Unforgotten Realms: Episode 32: There's Nothing Wrong with Helping a Buddy Out!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Generator:
I hope he's not serious about getting rid of Roamin for good. He's one of my favorites. Oh, and I guess now people are going to start whining about what happened to Jacque.

Of course he isn't. If he was, he would've said it here instead of in the episode, he wouldn't have mentioned the shirts, and he wouldn't have made such a huge deal about it until a few episodes AFTER everyone started complaining. Isn't that what he did with the whole 'everything in this show is made up' joke?

JACQUE WAS WITH ROAMIN IN EPISODE 20 NOTHIN REALLY MORE AFTER THAT. O AND WHAT ABOUT MALESTROMO???

Simon Hadow:

Parallel Streaks:

SirSchmoopy:

petey hunter:
What They bring in Petey But remove Roamin, and what is up with making Eluamous gay I swear Rob is getting tired of this, which is kinda sad. But I Don't see how that's Petey, petet's dead He would need a powerfull healer to ressurect him, plus he didn't even use a poison attack. oh well I'm getting nitpicky so I'll just say this was a bit of a filler from someone who doesn't seem intereste.d

Lady's and Gentlemen.
Exhibit A.

Okay, a few little things: Yes, Petey is in but Roamin is gone, it's called plot progression, if Roamin didn't die there wouldn't of been much of a climax at the end of the series.

Petey being alive and well and Gaary referencing the Season 1 time travel argument kinda points towards this being in the past, and average rats don't have poison attacks, Petey had it because he was blighted or undead or something.

Nailo isn't gay, it's a joke, and a pretty obvious one because of the massive amount of "I'm not gay" radiating from Nailo. And if Rob was really tired of this he wouldn't put something like time travel into the series, time travel usually means a long complicated story-arc, something a person with no ambition and tired of the series wouldn't committ to without knowing they planned to see it through.

Think before you type in future, mkay?

I don't know, he abandoned Time Gnomes, he might put this down too.

i think he abandoned time gnomes BECAUSE of this

urgh76:
OMG WHAT HAPPENED TO JACQUE???

He disappeared between episode 20-21

hey where can i get a Roman T-SHIRT?

Opening still sucks but the rest was quite funny.

Loving the "two-fingers up" approach to whiney fans in this episode, sweet work Rob. Sure gay jokes are easy, but sometimes it's these jokes that get you laughing and they certainly did that for me. Really good episode, thanks Rob, nice to see the new angle of it (slagging off the whiners :P)

Wait, petey was a cracker this petey is grey...

I took the flashing "fan service" in a completely different way, which made me question the nature of UR's audience. Great episode, but poor Mike. He can't even get any respect from his own NPCs. The subconscious is certainly the craziest thing.

Also, to Mr. "Exhibit A," think before you post. Or at least have some idea about the series you complain about before complaining.

A great episode. Now Nailo gets to die too! I am still refusing to believe that Roamin is dead though and desperately want a T-shirt. This episode seemed like it was all about the jokes and with that it succeeded tremendously. Bringing Petey in was an excellent idea as well. Nice!

Obviously this is back in time, before Petey got old and her hair whitened.

petey hunter:
What They bring in Petey But remove Roamin, and what is up with making Eluamous gay I swear Rob is getting tired of this, which is kinda sad. But I Don't see how that's Petey, Petey's dead He would need a powerfull healer to ressurect him, plus he didn't even use a poison attack. oh well I'm getting nitpicky so I'll just say this was a bit of a filler from someone who doesn't seem intereste.d

I think its pretty obvious that they

Its shame that an entire third of the episode (yes, calculated it) is purely intro and outro credits. That's before you start to take into account the whole starting "When we last left our heroes" and ending "[In the next episode] will our heroes... [etc]?" stuff. The whole thing now seems just so short at less that 4 minutes of 'content' per episode. Meh, I dunno, its (normally) pretty good so I probably should stop complaining... right?

Not sure about the whole time-travel thing, mostly because that would make everything so confusing. If they traveled back in time, then Maelstrom0 wouldn't really be a problem anymore because if they went back to the future, it would now be in a completely different timeline where Maelstrom0 never came to be.

Roamin disappeared...
Petey was left in the whale...
Jacque was left in that city being attacked by ogres...

So wtf?

Wow I wasn't expecting them to post one this week. Oh well.

Also, assuming it is time-travel, how does Elizibeth, the great gladiater, end up as a random, low-level, undead rat walking nearby Codswell?

Finally! The return of Petey! Good episode Rob.

benbenthegamerman:
ok, here is what i think:

*knowing rob, roamin probably is alive. he uses condescending lies like that to keep people tuned in. i wasnt born yesterday, :P

*they are back in time. if you recall from episode 7, aka Chicken Salad Sandwich, roamin and gaary got into an arguement about time travel. gaary used a refference from terminator, where as the coversation was progressing, he kept losing his clothes...

-ben

I agree with the first point, but either it's a joke and he's coming back soon, or else it's a cue that it's gonna be a long time before we see him again, so we can forget about him for a while.

Agree with the second point too. There have been hints about them going to the past since episode 27.

I never heard of those limited edition t-shirts. Was it just a joke, or did I really miss an announcement about it?

Also, Douglas isn't Timmy. They just sound similar. Anywho, I won't post my thoughts on him because Rob likes to change his story if someone guesses it. Or maybe not, I dunno. :P

petey hunter:
What They bring in Petey But remove Roamin, and what is up with making Eluamous gay I swear Rob is getting tired of this, which is kinda sad. But I Don't see how that's Petey, Petey's dead He would need a powerfull healer to ressurect him, plus he didn't even use a poison attack. oh well I'm getting nitpicky so I'll just say this was a bit of a filler from someone who doesn't seem intereste.d

Didn't you hear Gary say "I owe Roamin 5 bucks"?
They went back in time.

Shit I knew I forgot to buy something last week.

I like this series, i really wanna know how he makes them.

What actually happened to Petey and Jacque? Did I miss an episode or something? They just disappeared...

Nailo is dead...lol

pantsoffdanceoff:
Wait, petey was a cracker this petey is grey...

looks brown to me in this episode

anyways think about this time gnomes time traveling in unforgotten realms and then think zero punctuation and unskipable it's just an idea.

benbenthegamerman:
ok, here is what i think:

*when the heroes first came across petey, he was an undead dire rat. im guessing that nailo wins the fight, but resurrects him or some crap like that.

*knowing rob, roamin probably is alive. he uses condescending lies like that to keep people tuned in. i wasnt born yesterday, :P

*they are back in time. if you recall from episode 7, aka Chicken Salad Sandwich, roamin and gaary got into an arguement about time travel. gaary used a refference from terminator, where as the coversation was progressing, he kept losing his clothes...

*the potion of everlasting life is gonna come back to bite rob in the ass. he is probably going to get into, like, some stupid star wars cliche battle for destiny of master versus apprentice. when rob tries to kill timmy, (i mean... Douglas,) he wont die, because he was given the gift of immortality. this also relates to the battle between maelstrom and the dragon warrior. maelstrom revealed that he hated immortality because he could "never become stronger, and must live a life of weakness."

First of all Chicken Salad Sandwich was 8 and that was when they discussed time travel, Garry was being an asshole in 9. Second Mr. Judge said use only a single drop of the potion of endless life to resurrect Schmoopy which I believe extended life by 50 years, I never really liked Ep. 13 so I don't feel like double checking, and that the whole thing would make someone an immortal. Schmoopy said one drop couldn't hurt But nice job thinking out the scenario with Elizabeth. I guess she was exiled to Codswell and slowly became weaker and weaker over time.

Were is Jaque!!!!!!!

Parallel Streaks:

Think before you type in future, mkay?

Take your own advice since you know... I make this show?

<--- thinks he wants a limited edition Roamin T-shirt

[quote="hopeneverdies" post="6.115965.2155492] First of all Chicken Salad Sandwich was 8 and that was when they discussed time travel, Garry was being an asshole in 9. Second Mr. Judge said use only a single drop of the potion of endless life to resurrect Schmoopy which I believe extended life by 50 years, I never really liked Ep. 13 so I don't feel like double checking, and that [b]the whole thing[/b] would make someone an immortal. Schmoopy said one drop couldn't hurt But nice job thinking out the scenario with Elizabeth. I guess she was exiled to Codswell and slowly became weaker and weaker over time.[/quote]

One: People should listen to me. I posted that towards the beggining of the thread. Eeryone knows you need to read every joke before posting(THIS IS A JOKE DO NOT BAN ME}

Two:I loved episode 13

Three: Shmoopie is a really reliable character. Yup, I trust his judgemeant

FAN SERVICE was my favorite joke from this episode... dont expect it any more though.... doubt this is gonna be a repeated one. also can someone please cry over Jacque? please? i want his handle to warp (it was wood right?)

Crais:
I took the flashing "fan service" in a completely different way, which made me question the nature of UR's audience. Great episode, but poor Mike. He can't even get any respect from his own NPCs. The subconscious is certainly the craziest thing.

Also, to Mr. "Exhibit A," think before you post. Or at least have some idea about the series you complain about before complaining.

Am I the only person who actually noticed who posted the Exhibit A post?

Athen:
Not sure about the whole time-travel thing, mostly because that would make everything so confusing. If they traveled back in time, then Maelstrom0 wouldn't really be a problem anymore because if they went back to the future, it would now be in a completely different timeline where Maelstrom0 never came to be.

One theory of time travel is that it was accounted for; that everything happens the same because they had already traveled back in time, setting off the events of the future, that the timeline is constant; the Novikov self-consistency principle. I've included an interesting reading on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novikov_self-consistency_principle

URJunkie:

Athen:

One theory of time travel is that it was accounted for; that everything happens the same because they had already traveled back in time, setting off the events of the future, that the timeline is constant; the Novikov self-consistency principle. I've included an interesting reading on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Novikov_self-consistency_principle

I prefer the idea of timeline splits, because chances are there was someone from the future who wanted to be a dick and ruined time forever. Time might just end because of a paradox creation. Unless there was never a time machine created.

But I'm assuming there is some kind of event that is set off to create "Maelstrom0".

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here