Origin May Ban Early Titanfall Players After All

Pages PREV 1 2

Gennadios:
I'm not condoning hacking, but I highly doubt that Origin can afford banning players. They sorely need a userbase for anything not Battlefield related.

Can they afford not to ban people? Its a catch 22 issue, for they could lose people because they ban people, but at the same time if they don't take action it could cause people not to buy the game for they don't trust EA to prevent cheating.

The Gentleman:

Strazdas:
Imagine being able to easily explore the maps, learn all the secrets and then outsmart everyone on the field on day 1. Imagine being able to plan and practice tactics with your group in the actual game before others get a chance to. Its an advantage for people that are playing the game more than casually.

I dunno. If it has offline/LAN multiplayer (like the COD series, and these are the same guys), then you can do the same thing with a regular access copy as well.

no, see, this means you can do it before your opponents can.
thats the whole point of early acess copies.

Strazdas:

Zipa:

Strazdas:
This sounds fair actually. If you get an early copy in your mail or something, its fair game and you can play it. the method posted in that reddit is basically cracking your game, and piracy is illegal hence the ban.

Piracy and cracking are not the same thing. They are not pirating the game but modifying the game they have bought and downloaded early from Origin.

technically correct. But what they are doing is still illegal, and even if it werent its against their terms of service for which they have a right to terminate the service (banning).

It saddens me that we live in a world where some people actually believe that cracking is illegal.

This is why large corporations are having a grand old time bending intellectual property law to suit whatever they desire.

Vivi22:

Strazdas:

Zipa:

Piracy and cracking are not the same thing. They are not pirating the game but modifying the game they have bought and downloaded early from Origin.

technically correct. But what they are doing is still illegal, and even if it werent its against their terms of service for which they have a right to terminate the service (banning).

It saddens me that we live in a world where some people actually believe that cracking is illegal.

This is why large corporations are having a grand old time bending intellectual property law to suit whatever they desire.

Cracking, by definition, is an illegal breaking of of security in effort to circumvent it. So yes, i do believe its illegal, since it is.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here