Apocalypse Lane: Behind the Scenes

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Like others, I was a little heart-broken to not see an episode at first *does a flash back to Yahtzee in DC and shudders*. But then also like others I realized that this could end up being better than an episode. In some ways it was, I enjoyed seeing the people behind the voices and being able to see who does what. Would have been cool to see everyone in all their voices though. Even though Brian said he did Pumper's voice, I don't know why but I wanted to hear him do it. I guess I just wanted the "no shit, he doesn't look like the person I imagined" moments. Still, Me and my avatar enjoyed this as much as any episode, and look forward to next season.

Shane Hamstra:
Jon, are you complying with all child labor laws in your area? Also, is your new "animator" included in your concept meetings?

Child labor what now?

Punisher A.J.:
Who works on mouseass?
Also is it just me or does Mrs. Franklin creaper thing fell like something pulled from little big planet? (somewhere near the halloween mexican levels)

hey jon "i'm poor and sick and 'ungery" what do you guys do on days 6 and 7?

I do the voice of Mickey and Goofy on Mouseass. I usually hang out with the family or work on side jobs on my days off. Sometimes It takes me all 7 to complete an episode if there are a lot of elements involved or if it's a particularly long episode.

Good thing that you felt "screw the haters" and hey, it paid off well and you have plenty of viewers waiting for the next season now!

Heheh, that was precious.

I'm not sure what people are expecting here, I mean, 1st season's over, and in these cases, the series-maker is allowed to take a break, but you guys came in with a behind-the-scenes, and I don't think people should ask for more.

And like everyone else said; that kid was just adorable.

You two remind me of what my uncle might be like if he sat around with Larry the Cable Guy.

You two are funny, funny guys. I love how this show has developed into such a fantastic addition to The Escapist - also loving the fact that you filled this week's episode slot with a Behind the Scenes instead of just leaving it empty - that shows commitment, and I tip my hat to you good sir.

P.S. Cute kid!

Edit: 666th Post! A sign, perhaps?

Very neat.

I kind of expected to see more voice actors... Amazing work on some of the voices, heh.

I, too, can't wait for next season.

Haha if i was sat next to him while he did the Willy voice i wouldnt stop laughing! Nice to see a little background stuff and its good to see the creators enjoy themselves!

Also, i hate Aftereffects. Powerful software, but stresses me the fuck out

Yeah I said the same thing to the people who hated episode one, I found it funny and I loved the first episode. Found my self running outa breathe laughing (as I do in all of your episodes.)

also i liked how you kept us with something to look forward to during this Thursday. Win ,Win,
wanna hear it again, WIN!

You guys are really talented at voice acting, I wish i could voice characters like you do. Also, to be raising a child and living what looks like to be a comfortable life, do you have a second job? or does The Escapist really pay that well?

Jon Etheridge:

Punisher A.J.:
Who works on mouseass?
Also is it just me or does Mrs. Franklin creaper thing fell like something pulled from little big planet? (somewhere near the halloween mexican levels)

I do the voice of Mickey and Goofy on Mouseass. I usually hang out with the family or work on side jobs on my days off. Sometimes It takes me all 7 to complete an episode if there are a lot of elements involved or if it's a particularly long episode.

I really appreciate your work (I always dreamed to do what you do but I lack the inspiration and designing talent) plus I never thought I could gain instant happiness every Tuesday and you proved me wrong and I'm quite thankful for this
Now enough with the ass kissing and on with the real question!

What are your future plans regarding Mouseass? Any new videos soon? Maybe an other show on The Escapist? How much do you you get paid for AP? Is it worth it? ... PLEASE DON'T EVEN CONSIDER QUITTING!

Pleas excuse my fanboyism but I really can't help my condition(Don't worry it'll go away when the quality of your cartoons drops, should it ever...)

awww cute kid...

well, now we have the face behind the name...

AkJay:
You guys are really talented at voice acting, I wish i could voice characters like you do. Also, to be raising a child and living what looks like to be a comfortable life, do you have a second job? or does The Escapist really pay that well?

It's a decent living and I do some side animation and graphics work as well for TV and Films. I won't be retiring anytime soon but I thoroughly enjoy what I do. :)

Love it love it love it! just as good as a normal episode somehow.

yoyo13rom:

Jon Etheridge:

Punisher A.J.:
Who works on mouseass?

I really appreciate your work (I always dreamed to do what you do but I lack the inspiration and designing talent) plus I never thought I could gain instant happiness every Tuesday and you proved me wrong and I'm quite thankful for this
Now enough with the ass kissing and on with the real question!

What are your future plans regarding Mouseass? Any new videos soon? Maybe an other show on The Escapist? How much do you you get paid for AP? Is it worth it? ... PLEASE DON'T EVEN CONSIDER QUITTING!

Pleas excuse my fanboyism but I really can't help my condition(Don't worry it'll go away when the quality of your cartoons drops, should it ever...)

We will see Mickey and Goof again in Season 2 of AL. Prostitute Mickey 3 has been recorded and partially animated, and I will release it when i get time to wrap it up. I don't plan on quitting anytime soon. :)

Woah! Now i cannot wait untill the next episode! The first time i seen Apocalypse Lane in the pilot episode i had realy bad case of "Err, okaaay" thinking. But since than you guys aged like a good wine with every passing week! Good going guys, realy good going! Proud to be a watcher of such great series.

Watching this, especially where they mention the bad press they had to begin with, made me remember this comment:

Chris B Chikin:
I liked what there was, but I reckon it would be better with slightly longer episodes. This one could be summarised by "A guy died, so after deliberating they ate a bit of him but he tasted bad." Compare that to other series like Doomsday Arcade or Unforgotten Realms where they manage to squeeze a lot more into episodes which aren't that much longer.

Still, I liked it better than Unforgotten Realms and probably about as much as There Will be Brawl. This episode wasn't up to the standard of Doomsday Arcade, Zero Punctuation or Unskippable, but there's a lot of potential and this was pretty good for a first episode. I'll keep watching.

That was my post on Episode 1 when it first came out. So glad I did keep watching and it improved to the great show it is today. You guys are definitely up there with Doomsday Arcade, Zero Punctuation and Unskippable now. Good job; hope this keeps going for a long time to come.

What was that animation program they used to make apocalypse lane? anyway great behind the scenes ep, especially the bit at the end.

Oh... you use a mac...

I think it's really funny how he talks out of the side of his mouth as Cuddles. It's funny when you see actors who do voices make all those funny faces behind the scenes.

I used to only come on the escapist for ZP, but AL has won me over, i come on to watch this now, best thing on escapist right now :D keep up the good work dudes :D

Jon Etheridge:

Multi-Kill:
Five days to animate!? Damn. I thought it took a way a shorter length of time to do the animation.

It all breaks down to this.

Day 1: Recording and Audio Mixing

Day 2: Drawing any new elements for the episode.

Day 3: Lip Syncing all the characters.

Day 4: Animating all the characters.

Day5: Compositing, rendering, and completing the final edit.

Sometimes things take longer depending on the certain episode but that's the gist of it. So technically it only takes 2 days to "animate" but the entire production process does take a week.

God, I would actually love to do what you do, especially considering that you get paid for doing something you evidently love to do. This was actually quite interesting, especially considering I'm an amateur filmmaker myself, though since I can't draw I'd probably not venture into the field of animation. This week was filler, but it was good filler. And I liked it. Looking forward to Season 2, definitely :D.

Keep it going i loved it from ep2 i didnt know the comments where so harsh but its a fun series

Jon Etheridge:

Shane Hamstra:
Jon, are you complying with all child labor laws in your area? Also, is your new "animator" included in your concept meetings?

Child labor what now?

I don't think that we want to get Mr.Etheridge started on child laws of any kind. Is that the eleven-month-old you told us all gets her hand slapped?

Wow you look nothing like I imagined you would. Also thanks for this video, it's always neat to see behind the scenes.

just keep making them, if you don't I'll be really peed with you and fly to your house and beg you to make more OKAY! XD

haha love near the ending,
"yeh.....she has problems" and when the camera falls over, awesome stuff.

Looking forward to the 2

That was pretty cool. The ending was hilarious.

Fantastic work. These little extra from various series that Escapist has been tossing up have been pretty sweet. I'm glad the most people refrained from bitching that there was no episode.

great ep to set up season 2 :D.
and it seesm that baby is the future of Appsro.inc :).

For some reason I imagined a ginger cat doing all the work...

Do we get to find out why Cuddles only has one front paw?

Any reason why the baby looks like that JUNGLE BOOGIE BABY LMAO!!!

I come to escapist for this show and yahtzee... stick around for the others (like movie Bob), but this show is what I look forward to damn it.

Great stuff.

And your daughter is freakin' adorable. Big ol' grinning monkey ain't she.

wouldve loved seeing more of you guys doing the voice acting. always awesome fun to see where the voices come from.

keep up the good work!

I remember when Apocalypse lane first came out, I didn't really like it but I was amused by him asking the rooster and them saying Pete tasted like shit. I continued to watch weekly and saw it slowly getting better. It quickly evolved into a hilarious load of insane crap that I really look forward seeing each week.

I rarely read comments, so I'm going to go back and check on those comments right after this.

BTW, loving M's dad in the voice recording section, I don't know why but I just feel like I'd see someone looking and sounding exactly like him (Except a midget) coming in and cracking Gladys in the face with a wooden baseball bat.

Back on topic, love the series, it can only get better. I soon expect to be buying a AL shirt with a picture of cuddles on it telling me to fuck off!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here