Reliable Source: Being a Gamer-Gurrrl is hard.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

theownerer:
So are these real or is he just making them up?

Now wouldn't we all like to know THAT? ;)

There was an article I read in a gaming mag a long time ago that this reminds me of. It was a guy admitting that he'd been "sexing it up" for goods and services in Star Wars Galaxies using his Green Skinned Space Babe character.

That's interesting in itself, but the "letters to the editor" section of the next issue was... enlightening. All but one or two of the responses condemned the writer as a sick bastard, the worst kind of deviant, presumably so they could convince themselves that most the their online "girlfriends" weren't really dudes.

This was a short time before the widespread codification of the blanket "there are no girls on the internet" axiom, so I can't help but feel wiser for having read an "inside account" of the phenomenon.

And a pink Wii.

Haha. Great story

Good one.
And hey, I'd gladly accpet a pink Wii (for free, of course), I can just put shit all over so I don't have to bear the color.

GrinningManiac:
Who else here would buy a book about this guy's life?

Seriously, it's damned interesting stuff

i would. every article he writes is so intriguing:D

Who wouldn't want a pink Wii, it has so many uses. I mean you could use it as a chopping board, target practice for a variety of firearms/thrown objects, a huge coaster, a test item for a new electric saw, and then you could test how flame resistant it was and put in on eBay e.g. that RRoD 360 with the burns and gaping holes.

I was entertained by this. Especially since you paid 13 dollars odd, and got ''free'' stuff out of it. That's dedication.

Funny read, Marion!

Luckily, the two gaming sites I write for haven't asked me to get naked yet. You never know, though. It could be right around the corner... *gulp*

Comedy gold I'm sure "Something Awful" wish they had for their prank archive. At least you got the twat fired before he could harass a real woman.

Wow. Just wow.

But I don't think 13 dollars is enough to help make your ends meet.

Cryo84R:
Girls on the internet? Yeah, right. And I'm The Illusive Man.

I'm Commander Shepard, and this is my favorite article on The Escapist?

Sigh, I really am trying not to use the power of 'ZOMGBEWBS' to correct my current unemployed status but it's just too gawsh darn easy at times...Nice read. Puts a new spin on things.

Really though a pink Wii? Excuse my sudden return to 5th grade but Ewwww...

Give me black Wii with silver buttons... and floral detailing...in turquoise. Mmm..

The things we do for money eh?

Fine story there madam, I mean sir.

This boils down to you defrauding a website and getting really lucky. Kind of awesome, yes I'm jealous, but still, you got lucky.

Cryo84R:

I thought those glowing eyes were a bit unusual...

Centrophy:

Cryo84R:

I thought those glowing eyes were a bit unusual...

I don't know what you are talking about!

*puts on sunglasses*

Sweet you lie yourself into a job. Nice job man. Oh wait no its not. you should be fired, from this website as well. regardless of your talent the people where looking for X, you were not X.

i hope the guy you got fired sues you....even though his actions where also uncalled for, your actions where equally dishonest. You are no better than him.

i will not be reading another one of your articles..

They call that a lucrative settlement package? I wouldn't have been so easily appeased. Then again, I actually am a woman. I wonder if that guy was really fired? If so, this is the most awesome story I have heard in a long time. Thank you, Marion. Your fraudulent employment and fake outrage resulted in a victory for women gamers everywhere. Seriously, though, I'm going to start reading your articles regularly.

God, a bright pink Wii Fit board? How much more sexist could you get?

Sonofadiddly:

You could cover it with red heart shapes and pony stickers.

mrx19869:
Sweet you lie yourself into a job. Nice job man. Oh wait no its not. you should be fired, from this website as well. regardless of your talent the people where looking for X, you were not X.

i hope the guy you got fired sues you....even though his actions where also uncalled for, your actions where equally dishonest. You are no better than him.

i will not be reading another one of your articles..

...Really? Really?

...Really?

You're taking the joke articles seriously? Do you also think Seamus Plays LotRO is the real world exploits of the Hobbit named Lulzy? Even if the core of this story is true, I'm willing to put money on 90% of the details being made up.

Of course, if you're joking and I've been taken in by you, then nice one, you got me good and proper :)

Those crazy Aussies. I'm glad you could get in touch with your feminine side... I guess...

Jandau:
Thank you for confirming that there are in fact no girls on the Internet... :p

I don't think you have seen facebook lately.

Singletap:

Jandau:

And I don't think you've seen a joke lately...

I'm left wondering how they never figured out that you weren't a girl. I may be missing something, but seriously..

Jandau:

Singletap:

Jandau:

Most of the girls on the internet are on facebook. I was joking to.

Ahaha! The pink Wii comment really made me giggle hard.

Singletap:

Jandau:

Singletap:

Jandau:

Most of the girls on the internet are on facebook. I was joking to.

Fair enough, they are fairly contained to social networking sites.

Though as far as gaming online goes (MMOs or otherwise) it's quite safe to assume that every "girl" is a bald, overweight 40-year old guy (or an Escapist journalist) until proven otherwise... ;)

AvauntVanguard:
Wow. Just wow.

But I don't think 13 dollars is enough to help make your ends meet.

I think he was getting paid more than that to write the articles. he paid the guy from turkey 13$ to make that fake picture for him.

hahah solid! Nicely done, I love reading these articles.

JediMB:

Sonofadiddly:

You could cover it with red heart shapes and pony stickers.

They should have just sent him a pony. At least they're worth a fair amount of money.

I'm an 18 year old female gamer and I have a white Wii, though I'd actually love a pink one. Really. I try to make all my gaming equipment pink and pretty. That way, it hurts and humiliates guys more when I destroy them at LAN parties.

That was a great article and story

This was a good read, but it's also kinda disturbing. Not only did you successfully pretend to be a woman, but the employer didn't seem to hesitate one second before suggesting sexually harassing stuff.

I bet some people from that site will read this and be really pissed...

Dude, /I/ should impersonate a chick online so I can get free swag too! I'm sure nobody else has figured that one out...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here