Connecticut Town Cancels Videogame Cull

Pages PREV 1 2

lunavixen:

Triaed:

What IS the real problem?

I think it is a lack of proper treatment and care for the mentally ill, mental health services in America (from what i've seen and heard) are a joke. i've never been involved with the mental health services here in Australia, so i don't know what it's like

That,aand some people don't to take responsibility,so they find an easy scrapegoat. Sick of it,really. Here's an idea: Look at the psychology of the kid, BEFORE you jump on the hate bandwagon,ok?

The Connecticut town says it has accomplished its goals of "raising awareness.

Wait... Raising awareness for what? Scapegoating an easy target in order to avoid adressing a far more complex issue that requires intense attention, effort and may even require changing ourselves?

Well if raising awareness of the effectiveness of using misdirection to avoid responsibility in the court of public opinion was the mission, well then...

GamerMage:

lunavixen:

Triaed:

What IS the real problem?

I think it is a lack of proper treatment and care for the mentally ill, mental health services in America (from what i've seen and heard) are a joke. i've never been involved with the mental health services here in Australia, so i don't know what it's like

That,aand some people don't to take responsibility,so they find an easy scrapegoat. Sick of it,really. Here's an idea: Look at the psychology of the kid, BEFORE you jump on the hate bandwagon,ok?

i agree, but people won't do that when there is something easier to blame, something that can get more attention

Their goal was to "raise awareness" for something they feel is actively harming America?

And they certainly did "start conversations at home", but not the kind I think they meant to inspire. Good call on their part to attempt to bow out with dignity. Didn't work, but was a nice attempt just the same.

Can anyone else hear the word 'Cop-Out' being yelled?

lunavixen:

GamerMage:

lunavixen:

i agree, but people won't do that when there is something easier to blame, something that can get more attention

'Tis true,yes. I hear Obama wants research into vidoe game violence,which I guess is nice sentiment;but I also hear it's just 10 mil for the budget. Kind of comes off as a menas of looking like they're doing more than they actually are.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here