The Escapist Film Festival 2010: Jump the Shark

Pages PREV 1 2

maninahat:
Perhaps there is an interesting idea that can be salvaged out of this, and there is the potential for lots and lots of interesting, varied characters (in the form of the rival indie game members), but so far the show is seriously lacking in the funnys. It needed editing have down, and it could have found a better more funny way to introduce the premise (that they have to make an indie game). The SHOE was the funniest part, but that isn't honestly saying much (I didn't even crack a smile throughout).

Sorry guys, I wouldn't watch this unless I happened to want something to complain about.

Don't be sorry, you probably provided them with more help than the randoms quoting shoe. Also the whole 'It needs Development' thing, well that's what this competition is for. An opportunity to develop upon an initial pilot idea. After watching it again I must admit that some of the parts did feel a little flat.
For example the video with Max at the beginning, could have been a lot clearer. I personally know that he can deliver the dialogue well, it is just hard to make out on that section. It could have also been streamlined SO MUCH.
Likewise everyone is really hard to understand, why is everyone mumbling guys.
Also I agree with the quoted dude, it's quite unclear who the other dev's are and also what they are actualling doing.
Anyway critique over, (had an epic seminar today where we were critiquing the fuck outta everything, so i was still in the mood to do so)

Wolfenbarg:
You have an interesting chemistry and the jokes were solid, but there were a couple problems: 1) Too much downtime in the beginning with them watching that video and 2) It's not entirely clear what your premise is. Are they going to continue to try to develop a game and fail miserably?

Overall, I did enjoy this though. Keep up the good work.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. In response to your questions I updated my first thread post. Not necessarily well, but I hope it answered some of those lingering questions I know were just burning away at the back of you skull whilst you tried to go about your daily life. Think of it like a really bad synopsis of the idea written at a Late O'Clock GMT.

Still, hope it helps!

jwjh:
We had a 20 man game of "Shoe!" today, twas rather epic

I think you guys have found your natural calling in life... NATIONAL "SHOE!" CHAMPIONSHIP!
10 Teams. 1 Winner. All SHOE!-ing it out, for the Golden Boot!

Annexis:

Wolfenbarg:
You have an interesting chemistry and the jokes were solid, but there were a couple problems: 1) Too much downtime in the beginning with them watching that video and 2) It's not entirely clear what your premise is. Are they going to continue to try to develop a game and fail miserably?

Overall, I did enjoy this though. Keep up the good work.

Hey, thanks for the feedback. In response to your questions I updated my first thread post. Not necessarily well, but I hope it answered some of those lingering questions I know were just burning away at the back of you skull whilst you tried to go about your daily life. Think of it like a really bad synopsis of the idea written at a Late O'Clock GMT.

Still, hope it helps!

jwjh:
We had a 20 man game of "Shoe!" today, twas rather epic

I think you guys have found your natural calling in life... NATIONAL "SHOE!" CHAMPIONSHIP!
10 Teams. 1 Winner. All SHOE!-ing it out, for the Golden Boot!

face_palm.jpg I love you Harry

ShOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOe lol, me like, me like...Harry my man, u r soooooooooooo going to WiN dude cause if you dont, im going to eat my HAT lol =) GooD LucK =)

Annexis:

Also, I much like KFC.

Wait till you get Fried Chicken related food poisoning, that's so much fun.
It puts you off for a lifetime as an added bonus

Joshua Evans:
ShOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOe

Well at least if all of this falls through in a heartbreaking moment filled with sorrow, we can fall back on an International Shoe League. It'll be like Baseketball, only minus Trey Parker and Matt Stone.

great vid at least it made me laugh not like nintendbobo thats just wrong
]

I like it. I see a lot of promise in this series. It seems to be clever, which is good. SHOOOE would definitely make a great T-shirt. I think the plot should be ironed out a bit, but I think this is one of the better entries we have.

Good luck.

This is it guys, the nerves are killing me. Thanks all the guys that voted, as long as the winner is a worthy one I'm happy. The quality of the entries was fantastic this year.

Awesome video guys, Shoe reminds me of days in my childhood, in the park, trying to swing as high as I can and lob my shoe further than my mate could. Turns out he was better although I was the only one to return with both of my shoes... every cloud...

I digress, great work guys, really looking forward to see what you'll do next with this.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Your account does not have posting rights. If you feel this is in error, please contact an administrator. (ID# 64545)