Terminal Reality Reveals Walking Dead FPS Footage

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Shadow-Phoenix:
That and the current WD game has been quite over-hyped.

Hey, most AAA games that come out now are OK at best when it comes to writing. As much as I love Halo, I admit it's pretty stupid sometimes. When something like The Walking Dead comes along, something with an amazing story and characters, something that is pretty freaking heartrending at times, it deserves to be talked about.

By the way, props to you for having a Mayhem avatar. I freaking love Renard's music.

OT: Even if this is just leaked footage of the pre-alpha, still doesn't look too interesting to me. Just a generic zombie FPS. I hope it gets better, but I doubt it will.

Gearhead mk2:
[quote="Shadow-Phoenix" post="7.397518.16229471"]When something like The Walking Dead comes along, something with an amazing story and characters, something that is pretty freaking heartrending at times, it deserves to be talked about.

OT: Even if this is just leaked footage of the pre-alpha, still doesn't look too interesting to me. Just a generic zombie FPS. I hope it gets better, but I doubt it will.

Agree wholeheartedly. This doesn't look very good to me, Pre-Alpha or whatever stage it's in. Frankly, the current Walking Dead isn't overhyped because it's a game changer in a lot of ways. It's doing something different much like Halo did for FPS or Mass Effect did for story telling in games. The comparison to L4D is rather unavoidable, but I do hope and think it will be a game in it's own right. It won't be for everyone, but that doesn't mean disliking it's current iteration means you are a QTE lover or blindly hating it. The Walking Dead game currently is known more for it's story telling than QTEs.

saw this on the tgs podcast and wondered why it was so badly presented, jesse described it as "someones first attempt at a youtube video" and apparently it was.

Shaevar:
http://penny-arcade.com/report/editorial-article/the-walking-dead-trailer-we-ran-earlier-is-a-fake-our-apologies-and-an-expl

There you go. This was a prototype, never meant to be a trailer.

If that's the case, that makes the footage even worse.

The game's due out next year (most accounts seem to peg it for a spring release), and the game's still in pre-alpha? It doesn't matter whether they intended it for "promotion" or not, because they showed it online (on IGN's YT channel) and expected people to get hyped for it.

There seem to be a lot of problems, not just with the game itself but with the way it's being promoted. I mentioned this in another article, but in said IGN preview, the lead gameplay developer seemed to have no clue what anything in the game was about (he kept calling Merle "Meryl", and indicating that zombie bites aren't fatal like they are in the TV series... what?). If the footage is really just a prototype right now, it's going to be garbage when it comes out next year.

Terminal Reality? I haven't heard of them since playing that weird space shooter-type thing Terminal Velocity. Back in Duke Nukem 3D days, that was.

Real game. Look it up.

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or