Zero Punctuation: Dead to Rights: Retribution

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Another great vid. Second thing that made my day. ThANKS YATZHEE

ha ha ha a really good one and it's on my birthday yay me

nice review, pretty much what I would expect of this game.

PS: Do Red Dead Redemption!

Never realised the huge amount of words starting with "re-"...

Pretty sure you forgot one though...

Also, the Fable 2 thing litteraly made me smack my gob after I realized I had recognised it within a second. ReEally made me think about my hobbies...

Presumably the whole "RE" business is a set up for next week when he reviews Red Dead Redemption.

Unless he actually didn't remember that one, which would be worrying

lol amused as always,
Dead to rights: really really really really really really dumb

Dead Raen:
How Dead to Rights: Regrettable. I was actually hoping the game would be good.

Notice that he didn't actually say the game was bad.

Wait, is the whole dog seeing through walls thing like AvP and L4D where seeing through walls was a Dead to Rights: Representation of them supposedly 'hearing' the people/things/whatever?

Rebecca on Yahtzee? Am I the only one who sees something wrong with the wording of that sentence?

I was totally gonna order the book, but then I saw "Mog the Forgetful Cat" was on Amazon after searching it and bought that instead for nostalgia...

Yahtzee, If I dead-to-rights reread your previous XP articles, it seemed you wanted more of those monster/enemy spamming, pure mindless shooting games. What made this game crap exactly? I mean from your painkiller review, that too seemed juvenile (but still FUCKING awesome).

"Bang. Punch. Bang. Punch. Bang. Punch. Woof."
"And his gun only knows one very loud word!"
"You can press a button that teleports both he and Jack to a little pocket dimension where pain is God and Jack is pope."
"...if you're Buffalo FUCKING Bill!"

This was a great week for a ZP video and Yahtzee's quotable lines (especially for that last one, which I may be able to work into a conversation if someone says anything slightly Silence of the Lambs related). Also, those dog animations were hilarious, specifically that one where he can see through walls. I'm now going to be more aware of what my own dog does because of that.

A love song about Yahtzee? That's a rather scary thought.

Matthew Ryder:
I keep getting this game confused with Red Dead Redemption

Me too.

-

Therumancer:
I'm slightly confused by this one to some extent.

Actually, Yahtzee did criticize Just Cause 2 at several points, including saying that it "made wanton destruction boring" in some of its missions, and that it was fun but just too insubstantial for him. That said, he definitely liked it better than this.

Awesome. Your reviews lately have been funnier than most, but this takes the cake. Just plain hilarious.

SAMAS:

Dead Raen:

Generally speaking Yahtzee only reviews a game if he doesn't like it to some respect. I've never actually heard him give a favorable review, except in a backhanded sort of way.

vodka Sobieski :)
thx for this nice Polish accent ;)

about the game (nice rev. btw.) it seems that the games are getting dumber and dumber ...

greetings from Poland xD

That has got to be one of my favourite endings to a review yet, up there with: "...and the hammer was made of wank."

I've never actually heard him give a favorable review, except in a backhanded sort of way.

Yeah, except for the Saints Row 2 and about gajillion RoR:SoT and SH2 references, sure.

Im not trying to be funny or sarcastic, but this is something i am curious about.
do you think that he already had those "re" words in mind, or just got like three dictinaries and crammed in as many as he could?

ssgt splatter:
Really
Really
Really
Really
Really
Really
Really
Dumb
Made me laugh.XD

Same here. Such a silly joke to make me laugh so hard- I've watched it 3 times already and it's still funny.

NoblePhilistineFox:
Im not trying to be funny or sarcastic, but this is something i am curious about.
do you think that he already had those "re" words in mind, or just got like three dictinaries and crammed in as many as he could?

I suspect he had most of them in his head, but when he realized just how long he could make it run, he went and found one or two more. Just a off-the-top-of-my-head guess, though.

Commander Breetai:

SAMAS:

Dead Raen:

Generally speaking Yahtzee only reviews a game if he doesn't like it to some respect. I've never actually heard him give a favorable review, except in a backhanded sort of way.

No. Generally speaking, he complains about the games he reviews. People tend to whine when he does glowing ones, so he doesn't do them anymore.

And yes, he did complain about the cinematic kills taking a lot of time, and the general attitude of the game being childish. But at no point does he ever say the game itself is bad. Also note that at no point does he use the word "Shit(ty)" or any synonym thereof.

Everyone in here has Dead to Rights: Recycled this joke to death.

All it needs to show is Jack Slate walking calmly away from an explosion while putting on a pair of sunglasses

Like this?

I saw a review of this game on a T.V show, and boy, Yhatzee wasn't kidding about the dog mauling people for ages.

Another great review, I never realised how odd the video's look without the voice over.

Hooray a Dead To Rights: Review....wow this joke is gonna get old fast. Dead to Rights: Really fast!!

Also, I just realized that there are quite a lot of games with dogs in them...kinda weird, but okay.

Also, Rebecca Mayes making a song about Yahtzee is an epic win!

Did anyone else notice that the dogs face on the cover looks like the lead singer from Insane Clown Posse

omg i love your show, i laugh at the end of every episode and still remember it for the rest of the week.

p.s. how do you talk so fast without messing up the words you say?

DAMN YOU YAHTZEE you missed a pun

at 2:25 it should have been the people's DEAD TO RIGHTS republic of madbodia

"Pain is God and I am Pope" is actually a very good battle cry.

This is one of the good ones, loved it. Seemed more lengthier than usual too, which is a good thing.

This Dead to Rights: Review was the best one since the last time I posted this on one of Yahtzee's videos.

vid is broken

I have a friend who gets motion sickness playing regular games. Upon learning this I spent a couple hours trying to convince her to play Portal with no such luck.

What I have a bastard quota I need to fill.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Registered for a free account here