Smash Bros. Director Is Stressed Out Deciding The Roster

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Vault Citizen:
I'm noth worried about the thought of cut characters because I can always play older versions of the game either on my Wii U or my GameCube. I hope that whatever the roster is it has a lot of variety.

I agree personally. I also thought it could be neat if they made two versions of smash bros with two completely different sets of characters then work out the balancing for a while then release a giant combined version doubling the roster but giving time to balance everything. I doubt this would ever happen but it is just a random idea.

War Penguin:

But I only ask Sakurai to do this: Just keep the roster from the original Super Smash Bros for the N64 (Luigi, Mario, DK, Link, Samus, Captain Falcon, Ness, Yoshi, Kirby, Fox, Pikachu, and Jigglypuff). They're veterans, been there from the beginning. You know you want to keep them in, dude. Everyone else can fuck off! :D

I kinda agree veterans from the 64 version should always remain if for no other reason than to show respect to how it all started!

(captcha: kfc... more like pfk)

This just made the SSB4 Bingo more interesting. http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/561351-super-smash-brothers

The only one I could really see them putting in now is Simon Belmont (or perhaps Trevor). That said, let me offer a suggestion as to how to "trim the fat". Give Ganondorf and Falco their own move sets. Falco you might be able to get away with since he's part of the Star Fox team and they might fight similarly, but it kind of takes away from the uniqueness of the character. As for Ganondorf, at least give him back his sword or his spear from Ocarina of Time or something.

As hard as it is, I think it'd be pretty obvious who can be cut or not, and with some really obvious examples of who could/should be added.

Obvious Cuts:
Falco
Wolf
Toon Link
R.O.B
Mr. Game & Watch
Lucario
Diddy Kong
Wario

Some of the obvious adds:
Megaman
Change the Pokemon trainer to one of the newer ones, like D/P/Plt or X/Y
Change the two Fire Emblem characters to something a little more varied, like say Ike + Lynn rather than Marth + Roy/Ike
Bayonetta
The Monster Hunter

For two of them, Bayonetta and Megaman, I think they REALLY should be in the game. They both fit and offer something unique to the game in terms of style and fighting and both are really popular. Though instead of adding 16-bit Megaman like they did, I would've gone for either straight X, or have picked Aile/Vent from Megaman ZX which would've allowed they to have X AND Zero with different forms in the game in one character.

I will be quite saddened if they remove my main man Olimar. But even if he's gone, there are still plenty of characters to be used.

*fingers crossed* Lucina instead of Marth, Lucina instead of Marth, Lucina instead of Marth...

Or at the very least Chrom instead of Ike.

I wouldn't mind Wolf being cut, but he, Falco, and Fox are different enough in terms of regular attacks and even if their specials have similar functions, the way they work are unique so I just don't know. At least though, if you keep one of them in, make their special an Arwing, maybe Falco cause he has higher jumps?

hazabaza1:
Well there's so many shitty characters you can probably cut a lot.
Falco, Wolf, R.O.B, Lucas, and on top of that I'm guessing Sonic, Snake and Toon Link will be removed because of timing/copyright issues. Maybe do something more viable with or update Pokemon trainer too and the roster could be fairly well built.

Why Sonic and Toon Link? What better way is there to promote Lost Worlds and Windwaker HD than to include these characters?

The Lazy Blacksmith:
...and Toon Link (who is a confirmed cut).

When did this happen?!

Paragon Fury:

Wario

Some of the obvious adds:
Megaman
Change the Pokemon trainer to one of the newer ones, like D/P/Plt or X/Y
Change the two Fire Emblem characters to something a little more varied, like say Ike + Lynn rather than Marth + Roy/Ike
Bayonetta
The Monster Hunter

Megaman has already been confirmed.

Gatx:
*fingers crossed* Lucina instead of Marth, Lucina instead of Marth, Lucina instead of Marth...

Or at the very least Chrom instead of Ike.

I wouldn't mind Wolf being cut, but he, Falco, and Fox are different enough in terms of regular attacks and even if their specials have similar functions, the way they work are unique so I just don't know. At least though, if you keep one of them in, make their special an Arwing, maybe Falco cause he has higher jumps?

hazabaza1:
Well there's so many shitty characters you can probably cut a lot.
Falco, Wolf, R.O.B, Lucas, and on top of that I'm guessing Sonic, Snake and Toon Link will be removed because of timing/copyright issues. Maybe do something more viable with or update Pokemon trainer too and the roster could be fairly well built.

Why Sonic and Toon Link? What better way is there to promote Lost Worlds and Windwaker HD than to include these characters?

The Lazy Blacksmith:
...and Toon Link (who is a confirmed cut).

When did this happen?!

You see him on one of the levels as a background character.

MisterM2402:
OT: Roy's our boy! Roy's our boy! Get rid of Marth, bring back Roy.

1) Ike would be a more logical cut, since the Tellius games are done with and Marth is, y'know, the Fire Emblem rep, since he was the original game's protagonist and even the icon for Fire Emblem in Smash Bros. is his sword.

2) Seriously, aside from the fact that he was in Melee, why do people want Roy back in Smash so badly?

3) I'm hoping for Lyn, personally.

OT: While it's serious bad news that the job is really stressing him out, I kinda like that Sakurai really does care so much. Hopefully this means Zero Suit Samus won't be cut so easily. She's my main in Brawl while regular Samus is nowhere near as fun to play.

I'm sorry to hear that development on this game is causing Sakurai so much stress. Didn't he injure his hand a while back while working on this game? Sakurai really has no luck.

I am glad to hear however that Sakurai takes the task of potentially removing beloved characters so seriously. It warms my heart.

I'm not a fan of removing characters but I always felt that Falco, Pokémon Trainer, Lucas, and Toon Link should be removed. I enjoyed their appearance in the series but I feel there are better characters to include, or that they don't offer enough uniqueness to validate them being a character. Falco for instance would be better replaced for a staff wielding Krystal, while Pokémon Trainer should represent one of the newer generations of Pokémon such as Black/White or X/Y (ideally I would want him to be an actual developed character from the series, like N).

As for characters that people on this site have been voicing could be removed, I can understand Wolf and R.O.B., the latter of these was mostly included for story importance anyway, though it would be disheartening as they are two of my favourites. Also Wolf adds to the villain roster and plays more differently to Fox than Falco does. The case of removing Snake and Sonic are dependent on their respective third parties though I would like to avoid having too many third party characters if it comes at the cost of first party characters. I saw someone mention Zero Suit Samus but I don't count her as a separate character, like how you wouldn't consider Zelda and Shiek to be separate characters.

The two removals I don't understand people saying are Lucario and Mr. Game and Watch. Both of them have unique play-styles and both represent something important; Lucario is currently the only Pokémon character representing the series outside the first generation and Mr Game and Watch represents an important part of Nintendo's video game history. They deserve their spots on the roster, particularly Mr Game and Watch.

As for the addition of new characters, at this point I would say there are only two characters I feel should definitely be in the next game; Ridley and Little Mac. They both come across to me as characters that should have been in the series back in brawl. Other characters however, it's a little up in the air. The biggest Nintendo series already have their most important characters included (except Metroid's lack of Ridley). The Mario series could have Bowser Jr added but it's not needed. After Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf the only other important and recurring Legend of Zelda characters that might deserve a spot are Tingle and Vaati. Pokémon is more of a case of representing the newer generations and that could easily be done by simply updating the Pokémon trainer to represent the newer generation each instalment of the SSB series. Kirby series has Kirby, Metaknight, and King Dedede, no other Kirby character is needed. Of course there are characters I'd love to see, Lip is my most wanted character, above even Ridley, but as for characters I feel deserve to be in the game, I leave it at just Ridley and Little Mac.

Overall though I hope that not too many characters are cut out and that the ones that are introduced are either unique in play-style or representing a series that has yet to be represented or is under-represented (still looking at you Metroid with your one character of Samus).

Yeah it is kinda a tough choice on who to get rid of, so I guess I'll think of some that I would be fine with getting rid of.
People I would be fine with getting rid of:
Wolf
Lucas
Toon Link
Falco
Characters I would be fine with getting replaced with someone else:
Ganondorf with either Ghirahim or Demise
Marth with Lucina
Or for some of the clone characters just make them as alternate outfits for other characters. I think that could work.

This is EASY.

Cut:
Falco
Roy (Roy is so redundant when you have Link...)
Lucario
Lucas
Mr. Game & Watch
Toon Link and/or Young Link (we just do NOT need 3 Links)
Wolf

Add:
Simon Belmont
Pac-Man
Bomberman
Captain N
Shy Guy
King K. Rool

Wouldn't it be easy to cut the cast down quickly if you just took a bunch of the clone characters and made them unlockable/secret alternative costumes for the main cast. This would clean up the selection menu, keep the move sets simple for balancing issues, and allow for more characters instead of having to cut them out. Sure you would have to decide which characters are main and which are just re-skins, but do we really need a separate fox and falco? Plus, it could be used for old vs new versions of some characters. Ganondorf is cool and all, but if he had an alt-costume that was Ganon(Link to the Past version)? That would be awesome.

Dark Knifer:
I just hope there is finally another character from metroid in it.

I know right, Sylux, Ridley or Rundas it is then.

Paragon Fury:
The Monster Hunter

We've got a smart man over here.
I was hoping he'd be in UMvC3, alas.
I'd say Rathalos armour with an Agito (classic or MH3(U) version).

Sould1n:
snip.

I agree with most of what you said. I only wanted to comment on your choices of new characters. Little Mac was in Brawl...as an assist trophy. Honestly, that was fine for me, because he doesn't really have much to him other than being a boxer. What special moves would he have? As for Ridley, I love the idea of him being a new character, but the logistics of putting him as a playable character, considering his size difference to the rest of the cast, would be tricky to figure out. I mean, Bowser is a lot bigger than Mario, but Ridley is the size of 4 or 5 Bowsers. They'd have to scale him down, figure out how to make him move (since he isn't bipedal)...better to just leave him as he was in Brawl, a boss character.

BramblinTheGnome:
Wouldn't it be easy to cut the cast down quickly if you just took a bunch of the clone characters and made them unlockable/secret alternative costumes for the main cast. This would clean up the selection menu, keep the move sets simple for balancing issues, and allow for more characters instead of having to cut them out. Sure you would have to decide which characters are main and which are just re-skins, but do we really need a separate fox and falco? Plus, it could be used for old vs new versions of some characters. Ganondorf is cool and all, but if he had an alt-costume that was Ganon(Link to the Past version)? That would be awesome.

Bingo.

Wolf and Falco are basically just Fox clones

Pichu is basically a Pikachu clone

Ganondorf is a Captain Falcon clone

Toon Link and Young Link are basically Link clones

Luigi is damn near a Mario clone (though I'd give him a pass and let him remain a separate character just because he's the second most important Nintendo character.

-

Once you start making extraneous clone characters into alternate costumes...THAT is when it gets cool. That's when they can stop worrying so much about game balance and can really go nuts with adding cool stuff.

Add ProtoMan and Bass as MegaMan alternatives

Waluigi as a Luigi alternative

Dr. Mario as a Mario alternative

Raichu as a Pikachu alternative

Daisy and Pauline as Peach alternatives

Naked Snake and Old Snake as Solid Snake alternatives

Shadow as a Sonic alternative

etc etc etc etc

I just realized.

Now that Pokemon X and Y is coming out, Mewtwo will return.

You would not believe how excited I am for that.

I can totally understand this mans issue. Where I in his position my e-mail would be a national secret. I would switch cars a minimum of 3 times going to and from work. I would have at least 20 dummy Twitter accounts. I would, in short, be doing all of this to avoid the massive amount of fanboy rage that this sort of discussion tends to generate in the hopes of just doing my job.

That said I liked Melee but hated Brawl and am more accepting to character additions that make me go "Neat, I didn't know that __________ was a Nintendo character" rather than "Oh look another character from ________ over exposed franchise".

Oh ho... man.... here we go again.

I really, truly feel for poor Sakurai, as even though he does pour his heart and soul into the franchise, working on the games must be truly stressful for him. I'd understand his pain based on the decisions of who to include in this game's roster as well as who to exclude. The crazy random requests in this thread make me feel for him even more, since a lot of people seem more intent on seeing their own requests make it into the game without any real understanding of why that should be so or seem intent on seeing certain characters cut because... "They're not important to me!".
What a tough decision....

I see sooooooo many requests for third-party characters when in reality, that should be kept to a minimum considering the number of legal hoops Nintendo has to jump through in order to include them in the game, let alone coding a moveset onto them. And even then, it'd be painful to see them cut. I'm a big fan of Snake and Sonic, and I'm content with their inclusion into the game, even if they're the only representatives of their respective franchises (Though it'd be AWESOME if Raiden and Knuckles made it in, but that's wishful thinking)

Also, how come no-one EVER mentions the obscure franchises that Sakurai gives representation in Smash Bros?! EACH and EVERY game in the franchise has given an oddball franchise its moment in the sun, and that moment was so critical that noone would have known about it otherwise. Would we have gone back to try getting Earthbound or playing it on emulators if we didn't know who Ness was? Would we have gotten Fire Emblem to the states if Marth and Roy were cut from the international Melee release? Would we have gotten the awesome Kid Icarus: Uprising if Pit didn't make a comeback?... thought so. I wish we can see more people requesting obscure Nintendo franchises and characters to make a comeback.

Here's some surprise characters I have my fingers crossed for:

• Issa ( Sin & Punishment: Star Successor ). Not sure about this one, since this was published by Treasure and I think Nintendo kinda needs their permission to put this character in. It'd be great though, considering that the games themselves are amazing rail-shooters and need more attention.
  • Lip ( Panel de Pon ). I find it kind of funny how the Lip's Stick item has been appearing in the latter two Smash Bros. games, yet we have no clue what game that item is from or why we should care now... That can change.
  • Captain Rainbow(Need more info...)

Trying to avoid characters already mentioned like Shulk, Little Mac, and whoever was in Pandora's Tower, but you guys get the idea...

Hope the stresses of designing this game won't break him completely... I can already barely imagine what working on Melee was like, since he had a grand total of 13 months of dedicated time to work on that game.... no vacations or breaks... just work... Wow....

War Penguin:
    It wasn't really supposed to be epic for them, it was "yeah yeah, here you go, now shut up and take it." But this is still Sakurai's child and he still cares for it. So I think he wants this to be a much more advanced balanced game for people to take a bit more seriously. This just might be why he's having such a stressful time picking and choosing characters. Hell, you'd think with the newest game in the franchise, we'd have waves and waves of new characters, but that doesn't seem to be the case. And that's kinda sad...

Seriously. If he is trying to have SSB be a put competitive game, he's forgotten what Nintendo is all about. My friends would have melee and brawl tournaments and that made me see how much of an unbalanced game it was. Playing it seriously is ridiculous, people play it to have silly crossovers.

Hell. Games like DOA, SF, Tekken, Namco/Marvel vs Capcom are all played competitively and have huge character rosters.

I remember Sakurai saying that Brawl hit a sort of Roster Critical Mass and I thought of a way to both expand and shrink the roster.

Skins

Mix some of the clones together and make them unlockable skins for the same character. I.E. cut Luigi as a character and make him and Dr.Mario as unlockble skins for Mario. Or Toon and Young Link become unlockable Link skins. You can get a lot of Mileage out of this.

I'm not too concerned with who gets cut, although I do hope Game & Watch stays.
    Personally I want Matthew from Golden Sun. (I'd prefer Isaac, but Dark Dawn is newer)
    Also, if there is anyone from Sega, it should be Vyse from Skies of Arcadia.

Really? Just take the Wii game and add more characters. Easy really. Even better, only die hard ninty fans even know the obscure characters you add anyway. So it had no effect on anyone.

Lovely Mixture:

War Penguin:
    It wasn't really supposed to be epic for them, it was "yeah yeah, here you go, now shut up and take it." But this is still Sakurai's child and he still cares for it. So I think he wants this to be a much more advanced balanced game for people to take a bit more seriously. This just might be why he's having such a stressful time picking and choosing characters. Hell, you'd think with the newest game in the franchise, we'd have waves and waves of new characters, but that doesn't seem to be the case. And that's kinda sad...

Seriously. If he is trying to have SSB be a put competitive game, he's forgotten what Nintendo is all about. My friends would have melee and brawl tournaments and that made me see how much of an unbalanced game it was. Playing it seriously is ridiculous, people play it to have silly crossovers.

Hell. Games like DOA, SF, Tekken, Namco/Marvel vs Capcom are all played competitively and have huge character rosters.

Oh, believe me, I don't think this is the route that he should be going. That's not what Smash is about. However, I understand that Sakurai wants his creation to be taken seriously, because a lot of people don't even understand that it's just for silly unbalanced fun. Those people get frustrated with it and I think Sakurai is trying to appeal to that crowd now. Which makes me very worried and upset.

Ken_J:
    I remember Sakurai saying that Brawl hit a sort of Roster Critical Mass and I thought of a way to both expand and shrink the roster.

Skins

Mix some of the clones together and make them unlockable skins for the same character. I.E. cut Luigi as a character and make him and Dr.Mario as unlockble skins for Mario. Or Toon and Young Link become unlockable Link skins. You can get a lot of Mileage out of this.

Yes... Yes! YYYEEESSS!!!

Seriously, I thought they'd pick that up with what they did for Wario. It just makes sense!

Honestly sounds like the Director needs to remember his roots and understand that this was a mascot fanfare game. While I certainly did lament the loss of Roy because my cousin loved to play Roy in Melee there really should be no real reason as to why the game can't have a lot of characters that represent the fanfare of their franchises.

Smash bros will be smash bros as long as they keep being inclusive and not exclusive.

Genocidicles:
    As long as we can finally play as Ridley I'm not too fussed.

Nope, still too big.

War Penguin:

Ken_J:

Skins

Yes... Yes! YYYEEESSS!!!

Seriously, I thought they'd pick that up with what they did for Wario. It just makes sense!

No... No! NOOOOOOOO. Sorry, but I REFUSE to believe they would cut characters like Luigi just to make them Mario skins. Also what about the size differences between Young Link and Adult Link? Some ideas make sense (Mario -> Dr. Mario), but please be rational or we could end up with a game called "Super Smash Mario: Mario's Mario Mayhem" with 128 different skins for each Mario.

thebobmaster:

Sould1n:
    snip.

I agree with most of what you said. I only wanted to comment on your choices of new characters. Little Mac was in Brawl...as an assist trophy. Honestly, that was fine for me, because he doesn't really have much to him other than being a boxer. What special moves would he have? As for Ridley, I love the idea of him being a new character, but the logistics of putting him as a playable character, considering his size difference to the rest of the cast, would be tricky to figure out. I mean, Bowser is a lot bigger than Mario, but Ridley is the size of 4 or 5 Bowsers. They'd have to scale him down, figure out how to make him move (since he isn't bipedal)...better to just leave him as he was in Brawl, a boss character.

Oh wow... with how long my post was I'm quite surprised someone replied to it. Thank you.

I know that both of these characters have appeared in Super Smash Bros in some form but I honestly believe they should have been included as characters. As far as Little Mac goes, it might tricky but it shouldn't be impossible to think of a move-set for him. They managed to do so with Zelda (I don't remember her using those spells), Ice Climbers (since when could they breathe ice), R.O.B. and latest of all, Wii Fit Trainer. His down B could be a move where weaves on the spot. In the weaving state he will dodge the next attack, like a counter, but instead of attacking back it instead gives him a star. This affects his up B (Star Punch), his B (Knock-out Punch) and his forward B (Rapid Punch). These moves would either require and use up all three stars for a strength boost or use only one of the stars, depends on the move or which way would work best. Star Punch is his uppercut from Punch-Out featuring Mike/Mr Dream, the Knock-out Punch comes from Super Punch Out as does the Rapid Punch (which I imagine could be a rush move, runs along and dishes out a combo on the go). For his final smash, his Giga-Mac transformation from the Punch-Out Wii game would work. I could better present this but my internet's being buggy and I don't have the time to go into full detail. But a Little Mac move-set can work, and for an alternative try this one; http://sould1n.deviantart.com/art/Newcomer-Little-Mac-201315505 . The guy's generally very good at thinking of move-sets for characters.

Ridley's size being a problem is a silly but constant point people bring up. Bowser's size changes constantly in his games, while Olimar's about the size of a GameCube memory card but had his size increased for Brawl. I assure you, it wouldn't be a big deal to adjust his size for SSB. Besides, Metroid is in need of another representative and he is the best they've got. Still thank you very much for replying to my comment, I appreciate it.

Just going to propose this here:

Tetris Block
    Falling into place.

Would make my century.

crusador90:
    Oh ho... man.... here we go again.

I really, truly feel for poor Sakurai, as even though he does pour his heart and soul into the franchise, working on the games must be truly stressful for him. I'd understand his pain based on the decisions of who to include in this game's roster as well as who to exclude. The crazy random requests in this thread make me feel for him even more, since a lot of people seem more intent on seeing their own requests make it into the game without any real understanding of why that should be so or seem intent on seeing certain characters cut because... "They're not important to me!".
    What a tough decision....

I see sooooooo many requests for third-party characters when in reality, that should be kept to a minimum considering the number of legal hoops Nintendo has to jump through in order to include them in the game, let alone coding a moveset onto them. And even then, it'd be painful to see them cut. I'm a big fan of Snake and Sonic, and I'm content with their inclusion into the game, even if they're the only representatives of their respective franchises (Though it'd be AWESOME if Raiden and Knuckles made it in, but that's wishful thinking)

Also, how come no-one EVER mentions the obscure franchises that Sakurai gives representation in Smash Bros?! EACH and EVERY game in the franchise has given an oddball franchise its moment in the sun, and that moment was so critical that noone would have known about it otherwise. Would we have gone back to try getting Earthbound or playing it on emulators if we didn't know who Ness was? Would we have gotten Fire Emblem to the states if Marth and Roy were cut from the international Melee release? Would we have gotten the awesome Kid Icarus: Uprising if Pit didn't make a comeback?... thought so. I wish we can see more people requesting obscure Nintendo franchises and characters to make a comeback.

Here's some surprise characters I have my fingers crossed for:

• Issa ( Sin & Punishment: Star Successor ). Not sure about this one, since this was published by Treasure and I think Nintendo kinda needs their permission to put this character in. It'd be great though, considering that the games themselves are amazing rail-shooters and need more attention.
  • Lip ( Panel de Pon ). I find it kind of funny how the Lip's Stick item has been appearing in the latter two Smash Bros. games, yet we have no clue what game that item is from or why we should care now... That can change.
  • Captain Rainbow(Need more info...)

Trying to avoid characters already mentioned like Shulk, Little Mac, and whoever was in Pandora's Tower, but you guys get the idea...

Hope the stresses of designing this game won't break him completely... I can already barely imagine what working on Melee was like, since he had a grand total of 13 months of dedicated time to work on that game.... no vacations or breaks... just work... Wow....

I really should head to bed but then I saw the part of your post where you mentioned Lip and I squealed with joy. I'd love to see Lip in Super Smash Bros; she's my most wanted character.

Anyway, I pretty much agree with everything you had to say. It's frustrating to see so many requests for third party characters, not just in the fact that obtaining third party rights is tricky but also in the fact that SSB is a Nintendo based fighter... when you have a library as large as Nintendo's to explore, I'd like to see it explored.

I agree on your statement about how we should think more of what characters should warrant inclusion rather than what characters we'd like to see. I'd love to see Shy Guy in the game but he doesn't deserve to be in the game as much as other characters. Fans suggest tons of Legend of Zelda characters such as Minda and Ghirahim who have only had one appearance, yet ignore the more likely and multiple appearing characters such as Tingle and Vaati (well, more so for the former than the latter).

You're right on your mentioning of obscure franchises. Heck, in the case of Ness, those of us in the UK and Europe never even received one Mother game... now we're getting Earthbound on the Wii U virtual console and I can finally see what all the fuss is about. As said before, my most wanted character is the fairly obscure Lip from Panel de Pon but I would also love to see the likes of Hikari and Donbe from Shin Onigashima and DeMille from Tomato Adventure. I highly doubt they would get in but I'd like it if they did. I also think it would be great if Mike Jones from Star Tropics were in the game, I have no interest in him personally but it would be a real treat to US fans and an obscure surprise to the Japanese fans who have likely never heard of him. Still, my highest hopes are to Lip appearing in the game.

And I'm just sitting here wanting Mewtwo back.

No, not Mewthree or whatever that fucking abomination will be called. No.

Why does everyone seem to think Game & Watch should be cut? I love that character, he has a unique moveset, and he represents a distinct part of Nintendo history.

Sould1n:

thebobmaster:

Sould1n:
    snip.

Ridley's size being a problem is a silly but constant point people bring up. Bowser's size changes constantly in his games, while Olimar's about the size of a GameCube memory card but had his size increased for Brawl. I assure you, it wouldn't be a big deal to adjust his size for SSB. Besides, Metroid is in need of another representative and he is the best they've got. Still thank you very much for replying to my comment, I appreciate it.

I see your point with Little Mac, and I could see it working. Ridley, on the other hand...Ridley's size also changes in between games, but even at the smallest, he was at least 3 times the size of Samus. Even if they work out the scale, they'd still need to work out how to have him move. I'd like another Metroid representative, but the choices are either too large/non-bipedal (Ridley, Kraid) or one-shot characters (Rundas, Gandrayda).

thebobmaster:

I see your point with Little Mac, and I could see it working. Ridley, on the other hand...Ridley's size also changes in between games, but even at the smallest, he was at least 3 times the size of Samus. Even if they work out the scale, they'd still need to work out how to have him move. I'd like another Metroid representative, but the choices are either too large/non-bipedal (Ridley, Kraid) or one-shot characters (Rundas, Gandrayda).

They should have a generic space pirate. It might break the flow of having named characters, but those guys don't get enough love.

Turner Shanks:
    Why does everyone seem to think Game & Watch should be cut? I love that character, he has a unique moveset, and he represents a distinct part of Nintendo history.

He probably won't be though, and neither will R.O.B.. The entire point of those two obscure characters, like the Wii Fit trainer, was to be unexpected additions to the roster. But hey, I may be proven wrong.

OT: Wow, this guy cares? No 'deal with it' attitude? And to think people are laying down all the praise onto Sony.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
    With Facebook:Login With Facebook
    or
    Username:  
    Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
    Register With Facebook
    Register With Facebook
    or
    Registered for a free account here