Kung Fu Grip: Star Wars: A New Halo

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

The force was with you in making this one... I LOVED IT!!

It was good, though it was definately more of a 'what if stormtroopers were competant' than a Halo thing.

haha. one i truly understand! you guys are too funny. seriously. but i love the end with darth vader. priceless.

and i thought benny was the girl, not rafi? are you trying to tell me you switched again? dammit!

Well, that was just the same joke repeated ad nauseum. Watching star-wars characters get shot wasn't really funny the first time they did it.

It was nice to see some of the old scenes from Star Wars, but the same joke (MC shoots everyone) got a bit tired. There could have been more variety. The first one should have had a Warthog and been stickied, for example. And for christ sake, halo has an energy sword - THAT'S BASICALLY A LIGHTSABER, HOW COULD YOU NOT INCLUDE THAT?

Hilarious as ever and always! Seriously, loved it - Keep up the good work Ravenstake!

You know what? Good Job. I was kinda iffy on it at first (Everyone knows Stormtroopers -> Spartans. You see stormtroopers take crap from scummy aliens? *BAM* One blaster bolt to the skull. All but one Spartan was wiped out by the covenant, and he has a fetish for computer circuits, so how competent can he be?)but I think you pulled it off.

There have been 1,000,000 star wars jokes over the ages, and when you're competing against the Robot Chicken Star Wars, you have to take what you can get. I think this episode was a little less than Robot Chicken, but you did fantastic and I really hope you mean what you say about making The Empire Strikes Back into a skit.

OurGloriousLeader:
And for christ sake, halo has an energy sword - THAT'S BASICALLY A LIGHTSABER, HOW COULD YOU NOT INCLUDE THAT?

You have to remember that these guys are on a budget when getting the figures. I just looked up quickly on Google and found the Arbiter in the Halo 2 series of figures comes with an energy sword. Guess how much the figure was. $100. So yea, keep in mind price is a big factor.

Also, if they created their own energy sword I am sure there would have been backlash. Just remember that if the figure or accessory isn't available to us, it isn't available to them.

What I really want to see in the future is a Castle Crashers Kung Fu Grip.

[quote=Rogue 09]You know what? Good Job. I was kinda iffy on it at first (Everyone knows Stormtroopers -> Spartans. You see stormtroopers take crap from scummy aliens? *BAM* One blaster bolt to the skull. All but one Spartan was wiped out by the covenant, and he has a fetish for computer circuits, so how competent can he be?)/quote]

What do you call the Ewoks if not aliens? How about Admiral Ackbar?

Freakin hilarious!!

This fails worse than the people that play halo. I've seen 5 year olds do more imaginative things than this.

This is supposed to be funny? I found it stupid, repetitive, and all and all not very tasteful. This is in my eyes, a video form of control-alt-delete. But that's opening up another can of worms, I'm not aiming to start anything here.
So far none of the Kung Fu Grips have made me laugh once. It seems like very juvenile humor, something I'd find funny in junior high. Which is strange because the escapist has proven itself to be very mature otherwise.

But ask yourself, is this ANY different from the other kung fu grips? all it boils down to are tasteless preteen jokes and action figures getting shot. find a better writer...

Funny break from the annoyances of everyday life. Keep up the great work!

Best Star Wars Halo video EVER!

I liked it, well done.

And to the poster that commented about the correlation between registering on the Escapist site, and positive comments about Kung Fu Grip ... well, duh. The Fine Brothers are not a new commodity. They've been featured on Youtube, they've been featured on Myspace, they already had a collection of fans. Once they came to the Escapist, the fans followed too.

More varity, good enough for a smile but not a "LOL"

"Now lets see the battles of Halo 3 is Master Chief had been replaced by Nathan Hale"

I'd watch that.

If I were to give some constructive criticism, it'd be to stop using Halo.

Indigo_Dingo:
"Now lets see the battles of Halo 3 is Master Chief had been replaced by Nathan Hale"

I'd watch that.

Constructive Criticism in my eyes is "Stop relying on tasteless gore to get laughs."

Aries_Split:

Indigo_Dingo:

I'd watch that.

Constructive Criticism in my eyes is "Stop relying on tasteless gore to get laughs."

It amounts to the same thing, don't it?

Absolutely brilliant you guys! Best parody yet! Loved the orignal music, and your special effects never cease to amaze. Keep it up, can't wait for Halo Strikes Back!

Much better than the original Star Wars.

Amazing. Middle finger in bullet holes on luke's chest.... brilliant! And the sets were incredible.

Can't wait for the next one!

Great Job Ma Friiiiends!

bluerahjah:
Wasn't nearly as funny as I hoped it'd be, but it was still pretty good

agree

milomalo:

bluerahjah:
Wasn't nearly as funny as I hoped it'd be, but it was still pretty good

agree

Double agree

The only thing I can say is ... console fan boys and halo..... Yep that sums it up. Smacktards laughing at the same ol' craptastic stuff; but without the tastic. I'd think that monkeys flinging their poo at fans (the mechanical ones with the blades for those of you who thought it was them, see **) would be more entertaining and that's just funny once. Halo is one of those games that was fun the first time. Then they made 2 and 3 which was more of the same 'ol tastic, oops, crap. So for those Halo fans, sorry, but Halo should just retire and save the rest of us from more monotony and make room for something creative, that's hasn't been homogenized to the furthest ends of blaaaaaaand that add/hd console crack heads** can't get enough of. Come on how many times can you hold down a vomit burp? Once? Any more than that and you just want to puke.

I look forward the replies, but I probably will forget that I wrote this, sorry.

Ash

Corjha:
This fails worse than the people that play halo. I've seen 5 year olds do more imaginative things than this.

"there is Halo in this video which means that Im going to Hate on it regardless of its quality."

I don't understand why people on the escapist forums Hate halo with such a burning passion

Funny As always. Can't wait to see what is next

While the Final Fantasy one is my absolute fave ever...this one was pretty darn funny too! I'm so glad that someone pointed out that the entire cast should've been killed over and over again in A New Hope...way to go on the Halo combination.

I LOVED the graphics on R2D2 and C3POs death scene! That was AWESOME!!

lukemdizzle:

Corjha:

"there is Halo in this video which means that Im going to Hate on it regardless of its quality."

I don't understand why people on the escapist forums Hate halo with such a burning passion

This video fails because it is unimaginative, repetitive, tasteless, and honestly, is exactly the same as the other Kung Fu Grips, all which boil down to juvenile humor and bad gore.

Mausenheimmer:
[quote=Rogue 09]You know what? Good Job. I was kinda iffy on it at first (Everyone knows Stormtroopers -> Spartans. You see stormtroopers take crap from scummy aliens? *BAM* One blaster bolt to the skull. All but one Spartan was wiped out by the covenant, and he has a fetish for computer circuits, so how competent can he be?)/quote]

What do you call the Ewoks if not aliens? How about Admiral Ackbar?

Ewoks were not an alien race. They were bears with hats. We all know that Bears are the single greatest threat to the human civilization since we crawled out of that premordial ooze. Oh, and the Ewoks just sat around doing nothing until Humans told them what's what.

Admiral Ackbar was clueless during the last fight. "It's a trap!" No duh, dipshit. Lando was really in charge, and owing to the fact that Home One (Admiral Ackbar's Calimari Cruiser) wasn't shown to destroy a SINGLE ship (An A-wing caused the destruction of the Executor, Millenium Falcon and X-wing took out the Death Star) I really can't give him credit for doing anything in the series.

(This is all just for arguments sake. I actually liked Ackbar, even if I like Stormtroopers more.) Dear Jesus, I am a nerd.

Mausenheimmer:
Well, there were two jokes in it. One was repeated a dozen times and the other was a lame pun. There really wasn't a need for the Spartans at all until the final joke. It could've all been done by stormtroopers. And even then it isn't that original.

Oi this guy beat me to it!

So yeah, this gets one big resounding "meh" from me.

i've read the comments here and looked a other things on this site (i just joined) and i came here because of the fine bros and i have to say that the people who comment negatively about their stuff seem to be looking for something different from what i like. i like to laugh and be silly. is this site only for serious super intellectual people who need to talk abut games like they are all professors? i mean, this video in particular is so filled with amazing sets, recreations, detailed effects, and just all around fun eye candy. is this site only for people who consider words the most important thing? c'mon, have fun! to tell you the truth, the responses of these "snobs" actually turns me off. but the fine bros are here, so I'm going to hang around for awhile.

Meh

The first scene was kind of funny, but the rest faltered.

A weak follow up to the previous episode, which convinced me to give the series another chance.

Heroes: C'mon! Let's do this!
Spartans: lolno *shoots*

And that was it. Did you really have to base every single scene around that same gag? I mean, the few real jokes that were there proved that you guys have some level of actual wit, so I don't know why you couldn't have gone for a little more variety. Was that supposed to be the point? The actual characters pull all these ridiculous stunts and silly tricks, when the spartans don't bother with such flippery, and just shoot when they have the chance? That's nice, but you could still have been a little more inventive. It got rather stale.

Crinkle60:
i've read the comments here and looked a other things on this site (i just joined) and i came here because of the fine bros and i have to say that the people who comment negatively about their stuff seem to be looking for something different from what i like. i like to laugh and be silly. is this site only for serious super intellectual people who need to talk abut games like they are all professors? i mean, this video in particular is so filled with amazing sets, recreations, detailed effects, and just all around fun eye candy. is this site only for people who consider words the most important thing? c'mon, have fun! to tell you the truth, the responses of these "snobs" actually turns me off. but the fine bros are here, so I'm going to hang around for awhile.

It's a little short-sighted to assume that just because some people don't fall into fits of laughter when faced with bog-standard slapstick humour, that they're ridiculously serious and can't let themselves loosen up. Some people like a little subtlety. It's that simple, really.

Not that I'm disagreeing with you. This site has more than its fair share of pretentious twats. It's just that it's not a very good idea to try and judge a community off its reaction to a comedy series.

Crinkle60:

well said

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or