Early Modern Warfare 3 Goes For $1725 on eBay

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Sometimes i wish that sales in the games industry was actualy based on merit...

Jegsimmons:
are COD fans really that god damn stupid?

It's not just the COD fans. Gamers in general are usually really poor consumers. What other group of consumers would make a machine that's defects at a rate of 50% a success. What other group of consumers pays $3 short of new price for a used item? What other group of consumers are glad to suffer all sorts of inconveniences and loss of merchandise value so the corporate overlords can squeeze a few more bucks out of them.
If I ever got a game early, I would put it on ebay too. There's guaranteed to be some fan who has way more money than brain cells.

I actually don't mind this. The buyer bought a copy legitimately. It wasn't his fault that Kmart sold them early, if anything, it's Kmarts fault.

And this is a capitalist society, so he sold the game he bought, and made as much money as he could. I'm fine with that, it has probably made his entire year that he sold a game for that amount, and I commend him for it. But I do wonder about the guys that were furiously bidding for it...

Marter:
If I were to have bought that, I would have had to wait longer for it to ship than it would to just wait for it in stores.

I wonder if the person who bought it thought about that. If they didn't, I will sit here laughing. If they did, they still spent over $1,700 on a game that I won't buy for $10.

Yeah, just goes to show even the most dumbarse of people can get rich. I don't even understand how this person could be so ignorant to the delivery date, especially as the chance of getting it a day early is the same, if not worse. Behind what it is and the selling price - when I will see it through my door is a massive influence on where I buy my games.

Besides, that games' not even got the content or entertainment value of 40, let alone the 45 shops are selling it for; and the 20 I still wouldn't buy it for.

Jegsimmons:

CardinalPiggles:

Jegsimmons:

well no one is making an effort to prove otherwise.

I am, clearly. A little less ignorance would be appreciated too.

ignorance? hey i was a COD player up till black ops, im well aware of the mind set of the community it holds.

And yet again you are generalising. I'm a fan of CoD, but I don't consider myself one of the community because I don't like the shit-talking that goes on. Or the little kiddies that play and screech down their mics.

I'm pretty sure your pinning me as part of the community. I'd like you to stop thinking as such.

If it was a month or more away, I could almost understand. But paying a self imposed 2800% markup on a product that will be available in less time that it will take for the shipping just smacks of somebody with either way too much disposable income, or way too little common sense.

Hopefully not a combination of the two, because that would be dangerous for everyone in a 2 mile radius.

CardinalPiggles:

Jegsimmons:

CardinalPiggles:

I am, clearly. A little less ignorance would be appreciated too.

ignorance? hey i was a COD player up till black ops, im well aware of the mind set of the community it holds.

And yet again you are generalising. I'm a fan of CoD, but I don't consider myself one of the community because I don't like the shit-talking that goes on. Or the little kiddies that play and screech down their mics.

I'm pretty sure your pinning me as part of the community. I'd like you to stop thinking as such.

i am not pinning you as one of them. How ever, i still retain my over all opinion of that community having experienced it first hand.

*raises hand* Isn't the only thing you can gain from getting MW3 before everyone else the singleplayer, since you need other people for the multiplayer?

So, did someone spend 1725$, to get MW3's SINGLEPLAYER 4 days early?

...wow.

aw i thought this story was about a new game entitled "Early Modern Warfare." I just unlocked a scope for my harquebus!

It's unbelievable how much money some people are willing to pay just for bragging rights. Seriously, this has no other purpose that that. It was probably some kid who saw this and took his parent's credit card and just bought it, thinking he'll be able to play it really soon and than boast about it in front of his friends.

"Early", because shipping is instantaneous. Anyone dumb enough to buy it would end up getting it on release day anyway.

I refuse to pay 45 for MW3 fuck I'd refuse to pay 10 for it, people really are astronomically stupid if they want to pay so much for the next add on to COD 4 with more needlessly tacked on crap.

Are you seriously reporting on an obviously fake Ebay bid that won't actually be paid?

I would say utterly stupid but imagine the guy is the prince of some arabian country who can wipe his butt on $100 bills. For someone with so much money to spray around, getting it a bit early is maybe worth what is (to this hypothetical person) less cash than he spends on socks in a week

Richardplex:

So, did someone spend 1725$, to get MW3's SINGLEPLAYER 4 days early?

...wow.

There are people playing the game online already.xJawz released a video yesterday which got taken down by Activision

Doesn't amazon only deliver during work days(i.e not the weekend)? And as such he who bought it will get it EARLIEST on monday, 1 day before release... Yeah where is that escapist fail logo? Its needed!

What's more depressing about this is that there is 88 bids.

Fayathon:
SUNOFABITCH! I need money, if I had known that people were willing to shell this kind of cash for a copy of MW3 I would have found those copies and sold a whole shitload on eBay.

Yes, I am for the exploitation of the willfully stupid, why do you ask?

i second this!!!

cause I'm broke to :(

Most likely an online video gaming Reviewing company bought that copy (IGN?), so they could officially review the game before the 8th and make $5000+ on ad revenue when it hits the news stands/online on Nov 6th, and all the world's gamers google "Modern Warfare 3 news".

I am willing to pay someone $1725 dollars to get me a working DVD-DL burnt copy of the leaked Skyrim Xbox 360 Torrent, that works on any unmodded xbox 360 console, by the end of this weekend!

ha! That much coin on a Seller with a 4/5 star rating on 12 reviews. The guy probably burnt an image of the game already for himself, before selling it too. Or bought 50 of them!

I don't want to live on this planet any more.

Step 1: Unplug ethernet cord.
Step 2: Play a great game a week early.

Sure you have to pay a decent chunk of cash, but you get a great game! Personally I wouldn't pay that much to get a multiplayer game only a few days early.

That said I would have no problem paying 1700 for a great game early. I just would need it a few months, maybe even a year early.

Hi people just logging into Diablo 3, i'm already max level, and I have tons of goodies for you rich people every step of the way.

Want my strategy guide? Or a maxed axe for a level 10, 20, 30, 40? I have all of that prepared for you. Just give me that credit card. You know you want to buy my gold, afterall i'm the only guy who has it.

Wow...

I got nothing.

... Wait I do, Fanboy much.

I feel bad for the regular guy walking through the store and seeing the new COD, buys it, plays it when he gets home and has his account banned. I would think most people don't know the release date off hand and would assume if the game is on sale at a store, its okay to buy and play. They should punish the store, not the customers.

What a waste of money. Patience people- it's a virtue! Not that I will be buying this anyway. Too many other games coming out and not enough time. Curse being an adult with a full time job!

Yeah ..and thousands of people got it early for free ( cracked version of course ).
Sure you'll get banned either way if you go online, but you'll have an extra 1750 bucks in your wallet to spend it on something useful.

I smell a stolen credit card....

Honestly that's the only way I could see anybody forking over that much money.

Wel-.......wait,

Why would you buy that?
1: You'll get banned.
2: you can't play online.
3: you'd spend 1700 dollars on a crappy campaign?

I suggest a lobotomy

We have lost faith in humanity......again!

I'm pretty sure that the delivery time would mean it would arrive on the 8th anyway, and that's not even mentioning the fact that you wouldn't be able to play multiplayer.

It's very hard to imagine the sort of person who'd be willing to pay that much having that much to spend.

Who would seriously pay more than 1.5 grand than wait 4 days?!

If I had that kind of money, I would totally buy Skyrim if it were guaranteed I could play it a week/2 weeks early. IF I had that kind of money.

sooo what people cant just wait to get it A LOT cheaper?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here