Zero Punctuation: Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Love this one.

seemed to have pissed everyone off!
mission complete

Come on... Do 'No More Heros''No More Heros''No More Heros''No More Heros''No More Heros''No More Heros'

BonsaiK:
No, Yahtzee, no! Don't review Call Of Duty 4! Don't let the whiners win! It'll just encourage them!

I agree with this. DON'T DO IT MAN.

I liked Umbrella Chronicles, but I also loved this review as well. One of your better ones, I think; there were numerous laugh-out-loud moments for me. I think my favorite part was the mention of a monster helping himself to a "Jill sandwich", which I can only assume was a great reference to that classic line from the original Resident Evil. All you needed was some mention of "master of unlocking" and you'd have covered all your bases. ;)

Yeah I agree to that too, otherwise you'll end up being forced to review every damn flavor-of-the-month shooter. And we all know how exciting that is.....

Review what you want man, even if its a 8 years old rpg, i dont care.

Good review, my favourite part was your comment about the EA syndrome. Hahaha. Anyway, it seems most of your reviews (correct me if I'm wrong) tend to dislike a game more than like it. So the question comes up: do you like to play games? Or are you just getting tired or how games are going downhill since you first joined the gaming community.

Looking forward to the next one. Would like a COD4 one, but review what you want.

Goddammit that is not a fucking mullet.

THIS is a mullet.

Confusing a medium length slick back with a mullet is as bad as Bono confusing his frosted perm with a mullet.

Northern:
So the question comes up: do you like to play games? Or are you just getting tired or how games are going downhill since you first joined the gaming community.

Yahtzee's whole thing is taking the piss out of games. So naturally he'll pay much more attention in reviews to the negatives than the positives. That doesn't mean it's an actually representative view of what he really thought. Unless he absolutely savages a game to shreds (such as he did with Clive Barker's Clive Barker's Jericho by Clive Barker), chances are he probably actually liked it or at least did not find it terrible.

I thought my day couldn't get any better past the review until I saw Dr. Whigs post a boss mullet. I had to get up and walk out of my room when I saw that mullet from the laughter. Thumbs up to you, Whigs. On to the review, I loved it. He hit on everything Resident Evil does and, sad to say, they do it well. Which is why us gamers (and the Escapist, in Yahtzee's case) buy them, play them and giggle at them. I'm surprised you didn't get on the case of Carlos and his "Chica" quote that he had in one of the levels. While another example of horrible dialog, you have to admit...hearing a white guy say Chica in a white guy voice is very unnerving. Great review!

-Long Post Man

"The difficulty is very unforgiving at times, with far too many unreasonably brief windows between a monster appearing on screen, and them helping themselves to a Jill sandwich."

Classic. Loved the "What Would Adolf Do" poster behind the top hat-clad villain as well. A lot of the humour in the game comes from Jill's keen spider-sense like ability to detect danger, as well as her random utterances of "I think so too."

I liked the moments that required twitch reflexes, but what pissed me off at times was that sometimes a tough enemy like a Hunter or Giant Spider would appear on screen and, despite me unloading a Magnum Revolver on the bastard nearly as soon as it appeared on screen, it wouldn't flinch, allowing it to take a chunk off my life bar.

I thought that the Painkiller short was very funny last week.

Well done.

So we have Jericho, Manhunt, Silent Hill, and now ResEvil. All that's left to review in the horror genre is Barbie Horse Adventures Mystery Ride...

Forget COD4 man. No point in doing a review for a game everyone has played already. Do one on something thats good, yet some may not have played. Like No More Heroes?

leafcats:

BonsaiK:
No, Yahtzee, no! Don't review Call Of Duty 4! Don't let the whiners win! It'll just encourage them!

My bet is that he'll open up with an intro that looks like a review of CoD4, have his cartoon Yahtzee give everyone the finger, then review whatever the hell he wants to review.

When your goal is to be the world biggest jerk, money doesn't apply to you. It's capitalism in action!

I too would readily let any Valve employee masturbate in my face. As long as by "any" we mean either Realm Lovejoy or Kim Swift, that is.

m_jim:

leafcats:

BonsaiK:

My bet is that he'll open up with an intro that looks like a review of CoD4, have his cartoon Yahtzee give everyone the finger, then review whatever the hell he wants to review.

Or perhaps he's gotten around to playing it and now wishes to give his thoughts on it, and decided to quell the begging while he's at it.

I for one enjoy the RE plotlines for what they are: B-Movie madness on a scale sometimes nearly Homeric.

Yes it's all silly, but most myths are anyway. What's sillier, Carlos and giant spiders or Heracles' final demise stemming from, literally, a bloody shirt? :)

The Poet:
WHY!? Why can't you do COD4?!

I want the COD4 review to be awful. That will make me laugh like I have never laughed.

xMacx:
war rail shooters...perhaps they'll bring back operation wolf?

YES.

Carol Pentalentathon:

The Poet:
WHY!? Why can't you do COD4?!

I want the COD4 review to be awful. That will make me laugh like I have never laughed.

Or have everyone bitch about it like the Witcher review.

really not much of a zombie game person. Seems like rail shooters are only fun at the arcade. Good ending with the Valve joke:)came out of the closet finally (Guitar Hero)

Bwahhah Yahtzee you kill me every time!

What ever their paying you is probably about right it keeps YOU angry.

Well...fuck. I remember playing railroad shooters. Good job Yahtzee, I ain't even 30 yet and you make me feel old.

P.S.: The review wasn't half bad either.

"I admire the spirit of Umbrella Chronicles because, as my Silent Hill: Origins review implied, I admire a series that tries to mix things up, not just release the same game every bloody year"

Wait, what? There have been 3 rail shooters made from Resident Evil that I can think of right off the top of my head which were much like the 2 (that I know of) arcade rail shooters they made. How is this mixing things up?

The more I hear about the Wii the more it makes me want to... eh... Wee

I liked the Mansion Incident. The Gamecube remake, anyway.

That said, Holy Hell was I on the floor with the laughings.

Also, I seem to need to be culled from this earth. I kept having bits from the Painkiller short rolling through my head all day. Still. Yeah.

As the kids like to say, lol.

you know i always though that the RE plots where someway decent (except 4) until i realized that capcom never tried to cover the reason of why umbrella make those fucking monsters

My fiancee was a little upset that he reviewed Umbrella Chronicles, because we haven't gotten around to buying it yet and I think now she's scared I won't let her XD

But God knows we need some Wii games, and I'm actually happy to have a rail shooter in my collection. Relic of the past? Maybe. A treasured memory of my past? Definitely! Unintentionally hilarious dialogue? Most welcome.

Khell_Sennet:
Well done.

So we have Jericho, Manhunt, Silent Hill, and now ResEvil. All that's left to review in the horror genre is Barbie Horse Adventures Mystery Ride...

You forgot F.E.A.R., and frankly his disappointment with Silent Hill: 0rigins, Umbrella Chronicles and F.E.A.R.: Perseus Mandate has me hoping he'll review Condemned 2 when that comes out (March?) because it looks like it'll be filled with the kind of thing that appeals to him about horror games.

Oh, yeah! Yahtzee's back in the saddle again (instead of barely holding on with with his teeth on the tail). OK, so I was gonna say that last week, but stupid Escapist took too long to send me an email confirmation and I have a short attention span.

I'm not saying the others haven't been funny, just not ROTFLMAO funny like this one. In fact, I'm glad I waited for this one, since it was the funniest yet, by far. I laughed so many times that I started looking at the bar thinking "I can't believe this isn't done yet!"

Oh, and I did like the FMV last week. But, before you kill me, I'd better tell you that I didn't think it was FUNNY, just cool to watch the lip syncing and how generic the cut scene was.

Well, I guess that's about it, I haven't read any of the comments yet, so I'd better get to that.

Woo! I'm a deviant! And I don't rightly give a damn, as that Painkiller short was amazing.

ahh yes the zapper just completely screws you over. nice review you charismatic stallion.

Please GOD do a Burnout: Paradise one!!

That was awesome as usual! Also yes do another Short like the painkiller one! That was fucking hilarious! Also use Pinball wizard (The who version) on one of your future videos!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here