Escapist News Network: Nerd Flu

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Russ Pitts:

RAND00M:
If this would become a full series on The Escapist,i would be one happy gamer.

Prepare to get happy.

Escapist News Network:
ENN is news you can watch, every Wednesday, only at The Escapist.

Oh boy.Oh boy.Oh boy.Russ Pitts i love ya.

Shocking coincidence, but I'm actually horribly ill. Wait, coincidence?
I think not!
Keep back! Lest I cough on you!

Every Wednesday for ENN? This is worthy of a happy dance.

An amazing installment. I have to say that I nearly fountained Booster Juice out of my nostrils upon hearing "orange of the sad mice".

Kross:

Bretty:
Kinda funny.

Were you aiming to come off like ONN?

ONN is hilarious, but the newscast format has been around for a while. :) Also, the stories here are real, with a bit of embellishment on the details.

And the Jerkcity reference is a win. HONK!

really?
there's a danger of catching the are oh eff one virus?
*discerning stare*

Nice! I can't wait to see more of this. It'll make waiting for Zero Punctuation more tolerable :D

What was that? Neck beard "verlosity"? (I don't think I spelt that right)

I'm assuming it has something to do with the thickness of ones neck beard (I'm glad I keep mine shaved then :P).

Russ Pitts:

RAND00M:
If this would become a full series on The Escapist,i would be one happy gamer.

Prepare to get happy.

Escapist News Network:
ENN is news you can watch, every Wednesday, only at The Escapist.

There is only one proper reply to this:

Ahh after a long crap day, I come back and something new is on and it's flipping fantastic!

Flying Dagger:
really?
*discerning stare*

The story was about a Swine Flu outbreak at PAX, so yeah. ;)

Not bad, not bad at all. Good to see we finally have the anti-Fox News. Keep it up guys.

Dang it! I read one review for Halo 3: ODST and now I'm screwed! Somebody make an antidote for that flu quick!

I'm mighty tempted to call into college tomorrow and tell them I've contracted RoF1 from a passing Helghast.

I'm fairly certain they'd understand, and give me the time off.

Solid show guys, I loved it :D

Kross:

Flying Dagger:
really?
*discerning stare*

The story was about a Swine Flu outbreak at PAX, so yeah. ;)

are oh eff one virus?
*continues discerning stare*

Ok, this is an awesome addition to the Escapist and I hope it continues as a weekly segment. The guys with the Wii controllers during the Ninja Gaiden segment was great, and the shot of the guy in the Pokemon outfit during Nerd Flu almost made me choke on my soda.

Great Job Guys and I look forward to more!

This is like a typical loadingreadyrun sketch, but slightly less hit and miss...I still prefer phailhouse and Commodore hustle though...

Awesome, loved the jokes in this and the style of it all. Can't wait to see what you guys do next.

So is this a keeper?

Anyway, DAFT PUNK IN DJ HERO

I suddenly got interest in it :D

:D great! Although with this, unskippiable and loadingreadyrun to keep up with im afraid of one of those dropping in quality. Hopefully not!

Thank god! LLR FTW! A gamer news show that isn't shitty...fuckin' Attack of the Show...Oh and when I flew to Japan, they scanned everyone with a heat gun to see if the passengers had a fever.

I quiet enjoyed this.

DrunkWithPower:
Yes, someone actually made a game news show... awesome.

Anywho, So Daft Punk is playing at my house, my house?

you lie! you've got to set them up first

That was a good showing. Especially LoadingReadyRun crew.

Darn it why is this on Wednesday? Tuesday and Friday both require some quality programming now. C'mon Escapist hibernating like this is really effecting my body. Can't you help a guy out?

That was awesome.

I can't tell you what ODST stands for, but I am nerdy in other ways - I have an Escapist account.

haha love it

Finally, some news I actually want to watch. Great work.

Hey if I know what ODST stands for but don't care, am I still at risk?

ManiacRaccoon:

Only if you will play the game excessivley

ODST - Orbital Drop Shock Troopers, also known as Helljumpers.

... Crap, I am at risk from the nerd flu!

And of the news show itself, can certaintly use some use. It was more satire than comedy and quite frankly we get enough of the former on a regular basis. The funniest part was the DJ reference and the picture of the guy in a Pikachu outfit.

Cant wait to see some more!

wolfy098:

ManiacRaccoon:

Only if you will play the game excessivley

Oh good, I'm safe then, because my Xbox red ringed a few weeks ago and their online repair service is so broken I can't even get it out the door. At this rate Reach will come out before I get it fixed, and by then they'll probably have a cure for nerd flu.

But there will probably also be at least 1337 new strains by then, and I probably just contracted it from making that horrible joke, oh well it had to be done. And this way, we may avoid the other annoying number joke, which would probably infect everyone within 5 miles of the internet.

Cool thing, I hope it'll stay on the air.
Too bad there's a typo in the German ODST subtitle, though. :-(
Die Idee war aber echt lustig!

Wow, I had no idea what to expect but I just loved this. Very funny and well executed; I've worked in television news studios less organized than that (though it helps that you're not a live program). It seems like a geekier Daily Show (though Graham is only half as smexy as John Stewart).

Hats off, that was pretty damn good. If the quality doesn't drop, this is definately something to look forward to every week.

It was a bit slow going until it got to the nerd flu bit. after that was a grand old time.

*COUGH SPLUTTER* ORBITAL-DROP-SHOCK-TROOPER! *SPLUTTER BLARGH*

Now if you'll excuse me, i'll go organise my magic the gathering cards.

Oh, I know, it means "Orbital Drop Shock Troo"-CHOO!
F***...

I thought that this was really good. By the way was the guy who was playing with the six axis control Paul from Unskippable? This serie reminds me of the Onion News, which I also love.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here