White House Rejects Death Star Petition

Pages PREV 1 2

You know, this is probably for the best. I mean, the Death Star was blown up twice. And if we built one, it's not like any alien invaders couldn't check out our available history and learn immediately, from the source, how to destroy our best defense. The worst part is, they wouldn't even need the lives of many Bothans to recover the information, so they luck out there.

too bad the terms of participation don't say anything about rejecting obvious joke petitions. sure makes for an intersting read, but if i was an american i might be bothered by the thought that whoever wrote this was probably payed with my tax money

frobalt:

OhJohnNo:

Arcane Azmadi:

Dude, I can't even take you seriously and I'm one of the same "fanboy community" that came up with this nonsense! Build a massive orbital weapons platform that'd cost as much as the planet, probably not even be scientifically feasible and would have a billion and one things that could go wrong with it, just because it would be cool? Why the hell would you want a massive orbital defence platform anyway? So America can take over the world as "divine right" dictates? You know manifest destiny went out of fashion years ago, right?

Just because a petition gets tens of thousands of signatures doesn't mean it's not a crackpot idea. You should be happy they replied with as much good humour as they did.

As if we needed more proof that certain Escapists can't take a bloody joke.

Even though I realised it was a joke as well, the sad fact it, some people can actually be stupid enough to say things like that and not be joking. It's not always so easy to tell on the internet.

Yup. If I didn't get a joke, it was because it sounded so completely plausible that someone would be dumb enough to say that.

2fish:

Quazimofo:

2fish:

We can't have equal rights, I doubt we will ever matter.

Anyway I would rather we had an Emperor class battleship.

img snip

Words words words, and some going for more reasonably sized (1-2km for the largest of the ships).

WORDS
words. Much more practical too, since we can use that to start colonizing stuff. The only downside is words.

Bla bla reasonable points I agree to blah.

I have but one retort.

Oh yeah? Well how is he gonna beat up Sidious when he has been pouting on his high chair for 10,000 years because his son was a rebellious teenager?

OH YEAH! I WENT THERE!

BehattedWanderer:
You know, this is probably for the best. I mean, the Death Star was blown up twice. And if we built one, it's not like any alien invaders couldn't check out our available history and learn immediately, from the source, how to destroy our best defense. The worst part is, they wouldn't even need the lives of many Bothans to recover the information, so they luck out there.

It probably wouldn't even cost them 1 Bothan to get the info. All they have to do is pirate a copy of "A New Hope", and figure it out.

Quazimofo:
words words words this is getting silly WORDS!

Oh yeah? Well how is he gonna beat up Sidious when he has been pouting on his high chair for 10,000 years because his son was a rebellious teenager?

OH YEAH! I WENT THERE!

He has been on vacation, nothing worthy of his effort in the 40k universe. He has been playing warhammer fantasy.

I swear whis is gonna be one of those nerd fights where no one can win due to the fact that we are all too blind to see we are all wrong.

2fish:

Quazimofo:
words words words this is getting silly WORDS!

OH YEAH! I WENT THERE!

He has been on vacation, nothing worthy of his effort in the 40k universe. He has been playing warhammer fantasy.

I swear whis is gonna be one of those nerd fights where no one can win due to the fact that we are all too blind to see we are all wrong.

Oh, so that's where he went. Huh.
Eh whatever. I was just trying to play this for laughs at this point, since a lot of these "nerd fights" are pretty damn hilarious, or at least can be, but I can't think of anywhere to go with the fantasy vacation since I only recently got into fantasy and am much less well versed in the lore.

Quazimofo:

BehattedWanderer:

It probably wouldn't even cost them 1 Bothan to get the info. All they have to do is pirate a copy of "A New Hope", and figure it out.

More or less exactly what I meant. Glad you picked up on that.

I love that they took the chance to officially respond AND use it as an opportunity to support STEM projects.

Would definitely be interesting to see the political fall out of Obama supporting galaxy wide destruction, LOL.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here