Internet Explorer Goes Anime With a Magical Girl Transformation

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

I might try IE 11. Chrome is starting to piss me off, especially given how I seem to have got a google+ account I never asked for courtesy of youtube. It feels like its following me around the web, taking notes.

I know other browsers will do that too, but I'd like to at least make it slightly hard for them, as opposed to giving one company all my data.

I don't know. It would take a lot more marketing and brainwashing to make me use IE again.

On the other hand, I still have this.

Chrome Master Race reporting in.

Anime stereotype spotted. Unleashing minimalist attack. Firing extension cannons. Deploying portability launchers.

Identifying target. Scanning. Scanning. Target identity confirmed as-

So was I the only one that heard a faint Wilhelm scream in there, shortly after the transformation scene but before the IE beam spam?

Honestly the animation is not bad and I am glad that they realize how popular the IE-tan craze is here. Don't expect to see me using it though.

"Inori Aizawa, an original anime character who fights 'the dark side of the internet.'"

Oh God... What have they done? there's no way for this to end well for anyone.

-Dragmire-:
Was there already a rule 34 for web browsers before this?

My good sir this is the internet. Of course there already was. But now there will be even more...

OT: While the animation was great and I like the character, I think I'll be sticking with Google Chrome, then Firefox if Chrome fails. If both fail I'll go to Opera, and if that fails it's off to Safari...>.>

Oh, come on. We all know how this would look if it were real.

Objectable:

/thread

Frakking win. Congrats!

But seriously, I'm ripping IE up and down, but it's not really a horrible browser now. I still prefer Chrome, but using IE now isn't automatic "whaaaa?" material anymore.

Objectable:

Did you make that, or did someone else make it?
Either way I'm laughing my ass off right now so kudos to you for posting that. XD

0takuMetalhead:
Won't stop me from using Firefox, I still have nightmares about I.E.

I hope firefox comes out with something like this.:) preferably a furry/magic girl of course.

Firefox just needs a fox girl and it will become the perfect browsing software.

rbstewart7263:

0takuMetalhead:

I hope firefox comes out with something like this.:) preferably a furry/magic girl of course.

They could make an entertaining series out of the three main browser tans being a magical girl team like in some other anime. Could also make some entertaining cracks at lesser browsers like safari

I've been able to do this very thing with FireFox since like 2005. Why would I switch to the objectively worst browser for a reason like this?

Does anyone else find it incredibly ironic that her weapon of choice is a shield?

Hah. Chrome. Firefox. I laugh at your browsers!
I am curious though, who else is running SRWare Iron? It's based on the Chrome source, but much better in my opinion. No usage tracking and a few other neat features.

When that giant robot showed up, I wanted to yell: "Look out Inori! It's the dreaded Chrome lord!"

Cool mascot, somewhat interesting, Sadly IE is still terrible so I'm just gonna stick with Firefox and Chrome :) still cool mascot, I like it.

Fireface:
Cool mascot, somewhat interesting, Sadly IE is still terrible so I'm just gonna stick with Firefox and Chrome :) still cool mascot, I like it.

It's pretty decent actually! Certainly faster and more secure than Firefox these days.

The W3C Exam Tips book on her desk at the end was a great touch :D

It's a cool video, but I'm sticking with Maxthon 3.

In a world where spam and viruses run rampant on the internet there is one girl that can save us all: IE tan, destroying big bad robots by installing internet explorer on their systems, making them vulnerable to spam, viruses and other cyber attacks, causing them to explode from the onslaught.

I'd wager that the robots are the good guys and that she is a rabid ie fangirl trying to infect every pc with her ie software.

Must admit though, I quite liked the magic-cyber attacks

-Dragmire-:

Yeah actually there was/is. For websites too.

ASK NO QUESTIONS, YOU SHALL RECEIVE NO ANSWERS.

Deviantart.

-Dragmire-:

.......I'm sure there is.

Desert Punk:

They could make an entertaining series out of the three main browser tans being a magical girl team like in some other anime. Could also make some entertaining cracks at lesser browsers like safari

I say do it. I mean hell, they've already made an anime series about the old console wars.
Why not make a small little spin-off or OVA about the internet browsers. Make it a Slice of Life anime with the OSs' being the parents. XD

Objectable:

Congratulations. You have won the thread. Please enjoy this (imaginary) gift basket from Omaha State, and (also pretend) $50 gift certificate from Best Buy.

something tells me she is going to be hit by the darkside of the internet instead

Kumagawa Misogi:
They should have had the robots with Google Chrome and "all your data belongs to us" on them.

Totally
Every browser should have anime themed mascot
Magical girl for IE
Furry for Firefox
Mech for Chrome

Any ideas about mascots for Opera, Safari, Camino or other browsers?

Wait is that a thing now? Anime girls attached to software? Erm ok, enjoy it if you like such things i guess.
My fox would burn you quite easily though.
After all, it engulfed whole world now.

blackrave:
Any ideas about mascots for Opera, Safari, Camino or other browsers?

You could have a sentien cell phone for Opera since thats sorta the only place people ever use it still.
As far as safari goes, claptrap probably would be the best, annoying, useless but keeps on pushing.

I dont know what Camino is.

I would use IE just for that.

If it wasn't shit.

(But honestly enjoyed the tranformation animation and the screen-blade animations)

Anyone else get the feeling Microsoft was playing one of the Hyperdimension Neptunia games before making that character? (Watch the Unskippable vids on that game and you'll understand.) Well, that game could've used a character representing the PC...

"Could the PC be a PC?"

Well, yeah...but that would be obvious. The PC could also be an NPC.

"What?!? The PC needs to be a PC!"

Why does the PC have to be a PC? Doesn't sound very PC...

"Wait...you don't think it's PC for the PC to be a PC, but you think it's PC for the PC to be an NPC?"

I just think it would be PC for the PC to be either a PC or NPC equally, and NOT be shoehorned into being a PC just because it's the PC!

*gets looks* What?

CAPTCHA: she's a witch

She is?!? BURN HER! BUILD A BRIDGE OUT OF HER!!

rbstewart7263:

0takuMetalhead:

There are already unofficial ones, they will do for now.

People remember the OS-tans, but no one remembers the Source Force. This is not surprising.
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/aa740358.aspx

And of course there's Windom XP / Bootfighter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ultimate_Knight_Windom_XP
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VideoGame/WindomXP

I just downloaded and opened up I.E. for the first time in a while. I was immediately bombarded with more windows than I knew what to do with. I immediately shut it down, un-installed it, and went back to Firefox.

They can use all the cutesy advertising that they want, but as long as they keep pulling shit like the above, I will continue to ignore them.

1. IE-san asks to be popular again.
2. She gets her wish, and some renown, on the Net.
3. IE 11 is buggy.
4. People revile IE-san.
5. IE-san drowns in her despair.
"Just as planned."

No matter how many anime girls they add i'm sticking with chrome, synchronized bookmarks between devices is just too awesome to give up.

..an original anime character who fights "the dark side of the internet."
My question is of course, who's winning?

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here