Stolen Pixels #201: Remakeville

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

DTWolfwood:

Rodyle2:

DTWolfwood:
wouldnt that be like totally win tho? FF fans get a game with 7 at the end and they can stay trapped on FB all at the same time.

That would only take care of obsessive FF7 fans. We'd still have FF6 neckbeards and FF8 Fans (also known as psychotics) running around, both of whom are much worse.

but y would these fans care about a FF7 remake to begin with? oO

...They wouldn't. That was my point.

I've never played the original, but it does sadden me. I did love Advent Children...
Also, it was kind of a dick move to make the tech demo and then not make the rest. Asking for trouble, that is...

Rodyle2:

DTWolfwood:
wouldnt that be like totally win tho? FF fans get a game with 7 at the end and they can stay trapped on FB all at the same time.

That would only take care of obsessive FF7 fans. We'd still have FF6 neckbeards and FF8 Fans (also known as psychotics) running around, both of whom are much worse.

Why generalise like that? I don't understand why people do this.

I'd personally just love a copy of the original to download and play on either the 360 or the PS3 so I wouldn't have to break out the old (Huge version) PS2 or PS1 in my basment. They wouldn't have to remake the entire thing just throw in a few trohpies or achivments and I'd be happy.

Potental Trophies/Achivments

Final Countdown: Escape the reactor in time

Visions of the past: Hear the tale of Cloud and Tifa

City of the Ancients: Lay a kind soul to rest...

How the Hell did you do that?: Kill both Emerald and Ruby Weapon

It wouldn't take that long and I'd buy the game again for a modern system in a heartbeat.

(P.S. I KNOW FF has alway been with Playstation and they'd NEVER release it for the 360 but I'm a 360 owner so my only hope is to dream for the impossible)

Furburt:
The only remake I'd really want to see would be Unreal with fully modern and beautiful graphics, to replicated the sense of wonder I felt leaving the ship on the first level of that.

Yeah but with Epic being the pricks they are these days an Unreal remake would be a console exclusive.

reg42:

Rodyle2:

DTWolfwood:

Why generalise like that? I don't understand why people do this.

Because this is the internet.

That said, if you like FF8, you have terrible taste, internet or no internet. 6 is just mediocre.

Nice pixel, I always love the guy in the first strip, always so vulgar and indifferent.

There will always being something from something else. RPG's learn from each other, and build off one another as every genre does. Artists are constantly inspired by other artists to draw things in a unique way. While I am unsure whether this is an article chiefly about a FF7 remake or how people will copy from Farmville. One thing I did glean from it, is of course, the irony of the "WoW Clone Flood". Many games were accused of ripping of WoW, only on the basis that the HUD looked somewhat similar. Even when the game play and the story were completely different. This has been a subject of contention for me, because it seemed like it was popular to call "WoW Clone" on any new MMO that had a slight similarity with WoW. Some of them may have been by design, but many others were not.

Another good comic Shamus!

I hate the idea of unnecessary remakes.

FF7 ville, raising materia and chocobos? They already did that, it's called Runefactory. Good game, though, everyone should look it up.

What gets me, people are aware there was a PC version of FFVII right? So why don't the oh-so-brilliant memebers of the modding community just upgrade that?

USSR:

Fuck it, I'm nuking you -.-

HEY THAT'S IIdealistCommis job. You bastard I'm calling "Hax!"

0p3rati0n:

USSR:

He reports to the USSR! Not the other way around.

Besides, he's gone rogue. He's operating covertly somewhere in Eastern Asia, gathering Intel for our own purpose.

I told him it was too dangerous, but he JUST DIDN'T LISTEN!

"It's ok, I'll gather retrieve their launch code. I'll be fine!", He said.

OH GAWD WHY?!
COMMI WHY!!!!

I wish they would stop begging for it, they obviously aren't doing it any time soon.

Furburt:
Well, that caused a giggle.

I do agree though, it's always a possibility in these crazy, crazy times.

As for FF7, I'm not begging for a remake, as I never played it, and I'm sort of annoyed by the whole remake thing in general.

The only remake I'd really want to see would be Unreal with fully modern and beautiful graphics, to replicated the sense of wonder I felt leaving the ship on the first level of that. It looked better back then than Crysis does now.

Nice avatar furburt, it seems oddly familier

*Cloud Strife went from "In a Relationship" to "Single"*

I like that Cid's the only party member who refused to become Cloud's neighbor. I always knew I liked the guy for a reason.

That would certainly be a re-make of the old game o.o!

Knowing SE they will likely also make it strictly linear and surgically remove the fun and Gold Saucer [though they will give Cait Sith a bigger role in the plot]

You know...I would probably play that. I've never owned a PlayStation system, so I've never had a chance to play FF7 start to finish. Only played through the beginning and random parts in between.

Assuming, of course, that FFVIIville would retain even the most meager scraps of a plot.

That's a fair point there. A portable would really help them in the financial side, and would at least please some of the whinier fans.

USSR:

0p3rati0n:

USSR:

He reports to the USSR! Not the other way around.

Besides, he's gone rogue. He's operating covertly somewhere in Eastern Asia, gathering Intel for our own purpose.

I told him it was too dangerous, but he JUST DIDN'T LISTEN!

"It's ok, I'll gather retrieve their launch code. I'll be fine!", He said.

OH GAWD WHY?!
COMMI WHY!!!!

I don't care who or what he reports to. That's his job. Now you must be eliminated! *pulls out pistol*

They should have never showed that Final Fantasy 7 trailer on the ps3.Now that they did i bet they are regreting it

Eh, I kind of like the idea of an FF7 remake, no matter the consequences.

"... larger userbase than World of Warcraft."

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Fat Man Spoon:
What's scary is that I can see that happening :\

That's why I started off laughing... and then the laughter sort of trailed off into a nervous chuckle, and then silence. Because there is a slim, but NON-ZERO, chance that this could actually come to pass.

And then I would have to sing the song that ends the Earth.

Sir Kemper:
*Cloud Strife went from "In a Relationship" to "Single"*

Well played, sir. Well played.

Dear god, I certainly hope not D:

0p3rati0n:

I don't care who or what he reports to. That's his job. Now you must be eliminated! *pulls out pistol*

*nukes you*

Don't mess with me, boy.

Shamus Young you need to stop trying to make excuses on behalf of squeenix. Seriously Squeenix is capable of such a remake, and in HD quality as well. They just wont ever admit it or come clean about it, in fact if square was so willing to let FFVII die then why would they milk the franchinse with a full legnth movie, what about all the other games such as before crises, crises core, and Dirge of cerberus? Not to mention their teaser of the FFVII tech demo. Squeenix is building hype toward a game they can devlop if they choose too, hell Square stopped two remake projects of chrono trigger and they were looking pretty impressive with dialogue and spell graphics. If a small group of people are capable of making this with close to no budget imagine what Squeenix can do with a very massive team and a super big budget.

its a shame that this project came into alpha testing only for square to slap them with a CND order. That reference was used with the Unreal 2.5 engine. Square is sitting on gold and they know it, and all the excuses about having no resources and being to much is a bunch of crap and the comunity knows it.

mxfox408:
Snip

umad?

Now I Don't Disagree with MOST Of your points but the problem is that they Think Of doing it in HD Which is whats making them shy away.

From What I Understand is that Most People (Or at least the vocal ones) Want A FFVII Remake with the graphics of Avatar. Avatar took 10 years to make. That's 3 hours. (not including what ended on the cutting room floor admittedly.

I'm Not Sure But i believe that the cut scenes in FFVII are at least that long, Most likely more, I Can't be bothered to look for a number so by what fans are demanding it will take at least ten years for the cut scenes alone.

Squarenix is never gonna make a remake as long as the fans are Bitching For Perfect Graphics because the can't afford to make the game that we are asking for.

if the fans ask for less graphical power then they currently are then maybe they might think they can do this

Shadowsole:

mxfox408:
Snip

umad?

Now I Don't Disagree with MOST Of your points but the problem is that they Think Of doing it in HD Which is whats making them shy away.

From What I Understand is that Most People (Or at least the vocal ones) Want A FFVII Remake with the graphics of Avatar. Avatar took 10 years to make. That's 3 hours. (not including what ended on the cutting room floor admittedly.

I'm Not Sure But i believe that the cut scenes in FFVII are at least that long, Most likely more, I Can't be bothered to look for a number so by what fans are demanding it will take at least ten years for the cut scenes alone.

Squarenix is never gonna make a remake as long as the fans are Bitching For Perfect Graphics because the can't afford to make the game that we are asking for.

if the fans ask for less graphical power then they currently are then maybe they might think they can do this

Avatar took 10 years because the Tech didnt exist at the time to make the things possible that James Cameran wanted to do and It sure as hell didnt take them 10 years to write a story, concept art, and brainstorm a battle system for FFXIII which is a game that was built from the bottom up, were as FFVII the story is already done, the dialogue, and the concepts and setting, and all the charectors, ofcourse it wont be easy but its not going to be as hard as writing another FF altogether which square is making FFXIV and as an MMO and im not sure if your familiar with MMO's but they are huge as hell so tell me if its not bigger than FFVII itself. hell they can do it on the unreal 3.5 engine and its will still look pretty sexy.

I'm scared and also laughing at the same time. Never ever remake FF!

i think i peed a little xD

The game will eventually be remade. It will be exactly the same, except the graphics will be better and maybe a few new parts will be added.

People will complain it's not as good as the original.

Vinticore:
"... larger userbase than World of Warcraft."

Say whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Oh yeah!!! Almost 8 times larger (83 million vs. 11 million) then WoW fanbase. Don't mess with Zynga, my free advice. They will unleash the zombie apocalypse on us.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 59787)