Top 5 with Lisa Foiles: Top 5 Most Ridiculous In-Game Vehicles

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

How come that so far all being discussed in this show was accesoires...

if next weeks topic is either "most kickass pets" or something having to do with I dunno houses or something like "coolest villian hideaways" I'm really gonna laugh cause it 's kind of most of the girl topics talked through... well apart from maybe hottest Sidekick and coolest Dancemove.

Even though this really doesn't have anything to do with the video. Am I the only one who thinks shes wearing way too much make up?

Birthe:
How come that so far all being discussed in this show was accesoires...

if next weeks topic is either "most kickass pets" or something having to do with I dunno houses or something like "coolest villian hideaways" I'm really gonna laugh cause it 's kind of most of the girl topics talked through... well apart from maybe hottest Sidekick and coolest Dancemove.

Yeah... What's next? Best use of hairspray?

Somehow I just knew that the Spieltieger would be on the list. Recently I've tried to figure out if I'd prefer that or Kanaeda's bike from Akira, and blood shot out my nose.

[/quote]

reddog247:
[quote= Yeah... What's next? Best use of hairspray?

That wouldn't be fair, cause most of the winners would probably be Final Fantasy Titles

w1ndscar:
Even though this really doesn't have anything to do with the video. Am I the only one who thinks shes wearing way too much make up?

You are not the only one :D

I'm glad she mentioned Grim Fandango, I nearly completely forgot about that game and its crazy characters!

dathwampeer:

Yahtzee's act would work if the woman's voice and attitude suited the tone of what they were saying. It probably wouldn't work now. Because we'd all be like 'who's dis bitch rippin off Yahtzee?'.

There is nothing this series provides when you take away the gimmick. The gimmick being it's a woman talking about gaming related stuff. And that's not even that original any-more.

And you're being a condescending prick. I'm 21 and before I went to Uni I was in a freakin art college with a textiles/fashion class right next to us. I was practically surrounded by insanely attractive women every day. I don't regard women as some separate species that require studying from a far. I don't even fall into the geek or nerd cliques. The only reason I'm treating this shambles of a show with disdain is because it's entire act is reliant on the fact that this woman is kinda hot. You take that away and there is nothing.

There's no deeper connotation to this. It's just that I'm able to see through something so transparent. And It's annoying.

I'm just going to call you out as a troll or exceptionally stubborn, your choice. Your memory seems to span 2 posts ("nothing of value", yet I said I enjoyed it for it's nostalgic purposes so instantly your arguments is redundant), you're getting really aggressive for no reason (how am I being a prick? Seriously? I didn't say you can't handle women so no reason to take this all personally) and are just being exceptionally stubborn. I like this show because of nostalgic purposes. Whether if it was just a usual The Escapist presentation or with Foiles, I would still watch it. So I think you need to calm down with the keyboard preaching and telling us how we all should all have your opinion & accept that some of us like it, and it's nothing to do with ogling.

I am pretty sure the only thing that separates a motorcycle from a scooter is engine size/horsepower. I am pretty sure that thing would be a motorcycle.

Flying Dagger:

There is a difference between just insulting a video (like he was) and giving constructive criticism.

AssassinJoe:
Does anyone know wher I can get that bike she likes?

internet

Mazty:

dathwampeer:

Yahtzee's act would work if the woman's voice and attitude suited the tone of what they were saying. It probably wouldn't work now. Because we'd all be like 'who's dis bitch rippin off Yahtzee?'.

There is nothing this series provides when you take away the gimmick. The gimmick being it's a woman talking about gaming related stuff. And that's not even that original any-more.

And you're being a condescending prick. I'm 21 and before I went to Uni I was in a freakin art college with a textiles/fashion class right next to us. I was practically surrounded by insanely attractive women every day. I don't regard women as some separate species that require studying from a far. I don't even fall into the geek or nerd cliques. The only reason I'm treating this shambles of a show with disdain is because it's entire act is reliant on the fact that this woman is kinda hot. You take that away and there is nothing.

There's no deeper connotation to this. It's just that I'm able to see through something so transparent. And It's annoying.

I'm just going to call you out as a troll or exceptionally stubborn, your choice. Your memory seems to span 2 posts ("nothing of value", yet I said I enjoyed it for it's nostalgic purposes so instantly your arguments is redundant), you're getting really aggressive for no reason (how am I being a prick? Seriously? I didn't say you can't handle women so no reason to take this all personally) and are just being exceptionally stubborn. I like this show because of nostalgic purposes. Whether if it was just a usual The Escapist presentation or with Foiles, I would still watch it. So I think you need to calm down with the keyboard preaching and telling us how we all should all have your opinion & accept that some of us like it, and it's nothing to do with ogling.

Your opinion is that it's.... fun. Or whatever. Mine is that it's complete bullshit. I don't care if you find it nostalgic just like you don't care that I find it insufferable. I'm just telling you that you can't explain this difference of opinion away by claiming none of us have any contact with women.

And it was pretty clear what you were insinuating when you said-

Basically I just think too many people here aren't used to speaking to women to be honest and therefore are thrown back by this and can't see it without going "omgosh gurl".

Who the fuck wouldn't get pissed off with you saying that to them?

No matter what you tell me. Nothing is going to convince me that this show has any value beyond 'homaigawd, tits.'

Birthe:

reddog247:
Yeah... What's next? Best use of hairspray?

That wouldn't be fair, cause most of the winners would probably be Final Fantasy Titles

IDK Solid Snakes gotta keep his mullet up somehow

zelda2fanboy:
Why is it that the second nerds see a pretty girl talking about video games, they freak out and do everything they can to discredit her based off of her words or appearance? I know I have lady issues myself, but what's all of your guy's (or gal's) problem? See for example, Jessica Chobot, Morgan Webb, Olivia Munn, Rinry Game Game, or that chick from Hey Ash Whatcha Playing.

Don't be afraid. Those women are just in your computer. They can't really hurt you.

That's what most of these users are really scared of. They fear for her harming them or being better than them. It isn't her over-the-top delivery of her hit and (mostly) miss humour. Nope. It's the anger thing.

dathwampeer:

Mazty:

dathwampeer:

I've got nothing against women reviewing games or being involved in the culture for that matter. In-fact I quite like it.

I didn't like Mayes Muses or whatever she was called. But I didn't complain. Because the fact that she was a women wasn't the crux of her videos. (She just sang purposefully terrible songs about games.) Or Susan Arendt's Video review supplements. I don't have anything against those. And by your logic I should.

What does annoy me about this series is that it all hangs on her being an attractive nerd girl. Would anybody honestly watch this if it was just some dude. Who wasn't attractive?

It's just sexual pandering to the horny school boy demographic.

If nothing else it's degrading.

If it was a dude it wouldn't work, just as much as ZP wouldn't work if it was a chick doing it instead. It comes down to "can you like quirkiness?". As Yahtzee is sarcastic, Foiles is quirky. Yes her looks is probably pandering to your younger guys, but that's not the entire content. Basically I just think too many people here aren't used to speaking to women to be honest and therefore are thrown back by this and can't see it without going "omgosh gurl".

So your point is that we've hit some kind of chick quota for gaming, and now we shouldn't have any more women talking about games? Oh my. That's certainly... something that shows you don't have inherent problems with women.

mr_rubino:

dathwampeer:

Mazty:

If it was a dude it wouldn't work, just as much as ZP wouldn't work if it was a chick doing it instead. It comes down to "can you like quirkiness?". As Yahtzee is sarcastic, Foiles is quirky. Yes her looks is probably pandering to your younger guys, but that's not the entire content. Basically I just think too many people here aren't used to speaking to women to be honest and therefore are thrown back by this and can't see it without going "omgosh gurl".

So your point is that we've hit some kind of chick quota for gaming, and now we shouldn't have any more women talking about games? Oh my. That's certainly... something that shows you don't have inherent problems with women.

If that's what you understood from the post. Then you have some inherent problems with reading.

I'm saying we shouldn't have a video series that's sole merit is a woman talking about games.

It's no longer a gimmick. If this had any value beyond 'ho shit... women' Then I'd have no problem with it. As it stands, her gender is the crux of the show.

Kinda lame.

dathwampeer:
snip

So to sum it up you are either trolling or stubborn because you have utterly ignored the fact that I said I enjoy it for nostalgic reasons, writing it off as "fun...or whatever". If you had even bothered to consider the content (Grim Fandango, Morrowind etc) it's a completely legitimate reason but hey, you don't want to see any view other than "ITZ PANDERINZ!!" for...whatever reason...
Troll somewhere else dude, your non-constructive attitude is of no value here.

mr_rubino:

Nicely said & very true.

Mazty:

dathwampeer:
snip

So to sum it up you are either trolling or stubborn because you have utterly ignored the fact that I said I enjoy it for nostalgic reasons, writing it off as "fun...or whatever". If you had even bothered to consider the content (Grim Fandango, Morrowind etc) it's a completely legitimate reason but hey, you don't want to see any view other than "ITZ PANDERINZ!!" for...whatever reason...
Troll somewhere else dude, your non-constructive attitude is of no value here.

And to sum up for you... You can't read.

I said I don't care whether you find it nostalgic just like you don't care that I find it insufferable.

Difference of opinion mate... look it up. People who disagree with you aren't automatically trolls.

... this replaced Rebecca Muses? ... wow

Vanguard_Ex:

That's what most of these users are really scared of. They fear for her harming them or being better than them. It isn't her over-the-top delivery of her hit and (mostly) miss humour. Nope. It's the anger thing.

I know you're being sarcastic, but yes, that's basically what I'm saying. I just don't like it when people bitch about something I like and demand its cancellation. It's cute, it's clever, deal with it. It also appears I've spawned a massive thread filled with lively debate I'll never ever read (evil laugh).

It makes me a massive nerd for thinking this, but whenever I see the title of the show, I immediately imagine it's about a girl named Lisa multiplying binomials.

Why does the image for this on the front-page feature Ben (and his bike) from Full Throttle, when there's no mention of his or his ride at all in the video?

Interesting. I can't seem to think of any ridiculous vehicles at the moment which is rather sad because they are a staple of videogames. Fun list. I remember the Twisted Metal games. :)

dathwampeer:

I said I don't care whether you find it nostalgic just like you don't care that I find it insufferable.

Difference of opinion mate... look it up. People who disagree with you aren't automatically trolls.

I can read perfectly well and can tell you that your point is utterly flawed. You think this series is just pandering. As I enjoy it for nostalgic reasons, by simply and undeniable logic, you are instantly wrong. I'm not saying that there isn't an element of pandering that will appeal to a younger audience, but as I enjoy it for a reason which is not ogling, you cannot argue it is all about a pretty presenter. Again, this is extremely basic logic; if you carry on saying otherwise, you are merely trolling, and I'll just put you on ignore.

I'll never be able to see the appeal of top x lists, they're so subjective. And this wimin is getting paid for this? nutty.

Mazty:

dathwampeer:

I can read perfectly well and can tell you that your point is utterly flawed. You think this series is just pandering. As I enjoy it for nostalgic reasons, by simply and undeniable logic, you are instantly wrong. I'm not saying that there isn't an element of pandering that will appeal to a younger audience, but as I enjoy it for a reason which is not ogling, you cannot argue it is all about a pretty presenter. Again, this is extremely basic logic; if you carry on saying otherwise, you are merely trolling, and I'll just put you on ignore.

I still don't understand why you find it nostalgic. All she's doing is going over her favourite 5 accessories in games. If you want nostalgia go on youtube and watch grim fandango videos.

You already admitted that this wouldn't work without a female presenter. That is my point. There is no worthwhile content. It's just a woman chatting shit. You've already admitted that. Yet continue to argue a dead point.

There is nothing to this barring the fact that she's a chick. Whooptifrikindo. You seem overly compelled to defend why you enjoy this.

And to be honest. I don't care any-more.

My initial post still stands. I won't be watching any-more of these pointless videos.

I'm gonna join those with a "difference of opinion" and say that I really don't like this concept. Lisa Foiles is very cute, and her delivery is perky, but beyond that I see little appeal in this. I don't feel motivated by anything other than her outfits to watch, and I don't honestly really care what the top five vehicles or shoes or whatever were for her - no offense, but I have my own preferences. And I do feel the pandering, while not unanticipated or unforgivable, is far too high for the kind of content I'd expect from The Escapist.

So, I gave the first three a chance - I don't think I will continue watching, and I do feel that someone at the Escapist who reads these to get feedback has a right to know why (if anyone does). Everyone else, it's my opinion, watch it if you like.

zelda2fanboy:

Vanguard_Ex:

I know you're being sarcastic, but yes, that's basically what I'm saying. I just don't like it when people bitch about something I like and demand its cancellation. It's cute, it's clever, deal with it. It also appears I've spawned a massive thread filled with lively debate I'll never ever read (evil laugh).

It makes me a massive nerd for thinking this, but whenever I see the title of the show, I immediately imagine it's about a girl named Lisa multiplying binomials.

Well...no? You're essentially demanding that people share your opinion, about humour no less, one of the most varying subjects when it comes to opinion, and then accusing people of just being scared when they disagree.
I'm not supporting the ones who say to cancel this show, hell you're a testament to the fact that it shouldn't be. I can see you're just having a laugh so I won't start getting any more ranty. Sorry to be a pain man, just giving my two cents.

dathwampeer:

I still don't understand why you find it nostalgic. All she's doing is going over her favourite 5 accessories in games. If you want nostalgia go on youtube and watch grim fandango videos.

You already admitted that this wouldn't work without a female presenter. That is my point. There is no worthwhile content. It's just a woman chatting shit. You've already admitted that. Yet continue to argue a dead point.

There is nothing to this barring the fact that she's a chick. Whooptifrikindo. You seem overly compelled to defend why you enjoy this.

My initial post still stands. I won't be watching any-more of these pointless videos.

Looking up games that have slipped my memory is somewhat difficult...And no, I never said this video wouldn't work without a female presenter. I said her quirkiness is part of the video, as sarcasm and cynicism are part of Yahztee's...Chatting sh*t =/= enjoyable nostalgia. Nice way to try to make a strawman and then tear it down. I'm defending it because people like you are just jerks yelling "omgosh this is just pandering to neeeerds!!" which is simply false as I enjoy it for reasons which do not involve ogling, as I've previously stated. You really need to brush up on your comprehension skills if you can't see the glaringly obvious fundamental error in your argument. Anyway, I'm going to add you to ignore as your posts are just you trying to ram down everyone's throat why your opinion is fact and why everyone should just agree with you regardless of simple logic.

Mazty:

dathwampeer:

Looking up games that have slipped my memory is somewhat difficult...And no, I never said this video wouldn't work without a female presenter. I said her quirkiness is part of the video, as sarcasm and cynicism are part of Yahztee's...Chatting sh*t =/= enjoyable nostalgia. Nice way to try to make a strawman and then tear it down. I'm defending it because people like you are just jerks yelling "omgosh this is just pandering to neeeerds!!" which is simply false as I enjoy it for reasons which do not involve ogling, as I've previously stated. You really need to brush up on your comprehension skills if you can't see the glaringly obvious fundamental error in your argument. Anyway, I'm going to add you to ignore as your posts are just you trying to ram down everyone's throat why your opinion is fact and why everyone should just agree with you regardless of simple logic.

*ahem*

Mazty:
If it was a dude it wouldn't work, just as much as ZP wouldn't work if it was a chick doing it instead.

And you said I have a short memory. (I also disagreed with the ZP statement.)

Right. This is just turning into the average internet pissing match. You mock my comprehension skills. I mock your lack of intelligence you move to strike with deniable past statements, I then quote past statements and we all settle on a bitchfit and each win the internet.

The meat and gravy of this matter is that the show wouldn't work without hot nerdbait. You can argue nostalgia until you're blue in the face, I'm still going to disagree and you're still gonna stomp around screaming because I disagree.

Frankly I don't care. Ignore me if you want. I really can't force myself to give a shit. This is a poor excuse of a show relying on people being drawn in by a pretty smile and a nice rack . Excuse me for not laying down the red carpet for this clearly well fleshed out and comprehensive contribution to the escapist. It's exactly what this website needed.

:/

You are either the palest person I've ever seen or there's way too much glare.

Anyway great list, nice variety in games, although you should've shown off Sweet Tooth's special in Twisted Metal black

Lisa Foiles is cute, but that's about it, she just feels really fake and kinda of cookie cutter; just reading off a script. At least with Yahtzee and Movie Bob you can feel their passion for their work and in turn becomes more interesting. Lisa is just eye candy, no depth, no lasting interest or reason to watch.

At first I thought this show was stupid and I really didn't find Lisa attractive at all, but I'm starting to slowly warm up to this show and I find Lisa more enchanting with each new video. I'm coming around to the idea that this show might have some good potential, but it's probably going to take a fair amount of trial & error.

hahaha oh lisa, once again you have entertained me greatly :)
I hope this series keeps going for a while, its badassery is pretty spectacular

dathwampeer:

Mazty:

dathwampeer:

*ahem*

Mazty:
If it was a dude it wouldn't work, just as much as ZP wouldn't work if it was a chick doing it instead.

Right. This is just turning into the average internet pissing match. You mock my comprehension skills. I mock your lack of intelligence you move to strike with deniable past statements, I then quote past statements and we all settle on a bitchfit and each win the internet.

The meat and gravy of this matter is that the show wouldn't work without hot nerdbait. You can argue nostalgia until you're blue in the face, I'm still going to disagree and you're still gonna stomp around screaming because I disagree.

Frankly I don't care. Ignore me if you want. I really can't force myself to give a shit. This is a poor excuse of a show relying on people being drawn in by a pretty smile and a nice rack . Excuse me for not laying down the red carpet for this clearly well fleshed out and comprehensive contribution to the escapist. It's exactly what this website needed.

I'm sorry I can't let that one fly so consider this the last response. How about we take that quote in context, yeah?
"If it was a dude it wouldn't work, just as much as ZP wouldn't work if it was a chick doing it instead. It comes down to "can you like quirkiness?". As Yahtzee is sarcastic, Foiles is quirky."
Guys tend not to be quirky. That was what I was getting at - if you gave a guy the same script, it'd come of really, really camp which would just be bizarre.
Did I not say the content of the show would work if it was just a regular "The Escapist" top 5 show? Why yes, yes I did. Did you ignore that? Why yes, yes you did.
YOU CAN'T ARGUE AGAINST NOSTALGIA BECAUSE I ENJOY IT FOR THAT REASON. Seriously this is plain, basic, simplistic logic. It'd be like saying "all men are 6ft" and then being approached by a 5ft 9' guy who obviously says otherwise, and yet you still try to argue all men are 6ft when there is proof in your face saying otherwise. The fact you still try to argue it's just nerdbait when I, a person, enjoys it for another reason, just shows you are nothing more than a stubborn troll.
What the website doesn't need is people who think their opinions are so strong they warp reality around them; what good do those people bring? =\
Now on ignore as clearly you are too arrogant to see otherwise.

Mazty:

dathwampeer:

Mazty:

*ahem*

Mazty:

Let's take that quote in context, yeah?
"If it was a dude it wouldn't work, just as much as ZP wouldn't work if it was a chick doing it instead. It comes down to "can you like quirkiness?". As Yahtzee is sarcastic, Foiles is quirky."
Guys tend not to be quirky. That was what I was getting at - if you gave a guy the same script, it'd come of really, really camp which would just be bizarre.
Did I not say the content of the show would work if it was just a regular "The Escapist" top 5 show? Why yes, yes I did. Did you ignore that? Why yes, yes you did.
YOU CAN'T ARGUE AGAINST NOSTALGIA BECAUSE I ENJOY IT FOR THAT REASON. Seriously this is plain, basic, simplistic logic. It'd be like saying "all men are 6ft" and then being approached by a 5ft 9' guy who obviously says otherwise, and yet you still try to argue all men are 6ft when there is proof in your face saying otherwise. The fact you still try to argue it's just nerdbait when I, a person, enjoys it for another reason, just shows you are nothing more than a stubborn troll.
What the website doesn't need is people who think their opinions are so strong they warp reality around them; what good do those people bring? =\
Now on ignore as clearly you are too arrogant to see otherwise.

I just skim read this because yo're talking complete bull now

It is in context.

You said the words. "It wouldn't work with a dude." Which is all you needed to say.

I still don't see why you find it nostalgic and you simply saying 'ees nostalgia yes.' isn't enough to disprove my argument. You could just as easily be saything that because you have no real counterpoint.

And I just ignored your retarded analogy.

As I said.

The show wouldn't work without nerdbait, that's the barebones of my issue with it. You just seem to be a little pr-occupied with attempting to justify your fondness of this shit.

And so much for you ignoring me.

Honestly, you're like a freaking child.

TheSarcasterd:

Not gonna keep watching but atleast the topic was amusing.

How is it that every time she posts a video we get people telling us they're not going to keep watching?

Holy hypocrisy, Batman.

Only if it's the same person every time, otherwise that's perfectly reasonable.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here