LoadingReadyRun: Cruising

Pages PREV 1 2

Oh Graham looked disappointed, poor guy he just wanted to cruise if you still want to I guess I could cruise with you.

Graham_LRR:

Bujiraso:
Gay people don't have to sound different :P

True, but I wanted to give him a little bit of character. I certainly wasn't going to go full-on "sketch comedy gay" about it. Note I also avoid any ridiculous "gay" costuming choices.

... Now I want to see a 'rejected costumes' segment for this episode, damn you LRR for you excellent wardrobe!

OT: Very funny video guys and girls, loved the Kathleen segment and Matt's reaction is pretty much how most people would react.

Well done, as always.

Shotgun Guy:
"Hi, peeing or sex with a man?" I need to do this in a bathroom now, lol.

Be warned--you may get takers, and then you're in that awkward moment where you have you to either say "sorry, just here to pee", or follow through with your offer. Do let the internet know how it turned out for you.

Gettin a bit Matt heavy this month, or is it just he is an easy mark?

-M

TheDstryr9:
Why is Paul not listed under 'appearing'?

Valagetti:
The raindow Warrior? Really guys, are you trying to piss us kiwis off?

I don't get it.

Sinking of the Rainbow Warrior.

Basically, back in '80s, the French intelligence services bombed a Greenpeace ship in a NZ harbour to prevent them from interfering with nuclear tests in the Pacific. There were about a dozen people on board, one of whom drowned. This obviously seriously pissed off the NZ government and the general public.

I enjoyed the style of humor in this video, and the acting worked well. I was nervous when I saw the title and premise, but everything worked, not making me too uncomfortable or annoyed by stereotype.

BehattedWanderer:
Well done, as always.

Shotgun Guy:

Be warned--you may get takers, and then you're in that awkward moment where you have you to either say "sorry, just here to pee", or follow through with your offer. Do let the internet know how it turned out for you.

Don't worry, I'll run away if anyone says yes.

Shotgun Guy:

BehattedWanderer:
Well done, as always.

Shotgun Guy:

Lol chicken. For Science, man!

BehattedWanderer:

Shotgun Guy:

BehattedWanderer:
Well done, as always.

Well, if it is for teh science...No! I refuse! Science be damned!

LadyRhian:

The Gentleman:
Clearly, this bathroom needs a sign out front

"Cursing Mens Bathroom, ladies welcome"

Where you should expect to hear a lot of foul language... And if it's the Cruising Bathroom, where are the holes in the stalls for the anonymous sex? Hmmm?

We didn't see inside the stalls. It could be just a hole between the two of them, you know.

This was pretty amusing. I liked the confused but pretty calm response from Matt at being propositioned for gay sex. XD

This was kind of funny... but mostly just odd. It felt like the joke was a bit stretched. I liked the stinger, though.

Alar:
This was pretty amusing. I liked the confused but pretty calm response from Matt at being propositioned for gay sex. XD

It's flattering! It's just not my thing!

-m

This is the weirdest skit they have ever done, and I've seen all of them.

(Except Season 1, cause nobody's seen Season 1)

graham played a gay guy not too badly, like will from will and grace, i was half expecting to see morgan to be a reference to the 'horrible homosexual' sketch waaaay back lol, i laughed quite abit

Graham_LRR:

Bujiraso:

True, but I wanted to give him a little bit of character. I certainly wasn't going to go full-on "sketch comedy gay" about it. Note I also avoid any ridiculous "gay" costuming choices.

I'm glad that you guys didn't go for the full on lispy stereotype. As a gay guy I hate it when people do that. I do like how you only pitched your voice up slightly to give him a wee bit of gay character. Thanks, Graham!

When will people learn? The negation of

I'm gay, therefore I read the Rainbow Warrior

is not

I'm not gay, therefore I don't read the Rainbow Warrior

but

I don't read the Rainbow Warrior, therefore I'm not gay.

Graham_LRR:

Bujiraso:

hm, touché. Ok, I buy it.

Shotgun Guy:

BehattedWanderer:

Shotgun Guy:

Sir, I'm afraid you're going to have to gay it up. Science requires sacrifice.

Or, you know, get a guy who's into that to do it, and just stand near the entryway with clipboard/smart phone app and record results.

Your call.

BehattedWanderer:

Shotgun Guy:

BehattedWanderer:

Or, you know, get a guy who's into that to do it, and just stand near the entryway with clipboard/smart phone app and record results.

Your call.

I have a friend who is perfect for the job, well not perfect, he's a little socially awkward but I figure I can hook him up with some dudes and get the science done, two for one!

o.0

guys srsly .... wtf

Shotgun Guy:

BehattedWanderer:

Shotgun Guy:

Your call.

I have a friend who is perfect for the job, well not perfect, he's a little socially awkward but I figure I can hook him up with some dudes and get the science done, two for one!

I'm proud you came around. Helping science, and a buddy, in the noble scheme of solving the newest most important of queries: Peeing, or sex with men. Cheers.

"Gay sex or peeing in the bathroom?" The question we all want answered xD.

Valagetti:
The raindow Warrior? Really guys, are you trying to piss us kiwis off?

They must have something against Greenpeace. And I don't really blame them for that!

Graham_LRR:

Bujiraso:

I am more impressed that you can do the skit with a straight face, I would be laughing half the time. Which would be like half of feed dump.

I wish the guys who propositioned ME in the bathroom for sex were as good looking as Graham :(

I always wonder about the people who say that "X is beneath you" when by my count this is at least the 3rd video you have done that was set in a bathroom (although the first without a bathroom attendant). And that is not counting all of the videos including bathrooms, such as Morgans problem.

And the way Graham did his lines made me realize that he normally sounds kind of like a gay friend of mine. I'm not saying that he normally sounds stereotypically gay, just that he has a little bit of "possibly gay" in his voice, whatever that means. It's really mostly a cadence thing instead of the pitch (or being annoyingly lispy).

Nicely done. I am now curious to see how the Matt face shot at the urinal was accomplished.

I find myself thinking "that joke lacked punch" every so often when I watch LRR. But you guys write/film/edit a sketch every freakin' week. So, I can't really fault you. I doubt I could produce comedy at that continual pace.

Do you all have real jobs as well? I estimate there is ~20hrs of making these shorts every week by the time you include the writing/planning/staging/editing. And I doubt that whatever money The Escapist is paying you doesn't go very far when split amongst a large troupe.

That was hilarious- Matt and Graham knocked it out of the equality park :P

Matt's sudden, horrified realisation that he was being propositioned was priceless.
Kudos!

Also, been out of the loop for a while and catching up on my LRR and Feed Dump.
Where did Doom Booties come from?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or