Marital Problems

Pages PREV 1 2

Hat Man:
I have to admit that I felt guilty for dragging Brelyna away from the College when I married her, but I hope that she'd learn more following me on adventures and with all of the books I've been getting for her.

Ooo...I murdered her to power up the Ebony blade...I think I might be a bad friend. In my defense, she did turn me into a horse.

OT: It seems like there's a sort of uncanny valley type effect for more than just visuals. The more features a game adds to make it more like real life, the more you can see the impossibility of actually simulating a realistic relationship inside of an adventure game. The same sort of thing happened between me and my seven wives and husbands in Fable 3.

teknoarcanist:
I brought my wife to the battle with Alduin, atop the Throat of the World. I foolishly believed it would be my and Alduin's first and last confrontation, and I wanted her to be a part of it.

(Part of your story included for context)

This is a really cool story, especially the part where you used the sword to get your revenge. It seems like a heroic ballad. I think games are at their most moving when they have a meaning for the player beyond what is programed in. I find it especially moving that you chose not to load the save. I had a similar experience in Mass Effect 2:

:D That made me laugh so much! That's one of the things I love about Skyrim... nothing seems to make sense! It's such a complicated system, sometimes people just do things seemingly at random!

In a weird way it seems that Marriage is somethng Fable does better than Elder Scrolls... never thought I would say anything that Fable did better than anything else (aside from humour!)

beefpelican:

This is a really cool story, especially the part where you used the sword to get your revenge. It seems like a heroic ballad. I think games are at their most moving when they have a meaning for the player beyond what is programed in. I find it especially moving that you chose not to load the save.

Yeah I never quickload to "rewrite history". I just don't like doing it; it takes me out of the experience. I have friends who load their save immediately after making any important decision just to see what would happen. I can't imagine playing that way. It's like, I can obsessively do everything right in ANY game -- why would I do it in a game that gives me the capacity to fail meaningfully?

teknoarcanist:

beefpelican:

This is a really cool story, especially the part where you used the sword to get your revenge. It seems like a heroic ballad. I think games are at their most moving when they have a meaning for the player beyond what is programed in. I find it especially moving that you chose not to load the save.

Yeah I never quickload to "rewrite history". I just don't like doing it; it takes me out of the experience. I have friends who load their save immediately after making any important decision just to see what would happen. I can't imagine playing that way. It's like, I can obsessively do everything right in ANY game -- why would I do it in a game that gives me the capacity to fail meaningfully?

To me that's the whole point about role playing, I tend to do a "me in the game" type playthrough at some point but the whole idea, or at least what I get the most satisfaction from is "Yes but what would X do?" With X being my character. So yeah I don't reload saves unless I need to and just let the narrative happen, leads to some pretty epic and odd moments which make the game so much more fun.

I love things like this. I do this with my games all the time. Maybe I should look into writing it down if I'm able to get paid :P

MorganL4:

ELCTea:
I thought this was a new feature coming in an update, but then I found this awesome story!

That was exactly what I was expecting too... supposedly divorce was originally in the game ( there are console commands for it, but they don't work, to divorce you must murder.)

008Zulu:
Really needs to be a re-marry option in Skyrim. Should your current meet with an "untimely accident." The marriage in game is very underwhelming, you move mountains and then its the occasional pie.

Truthfully, I hope someone is making a "Married, with children" mod for Skyrim where I get to be a Norse Al Bundy. That would at least make the whole marriage idea less of a waste of time.

What would the kids look like if an Argonian and a Khajiit mated?

Let me refer you to the Notes on Racial Phylogeny, which you are rewarded with after finishing the quest "Hitting the Books."

"Generally the offspring bear the racial traits of the mother, though some traces of the father's race may also be present. It is less clear whether the Argonians and Khajiit are interfertile with both humans and elves. Though there have been many reports throughout the Eras of children from these unions, as well as stories of unions with daedra, there have been no well documented offspring."

And on Human x or Elven x Orc couplings:

"Certainly, there have been cases of intercourse between these "races," generally in the nature of rape or magickal seduction, but there have been no documented cases of pregnancy. Still the interfertility of these creatures and the civilized hominids has yet to be empirically established or refuted, likely due to the deep cultural differences. Surely any normal Bosmer or Breton impregnated by an orc would keep that shame to herself, and there's no reason to suppose that an orc maiden impregnated by a human would not be likewise ostracized by her society."

D'awww. Loved it. I must say you have a lot more patience than me tracking him down than I would have. Kudos. May he get scalerot and parasites for his filthy, muddy ways.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here