Critical Miss: Top Five Games of 2012 #2

Pages PREV 1 2

Ah yes, MotN. Loved it.
Despite all the applause of the nonlethal options and all, I actually decided to go through on a murderous rampage and I LOVED it. The terror options are just the best. I'm currently going through on my "HEY KIDS YOU WANNA SEE A DEAD BODY?" playthrough with the Path of Nightmares.

major_chaos:

MetalMagpie:

Any bets for #1?

Personally I'll be shocked if it isn't either TWD or Journey, two games which apparently I'm the only person who hates on principle, TWD because I have little patience for Point and click games and even less for zombies, and Journey because from everything I have seen up to and including the way people praise it, is big on the semi pretentious "art" and short on gameplay. I might actually like TWD if I could get past how sick I am of zombies but the closest thing to an emotional response Journey could ever get from me is "I payed money for this?".

I'm not a fan of zombies either. It's not that they've been overused, it's just that I never liked them. I don't find them very interesting as monsters, and some of the depictions are too close to a repeating nightmare I had as a child (and sometimes still do when under a lot of stress). So even comical depictions of zombies have the potential to unnerve me.

Journey I haven't played as I lack a PS3 (I'm mostly a PC gamer, although I have a 2nd hand Xbox 360). It looks very pretty, but I've never been given the impression there's much substance to it. It's certainly not selling itself on the gameplay.

Grey Carter:

major_chaos:

MetalMagpie:

Any bets for #1?

Personally I'll be shocked if it isn't either TWD or Journey, two games which apparently I'm the only person who hates on principle, TWD because I have little patience for Point and click games and even less for zombies, and Journey because from everything I have seen up to and including the way people praise it, is big on the semi pretentious "art" and short on gameplay. I might actually like TWD if I could get past how sick I am of zombies but the closest thing to an emotional response Journey could ever get from me is "I payed money for this?".

You might be surprised.

Based on that comment, I'm putting my money on XCOM.

*waits to be surprised by a game completely out of left field*

Alas poor Splinter Cell, what ever has become of you?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here