Assassin's Creed Lawsuit Author Gets Amazon-Bombed

Pages PREV 1 2

Of course it's getting bombed. Because the gaming community is a bunch of children. The press. The gamers. The publishers. The developers. All a bunch of pathetic emotionally stunted man-children.

Every time I see shit like this it makes me question why I continue to pursue gaming as a hobby since even though I am a well adjusted adult male I will be guilty by association with assclowns.

Keoul:

Brian Hendershot:
Didn't his book come out before? Just wondering there.

Anyways, the whole thing seems dumb. He shouldn't have opened his mouth/sued and people shouldn't amazon bomb him. The whole Amazon bomb thing only reinforces the idea that gamers are a bunch of self-entitled man-children...

How does this have anything to do with self-entitlement? It's just gamers defending the developers very very aggressively. Did you really have to bring the Mass Effect fiasco into this?

I didn't bring Mass Effect 3 into this at all. When did I say "Mass Effect"?

And it's not them defending things aggressively. It's gamers being childish, thinking they are always right. There isn't anything honorable or even correct about bombing something. It only garners the recipient negative attention and makes people assume we can only express our opinions via childish acts.

Brian Hendershot:

I didn't bring Mass Effect 3 into this at all. When did I say "Mass Effect"?

And it's not them defending things aggressively. It's gamers being childish, thinking they are always right. There isn't anything honorable or even correct about bombing something. It only garners the recipient negative attention and makes people assume we can only express our opinions via childish acts.

When else have gamers ever been called entitled? and what are they "entitled" to today? to badly rate a book on amazon? there isn't any entitlement issues, sure there's them being childish but there is absolutely no entitlement issues going on here.
Besides, this seems more like a nasty prank than a big deal, was his book even that popular anyway? if anything this "childish act" just gave that book more attention and any intelligent person "you know, if they read the news article" would see that the reviews are fake and can judge for themselves if it's a good book or not"

Sorry if I sound a tad aggressive but I'm really really against the whole outlook that gamers are entitled little babies that need everything made to their perfect specifications.

Honestly, the bombing is dumb, but the dipshit's lawsuit just reminds me of another john, but from the room movie.com as portrayed by the nostalgia critic.

for those curious, i'll save you the trouble of looking for it - http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/26252-the-tommy-wiseau-show from about the 5 minute mark

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here