EA Ready to "Attack" Modern Warfare

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Jaredin:
Definetly, if anything it will push them to work harder and to make better games. Competition breeds good and fresh ideas!

Hang on guys, my cynacism sensor's tingling...

from the beta I saw my brother playing multi-player the online mode looks like a lot of fun.

I just hope the single player mode is good. I would like to see a new Medal of Honor game and see if this franchise is still good.

I love FPS. Love it, love it, love it. What I didn't love was bad company. The single player was atrocious, and the multiplayer often felt clunky and irritating to me. For what it is worth, I won't be buying Bad Company 2 right off the hop. Even if it comes out to glowing reviews, it's going to be a rent first, buy later deal. Sorry EA, but until Halo: Reach roles around, I'm rooming with Infinity Ward.
Besides, if Infinity Ward wants to keep their already huge lead, all they have to do is release DLC for Modern Warfare 2 on or around the same day that Bad Company 2 comes out.

Kalezian:

of course multiplayer sucks ass for simple reasons that are in every single online shooter of the same type.

prone, powerful sniper rifles [as in you DIE from a 12.7x99mm round, not run off and insta-heal],and overall squad gameplay

Those sound like good things... Definitely better than the assorted junk MWII has. If you think being sniped is bad, what about nuked? Or shot from a gunner plane? Or killed by a thrown knife that should never in a million years pierce kevlar by a person holding a shield that makes them practically bullet proof?

Kalezian:
, yes it was a good idea, but then again I hate how I tried to tell my team-mates about the rifleman behind him only to find out that he doesn't have a mic. not only that, but you can only talk to the 4 people in your squad, so there is no cross squad tactics you can even think about using.

if they even just fix the squad thing, I might try out the online part, but besides that, a rent for me.

FYI: Retarded team mates exist in every game that HAS team mates. Not really a good reason to evaluate a game by.

I do think that BFBC2 will be the far superior game. Far superior sales however? no. As much as a battlefield fan I am, i have to say that nothing will outsell MW2 until MW3.

War over war games...
Irony.
*Forced laughter, silence, flees*

I bet that once Bad Company 3 comes out, John Funk will call it BeeCeeThree. Which raises the question why John wasn't given the task of publishing this article so he could use his beloved Mewtwo.

But before BC3 even comes out, I'm sooo looking forward to BC2

The consumer always profits from competition.

Bad Company 1 was the game that broke me away from the Call of Duty series forever. Bad Company 2's multiplayer is already markedly superior to the original Bad Company. So much so that their only hurdle left is to prove that their capacity for creating an engaging single player campaign is equivalent.

I must agree that there will be many who do not share the love of Battlefield's more methodical approach to shooters. Fans of Halo, CoD and Unreal Tournament will likely shy away from an experience that leaves too many options and not enough camping.

dommyuk:

Coaxill:
Bad company 2 is without a doubt better than MW2 but I still hate EA. I will support IW to the end no matter what stupid shit they pull.

Despite them reducing the quality of your gaming experience, you'll let them walk all over you?

They didn't reduce the quality of my gaming experience as a whole. It was better than cod4 anyway. I'm just saying that I was supporting them since the beginning and I will never stop. You don't pull the plug on your mother when shes in the hospital just because she can't do anything.

Wandrecanada:
Bad Company 1 was the game that broke me away from the Call of Duty series forever. Bad Company 2's multiplayer is already markedly superior to the original Bad Company. So much so that their only hurdle left is to prove that their capacity for creating an engaging single player campaign is equivalent.

I must agree that there will be many who do not share the love of Battlefield's more methodical approach to shooters. Fans of Halo, CoD and Unreal Tournament will likely shy away from an experience that leaves too many options and not enough camping.

Who camps in Unreal Tournament or Halo? Furthermore, If someone camped in UT, They would lose anyway.

MW2 MP = Suck

BC2 MP = Fucking awesome...

/thread

Not going to happen, at least in my eyes. I've never really liked EA's games in the past. Who knows? Maybe this one will suprise me...

PayJ567:
I hope this outsells MW2 on pc, that would really shove it to IW. Yeah take that while you sit on your tonnes of bank notes not caring.

The 'tonnes of bank notes' prove that Infinity Ward have won, and I doubt they'd care if BW2 outsells it on the PC. In case you haven't noticed, it's owning the console market.

I don't get it, Bad company and MW2 are completely different game styles.

Yeah they're both shooters but BC is more of a tactics base and has more of a PC fanbase, MW2 isnt so much tactics as it is rush said area and it has mostly a Console fanbase.

Nevertheless im probably gunna like Battlefield better.

I saw the trailers for Bad Company 2 and it does look like a newer, shinier version of BF2 from '05.

Which is good! Because for the longest time until I sold my high-end desktop for money needed for other things, I loved Battlefield 2- and was probably the most fun I've had online playing a game ever. Its what I love about the Battlefield series. So now that I could play this spiritually similar game on my cheaper consoles! awesome!

I don't know much about this franchise, is it any good?

I thought this game was supposed to be a satire (BAD company) about stupid soldiers in the field, (I could be thinking of another game but I don't think I am) how does it expect to compete?

lets not forget that MW2 is actually really bad, i cant wait for a better multiplayer gameto come out so i can play some decent and, more importantly, fun games online

Caliostro:
[1]

Kalezian:

of course multiplayer sucks ass for simple reasons that are in every single online shooter of the same type.

prone, powerful sniper rifles [as in you DIE from a 12.7x99mm round, not run off and insta-heal],and overall squad gameplay

Those sound like good things... Definitely better than the assorted junk MWII has. If you think being sniped is bad, what about nuked? Or shot from a gunner plane? Or killed by a thrown knife that should never in a million years pierce kevlar by a person holding a shield that makes them practically bullet proof?

[2]

Kalezian:
, yes it was a good idea, but then again I hate how I tried to tell my team-mates about the rifleman behind him only to find out that he doesn't have a mic. not only that, but you can only talk to the 4 people in your squad, so there is no cross squad tactics you can even think about using.

if they even just fix the squad thing, I might try out the online part, but besides that, a rent for me.

FYI: Retarded team mates exist in every game that HAS team mates. Not really a good reason to evaluate a game by.

[1] you missed the point, BC didnt have those things unlike every game out in the market, and it gets annoying since I mainly play a sniper in most maps. While I agree about the shield part, MW2 actually does those better, since you can shoot down the plane, and sniping really consists of getting to the hghest point and hoping no one saw you climbing, unlike in BC, where its crouch behind a rock [since, you know, in the future humans have devloved to the point we cant lay down] and attempt to hit someone in the head, since hitting central mass does nothing. im pretty sure if you got hit with this:

note, the one on the far left is the 12.7x99mm.

Im pretty sure you would die if you were shot in the chest with that, not being able to run a hundred yards behind a rock and instantly inject heroin magic into your bloodstream and instantly heal all your wounds.

[2] FYI: most games allow you to talk to EVERYONE on your team, not just 4 people.

it gets pretty annoying when your trying to get someones attention without talking to them simply because they are not in your squad.

"oh hey, could you heal me real fast?......... hey over here, can you atleast pick me up in the humvee your driving that has two open slots on it?"

you see how it gets annoying, had they just scraped that idea then maybe I would think higher of the multiplayer in it.

Kalezian:

Caliostro:
[1]

Kalezian:

[2]

Kalezian:

[1] you missed the point, BC didnt have those things unlike every game out in the market, and it gets annoying since I mainly play a sniper in most maps. While I agree about the shield part, MW2 actually does those better, since you can shoot down the plane, and sniping really consists of getting to the hghest point and hoping no one saw you climbing, unlike in BC, where its crouch behind a rock [since, you know, in the future humans have devloved to the point we cant lay down] and attempt to hit someone in the head, since hitting central mass does nothing. im pretty sure if you got hit with this:

Im pretty sure you would die if you were shot in the chest with that, not being able to run a hundred yards behind a rock and instantly inject heroin magic into your bloodstream and instantly heal all your wounds.

[2] FYI: most games allow you to talk to EVERYONE on your team, not just 4 people.

it gets pretty annoying when your trying to get someones attention without talking to them simply because they are not in your squad.

"oh hey, could you heal me real fast?......... hey over here, can you atleast pick me up in the humvee your driving that has two open slots on it?"

you see how it gets annoying, had they just scraped that idea then maybe I would think higher of the multiplayer in it.

They made the squad thing optional. You can choose to be in a squad, not forced to be in one now.

ToastBuster:
snip'd

so, not being in a squad lets you talk to the entire team then? If not, my point stands.

Gilbert Munch:

PayJ567:
I hope this outsells MW2 on pc, that would really shove it to IW. Yeah take that while you sit on your tonnes of bank notes not caring.

The 'tonnes of bank notes' prove that Infinity Ward have won, and I doubt they'd care if BW2 outsells it on the PC. In case you haven't noticed, it's owning the console market.

It appears the concept of sarcasm was lost on you. I geuse its hard to convey properly without signage, or tone of voice.

EA seem less evil lately, there games seem to be less and less rip-off. This situation reminds me of something, the little developer becomes corrupt and malevolent so everyone wants the previous villain to return.

It's like Godzilla versus that-moth-thing, no one liked Godzilla, but they needed him to kill the big moth, or something I don't remember.

Anyway BC2 looks less spammy than MW2, maybe by March the CoD-tards will all metamorphosed into real gamers.

They've got a solid team noted for making a solid product and they're hoping it'll all go well.

Good luck to them, I say.

Caliostro:

Just like to step in here for a second. Shield rushers are hilariously easy to counter. You know what a matador does, right? Well, there ya go, that's all there is to it; side-step, stab in the back, or a good dosage of lead if you prefer that.

I don't think EA pose much threat. Bad Company always annoyed me.

PayJ567:

That, that, that. And our FIRST attack on COD? Hmmmm.

Well, Bad Company hands MW2 it's ass as far as multiplayer is concerned, that's for sure.

My only wish is, as a single player junkie, that I get my fill of the campaign, especially after the first one as... Well... Lacking.
But let's hope it's as funny as the first as well. :D

OptimusHagrid:
They could make Timesplitters 4. Pull it off right and it could be the dominant online console shooter.

EA, listen to this man. The multiplayer in TS:FP was EXCELLENT, and taking that online is nothing but a good idea.
Not only that, but I'm dying for some more Cortez-inspired hilarity.

I like how Battlefield seems way more balanced and smooth than the mmo-fps over there - call me modern warfare 2-

We'll see..

god people, except some flaws. all I see is "LOLOL WM2 SUXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXZZZZOORRRZZZZZZZ!!!111ONEONEONE" not what this is about which is "that will fail." sorry, just tired of everything going back to MW2 suxoring/being awesomer than everything ever.

anyway, I will buy this game already, if only to support the great first one and to tell them to make more games like it. the game looks good so far, but if the only reason they will make it is to flip the bird to infinity ward, than they lost at least some sails, including mine.

Kalezian:

Ah, thought you were implying the existence of those things was a bad thing. THAT said, while the lack of prone isn't good, it's not crucial/can live with it, specially in a game that looks as fast paced as BC2.

On the other hand, the Sniper rifle seems to take down people in one shot just fine, if you shoot in the head.

Yes, I'm well aware a 12.7x99mm anti-material round (a.k.a. .50 BMG round) should clear straight through level 3 kevlar plating like a hot cleaver through warm butter. It's created to clear through armored personnel carrier. But gameplay > realism. As far as gameplay goes, snipers should always one-hit-kill with a headshot, but not with a body shot, or in the hands of a good player they make every other weapon obsolete.

As for healing, as long as it's limited, seems pretty legitimate for a game. Remember, gameplay > realism.

Kalezian:

Ventrillo. Team speak.

But to be fair, didn't someone just mention that was entirely optional?

Kalezian:

Most games allow you to talk to EVERYONE on your team, not just 4 people.

This thing fixed that.

This is where I really believe the impetuous behind gamepads is a bad thing. There simply aren't enough buttons! In the battlefield games for PC, you had two of these. One tactical, and one general. There were around twenty different commands in all, ranging from "I need backup" and "MEDIC!!" to "Enemy Spotted" and "I need a ride!"[1]. On a gamepad there simply isn't enough buttons. That's a feature that's been cut to accommodate the gamepads, and it's a terrible omission. Now we're stuck with the retarded spotting system and no way to communicate outside of your squad.

I just hope they prove me wrong.

[1] And you know what? People obliged. If you were a lone soldier stuck out in the middle of nowhere because your transport was shot down, it was very likely that you'd get a lift very quickly. People just played as a team so much more. Even the snipers spotted things.

Its about time someone took a stand to that over rated first person grind-fest.

EA has pulled some stupid moves but it'd only be worse if Activsion did it. Then half the game would be DLC

I'm sorry, but that's hilarious. You're going to "attack" the biggest entertainment release of all time with a sequel to a spinoff of a second-tier shooter?

Okay, then!

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or