Gigantic Insect Found in China Will Give You Nightmares

Pages PREV 1 2

lee1287:
China is just behind Australia in places I want to go where the wildlife is scary as hell!

Not far behind I imagine is Japan, where they have killer hornets the size of your thumb that attack in swarms and have stings that cause tissue destruction worse than a black widow bite. 70 to 150 people die every year from these things! They are now terrorizing China.
Yeah now if you were describing a hornet that size I would probably s**t my chair on the spot. My brain would send an immediate evacuation signal to my bowels!

For some real insect based nightmare fuel: why I will never go to Japan unless I can bring with me or purchase immediately upon landing a flamethrower image
Yeah I think my horrific scary bug wins!

My first thought was of how much it looks like a scrin PAC from C&C 3, especially the head.

That's not a bug. That's the horrific hellspawn of an Old God!

I don't get nightmares but yeah it's not exactly something I'd wanna run in to in real life.
In that picture though it looks kinda funny, like it's holding it's arms up in the air going "Wooo!".

AWESOME!

I want that to be hanging via string on my ceiling!!

(Seriously, can I get a 3D printed version of that, please?)

Um, I don't beleive that's real for a minute. It looks way too nose heavy for it to be aerodynamic. But then again, I have a healthy mistrust of any story that starts with "in China" or "a man in China." If this turns out to be a hoax, I totally called it.

Quote from Wikipedia "They are not venomous, but possess an irritating, foul-smelling anal spray as a last-ditch defense."

I don't know what the big deal is. We have these in America, as well. This is a bit bigger than any I've ever seen, but not by much.

Can someone get a Deathwatch kill team to deal with that thing, by the Emperor that thing is horrid...

OT: Damn, guess China's another place I should take off my "to visit" list due to giant horror's from when the earth was young and the old one's walked it's soil.

As long as they don't get the cazador treatment, I'm fine with them existing. They may continue to exist far away from me.

Gunner 51:
Um, I don't beleive that's real for a minute. It looks way too nose heavy for it to be aerodynamic. But then again, I have a healthy mistrust of any story that starts with "in China" or "a man in China." If this turns out to be a hoax, I totally called it.

It's not a hoax. We have them in America. Living near open waterways, I've seen them occasionally. I even once stepped on a juvenile Dobsonfly (called a hellgrammite) in my kitchen. In bare feet.

Yeah. One of those, about four inches long. The nightmares only lasted a few weeks.

I'm sorry china, but we both know this is for the best. *launches nukes*

hey, there's nice giant bugs too

twosage:

Gunner 51:

It's not a hoax. We have them in America. Living near open waterways, I've seen them occasionally. I even once stepped on a juvenile Dobsonfly (called a hellgrammite) in my kitchen. In bare feet.

Yeah. One of those, about four inches long. The nightmares only lasted a few weeks.

Holy free-holy, I'd have been screaming like Ned Flanders if I found one of those in my kitchen. Though I'd have had to base my assumption on ignorance seeing how we don't get those insects... eldritch abominations Corydalidae here in Britain.

Damn, now I got to try and get that hell-blasted image out of my mind now. :)

Nosirrah:
I'm sorry china, but we both know this is for the best. *launches nukes*

The U.S. nuked Japan and it didn't get rid of the Asian giant hornet. why do you think nuking china will get rid of this insect?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here