Unskippable: Yakuza 3: Part 1

Pages PREV 1 2

aw man, the voiceover really makes it seem like the ultra-serious Yakuza dude is actually a dumb guy who doesn't understand what's going on :)

Eric the Orange:
All you guys ever do is JRPGs.

What this isn't an RPG? Well it's from Japan so it's all the same right?

That's because Japanese games are easier to make fun of.

Dindril:

Eric the Orange:
All you guys ever do is JRPGs.

What this isn't an RPG? Well it's from Japan so it's all the same right?

That's because Japanese games are easier to make fun of.

Twas sarcasm. I only said it because every time they do a JRPG some says it.

turn that smile upside down!

Hey Graham & Paul, you guys know that you can watch a synopsis of the first 2 games complete with cutscenes IN Yakuza 3, right? It goes on SOO long! Long enough for its own Unskippable miniseries.

So this game is like the Japanese Godfather, only except instead of the gang leader turning down a massive drug deal because it will disrupt his other interests, instead the gang leader turns down the massive deal because some other guy owns the land?.. wut?

So the second part is the carride back to HQ, the boss going back to the party, then going back into the water.

I can see the future! And it has pants.

Midnight Voyager:

demoap:

thepsychogamer:
The first third of the game taking care of the orphans, and they act as the driving force for the actions the main character takes in the rest of the game. so they are somewhat important.

Sure, because he isn't a bad yakuza, he only extort and kills people to help little monkey looking orphans, that of course, makes perfect sense (less)...

Dude, you don't get it. Kazuma is the NICEST MAN IN THE UNIVERSE. He will go out of his way to help any asshole that trips across his path. You actually have to actively try to get him to fight you. And people do it. Knowing he's terribly nice and badass. And that his combat moves are incredibly brutal. But once he's done, he'll send them on their way with no hard feelings. Heck, if you had a decent reason or big troubles and you told him after he kicked your ass, he'd pick you back up and help you.

...But don't mess with Kazuma. I think Dojima there's actually not wanting to evict Kazuma out of terror. "Look, you have no idea... You don't mess with this guy, seriously. Yes, he's nice and he's running a goddamn orphanage, but I once saw him break a guy's limbs! All of them! Because the guy was acting abusive to his girlfriend and tried to attack Kazuma when he said for him to stop!"

Man's a friggin saint, seriously. Until you attack him.

...His the "NICEST MAN IN THE UNIVERSE" because he only kills who mess whit him and litle kids?

Making more orphans is not a nice way to help, he is a blunt character, a concept of a 'good yakuza' with a tragic past for justify all his actions, 'he can kill people because his nice and, they attracted first', that is and schoolyard behavior not 40th men one...

"Wait, you said dollars?! I thought he meant yen. Call 'em back, call 'em back!" So damn hilarious.

subtitles are kind of hard to read with the massive Escapist water-mark

It took me awhile to stop laughing from the battle royale joke...thinking about it still makes me laugh

"I don't think numbers go higher than a 100 billion."

The largest number is about 45 billion, actually. Although mathematicians suspect that there may be even larger numbers.

demoap:

...His the "NICEST MAN IN THE UNIVERSE" because he only kills who mess whit him and litle kids?

Making more orphans is not a nice way to help, he is a blunt character, a concept of a 'good yakuza' with a tragic past for justify all his actions, 'he can kill people because his nice and, they attracted first', that is and schoolyard behavior not 40th men one...

He doesn't kill anyone that I can think of. They all survive. Every time. I've only been through the first Yakuza game, mind you, but... Nobody who died in that was actually killed by Kazuma.

So... Well, he can beat people down when they try to beat him down, sure, that's sufficient self defense.

(I am not defending the actual existing Yakuza. Just saying, the video game character is not your actual Real Life Yakuza.)

I had no problem with the car scene. It was the first one that left me going "O.o?" ...plus, that's not *nearly* enough tattooing. XD But I can't really talk, I've OC'd an honorary Yakuza member with less (and none, depending on the universe).

Firefox auto-spellcheck tells me "Yakuza" isn't a word. XD

Maybe you do an Unskippable of Yakuza 1 & 2.

Please.

White subtitles on a white sunny beach dont mix well.

Taksuya Fujiwara who voiced Rikiya in Yakuza 3 (the guy who turns up the orphanage delivering the "Nakahara's been shot" news) was in Battle Royale. Just thought that was kinda interesting, since you guys referenced it...

$20,000,000,000 is 1,650,599,975,586.

20,000,000,000 is $242,336,124.

1 is $0.01 & $1 is 82.51.

A watermelon in Japan costs $24.24.
Nail polish in Japan costs $22.90.
A bottle of Vitamin Water costs $29.09.
A 1.5L bottle of Cocacola costs $17.04.
An American VHS of A Series of Unfortunate Events costs $136.16.
A Japanese DVD of the same movie costs $30.89.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here