ghii3:

Cassita:

ghii3:

Cassita:
Rebecca is so pretty.

Love everything she does.

because she is so pretty?
weird and stupid

another thing, am i the only person who cared or even noticed that this took roughly a month and most others on the escapist take a week?

Um, what?

I love everything she does because I like her voice and her creativity?

What a silly person, you are.

But you didn't say that; you just mentioned that she looks good and then said that you love everything she does, no other justification. Either way, at least I can use commas properly.
lol

Learn to read?

"Rebecca is so pretty."

PARAGRAPH

"Love everything she does."

But in a normal paragraph you got point and explanation whereas in your original post you had two arbitrary points one being a possible explanation for the other. It seems fairly easy to make that mistake if you just got two random points.

Please, oh please do not tell me how to form a paragraph. The last thing I need is English tips from you.

Just to prove my point:

*In a normal paragraph, you have a point and an explanation. Whereas in your original post, you had two arbitrary points - one being a possible explanation for the other. It seems fairly easy to make that mistake if you just have two random points.*

Please, learn the language before telling others how to use it.

Yay she's back.. :)

in my opinion at least.. this is what I like.

I liked it but I think it would have been better if you ended it with stepping out of the fable/world or as someone above said "Today is the day I wake up" meaning you are done with Fable 2 and perhaps looking forward to Fable 3.

My impression is that you liked the game and it drew you into it's world. I thought it was a great review without being an actual review. The joy you have for the game and the immersion you felt in it came through from your video and I think it's sad many people do not see how the song is relevant to Fable 2.

If I hadn't already played it I would want to after seeing your video. Great job.

Thank you for not using the filter for the whole song. My eyes are a bit sore still...

In any case, as always, a beautiful song with a nice bit of commentary slipped in that won't detract or distract when heard out of a critical context.

Cassita:

ghii3:

Cassita:

ghii3:

Cassita:

ghii3:

Cassita:
Rebecca is so pretty.

weird and stupid

another thing, am i the only person who cared or even noticed that this took roughly a month and most others on the escapist take a week?

Um, what?

But you didn't say that; you just mentioned that she looks good and then said that you love everything she does, no other justification. Either way, at least I can use commas properly.
lol

Learn to read?

"Rebecca is so pretty."

PARAGRAPH

But in a normal paragraph you got point and explanation whereas in your original post you had two arbitrary points one being a possible explanation for the other. It seems fairly easy to make that mistake if you just got two random points.

Please, oh please do not tell me how to form a paragraph. The last thing I need is English tips from you.

Just to prove my point:

*In a normal paragraph, you have a point and an explanation. Whereas in your original post, you had two arbitrary points - one being a possible explanation for the other. It seems fairly easy to make that mistake if you just have two random points.*

While the song may not be my favorite, the intellectual discourse it's started is awesome!

that put me in great mood, awesome song.

ps thought i was watching take on me in during the start.

v161:

Cassita:

ghii3:

Cassita:

ghii3:

Cassita:

ghii3:

Cassita:
Rebecca is so pretty.

weird and stupid

Um, what?

lol

Learn to read?

"Rebecca is so pretty."

PARAGRAPH

Just to prove my point:

While the song may not be my favorite, the intellectual discourse it's started is awesome!

Lol, i find it amusing that we're not even talking about the song

And returning to my post in this war, to be honest you seem to be proving my point and the fact that your dp is manga only supports my argument.
I think I'd probably know more about english with my teacher being a dictatorial monolith of derp. He is a clever dictatorial monolith of derp, however and he knows what he's derping about

ghii3:

I'm making a non-gaming album in between!

More details on blog http://www.gamepeople.co.uk/audioblog_rebeccamayes_26.htm

I don't get it. What was it about? What did it have to do with Fable?

Beatiful, ms Mayes.

The fire was kinda laugh worthy :)

*Closes eyes and a warm smile spreads across my face* Yes....yes this..this is the Rebecca Mayes talent that I love. Thank you...I needed that.

Edit: It's like a warm hug...a warm hug that can only be given by your stuffed tiger toy. <3

Just...so..heartwarming again. ^_^.

ghii3:

No, it was published here. http://www.escapistmagazine.com/news/view/102235-Rebecca-Mayes-Muses-Moves-to-Once-a-Month

I thought the song would have been more fable 2 like lyrics or have something to do a bit more with fable 2.

well timed setup imo :)
haha you flew to Albion (...I wish I could)

Song was boring and repetitive.

I got an idea, how about a song that sounds different to all the others she does?

I know it 'works' for Taylor Swift to have every song sound the same, but it doesn't mean she has to.

Just as Mayes slept through Fable, I slept through this song.

Unlike some of the above. I actually enjoyed it a lot.
A nice song to wake to in my opinion. :)
Keep Up the great work Rebecca!

ghii3:

Cassita:
snip

weird and stupid

To the month comment - it was announced a while back that Rebecca Mayes Muses would only be updated once a month instead of bi-weekly. I cant be bothered to find the article which announces this, so you'll either just have to take me at my word or wait for someone else to find it.

As to the song - she's always been a bit of hit and miss with me. This time was definitely more hit than miss, really enjoyed it, except for the ending with the constant repetition of today is the day. Other than that, great song.

maddawg IAJI:

And Unskippable does episodes on a bunch of games that came out years ago. Heck, it did one whole episode on Final Fantasy 3. Why does a game need to be recent to be ragged about?

Unskippable doesn't review games, they just make fun of bad openings. That is a difference here.

Well. I certainly feel nice now.

Thanks, Rebecca!

I liked it.

Wow...That was brilliant.

Really lovely calming voice and song.

I think this is my favourite one.

One of your best songs to me.

One point for the Muses.

This song was boss! I loved it - the cut down style, the sketchy visuals, flying across dimensions on cardboard wings. It really made me wanna play through Fable 2 again. I forgot how good of a time I had with that game.

Rebecca Mayes:

ghii3:

Haven't even bought the gaming album yet - slow down, it's not a race! :D

I feel all sleepy now..Zzzz

I almost always enjoy your songs, but the videos I usually struggle with. I can't ever decide if it's trying to tell a story, or just show some images from the game, but it never seems to quite mesh with the music. I think you should just show the game in one solid block with you singing, and try to tell a story with it that way, but that's just my two cents. (Kind of like you see a lot with MMORPG videos, but in this case with varying games played to original music, versus a rogue in PVP combat to Requiem for the Dream for a million time or something.)

Anyway, I definitely like the song, nice voice.

I really liked this one. Calm and relaxing with a nice and catchy tune that I just know will not be getting out of my head any time soon. Keep up the fantastic work Rebecca.

I do not get the connection to Fable but the song is absolutely lovely.

gallaetha_matt:
This song was boss! I loved it - the cut down style, the sketchy visuals, flying across dimensions on cardboard wings. It really made me wanna play through Fable 2 again. I forgot how good of a time I had with that game.

Rebecca Mayes:

ghii3:

Haven't even bought the gaming album yet - slow down, it's not a race! :D

alright, alright, i was just saying that it seems like she has an easier deal than others i wasnt trying to get people angry
fair dues though if she's actually working on serious stuff then fair enough

Bravo! My wife liked it as well- to the point she felt compelled to wander in the room and say "What is that you're listening to!?! It's really catchy, but in a subtle way...!"

Very nice. The best video and song in a long time. :)

Rebecca Mayes:

ghii3:

I normally don't like your music (sorry) but i really liked this one. Perhaps writing songs about games is not your things and instead you should only focus your songs on stuff closer to your heart because that were you seem to shine the most.

knight steel:

Rebecca Mayes:

ghii3:

I normally don't like your music (sorry) but i really liked this one. Perhaps writing songs about games is not your things and instead you should only focus your songs on stuff closer to your heart because that were you seem to shine the most.

But as far as I can tell escapist employees' payment isn't too bad and writing songs can be pretty fun. Either way she can still create them and become well known through this.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here