Zero Punctuation: Metroid Other M

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 19 NEXT

Lordofthesuplex:

Nomanslander:

Moviebob would like it because it's not an FPS and it's an exclusive Wii title, asking him what he thinks is like asking this guy what he would think:

If MovieBob is a Nintendo Fanboy, then what the FUCK is Yahtzee? And if you say creditable then that just proves you're a hypocrite, an elitist, a ZP fanboy who dreams of sucking Yahtzee's cock and above all a hack just like that bitter drunken Aussie piece of dogshit. As I've said in the discussion regarding IGN's little flame-war magnet "Killing Samus", MovieBob is ten times the gaming expert Yahtzee ever will become! And this review proves it!

This was nothing but Yahtzee regurgitating not only his biased anti-Nintendo smear campaign like always but the same stupid ass complaints about non-existent control problems, sexism, and character derailment that X-Play started up in the first place. So yeah, Yahtzee's pretty much lowered himself to the same level as the lowest form of video game journalism and I hope he fucking proud of himself for doing it. It just only cost him any chance at ever being labeled a human again.

Nah, he'll never suck as much as MovieBob. :-)

Now seriously, Yahtzee, anti Nintendo campaign? The man likes to piss off Nintendo fanboys, just like MovieBob likes to piss off FPS players. Both know which puttons to push to get a reaction.

Jark:
Any ideas as to what the "Special Episode" mentioned at the very end will be centered around?

Reach? Although it may be too early for that.

GloatingSwine:

epsilon246:

He was on a planet WHEN IT BLEW UP! He was deader than dead by this point, he was only still alive through federation cloning.

Which differs from all the other times he's been dead only in a trifling matter of degrees. In most Metroid games he explodes, in Prime 3 he is actually completely disintegrated, and he still comes back for Super Metroid.

When phazon is invloved nothing makes sense, and a planet blowing up is more than a few degrees! Have you played super metroid? The explosion was gigantic. Samus says in the begining Ridley was gone without trace and that she believed it was over. In the article in which a veteren suffers from ptsd watched the scene he said that barbeques cause him to have attacks now but he still has them every so often. Samus has ptsd; this is cannon she can fight it if she's ready, like that veteran, she can fight it and battle. But she wasn't ready to fight ridley and that is why she panict (why can't i spell that right now?).

As usual, thanks for the good laughs. I couldn't believe that they were even making yet another one of these games. If I might request in one of the upcoming reviews you pick a game that "has to potential to not suck." Or should I spend my time searching for Narnia?

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Metroid Other M

This week, Zero Punctuation reviews Metroid Other M.

Watch Video

I find this review to be, while funny, a bit meh.

TGP Episode 40 "Heavens to Metroid"
Much better.
Sorry Yahtzee but I'm betraying you on this one ;<

Yea I preemptively took Yahtzee's advice and just played Metroid Prime again instead. Except without the hooker banging my head with a car door part :/

epsilon246:
When phazon is invloved nothing makes sense, and a planet blowing up is more than a few degrees! Have you played super metroid? The explosion was gigantic. Samus says in the begining Ridley was gone without trace and that she believed it was over. In the article in which a veteren suffers from ptsd watched the scene he said that barbeques cause him to have attacks now but he still has them every so often. Samus has ptsd; this is cannon she can fight it if she's ready, like that veteran, she can fight it and battle. But she wasn't ready to fight ridley and that is why she panict (why can't i spell that right now?).

But why does she have PTSD now? Why did she show no trace of it the other times she fough Ridley? As someone else said it would make sense if Ridley got PTSD but Samus has killed Ridley so many times now it should be virtually routine for her. I mean how would people react if Batman suddenly started whimpering and crying when he see the Joker?

I thin the main reason people are angry is that Samus has always historically been used in debates to show that Videogames aren't misogynistic, but after Other M that arguement doesn't hold up.

Hybridwolf:

Riiiiight...

So you'd label yahtzee as non-human for following other peoples opinion? Well if everyone is singing the same tune, then sorry chief, but the music is not the issue. Samus has had a major character change, and people aren't content with the direction she was taken in, end off. For all your swearing, it won't change whats happened. Also, whilst I agree that yahtzee is more of the comedian, rather then the reviewer, the kind of anger and hate your showing is not going to help you make your point.

It won't get everyone to stop taking Yahtzee's opinion as fact and not try the game for themselves. I rented the game and thought it was good and think practically every complaint is either extremely exaggerated or non-existent. Basically it's the same opinion MovieBob has. It seems to me Yahtzee's entitled to his arrogant self-righteous opinions but MovieBob gets instantly labeled a fanboy for his. And you wonder why I just cussed everyone out in the first place?

I'm sick of every gamer in the world stooping to same "I refuse to let anything Nintendo attempts to rectify E3'08 satisfy me" mentality that Yahtzee apparently seems to share especially when he himself can't work something as simple as a fucking Wiimote.

Much better.

Glad to see I'm not alone and that someone agrees with me that MovieBob isn't a Nintendo fanboy.

Lordofthesuplex:

Nomanslander:

Moviebob would like it because it's not an FPS and it's an exclusive Wii title, asking him what he thinks is like asking this guy what he would think:

If MovieBob is a Nintendo Fanboy, then what the FUCK is Yahtzee? And if you say creditable then that just proves you're a hypocrite, an elitist, a ZP fanboy who dreams of sucking Yahtzee's cock and above all a hack just like that bitter drunken Aussie piece of dogshit. As I've said in the discussion regarding IGN's little flame-war magnet "Killing Samus", MovieBob is ten times the gaming expert Yahtzee ever will become! And this review proves it!

This was nothing but Yahtzee regurgitating not only his biased anti-Nintendo smear campaign like always but the same stupid ass complaints about non-existent control problems, sexism, and character derailment that X-Play started up in the first place. So yeah, Yahtzee's pretty much lowered himself to the same level as the lowest form of video game journalism and I hope he fucking proud of himself for doing it. It just only cost him any chance at ever being labeled a human again.

You people keep trying so hard instead of just taking what Nintendo feeds you and keeping quiet. "Bob's not a Nintendo fanboy, you stupid ZP fanboy! Yahtzee is a... um... a fanboy of something I would gather! Take that, you fanboy fanboy!" My God. Only people like you would go on such a tear just to defend Samus's raging Electra complex.

carlito2003:
Extra Zero Punctuation video will be him telling all his fans this will be his last review. For some reason, I have a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach that might be true... Though it wouldn't surprise me =/

Even if it is his last, no need to worry. Last I can recall, he was working with two other gamers from AustralianGamer to make a television series called "Game Damage". You can google their website if you're interested.

On Topic:

Yeah, I've heard from alot of people that this game was a piece of shit compared to the usual formula of Metroid games.(Which I happen to enjoy. M:P was a prime example of a Metroid game.) Luckily for me, I made sure it was so before considering to buy it.

Thanks for reaffirming my suspisions, Yahtzee. This is one game I can steer clear of. Maybe to get something actually good. Like Civilization V.

Man I wanted a Reach Review.

Lordofthesuplex:
Yes because you have to let some drunken son of a bitch tell you what to play. How about you go out and rent the game and try it for yourself before you decide Yahtzee's always right. All this is doing is reinforcing my point of why Yahtzee's fanbase can blow me.

Wow. Did I just insult your mother or something? Calm yourself, Iago.

Wow. Molten Rivers of Flame Galore!

I never would've thought it.

As always, Yahtzee's review was delightful, insightful, and positively spiteful... of course, that's what I'm looking for- entertainment- since I absolutely would not ever take his advice on whether or not a game is worth purchasing. He has way to many biases.

"Special episode" eh? Fingers crossed for "Mankind has yet to recognize my genius"

Lordofthesuplex:

It won't get everyone to stop taking Yahtzee's opinion as fact and not try the game for themselves. I rented the game and thought it was good and think practically every complaint is either extremely exaggerated or non-existent. Basically it's the same opinion MovieBob has. It seems to me Yahtzee's entitled to his arrogant self-righteous opinions but MovieBob gets instantly labeled a fanboy for his. And you wonder why I just cussed everyone out in the first place?

It's simple, Yahtzee is a much bette player at this review busisness than MovieBob. They both know that half your hits come from people who hate your videos, the difference here is that Yahtzee pics a different group every week, while MovieBob just goes for the FPS players, so while both get their fair share of haters, only MovieBob gets labeled as a fanboy.

I wasn't expecting this, but man am I happy Metroid got ripped for killing Samus as a character.

Zeithri:

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Metroid Other M

Watch Video

Much better.

*slurp slurp slurp*
You're all linking to the same review. This is getting disturbing. Did Bobby-boy tell his fanny-wannys to spread the gospel?

LadyMint:

Lordofthesuplex:
Yes because you have to let some drunken son of a bitch tell you what to play. How about you go out and rent the game and try it for yourself before you decide Yahtzee's always right. All this is doing is reinforcing my point of why Yahtzee's fanbase can blow me.

Wow. Did I just insult your mother or something? Calm yourself, Iago.

Ignore him. He's the typical Paragon of Independent Thinking (TM) who's angry that people agree with Yahtzee that, quite simply, "Bad game is bad". Just look at this kid throwing his impotent temper tantrum in every post. The stink of the Nintendo fanboy is all over every cliche in his post.

solidstatemind:

As always, Yahtzee's review was delightful, insightful, and positively spiteful... of course, that's what I'm looking for- entertainment- since I absolutely would not ever take his advice on whether or not a game is worth purchasing. He has way to many biases.

Y'know what? You're right. Yahtzee pretty much put this up at the worst time: right after I subjected myself to IGN's cheap attempt at gaining views yesterday. I'm just going to close this forum window out for a day or two and maybe come back after I've let this whole thing blow over.

Still I stand by my opinion: Yahtzee pretty much lowered himself to IGN and X-Play's levels what they call "entertainment" and I hope he's damn proud of himself for sinking that low.

Ignore him. He's the typical Paragon of Independent Thinking (TM) who's angry that people agree with Yahtzee that, quite simply, "Bad game is bad". Just look at this kid throwing his impotent temper tantrum in every post. The stink of the Nintendo fanboy is all over every cliche in his post.

I'm not a Nintendo fanboy. I'm just sick of people complaining about a console I like sucks for the most ignorant reasons. The fact that Yahtzee has yet to directly insult Microsoft and the 360 doesn't change that.

Well what a surprise, a game that sounded like a shit idea turned out to be a shit game.

Good ol' Nintendo.

Lordofthesuplex:

solidstatemind:

Y'know what? You're right. Yahtzee pretty much put this up at the worst time: right after I subjected myself to IGN's cheap attempt at gaining views yesterday. I'm just going to close this forum window out for a day or two and maybe come back after I've let this whole thing blow over.

Still I stand by my opinion: Yahtzee pretty much lowered himself to IGN and X-Play's levels what they call "entertainment" and I hope he's damn proud of himself for sinking that low.

Awww. You're just like Alchemist with your little "Boohoo, everyone's repeating the same flaws from this game and it makes me sad."
So I guess IGN and X-Play hated to too? Well that's one point in their favor, I guess...

mr_rubino:

Zeithri:

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Metroid Other M

Watch Video

Much better.

*slurp slurp slurp*
You're all linking to the same review. This is getting disturbing. Did Bobby-boy tell his fanny-wannys to spread the gospel?

How about you go troll some more then, hm?

I'm stunned at the number of people who think a Yahtzee's critique is a legitamate indicator of the games quality.

Zeithri:

mr_rubino:

Zeithri:

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Metroid Other M

Watch Video

Much better.

*slurp slurp slurp*

How about you scamper off the board and let the next 3 of you toddle in to post that link.

Darth Pope:
I'm stunned at the number of people who think a Yahtzee's critique is a legitamate indicator of the games quality.

Yaaaaaawn. You're the first person to ever post that. Again we seem to have issue with fans of games thinking that just because everyone shares a sentiment with Yahtzee, that we're just going along with whatever he says because we can't make a decision without being told what to think. Then again... that's how Nintendo hype works, isn't it? Guess I can't fault you guys.

Lordofthesuplex:

solidstatemind:

But anyway, why is so important what Yahtzee, MovieBob or anybody else thinks? If you liked the game, more power to you.

flaming_squirrel:
Well what a surprise, a game that sounded like a shit idea turned out to be a shit game.

Good ol' Nintendo.

Did you play it?

AngelicSven:

CriticalQuit:

AngelicSven:
Next up, Link will not be a silent protagonist any longer and he will be whiny and emo.
I really wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

No, I don't think they'll turn Link into Cloud.

Maybe if they made him like Zidane, but not Cloud.

Well, I think Cloud's emoness is a little blown out of proportion because he's one of the first emoey characters. Like I find Kratos and more recent JRPG characters extremely more emotional.
Personally, 'd love if he ended up happy-go-lucky like Zidane but the Zelda series has a lot of serious moments so I don't know. I'd much like him to stay quiet.

Gigaguy64:

AngelicSven:
Next up, Link will not be a silent protagonist any longer and he will be whiny and emo.
I really wouldn't be surprised if that happened.

Well he isnt Whiny and Emo....but he was given character...

Most like to pretend Zelda 2 never happened. :/

I suppose it is a bit out of proportion. But my favorite character from VII is still Red XIII, because he's so detached from that main storyline.

mr_rubino:

Zeithri:

mr_rubino:

Zeithri:

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Metroid Other M

Watch Video

Much better.

*slurp slurp slurp*

How about you scamper off the board and let the next 3 of you toddle in to post that link.

So you can continue to troll the board with your awesome **** size?
No.

How about you go and play your Counter Strike instead?

epsilon246:
Samus says in the begining Ridley was gone without trace and that she believed it was over.

Merely stating this is no use. This is the thing which makes no sense, Samus should know by now that Ridley is too dumb to stay dead. She has killed him four times, most people take the hint after one.

Never mind the fact that Samus is described in the Metroid manual as the greatest bounty hunter in the federation, feared by even Space Pirates. Literally, even before the first game Samus was the baddest motherfucker in all of space.

Edit: Also, on her not being ready to fight Ridley, his first appearance in Metroid Prime 3 catches her just about as unready as she can possibly be, he dives out of the shadows above her just as she unmorphs. And she just starts firing straight away, and carries on doing so as they both plummet down a miles long shaft. And now we're being asked to believe that Surprise Ridley is enough to send her into shock, and this isn't just a cheap mechanism to throw in a dramatic rescue of a character who should not in any way need it?

Good lord. It seems like the two opposing factions (the ZP fans and the MovieBob fans) are lining up for an epic showdown. The funny thing is, I'm pretty sure that Yahtzee and MovieBob have nothing against each other, yet their fans seem to despise each other to a laughable degree.

Frankly, I like watching ZP and Escape to the Movies, but I'm gonna have to agree with Yahtzee on this one. At least in terms of what they did to Samus's image. I can't comment on the gameplay, since I haven't played it.

dunnace:
Can't say I agree with the review (that scene where the character sacrifices themselves was awesome!) but also the traitor subplot is supposed to be figured out, not resolved. The traitor is logically deducible, and is more fun that way too.

Yeah, when you put all the pieces together it becomes obvious.

Plus, you find his body after Adam kills him.

mr_rubino:

Lordofthesuplex:

solidstatemind:

Awww. You're just like Alchemist with your little "Boohoo, everyone's repeating the same flaws from this game and it makes me sad."
So I guess IGN and X-Play hated to too? Well that's one point in their favor, I guess...

As I've said before, most of the complaints are either far exaggerated or non-existent. I've played Wii games with worse story than Other M ( ::coughTalesofSymphonia2cough:: ) and I had no problem with the controls. Samus is only overly dependent at one point in the game and there is no sexism out there.

Don't say I can't think for myself. I CAN and I HAVE! And I think Yahtzee's self-righteous based on MY opinion. Further proving my point with MovieBob: I'm entitled to my opinion and I get called out on it and labeled a fanboy. Yahtzee's entitled to his opinion, the majority act like nothing happened.

Zeithri:

mr_rubino:

Zeithri:

mr_rubino:

Zeithri:

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Metroid Other M

Watch Video

Much better.

*slurp slurp slurp*

So you can continue to troll the board with your awesome **** size?
No.

How about you go and play your Counter Strike instead?

I smack you with a cricket bat. You hit me with one of those foam pool-noodles. Yeah, nothing new here.
Leave the stage already. I can see another of Bob's party-faithful fidgeting in the wings waiting for his cue.

Zeithri:

Yahtzee Croshaw:
Metroid Other M

Watch Video

I find this review to be, while funny, a bit meh.;;TGP Episode 40 "Heavens to Metroid"
Much better.

I have to agree with you. I just watched that video you linked to and I think it makes much more sense. Yahtzee does have a couple of good points (the 'Baby's Cry' distress call thing mostly, which I agree can fuck right off) but he was way off on other points. Such as there being no point to the destruction of Sector Zero. It was explained that the metroids faced later were unmodified and created as a test. I found even those ones (even though their number was quite small) a very large threat. If those freeze-immune ones were allowed to live, Samus and everyone else would have been so very screwed.

It was dumb that she couldn't turn on her Varia suit when she reached the lava stage, but I'm blaming Adam for that one since he should have authorised it the moment he knew she'd be going in there. That's what a good CO would do. Most other things I would agree with because it's justifiable. I mean, he generally authorises things when you need them, so what's the problem?

Besides, she isn't completely submissive anyway; towards the end she starts activating her own stuff when she needs it. Not to mention her running across the Diffusion beam and the Seeker missiles and activating them right away.

I felt the voice-acting could have been much better, but I find Samus far more interesting as a character now. She still kicks massive ammounts of ass (especially if the fatality moves and

are anything to go by) but she seems more human now.

mr_rubino:
I smack you with a cricket bat. You hit me with one of those foam pool-noodles. Yeah, nothing new here.
Leave the stage already. I can see another of Bob's party-faithful fidgeting in the wings waiting for his cue.

And all I see is someone who enjoys trolling those who like the Wii.
Grow up please. This was the first movie I've seen of him that a friend linked so, yeah.

PS. I win

Pages PREV 1 . . . 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 . . . 19 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or