Unskippable: Grandia III

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

XD I completely lost it when I found out that was that guy's mom! Haha! That's just so fucking wrong and funny! Haha! Anime is weird man...

I hate to sound like a broken record, but I keep coming back to wanting you guys to be able to Riff an entire game, 5-7 min episodes leave me wanting so much more. I still think you guys should do games episodically.

Or, later on down the road you could do a "Grandia III: Continuation" or "Revisited" special. Or even "Grandia III - This Time It's Personal!" then have a huge explosion in the background or something like that, so you could do more Riffing on an already Riffed game.

All I'm saying is there's allot of room for potential here and I hope you guys make them most of it.

PS: You guys in the market for more voice actors? I still think your voice acting has allot of room for improvement.

When this baby hits 88mph,
When this baby hits 88mph,

"Hey look I'm a flower!"
"Shut up, I am too"

"Hey Bob, Im a flower! So am I. Shut up!"

Epic!

JakubK666:
Sad thing is, until the revelation I was like "I'd totally hit that!"...

Sad thing is, after the revelation I was like "I still would."

Excellent work guys! Geez, what a crazy cutscene you found - and what an awesome job you did adding to it.
(Still waiting for 'Up the Ladder 3: Revenge of the Rungs,' though....)

Well caught change-of-dynamic there chaps, a suddenly very disturbing moment of change made very funny, well done. Another "laugh out loud, people looking at me in the office" moment. (For the record 'in the office' is not a euphamism either.)

I'm wondering if anyone in the producer's office thought to have a quiet word with the character designer(s) about indicating age though their artwork, rather than relying on the thoroughly cheesey dialog from the clearly 13 year-old script writers...

I was hoping this would give me a laugh out loud moment, and it finally has. Three, in fact!

Also, when will we get to see Up The Ladder 3 - Lord of of Rungs?

I was suprised by the mum thing too.

also the return of Eyebrows woot!

This has got to be the most awesome video ever.

References to Star Trek, Back to the Future, Project Apollo and Myst!? That's worth about a bazillion brownie points.

"Oh, well, since no one's IN HERE, I guess I'll light the plane on fire!" = epic win

5Th time i see this... and i keep laughing, this just too good. Fuck lost planet, this is #1!.
@sharj77: You pervert! (While it wouldnt be any pervert at all if you ignore the little mom thingy)

*uncontrollable crying*
*uncontrollable laughter*

There is only one phrase that can help me now.

...nice

BEST.
ONE.
EVER.

I laughed so hard at the Twilight poster and again when he says he'd never disobey his own mother. WTF?

Loved it. Some of my favorite quotes..

"Hey, I'm a flower.
Shut up so am I."

"This summer, what lies up the ladder?!!?"

"My dorsal fin, why did you cut off my dorsal fin?!?! it kept my stable in the water :'("

"Are you a mechanic, or a mechantic?"

"must protect my twilight poster, no one understands Edward like me!"

"I really hope that's not a double en tundra"

Hahaha, absolutely your best episode so far ! xD Totally cracked me up!
"Bob, I'm a flower" xD

Another excellent episode, I laughed, I cried, I ate a cookie

Would I disobey my own mother?

Mother, wait what?

Best yet!

I think you guys should start a side project and make a full length movie, kinda like how mystery science theatre did, and do an hour long run through some horrible video game.

"Worst rollercoaster ever." Or perhaps the greatest?

Eric the Orange:
quite good, so far this, DoC, and DR, are the ones that i really liked, the others not so much.

GrahamS:
Thanks everyone! I think it's really cool that everyone has different opinions of which ones are our best. Keep it interesting for us!

I should say that Grandia III (which I've actually beaten) is a really fun game. If you've got a PS2 and some spare time, I'd recommend it. Granted some of the cinematics are... well, you saw. And occasionally a character falls into a plot hole and is never heard from again, but the battle system is just too much fun. And hey, it's better paced than Eternal Sonata!

It's nice to see there is a video contributor on the escapist that dosent hate JRPGs.

Exactly. There's a reason they're still around.

I'm glad there are enough videos that they can slip in the occasional self-reference.

I lol'd at the "eyebrows" quip.

Not as good as the others but still very funny.

"Hey Yukie your moms hot"
"Hey Yukie your moms like 3 years older than you"

This just gets better and better!

This is fast overtaking ZP as my favourite Escapist feature, just for the sheer hilarity of it :)

lol
"Myst Island"
XD...am I the only one who got it???
"My dorsal fin!"

You guys have to keep doing JRPG's.

This and Dirge were the funniest ones yet.

The flowers and the whole "mom" thing were great.

I think cut-scenes that are average or better may actually make for more joke fodder.

That "mom" thing definitelt took the cake, but the whole thing was excellent.

Looks like I have a new favourite escapist series! You guys make me proud to be from Victoria!

willgreg123:
I hate to sound like a broken record, but I keep coming back to wanting you guys to be able to Riff an entire game, 5-7 min episodes leave me wanting so much more.

We'd be open to the idea of longer episodes, but for a web series, we can't go much longer or most casual viewers won't watch it. I'm glad you like it enough to want more though! Taking it as a compliment.

We may indeed revisit games we've already done, but for now there's more than enough games for us to keep it new.

"Really hope thats not a Double Ontondra"
Lol Classic

"Would I disobey my own mother?"

That is the most epic plot twist in an RPG I have ever borne witness to.

Odd, I kept getting other references in my head through this one. For instance, when they first look at the Mighty Hookah of Doom all orange and glowy there I was expecting something along the lines of a Portable Eye of Sauron, and going into the potter sequence I was sure there was going to be some sort of reference to Hairy Potter, and thence back to Eyebrows, etc.

Kid's home life must suck though.. his mom plays Hide-and-crush with him.

These just keep getting better and better

Kwil:
when they first look at the Mighty Hookah of Doom all orange and glowy there I was expecting something along the lines of a Portable Eye of Sauron

We were seriously going to do that too!
But we'd just made an "Eye of Sauron" joke in Dirge of Stairs, so...

Duck Sandwich:
"Would I disobey my own mother?"

That is the most epic plot twist in an RPG I have ever borne witness to.

I guess Graham and Paul thought that too, was pretty funny when it knocked them off-guard :D

[EDIT] If anything, Tony Hawk's Extreme Potting sounds more like a pool or snooker simulator...

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here