LoadingReadyRun: The LRR CD ROM Game

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

THE GOOD TIMES NEVER END!

So many FMV memories...

Very well played. The dissolve from room to room kept me thinking of Myst and Return to Zork. Ahh, nostalgia!

Had to click, damn! Years of gaming conditioning me!

I managed to resist the urge to click.

Just.

I'd buy that for a dollar!

Clicking obviously stops time in this game.

wait, did no one else get it to work? my movie was awesome! there were ninjas and bears and sharks, and in the end Kathleen was like "Yay, I can't wait for you to come back tomorrow!"
best... game... ever!

I CLICKED AND CLICKED BUT NOTHING HAPPENED D:

That was the lamest LRR video to date. Sorry but it was.

BrotherRool:
I'm so glad I wasn't the only one who tried clicking :D I just wish I'd resisted the temptation

I was just making a sandwich, didn't realize it had actually played through :(

WhiskeyNL:
I tried clicking.

I really tried so hard

T_T

I watched through the whole thing, went about my day, and had a "was I *supposed* to click on this stuff?" moment (after all, YouTube is full of videos with embedded links, right?). Then came home, reloaded the video, and tried to click on the blasted t-shirt.

Nicely played, LRR.

I almost clicked the shirt. I was so tempted...

Also I have that exact same Lazer Tab gun! =D

hahaha "he's obviously an idiot", great stuff LRR!

I tried to click.

I really did.

:(

I wish to make a complaint! This game isn't interactive, that's what's wrong with it!

Here, have some chloroform

EDIT: Am I the only person who did NOT try to click on the T shirt or play the fake game? That's sad.

I was expecting TypeYourNameHere to end up in the basement after the chloroform bit.

danpascooch:

Am I the only person who did NOT try to click on the T shirt or play the fake game? That's sad.

No, I almost did, but managed to resist. :P

This wasn't as good as the "click your own adventure" of Night of The Living Dead and I knew the Escapist player wouldn't let me click, so I refused to click and I resisted to the temptation of click... and now a bunch of 16-bit pixels call me "TypeYourNameHere_"... there's a joke in there somewhere...

So many children's shows use this format, I wonder if it is making kids dumber or jaded. If they actually believe they are interacting, they are probably too young to do the requested action. If they can do the actions they should know that they are not affecting the video, and the thanking/praise/tips are not genuine (it does not help that many phrase it in a way if you heard it in person is clearly insincere). It is one thing to indicate this is the start of trying to figure something out or sing along then transitioning to something else, but it really does not have to be done the way so many do.

;) video or concept demo?

I really tried but clicking also activates my power to stop time. T.T

Oh man, I booted up my game and left it running on the stream. Hope no one thought it was theirs.

LeonLethality:
This had me in stitches, good job guys.

Ah how I miss those cereal box CD rom games...

I swear the cereal box version of Clue is the best video game adaptation of the game ever made. Now if only I could find it online ...or at least my original CD.

Digikid:

We've been on The Escapist for a year now. I admire your tenacity, to return every week to something you dislike.

Graham_LRR:

Digikid:

We've been on The Escapist for a year now. I admire your tenacity, to return every week to something you dislike.

He only said he disliked this video not LRR in general.

I liked this one though.

I was seriously about to click... >.> Then I realized, disappointingly so, that it wasn't an actual game. Dx

Another fantastic episode guys 'n gals, not that I expect any less.
Expectations?! Oh noez!

It took all my mental and intestinal fortitude, but I resisted the urge to click.

aw man I suck at this game. I kept forgetting where I put my mouse when they told me to shoot the aliens. :(

Was I the only one who got a very Harvest Moon/Dark Cloud vibe from that video?

Also, great job LRR Crew

EDIT: I want Kathleen's bear-hat. And if she has the rest of the bear's body, I'll take that too.

Versago:
Ah, memories of the kind of game I'm glad to have missed, bieng only 19 :P

Also if the video it made was another version of Trapped, the level of meta would have broken the scale.

Unless it was a version of trapped where they watch the video "Meta," only all the commercials are for the LRR game.

Wha-

Scrumpmonkey:
I loved all the dissovles and repeated prompts, you know people forget just how odd the old FMV games were and just how much of a dumbass they sometimes presume you to be.

Sometimes, it's deserved. ;)

damnit, whenever i click the game lags out. sadness :(

STOP YELLING AT ME

I PARTICIPATED TO THE BEST OF MY ABILITY ;-;

Graham_LRR:

Digikid:

No, "lame" is a pretty good way to describe these cheesy mid-90s FMV games; "lame" is the perfect way to describe this video. It is lame.

I mean, that's the joke, right?

Wow, that brought back so many memories. I haven't laughed that hard at an LRR vid in a long time. Great job guys! Let me know when the game comes out; I would so buy it.

Aww, I lost. I should try again.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or