New Borderlands 2 DLC Leaks Thanks to Sleepy Devs

Pages 1 2 NEXT

New Borderlands 2 DLC Leaks Thanks to Sleepy Devs

Tiny Tinas Assault On Dragon Keep

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep will bring roleplaying madness to Borderlands 2 this June.

It all started with a tweet from Borderlands writer Anthony Burch showing a picture of Gearbox PR rep Steve Gibson sneaking a nap. Partially concealed behind the couch was a poster for an unreleased bit of Borderlands 2 entitled "Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep". The tweet was quickly pulled, but not before StealthyBox grabbed a screenshot. With the proverbial psycho midget out of his crate, Gearbox decided to officially reveal it later that day, confirming that the fourth and possibly final piece of DLC is coming this summer.

Observant consumers of games journalism might recall that just such a product was teased at PAX East. A short 3-minute clip showed the original vault hunters hunkered over a holo-board as the world's deadliest 13-year-old attempts to lead them through a game of "Bunkers & Badasses". True to the teaser, you'll play characters being role-played by other characters, while Tina narrates the action and changes boss attributes and monsters on the fly.

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep will be the fourth DLC pack released for Borderlands 2. It follows Captain Scarlett and Her Pirate's Booty, Mr. Torgue's Campaign of Carnage and Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt. While the season pass only mentioned four addons, Gearbox has yet to confirm that Tina's roleplaying excursion will be the final one.

Tiny Tina's Assault on Dragon Keep will launch on June 25th for Steam, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 and will cost 800 MS points or $10. Of course if you're a season pass owner, you'll receive this last bit of goodness for free.

Source: StealthyBox

Wish they used the title "Bunkers and Badasses"...

Still, I'm Hype. :D

Absolutely love the idea.

Now if only it wasn't being done in Borderlands...

Can't wait, but first: Krieg, can't wait to terrorize Pandora as him.

"Role for intuitive SUCKERS!"
Tina is adorable. I need to get back to this game, but it's a pain tanking on your own :(

Now here's the real question: will we get more pre-determined level-increasing goodness akin to the first game, or will it be shoehorned into the game just to shut the people like the first level increase was?

Also, Tiny Tina for 7th Vault Hunter.

Parakeettheprawn:

Would you rather it for Aliens: Colonial Marines?

>.>

SageRuffin:
Now here's the real question: will we get more pre-determined level-increasing goodness akin to the first game, or will it be shoehorned into the game just to shut the people like the first level increase was?

That wouldn't work considering that you get missions from her. Could work for Borderlands 3 though. What would her class be?

Zachary Amaranth:

Parakeettheprawn:

>.>

Honestly? Yeah, maybe. Hell, it'd be more fun in that game, as they could make fun of all the problems, while in Borderlands it'll just remind me that I'm still playing a game more boring than doing accounting. And I literally mean that -- I've been studying accounting, and it's actually more entertaining for me.

kailus13:

SageRuffin:

That wouldn't work considering that you get missions from her. Could work for Borderlands 3 though. What would her class be?

Mad Bomber

Action skill: BOOM!
when active it increases her speed and she drops a bomb at her feet every second while it's active (say 10 second duration to start with). different skills in her trees determine what kind of bombs.

This is the DLC "leak" equivalent of "lol bae caught me slippin".

You know, I'm seriously disappointed that we'll never get a DLC where we storm the Hyperion Mothership.
The thing has been hovering near the moon the entire game, we should have been able to blow it up at some point.

TheSYLOH:
You know, I'm seriously disappointed that we'll never get a DLC where we storm the Hyperion Mothership.
The thing has been hovering near the moon the entire game, we should have been able to blow it up at some point.

I was thinking mostly the same thing. I would have loved to visit that space station and cause havoc. Maybe in post season DLC or something..

kailus13:

SageRuffin:

hyperactive demolitionist sociopath.

primary ability? explosive stuffed animals.

imagine sitting down a plush unicorn and it explodes into dozens of smaller, more explosive stuffed bunnies.

or, maybe the animal changes every time you use the ability.

Also, with Roland dead, how exactly are they going to have the four original vault hunters be the peanut gallery?

deus ex machina? flashback?

will Claptrap be the Roland replacement?

TheSYLOH:

I absolutely agree. With Hammerlock's Hunt I was hoping that we may get to see more of our favourite character (spoilered just in case) but literally nothing happened. I was really disappointed, they could have done so much with it. It would be great to actually get to expand the main story more, since it is really one of the best things about BL2.

I can't get excited about this. Gearbox has let me down too many times. Still, nice to see a company supporting their games with new content.

Diablo1099:

I was hoping it was actually going to be called "Tiny Tina's Racism Adventure".

Assassin Xaero:

Diablo1099:

You think Tiny Tina is racist?

Natural 20. Suck on that!

The video with them playing B&B is hilarious. I hope this is the best dlc yet, with a theme like that, I'm optimistic. It also helps that I enjoyed all the other dlc.

DVS BSTrD:
"Role for intuitive SUCKERS!"
Tina is adorable. I need to get back to this game, but it's a pain tanking on your own :(

Or, better yet, find a group to do play some gold old fashioned RPGs (bonus points for borderlands setting, then you re-enact the framing device of roleplaying people roleplaying people).

Anyway, it's always fun to see this idea crop up in games. Something about actual adventurers playing an RPG just tickles my fancy.

GonzoGamer:

The video with them playing B&B is hilarious. I hope this is the best dlc yet, with a theme like that, I'm optimistic. It also helps that I enjoyed all the other dlc.

I would kill just for some extended cut-scenes of them playing the actual game. Haven't played borderlands 2 in a long time (without friends to play with I lost interest pretty fast. Still a good game). I may pick it back up just for this DLC.

Man I still need to finish the 2nd dlc first. I'm getting way behind.

Diablo1099:

Assassin Xaero:

Diablo1099:

I'm pretty sure they were joking.

In the video where Gearbox shows the teaser the lead writer jokes that the DLC will be named "Tiny Tina's Racism Adventure". Poking fun at the whole Tiny Tina racism 'controversy' that happened a while ago.

OT: I'm looking forward to this, Tina is one of my favorite characters.

I'm looking forward to it, waiting until I can research all the dlc before buying a season pass though.

Diablo1099:

Assassin Xaero:

Diablo1099:

There are people that do. Apparently she acts "black" and it's considered racist by a lot of people, most of whom are your typical middle class white Americans, who overreact and are super sensitive to things that have nothing to do with them but want to look good, if Facebook and Twitter are anything to go by. What they don't seem to get, is that labeling a type of speech etc as "black" is kinda racist in itself, which is stupid, because they are saying only certain people can act a certain way.

Tank207:
I'm pretty sure they were joking.

In the video where Gearbox shows the teaser the lead writer jokes that the DLC will be named "Tiny Tina's Racism Adventure". Poking fun at the whole Tiny Tina racism 'controversy' that happened a while ago.

OT: I'm looking forward to this, Tina is one of my favorite characters.

Ahh right, from the way I read that, I thought you were part of that Racism Bandwagon, Sorry ^_^"

chozo_hybrid:
There are people that do. Apparently she acts "black" and it's considered racist by a lot of people, most of whom are your typical middle class white Americans, who overreact and are super sensitive to things that have nothing to do with them but want to look good, if Facebook and Twitter are anything to go by. What they don't seem to get, is that labeling a type of speech etc as "black" is kinda racist in itself, which is stupid, because they are saying only certain people can act a certain way.

I always saw it as a "Take That!" to all these kids using such slang these days.

kailus13:

SageRuffin:

Ha, you think that would stop them if they had a good skill tree for Tina. You can have four of the same character if you like so I think they could do that if they wanted to.

Parakeettheprawn:

Zachary Amaranth:

Parakeettheprawn:

>.>

Honestly? Yeah, maybe. Hell, it'd be more fun in that game, as they could make fun of all the problems, while in Borderlands it'll just remind me that I'm still playing a game more boring than doing accounting. And I literally mean that -- I've been studying accounting, and it's actually more entertaining for me.

So you find the game boring, and seeing an article about new DLC for a game you find boring you find that you must read it? why?

GonzoGamer:

Now roll to confirm.

EDIT: Never mind, I guess she is a little girl. The mention of "midget" just threw me for a moment there.

Parakeettheprawn:

Zachary Amaranth:

Parakeettheprawn:

>.>

Really? As someone who's studying accounting as well I must say that's quite a claim (then again I really like Borderlands).

Anyway, hopefully this DLC will be good enough for me to pick as I haven't bothered to finish the first one and the other two weren't interesting enough for me to bother purchasing.

Eric the Orange:

Parakeettheprawn:

Zachary Amaranth:

>.>

So you find the game boring, and seeing an article about new DLC for a game you find boring you find that you must read it? why?

I already had sat through being shown the trailer, and the idea itself for the DLC is interesting, as I've already said. I've also read up on games like this because then people I know who like you for some reason like the game will talk about it so I'll actually have something to contribute to conversation. Also it's good to be in the know about things outside of your regular interests, it keeps things fresh, suggests new ideas, etc.

But assume I the standard "this all sucks balls, bleh! TROLOLOLO" idiot, not just someone who genuinely likes the idea of the DLC, but still dislikes the main games on a whole. I mean, hell, that's how I felt about Mad Moxxi's Underdome. That was the one part of my GotY copy of Borderlands that I actually enjoyed.

chozo_hybrid:

A subculture within American black urbania speaks a lower-intensity version of Tiny Tina's speech.

The meaning of this in the game may be that Tiny Tina is marginalized by what passes for Borderlands 2 society.

This is ludicrous in itself, since the small degree to which she may be marginalized in Borderlands 2 is due to her psychopathy and borderline insanity combined with demolition skill, not her skin color or age.

Tiny Tina is racist against American black urbania, since her context within the game misrepresents and insults good people who are marginalized for no reason other than their race.

Since very very few people who speak somewhat like Tiny Tina play Borderlands 2 Gearbox knows it doesn't have to worry about backlash.

well. if you snooze. you lose........i hate myself for that joke.

don't you just love it when these things happen? just the thought of someone opening their browser and realize they blow the big reveal. schadenfreude is an amazing feeling

That's an awesome way for it to leak, the poor guy. I doubt he got in trouble for that and the office had a good laugh

this was about as much a leak as the one my car had when i was supposed to visit my Ex the other day.
unless anthony burch has an "instant twitter" button in the camera options of his phone

Pages 1 2 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here