikbean:

failedpoet:

Majikbean:
I'd also like to recommend Bull City Burger and Brewery for food. They have the best burgers in the area (maybe the world!!!!)
All fresh ingredients made on site.

I am in FULL agreement with this. I went to the Expo last year and my housemate and I hit this place up 2 of the 3 days we were there. Excellent beers too (microbrewery FTW!). :)

Same here my friends and I ate there every day! There was also an AMAZING chicken and waffles place we had breakfast at Sunday morning! Can't remember the name though.

I thought it was just called "Chicken and Waffles". :-p

We kept hearing awesome stuff about it, but it was *PACKED* every time we tried to check it out. Maybe this year! :)

Okay, So I'm trying to sign up and it's very confuzzling. So when I purchase my passes I get registration vouchers that I can redeem at Will Call; is that it? Also how do I 'refer' someone? Also will the panels and events cost extra/ require a separate pass? I'm about to blow over $200 buying tickets for me and my whole party, and I don't want to have any unexpected troubles crop up.

James Rednok:
Okay, So I'm trying to sign up and it's very confuzzling.

Hi James,

I will try to address your questions to the best of my ability. To your first question:

James Rednok:
So when I purchase my passes I get registration vouchers that I can redeem at Will Call; is that it?

- When you purchase multiple passes, they will be held at Will Call under your name. You should also be issued Registration Codes for each pass beyond the first. You can use the Registration Codes to transfer those passes to the individuals in your party, so their pass will be under their name. However, there is no need to do that if you are fine with the passes all being under your name, and you should not need the Registration Codes to pick up the badges at Will Call.

To your second question:

James Rednok:
Also how do I 'refer' someone?

I'm afraid I do not know how to answer that. I'm not sure what "refer someone" means. Could you explain a little more please?

To your third question:

James Rednok:
Also will the panels and events cost extra/ require a separate pass?

Your badge will allow you entry into all panel and free play areas of the Expo. To the best of my knowledge, the only things that you may have to pay extra for are tournament entries (like Magic: the Gathering).

I hope these answers are helpful to you!

Rue Cler (ruecler-durham.com) is a great little french cafe within walking distance. A bit pricey, but insanely good food and service. I wouldn't be shocked if you got weird looks for going there dressed up.
The chicken n waffle place you're looking for is Dame's Chicken & Waffles (dameschickenwaffles.com) and yes, it's awesome.
I'm not a fan of Dos Perros, and neither are any of the Mexicans I worked with in downtown Durham. jussayin..

If anyone ventures into Raleigh over the weekend looking for dinner, you must check out J. Betski's (jbetskis.com) for amazing east euro cuisine and an impressive beer list. The prices are decent considering the quality, but expect to spend a little coin.

The_Q:
-Kersnippity-

Thanks, that does answer my two most burning questions. When I referred to ... well, referring, I was wondering about this small little place at the bottom of the registration purchase screen that said something along the lines of, "If a friend referred you, input their code here and they'll receive credit!" I was just curious as to what this meant, and how to go about the process. Does it impact the ticket prices somehow? Thanks again! =)

James Rednok:

The_Q:
-Kersnippity-

Thanks, that does answer my two most burning questions. When I referred to ... well, referring, I was wondering about this small little place at the bottom of the registration purchase screen that said something along the lines of, "If a friend referred you, input their code here and they'll receive credit!" I was just curious as to what this meant, and how to go about the process. Does it impact the ticket prices somehow? Thanks again! =)

Hmm. For that one, I'm not quite sure of the answer. All I can suggest is to email support@escapistexpo.com and they will get back to you with an answer asap. :-)

Sorry that I couldn't be of further help!

What is the schedule/timetable for the WCG tournaments?

Whats going on with these Polaris/Escapist crossovers? (TB and the Warp Zone being there)
Its awesome but very unexpected.
Now all we need is Johnathan Holmes to turn up and the experience will be complete.

juvemisfit:

The Super Street Fighter IV tournament starts at 12:00 on Saturday (http://us.wcg.com/?page=viewnews&id=7247) and it looks like they were still accepting registrants on Sep 29th (http://us.wcg.com/?page=viewnews&id=7251).

paulgruberman:

juvemisfit:

The Super Street Fighter IV tournament starts at 12:00 on Saturday (http://us.wcg.com/?page=viewnews&id=7247) and it looks like they were still accepting registrants on Sep 29th (http://us.wcg.com/?page=viewnews&id=7251).

When are the others? As interesting as any pro-level game is to watch, fighters just are not as fun to watch as League or SC2 (for me at least).

juvemisfit:

paulgruberman:

juvemisfit:

When are the others? As interesting as any pro-level game is to watch, fighters just are not as fun to watch as League or SC2 (for me at least).

That's the only specifics we have from WCG at the moment.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here