Update: Halo Trilogy Appears and Then Vanishes From Steam Database

Pages PREV 1 2

Klonoa Prower:
If that screen grab is all the evidence you have to support this... then it's really not all that much, since something like that could be easily edited to show that any game might have been on Steam's database. And then all of a sudden removing that information? That seems silly suspicious to me.

Nope, it was there, someone posted about it in the gaming discussion shortly after the leak surfaced and I checked immediately, was able to get onto the Halo 3 hub, and in the perfect style of the internet it was just full of spammers and trolls typing misspelt all caps rage comments and the like, but it was definitely there.

Well Microsoft just cancelled this good idea. I think they might release it through Games for Windows Live.

I'll be honest.. i would be excited to get halo 3 and play it multiplayer on my pc..

I just wish they ported over red dead redemption.... :(

Halo 3 on PC, With true HD, several hundred FPS, and Modded Multiplayer maps? Dear god Yes

All of my yes

(It just better have all the DLC and not be Full price)

EDIT: Damnit MS, why cant you see you'd make a (even bigger) fortune having this on PC too?

im hoping this means they have finally given up on games for windows live i bought one game and was forced to use it, never again

Oh, god. Quantum Conundrum is getting a sequel? Really? I mean, I'll admit that I've played worse games, but I've never seen a design decision as stupid as making a puzzle game that mostly consists of reflex-based execution challenges instead of, you know, puzzles.

I really don't care if halo ends up on steam, I want to get verification if/when Fez will show up

Halo 2 multiplayer may make a comeback (it already has a PC version, but I doubt many people remember it exists). Were those King of Fighters titles ever on the PC before? I kind of doubt it.

Halo 3 for PC with offline split-screen multiplayer and all DLC included might get some of my money, if not all of it.

SomebodyNowhere:
I really don't care if halo ends up on steam, I want to get verification if/when Fez will show up

Based on current development times? 2019.

wait, what??? halo 3 will come out for pc??? damn, about time if its true. still pissed off that they left us pc gamers in the rain with the first 2 games and we have to hear from the xboxers how it ends.
duke nukem sounds great as well.

I guess this means Microsoft is intending to put its Halo games on the PC after all. They just don't want to do it until after they have completely milked the games on the Xbox consoles.

Just look at Halo 2. It was YEARS before it appeared on the PC, and only now is Halo 3 appearing on the PC.

I guess that means it will still be years until Halo 4 appears on the PC as well. I also wonder if the other Halo games that aren't a part of the main trilogy/series will appear on PC.

-Second Life (I can see the appeal, but it doesn't appeal directly)
-Angry Birds Space/Seasons (no standard? Well, it's moving up in the world, at any rate)
-The King of Fighters '98, 2002, XIII (heck yeah! I've wanted to play KoF for a while. I'll probably suck at it, but still)
-La-Mulana (I already bought it on GoG, and I would buy it again on Steam if I was someone who did that regularly)
-Fez (hmm...apparently, Microhard's exclusivity just ended)
-Halo CE, 2 and 3 (speaking of...it's possible that they're just trying to spread it around by saying 'we're not doing this, really')
-Resident Evil: Revelations (that got a PC version?)
-Quantum Conundrum 2 (I didn't know it did well enough for a sequel)
-Everything else (not really interested, though it's nice to see a few more games on Steam)

Halo community coming to PCs? even LOL does not have servers big enough to put all the idiots in, they will leak :(

Aww that sucks, I would by Halo 3 on PC in a heartbeat but it seems like it isn't to be

Fappy:
Halo 2 multiplayer may make a comeback (it already has a PC version, but I doubt many people remember it exists).

I couldn't even tell you how happy this would make me. I loved that multiplayer. Especially the CTF rule set.

Come on Microsoft, you have nothing to lose. Do it!

The real question here is why Microsoft would want anything to do with steam?

Halo on Steam?
Well, maybe I'll be finally getting it.

If ODST gets put on PC, I would gladly purchase it.

Akratus:

Why not? It's a service that many people use despite being a form of DRM. Unless they want 100% of the income from the sales, they have nothing to lose.

Lovely Mixture:

Akratus:

Why not? It's a service that many people use despite being a form of DRM. Unless they want 100% of the income from the sales, they have nothing to lose.

Besides siding with a competitor to GFWL?

Akratus:

Lovely Mixture:

Akratus:

More sales for them regardless. Some people flat out refuse GFWL.

Lovely Mixture:

Akratus:

Lovely Mixture:

More sales for them regardless. Some people flat out refuse GFWL.

But companies aren't that smart! What is it opposite day?! They'd jam some dlc's, drm, exclusives etc. into gfwl, and market the shit out of it, not side with a competing service because you find it better!

I personally would love for microsoft and other companies to jump onto steam, but that seemed impossible just 2 days ago!

Akratus:

But companies aren't that smart!

Ok, fair enough.

Akratus:

What is it opposite day?! They'd jam some dlc's, drm, exclusives etc. into gfwl, and market the shit out of it, not side with a competing service because you find it better!

Well I'm not doubting that, and I'm not saying they are going to try to appeal to everyone, but I'm just saying that there aren't any truly negative economic factors that are stopping them from doing so.

Akratus:

I personally would love for microsoft and other companies to jump onto steam, but that seemed impossible just 2 days ago!

Well Microsoft Game Studios already has a couple titles on Steam, so it wouldn't be completely out of the blue.

FFP2:

Quantum Conundrum 2

Wait, it did well enough to get a sequel? Yay!

I don't see the point in Halo 3 being on there... Isn't it like 4 games old? Why not put 4/Reach?

My guess (assuming of course that this is truly happening)? Microsoft is done milking Halo 3. They can put it on the PC without having to fear losing a selling point. Reach and 4 are too new for that.

So I got a lot of people that quoted me... Just wanna say that I understand the situation a bit better now so thanks:)

MS should do the Cross-buy system that Sony does. Buy GoW: Judgement for 360 and get it on PC for free. Only for games that MS publishes/develops though. I'm sure it will give them massive goodwill from both 360 and PC gamers.

Goddamnit Microsoft.

I play it the way it was intended, on the Xbox/Xbox 360. If you greedy bastards give the games out on Steam, at least for the love of Odin's eye don't let the PC people play online with us.

Awww, no Halo for steam? Your loss microsoft, i would have gladly joined in on those 6 "the last fights". Really, i would have enjoyed stomping some console face in multiplayer even....Oh well. We cant all be marketing gods. Im sure someone will understand your folly.

Man, hope this is real, I'm so freaking excited. . . for a Steam Port of You Have To Cut The Rope xD

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here