Miracle of Sound: Shooter Guy

Pages PREV 1 2

Teeheehee. Meta humour is fun.
A definite side-splitter, this one. Hope you had as much fun writing it as I had listening to it.

... You know, you really are gifted, Gav. As I covered in that article back in February, the fact that you're still not running out of creative juice after pretty much writing kickass songs non-stop for well over a year... that is damn impressive. I wish I could be at your Escapist Expo gig.
May your work continue to bring joy to yourself and all of us! :)

JordanXlord:
i loved the song except the Ghetto Part

because i have an Extreme Hatred for that word

So do I, but in this case, since it's clearly meant satirically, it just amuses me.

That's the most fun since before my final exams crunch :D

Awesome lyrics, get me hooked, good video to go with it too

Enjoyed this more than any of your most recent songs because I felt like you were actually having fun with it! Still as enjoyable a tune as ever, but I guess the tongue-in-cheek style just worked really well this time round. Would certainly like to see some more comedy works this next year!

Binnsyboy:

JordanXlord:
i loved the song except the Ghetto Part

because i have an Extreme Hatred for that word

So do I, but in this case, since it's clearly meant satirically, it just amuses me.

good point

Great song, very amusing.

4 minutes of song had me laughing for an hour. Good job Gav.

Your funniest song in a long time. Great work, two thumbs up!

MiracleOfSound:

maximalist566:
Also, forgot to ask - Gavin, are you playing Bastion now because of the Humble Bundle? Hope you got this Bundle because each of 8 games is worth a song ;)

I got Bastion on XBL, just finished it today ;)

So, does this mean a Psychonauts song? Please?

That was pretty hilarious. very well done, good job on this one.

Delivering highly effective satire through song... LOVE IT!

Looking forward to the video after the next video (You seem to be doing a nintendo as of late... not failing as epicly though...)

Also: For those of you wondering where the links in the description are: They are referring to the youtube description at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ALd0ILisKvI

"I'm a sniper!" <-hahaha hilarious

though...I actually don't know what "quick scope" is :/

Frostbyte:

MiracleOfSound:

maximalist566:
Also, forgot to ask - Gavin, are you playing Bastion now because of the Humble Bundle? Hope you got this Bundle because each of 8 games is worth a song ;)

I got Bastion on XBL, just finished it today ;)

So, does this mean a Psychonauts song? Please?

? Why would me finishing Bastion mean a Psychonauts song? I played Psychonauts a few years ago, didn't like it!

MiracleOfSound:

The:

He said "chest high walls" in a British accent. Sounds familiar.

I wonder where it came from ;)

Yeah, I noticed that. It was great.

BTW, what was with the guy on youtube claiming that you were being racist to white people? Nuts, eh?

"360 no-scope triple collateral guys OH MY GOD headshot bitch! I'm a sniper!" I was almost crying with laughter. It's exactly what the squeaky little children are like on Call of Duty.

"You died" being the last example I can remember, I forgot you could write funny songs! I'll be humming "Laws of physics and logic need not apply" every time I see an flimsy, wooden, unbreakable door, ridiculous in-game orders, or chest high walls of unlikely placement for a while, I think.

I totally caught the yahtzee reference, twas awesome.

The fast bits reminde me of Duane and Brando.

You have outdone yourself with this. Excellent, more comedy songs would be fun :D

maximalist566:
Well, technically, Half-Life 2 is shooter and it's hard to say that laws of physics are not applicable (there should be one Captain Obvious in each CoD thread ;))

Great song, matched all things that I hate in FPBDS (First Person Brain Destroying Shooter).

Well, I think everyone knows that Gordon Freeman is not Shooter Guy, he is Gordon Freeman!

Character you play is CoD? He is shooter guy. Battlefield 3? Shooter Guy. Etc...

Chest high walls don't do shit for me in MW3. Get shots through walls all the time.

That...words cannot describe how awesome that was. I love shooters (like...it's a very unhealthy amount of love...I think I need help) and the way that you poke fun of all the shooter cliches is just fun to listen to.

I especially enjoyed Captain Noisy and the vacuum cleaner line. I also found it greatly humorous that you "complained" about going through basic training but you're gunning down civilian cut-outs :)

In a slightly unrelated thing: Yah, I get to grammar Nazi and was either the first to notice it or the first to be rude enough to point it out! You spelled "donwload" (download) wrong in the end credits. Finally, proof that your genius is indeed human!

5-0:
Hahaha, liked this one a lot. An easy target perhaps, but a good one. I also like the fact you've got the lyrics in the video- nice addition.

Even the easy targets need some love - or a healthy dose of satire to the face.

Goddamn this is the funniest MoS song since I Suck at Call of Duty! I love ironic and subversive songs with an easy to sing chorus and melody; it's songs like this that I always think of when I'm doing particularly well or particularly poorly while gaming.

I saw this on YouTube first, but I'm so glad that you brought it over for the Escapist to see as well. The lyrics here are just genius- between this, You Died, and I Suck At Call of Duty, you've really proven that you can write comedy really well! Honestly, what CAN'T you do? Well done, sir!

Also,I'm VERY happy to hear that you finished Bastion!

Great song, great bits of shooter humor, but strangely enough, I realized early on that I was looking forward more to the verses than the refrains. Is that abnormal?

The lyrics are so perfectly done! XD

cricket chirps:
4 minutes of song had me laughing for an hour. Good job Gav.

This, and it had driven me back into MW2 online still surprisingly busy and i'm surprisingly average still, ah well good fun though,

I'm a musician as well and I believe that this is an awesome song. Love all of the references and I believe that its just an awesome thing you guys have done. Its completely true and leaves you wanting more.

Vault101:
"I'm a sniper!" <-hahaha hilarious

though...I actually don't know what "quick scope" is :/

So in cod you have a sniper. You hold down aim just long enough to see the scope and shoot. It's kind of hard to explain just go on youtube and type it in. You will get a million videos being like OMG LOOK AT THIS EPIC QUICKSCOPE!!!
ot: Loved the song Gavin. Wasn't feeling the last 2 songs but this one was great.

Awesome.

Great lyrics, great video. Simply awesome.

:)

Gavin, I think you would like Spec Ops: The Line. OT, great song! Perfectly encapsulates the shooter stereotypes...

I just listened to this song (the album version, anyway) using a plugin that removes the "center" channel, it really lets you hear the work Gav put into the backing vocals. I especially like how for the most part for the first two verses in one channel he's singing, and in the other channel "rhythmically speaking", or however you want to put it, but that the two are pretty much in unison otherwise.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here