Review: Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

somehow upgredable team is appealing to me XD

didn't think I'd wanna play AC again but...yea I do now that Brotherhood is out lol

Delock:

Anyways, I've been replaying the second game lately and remembering why I loved it so much (except for the DLC. There's a reason that got left out. A lot more polish should have been put on that). If this is an improvement on that, I'm definitely going to enjoy it. Hopefully it comes in the mail soon.

I'm not sure I can give any sort of reasonable criticism of the DLC because I bought it while I was heading down the homestretch for the main game (hoping to extend my enjoyment of the game a bit more) only to find out that I *had* to play them before finishing the rest of the game.

But it's more plot complication than actual plot. Leaving it off doesn't affect the game in the slightest... and adding it seems more like plot padding than anything else, but that might just be my annoyance with having my grand finale postponed due to DLC.

Mine's on pre-order and on it's way to my house as we speak, should be here friday morning and I can't wait. :)

Can we replay memories in this one like the first?.
That was one of the things i hated not being in the second, i went over and over the assassinations in AC1, trying to get the perfect kill.

Kilts aren't skirts:
That was one of the things i hated not being in the second, i went over and over the assassinations in AC1, trying to get the perfect kill.

You can! And there's a bonus if you do a mission exactly like Ezio did (Which usually means undetected and taking no damage). You can also get out of the animus and walk about as Desmond when you want to again as well. It sounds like they're taking the good bits from both games then adding a little extra.

hmm, maybe i can convince a family member to give me the game before Christmas, i did just get soem bad news from the doctor, maybe i can trade that for a new game :p

Wow, awesome o.o
Might get this for Xmas>:] hellyeeaah.

But just wondering, can someone tell me how many stars it was given? Colour-blind ftl:(

This has been on my list of Christmas games for ages and if it wasn't for the fact I'm a) Broke and b) re-starting World of Warcraft I'd be picking it up this weekend.

lumenadducere:
What about length? That's the only thing holding me back from picking this up - I'm really not looking for a short game. Is it about the same length as 2 was, or is it shorter?

I read that the story is relatively short, but there is a lot of extra, optional things to do that reward you. Probably like 6 extra hours there. There's also multiplayer, which sounds innovative and worth a try.

PC version delayed until next year, plus UbiDRM. Pass.

I don't mind the multitasking controls, they just train me to be careful when I am running to avoid the walls I don't want to climb. It is nice of Ubisoft to remember we only have two hands after all.
I am looking forward to the review on the Multiplayer, as I am sure I am not the only one. I still have yet to play AC2 but it is on my next buy list. Marvelous game.

BlueberryMUNCH:

But just wondering, can someone tell me how many stars it was given? Colour-blind ftl:(

Steve gave it a 5/5, I expected no less from the followup of the game that I can't help but think about every goddang second.

That's all right Steve, I like stabbing Italian guys too you are not alone.

I'd better get down to finishing AC2 sometime soon before I get my hands on this.

I think in order to enjoy the Assassins Creed games, you have to be a little creative. For instance, AssCree 1 was straight out boring in the end because of the repetitiveness of the gameplay. You had to make it harder for yourself instead of just running straight at him screaming "ASSASSIN" and shiv the target.

Also, pretty dissapointed in the Cop out they did about not coming up with a new storyline.

Haha, also loved the fact when you talked about the new Renovating feature, you put in some gameplay of an explosion.

"Renovating"

syltman:
Wasn't there a multiplayer thing for assassin's creed?

Much like many other reviews, it's possible that it will be split into two different reviews for both the multiplayer and the singleplayer rather than jumbling both into one.

Looking forward to it.

If you've a fondness for stabbing Italians, go to Italy. There are millions of them :P

Great review!! You've really made me excited about this!! :D

I played a bit of the multiplayer today, and it is awesome. I was doubtful if it would work, but the final product is amazing.

Wow I still haven't beaten Assassin's Creed 2....Plus Now I gotta save 60 more Dollar$.....

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!

Damn this awesome game

A review of an Ubisoft game without a single word about the deal-breaking copy protection? Come ON!

I want to play a single player game offline, or on the train or wherever I like. There are even many gamers in the world who pay their internet connection per minute. If Ubisoft does not let me do this, the game has less value and so I consider ACB extremely pricy.

Any news on when this is dropping for PC? also, will this have any DLC i won't have to pay for because the PC edition will have them built in?

ahhh..just got done with a 12some hour session and i got to agree...the game is FREAKING AMAZING!!!

combat feels so much more satisfying once you get use to the new MUCH-faster pace, get a big enough number of combo kills and you feel like a freaking god.

i actually feel the desire to DO every single one of the side missions now because they have a purpose in the overall "liberate the city" goal. and there are SOO MANY i still have no idea how much more there are.

at the current moment of playing the new version of the villa investment system seems to be tuned tighter so i won't be able to cover my house in florins at the moment. its pretty much like how the old system was from AC2 except there are 15+ of every shop (new ones as well) spread across the city and you have to find them in order to invest (after taking out enemy Borgia towers that is)

i have only played a single game of multi-player but i had an absolute BLAST in it. such a NEW and refreshing game-mode after being drowned in fps games for a while.

and according to the game, i only have 38% of Ezio's memories done and only about 25% of the city is "freed"

just in case, not a real story spoiler but....

and finally....crossbow is BEST weapon EVAR

From previous trailers I though it was all about multiplayer and was like "Meh." Thanks to this I'm going to give some more money to developer.

Excellent review! pre ordered, should be with me tomorrow (UK)

these arent really my type of games but i played the multiplayer beta and now i actually want it.

I knew that 114$ store credit at EB Games was going to be useful...

Danzaivar:

Kilts aren't skirts:

You can! And there's a bonus if you do a mission exactly like Ezio did (Which usually means undetected and taking no damage). You can also get out of the animus and walk about as Desmond when you want to again as well. It sounds like they're taking the good bits from both games then adding a little extra.

Cheers, this is great. means i won't be forced to start an entire new campaign because i felt i didn't do to well on one of the last assassinations

Well I think the control thing is only going to be a problem to newcomers. At the end of AC2 I could catch those guys you need to chase in less than 20 seconds and I think it's pretty easy to get used to the controlls, no matter how many things you do with one button

I assume the multiplayer component will get a separate review... there is still one, right?

In either case, I can definitely wait on another Assassin's Creed (even with multiplayer). The first was a neat tech demo and the second game added more character and a more intriguing narrative. My main problem with the series is that the story seems to be chugging along ever so slowly, and to the point where I have just lost my interest.

At the rate they're going, they're definitely milking the franchise for everything it is worth - though kudos for adding features, but the story is what makes the gameplay worth playing for me here.

I'm disappointed it's still Renaisance era. Don't get me wrong, I loved it in 2, but I thought that Ezio's job was done. We got what we needed from his memories... why aren't we on to someone new?

Heck, I thought the whole point of 2 was to train up Desmond. I was looking forward to stabbing people in the face in modern times. With weird magicy-sci-fi gadgets. And a hoody. I know there's extra features now, but is this more like an expansion to 2 rather than a sequel to the game? Is the progress of the story worth playing the game, or would I be better off reading about it, and waiting for Assassin's Creed 3?

So this really is the second half, right? Not, like, the second third? The story ends after this one?

I'm looking forward to going to another new era for the obv obv obv third assassin in the lineage.

Distorted Stu:
Does it expand on the AC2 ending? Or is it just a sort of "look at Ezio's life" game. I want to know more about Adam and Eve etc.

From what I have seen it seems to be a "retaking Rome" story, you won't get much more to the futury storyline but more to the local history, that and you create an army(Ok more of a warband in size but still), thats more than enough reason to buy it ^^.

Argh! I hate this stupid lack of money! I wish I could buy this game now, I've heard so much praise for it.

This is definitly going to be THE next game i buy, looks like a blast! (And i won't need to really worry about playing AC:2, I've already had its entire plot funneled into my head by my friend)

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here