Internet Petition Demands Dark Souls Drop GFWL

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 NEXT

80Maxwell08:

AnarchistAbe:
IT ISN'T OUT YET!!! How do you know it doesn't work? I have never once had an issue with GFWL.

I have had issues with it before and so have so many others. The other topic regarding this game and GFWL shows plenty of people who have issues with it. Also let me show you something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O5w0vxErA8&feature=g-user-u
The analogy is at the beginning. You are the one telling people to eat crap and deal with it.

And you are the one bitching about a product that hasn't been released. You are the one bitching about something NOBODY could possibly have the answer to. It's all speculation until it's been proven.

You can blame me for being anti-consumer all day. But, in the end, I'm just sick of the bipolar and self-righteous nature of the gaming community.

AnarchistAbe:

80Maxwell08:

AnarchistAbe:
IT ISN'T OUT YET!!! How do you know it doesn't work? I have never once had an issue with GFWL.

I have had issues with it before and so have so many others. The other topic regarding this game and GFWL shows plenty of people who have issues with it. Also let me show you something.
The analogy is at the beginning. You are the one telling people to eat crap and deal with it.

And you are the one bitching about a product that hasn't been released. You are the one bitching about something NOBODY could possibly have the answer to. It's all speculation until it's been proven.

You can blame me for being anti-consumer all day. But, in the end, I'm just sick of the bipolar and self-righteous nature of the gaming community.

The game may not have been released, but GFWL has been out for a long while and none of its issues have ever been fixed. For the most part they haven't even been addressed except to say that they realize that the platform has issues and that they'd like to fix them. What came of that statement? Fuck if I know because GFWL is still as crappy as its always been.

AnarchistAbe:
It'd be like me not having enough cookies, and you not having one. I go bake you a special cookie that takes up a lot of my time and effort. Then, you decide that I didn't use the right chocolate chips in my cookie, and you throw it in my face. Isn't that a bit of a dick move?

Well, if the chocolate chips you used were made of decayed fecal matter, then no, it wouldn't be.

shintakie10:

AnarchistAbe:

80Maxwell08:

The game may not have been released, but GFWL has been out for a long while and none of its issues have ever been fixed. For the most part they haven't even been addressed except to say that they realize that the platform has issues and that they'd like to fix them. What came of that statement? Fuck if I know because GFWL is still as crappy as its always been.

For all we know, they are patching GFWL right now in anticipation for Dark Souls. Prove me wrong.

AnarchistAbe:

80Maxwell08:

AnarchistAbe:

The game hasn't been released but GFWL has been around for years and it still doesn't work. I have seen 2 people say they haven't had problems with it. 2 people out of the couple hundred posts I have read so far. You are in the minority and I would prefer them not having a system in place that has completely wrecked people's single-player and multi-player experiences. There is a reason that one of the most popular mods for Fallout 3 is the one that removes GFWL.

Buretsu:

AnarchistAbe:
It'd be like me not having enough cookies, and you not having one. I go bake you a special cookie that takes up a lot of my time and effort. Then, you decide that I didn't use the right chocolate chips in my cookie, and you throw it in my face. Isn't that a bit of a dick move?

Well, if the chocolate chips you used were made of decayed fecal matter, then no, it wouldn't be.

Isn't that kind of trolling? You're throwing a scenario at me designed for me to fail. Obviously, I said "chocolate chips", not "fecal matter".

AnarchistAbe:

shintakie10:

AnarchistAbe:

For all we know, they are patching GFWL right now in anticipation for Dark Souls. Prove me wrong.

What an odd argument to make. Do you really believe that Microsoft, after not updatin GFWL for massive blockbusters like Fallout 3, would waste (in their minds) any amount of time fixin issues that have plagued GFWL since its inception because of a port of Dark Souls? If so you are far more of an optimist than anyone in the history of optimists.

shintakie10:
What an odd argument to make. Do you really believe that Microsoft, after not updatin GFWL for massive blockbusters like Fallout 3, would waste (in their minds) any amount of time fixin issues that have plagued GFWL since its inception because of a port of Dark Souls? If so you are far more of an optimist than anyone in the history of optimists.

Are you telling me that you TRULY see nothing wrong with the constant outrage from gamers? Even over things we ASK for, but don't like the implementation?

I'm going to paraphrase two posts I read on Destructoid yesterday that sum this up nicely:

Why in the world did they pick GFWL? GFWL live is just plain broken and it will actively discourage people from playing it. Steam works better, has a better reputation, and it will get all sorts of free advertising on the front page. This decision is baffling.

DRM is like taking a shit, nobody really likes it but we have to deal with it. However, Steam would be like a normal healthy BM that leaves you feeling relieved and you can get on with your life; where as GFWL is a gigantic, bloated, painful kind of constipation, the kind where you sometimes can't even finish, or in this case buy/access you games/saves.

AnarchistAbe:

Buretsu:

AnarchistAbe:

Isn't that kind of trolling? You're throwing a scenario at me designed for me to fail. Obviously, I said "chocolate chips", not "fecal matter".

Would you prefer "Chips of Chocolate Laxative" or "Chocolate Chips laced with poison"? Because those fit the analogy as well.

Buretsu:
Would you prefer "Chips of Chocolate Laxative" or "Chocolate Chips laced with poison"? Because those fit the analogy as well.

Now you're just being ridiculous, lol. They did something nice, and we are throwing it in their faces. If you can't see that, then there is absolutely nothing I could say to change your mind.

AnarchistAbe:

shintakie10:

Are you telling me that you TRULY see nothing wrong with the constant outrage from gamers? Even over things we ASK for, but don't like the implementation?

'

When the outrage isn't misplaced? Why yes...yes I do. I'm tired of developers takin advantage of our good will. I'm tired of publishers treatin us as little more than open wallets they can take from when they please. I'm tired of bein forced to use absolutely horrendous pieces of crap like GFWL or Origin to play my friggin games. Despite the fact that the platform actually works I'm tired of needin Steam for practically anythin that isn't usin GFWL and I'm tired of bein treated like a criminal because devs and publishers make shitty PC ports that no one buys and then blame piracy when it is their own damn fault.

I am done bein pushed around by publishers and developers that think they can get away with whatever the fuck they want. Puttin shit like GFWL when the issues are so very well documented that you'd have to purposely ignore everythin wrong with it for absolutely no reason shows such a general lack of disregard for the consumer that it comes off as little more than a gigantic middle finger to them. Sure we got our cookie that they never planned to make, but I don't have to accept a cookie while they are actively flippin me off with their other hand.

I just want there to be confirmation that the extra stuff will come to console.
I may double dip later, but if PC players get to do stuff I won't I shall be pissed.
What the fuck was that sentence even. I meant to say, I shall be pissed.

shintakie10:

AnarchistAbe:

shintakie10:

'

When the outrage isn't misplaced? Why yes...yes I do. I'm tired of developers takin advantage of our good will. I'm tired of publishers treatin us as little more than open wallets they can take from when they please. I'm tired of bein forced to use absolutely horrendous pieces of crap like GFWL or Origin to play my friggin games. Despite the fact that the platform actually works I'm tired of needin Steam for practically anythin that isn't usin GFWL and I'm tired of bein treated like a criminal because devs and publishers make shitty PC ports that no one buys and then blame piracy when it is their own damn fault.

I am done bein pushed around by publishers and developers that think they can get away with whatever the fuck they want. Puttin shit like GFWL when the issues are so very well documented that you'd have to purposely ignore everythin wrong with it for absolutely no reason shows such a general lack of disregard for the consumer that it comes off as little more than a gigantic middle finger to them. Sure we got our cookie that they never planned to make, but I don't have to accept a cookie while they are actively flippin me off with their other hand.

I will concede to this point. Partly. Whilst we should have some say, and we don't need to just lay down and take it, we should really pick our battles. If we keep whining about EVERYHTING, eventually they'll stop listening.

AnarchistAbe:
*sigh* I'm done. Is it just me, or is every news story nowadays about gamers bitching about *insert topic here*? Is it just me that sees it?

Ah, hello again! Out of curiosity, have you used GFWL?

Andy Chalk:

Before we get all dismissive, we should probably bear in mind that the PC version of Dark Souls was brought about at least in part by an earlier internet petition that attracted over 92,000 signatures. The current "No GFWL" petition is doing pretty well for itself too, garnering over 13,000 signatures in just its first day.

I can't help but think that "Steam or no sale" gamers are cutting off their buttons to spite their mice, to coin a somewhat more relevant expression, but props to them for sticking to their guns. And who knows? Given the precedent set by the "we want Dark Souls" petition, maybe Namco will listen to this one too.

Do you think anyone can be expected take a petition started by Big Mclargehuge seriously?

If the creator of the petition doesn't take their cause seriously enough not to use a joke name, can you really expect Namco-Bandai to listen to what Mr. Mclargehuge has to say, regardless of the number of "people" who agree with Mr Mclargehuge's viewpoint?

It doesn't really matter how many signatures it gets, if the very first signature on the petition is obviously fake, then the credibility of the petition is undermined and all the proceeding signatures are practically meaningless.

dogstile:

AnarchistAbe:
*sigh* I'm done. Is it just me, or is every news story nowadays about gamers bitching about *insert topic here*? Is it just me that sees it?

Yes. Yes I have. Never had any issues, actually.

*raises hand sheepishly* Uh hello everyone! I've used GFWL since I bought Dawn of War 2 and so far I haven't had any problems with it. If I may ask, what exactly is wrong with GFWL?

hazabaza1:
I may double dip later, but if PC players get to do stuff I won't I shall be pissed.

Someone under the facebook posts on this said they confirmed it will be coming to consoles as DLC. I don't know where they said this though so I can't give you a source.

Colonel Joson:
*raises hand sheepishly* Uh hello everyone! I've used GFWL since I bought Dawn of War 2 and so far I haven't had any problems with it. If I may ask, what exactly is wrong with GFWL?

Go read some of the posts on this.
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/forums/read/9.366712-Dark-Souls-PC-port-to-use-GFWL
Plenty of testimonials there.

80Maxwell08:

hazabaza1:

Someone under the facebook posts on this said they confirmed it will be coming to consoles as DLC. I don't know where they said this though so I can't give you a source.

Sweet sausage. That's something at least.

Fuck GFWL... Fuck Steam and every other online DRM system disguised as a service, too.

Fuck them sideways with splintered broomhandles.

I haven't signed the second petition because I don't want to give any publisher or developer implied approval of any DRM scheme, especially online ones, let alone asking for a specific one to be implemented.

AnarchistAbe:

dogstile:

AnarchistAbe:

Yes. Yes I have. Never had any issues, actually.

Ah right. My only issue with it is that it doesn't like letting me log in because its connected to my xbox live account which i'm not paying for anymore, which is ridiculous, because being online on the PC doesn't cost anything.

dogstile:
because being online on the PC doesn't cost anything.

Heh... remember when GFWL first came out and they tried offering a subscription level account as well?

Laugh? I nearly shat.

AnarchistAbe:

Buretsu:

Now you're just being ridiculous, lol. They did something nice, and we are throwing it in their faces. If you can't see that, then there is absolutely nothing I could say to change your mind.

They did something nice, yes, but they did it in a bad way which ultimately diminishes the gesture.

AnarchistAbe:
If we keep whining about EVERYHTING, eventually they'll stop listening.

I think you are deluded, they aren't doing a PC port because they are nice chaps that love PC gamers. Namco is a company, they care about making money more than pleasing PC gamers, the descition making due they being a company is more like "How can we further profit from Dark Souls?" -> "Making a sequel, spinoffs, ports" -> "Which one can yield the largest profits for our current aviliable resources?" -> "Seeing the interest for it, probably PC port"

They didn't "listened" to PC gamers because we are smart and handsome, but because it is a nice buisness oportunity that will occupy resources that they have aviliable. That's why i singed that petition, it's telling em "stop being stupid, go steam because it is better for me and will give you more dought". Not likely going to happen though, and i will buy the game regardless, i just hope Namco will learn not to be stupid in the future.

I'd buy it either way.

However, I sincerely hope that they remove GFWL.

They already have my purchase, Let's work on improving the quality of the user's experience.

shintakie10:

AnarchistAbe:

Then you are in the minority. GFWL is a horrible piece of cow dung that isn't supported by the very people who created the damn thing. Its match makin system are god awful. Its connectivity issues are worse than anythin I have ever seen.

GFWL is so bad I would truly and totally take Ubisoft DRM over it because at least with how god awful Ubidrm is, I know that the blasted thing will actually work when I want it to work (unless they move authentication servers) whereas with GFWL the only thin I know is that I might be able to play a online if I pray really really hard.

From this sentence it seems that you have not used GFWL either. 1) It does not have a matchmaking system any different that any other PC game. Each game has it's own matchmaking system, your GFWL account is just like your steam account. PERIOD. The only thing is you can't change your name whenever you please. Boo Hoo. Connectivity issues must only be a problem most of you are blaming on it rather than your sketchy net, because I have never once disconnected, and Steam goes down for maintenance or crashes unannounced around twice a week, so it's not any better. Hell GFWL is actually BETTER than steam because you can play offline without having to set it to offline mode before you log off of a session where steam is online and where if something unexpected downs your internet, you're not logged in to Steam and you didn't have foresight, you're screwed out of all of your games. THAT is terrible DRM if you ask me (I love steam to death but this is an irrefutable fact).

The only difference that GFWL will make on this game is LIVE achievements, which some of us enjoy getting because they make a more visible difference than the pointless steam achievements, and that you will have to wait an additional 2 seconds for it to log you in automatically and then disappear behind the game to never bother you again unless you want it. It's not a bad service at all. All that's going on is a bandwagon hatred of Microsoft which might have been justified 6 years ago but has no basis in today's GFWL.

Careful guys, if you keep this up people might start to think PC gamers are spoiled and entitled or something.

You got your freakin' port and you're getting bonus bosses as well. Quit crying for half a sec and try actually enjoying what you got.

I'm tempted to start a petition to From Software called the "Ignore the PC gamers" petition, because if they spend all their time catering for the PC crowd I'll probably never see a new Souls game since they'll never be satisfied. What's more annoying is that if I claim to be a PC gamer when I do I'll probably get tons of support for the petition.

I understand that GFWL is an abomination, but this seems a little ungrateful. We have the game, we will be able to buy it, install it and do what we've always done with GFWL titles: use workarounds and dodgy .exe's to run it without the piece of crap having inconvenienced us for more than a few minutes.

Namco,listen up!
The only reason you let From Software to even bother making a PC version and funding them to hassle for it is to make money from more people.However you WILL LOSE A LOT of buyers just because you're making them use this awful service.If you believe MS can pay you enough think again.Besides once on Steam,always on Steam,you'll see how its sales never die off completely.

Why is it "gamer entitlement" whenever we don't like something and give voice to it? This is the only industry where people will seriously tell you with a straight face that people who complain feel entitled. If this was an article about how meat companies were going to start putting fiber into the meat and sell it for the same value, at the same weight, people would be up in arms.

Or better yet, how about having some company in the movie industry stating that you can only watch the blu-rays of their movie on a single company's blu-ray player. And this particular company's blu-ray player is known for shitty play-back, constant freezes, and maybe even scratching discs. I doubt people would start saying "movier entitlement" then...

I can't help but feel that Namco has been lied to about how good GFWL really is. I mean, they are a Japanise company, how are they ment to know what we prefer over here?

I've never had a problem with GFWL, myself. I wonder how many of the petitioners are only opposed because they're anti-Microsoft/Valve-fanboys.

80Maxwell08:

RaikuFA:
You guys...

You got your port. Be happy with that. Us Tales fans can't even get a petition through.

You just got Tales of Graces F and didn't that sell pretty well all things considered? Also didn't Namco Bandai trademark Tales of Xillia for the U.S. and Europe recently? Also there's no point in a bad port especially if that port uses a service known to just delete saves at random.

Namco trademarks every Tales of title cause they were butthurt that Eternia was already taken. They waste so much on trademarking yet no localization...

-Set GFWL to automatically log in with all needed details
-GFWL fails to log in
-logs in manually
-downloads update
-doesn't patch correctly
-restarts GFWL
-doesn't log in again
-manual login
-redownloads patch
-have to reset to automatically login again
-then manually log in

ad nausium, ad infinium