Escapist News Network: Global Warning

Pages PREV 1 2

Incidentally enough, "Global Warning" is an excellent song by Irish Thrash Metal band Gama Bomb.

...Good episode, by the way.

I voted to save C. Carmine. I'm assuming that if he lives then there will be available downloadable content to see him die like GOW2's Road to Ruin.

This was the first time I've watched eNN and... the last time, too. That was pretty bad. It looks like you were all handed the scripts about five minutes before filming, and I'm not even sure if that's called 'acting' or 'squirming.'

So overall I'd give you a 2/5 -- you tried, but overall it just felt like a crappy videogame-related episode of The Daily Show (which I hate and find incredibly not-funny).

Thank you for the real player mockery I had forgotten it existed and it deserved to be mocked lol.

lacktheknack:

THAT'S NOT CANADIAN PARLIAMENT!!!

[ahem]

Interesting segment guys, although I think I could have told you all that about the pressure problem.

Nope. It's the BC provincial legislature in Victoria, which is all we have.
Can't really fly to Ontario for a brief joke.

Caught the "Limbo" reference at the beginning. Seems like everyone in the Escapist liked it.
Hell, even Yahtzee liked it.

Question: what is "DRM"? I am not familiar with it.

Two hours of Metroid Other M... is that... Unskippable? ;)

Grahav:

DRM is an acronym for Digital Rights Managment, and it's software meant to stop gamers from illegally obtaining or altering copyrighted material. The whole UbiSoft debacle where their authentication servers went down and nobody could play their games for an entire weekend? That was DRM in action.

Grahav:

Digital Rights Managements software. It refers to digital locks or copy protection code built into software, movies, music, etc.

I use realplayer......

Anyway great vid guys. The look of disdain on Grahams face was priceless.

Ottowa? That's a nice place. I remember going to the museum of humanity (I think that's what it's called).

GrahamS:

lacktheknack:

THAT'S NOT CANADIAN PARLIAMENT!!!

[ahem]

Interesting segment guys, although I think I could have told you all that about the pressure problem.

Nope. It's the BC provincial legislature in Victoria, which is all we have.
Can't really fly to Ontario for a brief joke.

Oh man, if you did, that would have been amazing... oh well...

>.>

Use space jump, Matt!

SirCannonFodder:
Wait, don't low pressure systems cause rain, not high pressure?

Yes. This mistake made me sad. Unless perhaps it was intentional and somehow gaming weather works opposite to normal weather.

Still, a pretty lackluster episode, guys. I guess they can't all be winners.

My reaction to Realplayer was the same, honestly. I don't even think I've heard the name in the last five years.

Realplayer? BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!!!!! What loser would use that bloated and awful piece of programming.

Also.....FAHRENHEIT???? This is CANADA....use Celsius!!!!!!!!

Good video other than those two "mishaps".

Hmm...interesting. There are apparently people who use Real Player. Have they not heard of VLC?

yen falling from the sky?.... goddamn it Nintendo

Hey, I've used realplayer! There was like...something...and I clicked on it. No wait, maybe that was quicktime.

hmmm overly cynical about the voting for Carmine's faith...minus one point for the video at the beginning
but +1 for giving us gamers points for XBLA/PSN and lol to Paul

I'm another person who uses real player, just way too good to download a video from sites, youtube etc...

So. . . the lack of creative titles in todays market is due to global warming. Meh makes sense to me.

Very interesting... and slightly depressing. I'll have to get me some PSN credits, mhm. And seriously? Carmine? I'd completely forgotten about him. How about Dom, or someone we care about?

Also, LOL at Jeremy being called Jordan.

Sick burn to Realplayer after the lights dimmed. HATED that program growing up. You had to have it for certain things, like 1 movie in 30. Glad it is dead.

Long live VLC!

Grahav:

DRM is a topic near and dear to my heart.

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/18.199149-Poll-Dont-Play-Their-Games-Just-Break-Their-DRM

When an engineer takes a product apart to figure out how it works and whether its techniques can be reproduced, that's called back-engineering.

Every national government on this planet that has enough technological expertise to provide consistent electricity has to do back-engineering.

DRM tries to prevent back-engineering in order to defend the profits of some companies.

Of course, those companies are only safe to make their profits because government-controlled cops prevent the filthy peasants from rising up.

So DRM has the life expectancy of a chocolate tea-kettle. It is a historical anomaly. At the moment, the lawyers make noises about it, but 300 years ago, the lawyers were making noises about the legitimacy of the King of France. History marched onward.

GrahamS:
Global Warning

High pressure is causing problems in the development environment.

Watch Video

Kathleen, your purple fingernails make up for the hairflipless episode and prove that you are, indeed, a sexy nerd. Thank you.

D:

ENN is more than adequate!

<3

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook