Hades 2 on Nintendo Switch
Screenshot via Supergiant Games

Is Hades 2 Coming to Nintendo Switch?

Can Switch players get access to the sequel?

Hades 2 surprised everyone earlier this week, shadowdropping on Steam and the Epic Games Store in Early Access. At the time of writing, only PC players can play the highly anticipated sequel, but is Hades II coming to Nintendo Switch? Here’s what you need to know.

Recommended Videos

Hades 2 on Nintendo Switch – What You Need to Know

Hades 2 released via a shadowdrop on May 6. Image via Supergiant Games

Unfortunately, for Nintendo Switch fans, Hades 2 doesn’t have a concrete release date for consoles as of yet. With the game just released into Early Access on PC, the developers are more focused on shoring up the game in the short run rather than developing ports for the various consoles.

Moreover, the developers haven’t officially stated that Hades 2 will eventually come to consoles. While the original Hades is available on the Switch, PlayStation, and Xbox, there’s currently no guarantee the sequel will follow the same trend. If a console release does happen, though, it will likely come at the end of the game’s Early Access period. Hades 2 plans to be in Early Access through 2024, so a potential console release won’t happen until at least 2025.

How to Play Hades 2

For now, you can buy Hades II for $30 on either Steam or the Epic Games Store. The game is also Steam Deck verified, so that’s certainly an option for any fans of portable gaming. It might not be as accessible as the Switch, but Hades 2 does seem to run well on Steam Deck. As the game is in Early Access, though, you should expect some performance issues and other bugs to be present.

Hopefully, we’ll hear more about Supergiant Games’ plans for a console release, but for now, your only option is to buy Hades 2 on PC via Steam or the Epic Games Store.

The Escapist is supported by our audience. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn a small affiliate commission. Learn more
related content
Read Article Will There Be A Train To The End Of The World Anime Season 2?
The characters of Train To The End of the World on top of the train
Read Article Is There A My Hero Academia Season 5 Release Date On Netflix?
Deku smiles
Read Article When Did My Hero Academia Come Out? Anime & Manga Start Dates
A plethora of characters from My Hero Academia facing to the left while ready to fight.
Related Content
Read Article Will There Be A Train To The End Of The World Anime Season 2?
The characters of Train To The End of the World on top of the train
Read Article Is There A My Hero Academia Season 5 Release Date On Netflix?
Deku smiles
Read Article When Did My Hero Academia Come Out? Anime & Manga Start Dates
A plethora of characters from My Hero Academia facing to the left while ready to fight.
Author
Joey Carr
Joey Carr is a Staff Writer at The Escapist. He has over seven years of experience in the video game industry as a writer, editor, and content manager covering a wide range of genres and titles. Specifically, Joey covers Call of Duty, other multiplayer titles, and new game releases. You can find some of his previous work on Upcomer, Dot Esports, GameSpot, and more gaming sites.