The Escapist Community and Forums Codex & Index & Guides

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Don't forget the relatively newly added Advice Sub-Forum.

Your slipping a bit Claymorez ;) You have "Current Escapist Events" that are half a year old now :P

TimeLord:
Your slipping a bit Claymorez ;) You have "Current Escapist Events" that are half a year old now :P

If I'm right, Claymorez wants to be a doctor and is applying for a bunch of Russel Universities. If that is the case then he has a lot of work to do, so stuff like his Escapist Guides may be pushed back as a result. aka: Cut the dude some slack.

I'm going to be fairly busy tonight but if I get any free time then I'll see what I can do in regards to updating this guide. He's been planning on updating it for some time and was going to ask me to "dot his 'i's and cross his 't's" anyway, so I doubt if he would mind me messing with his thing, and it's something I've been wanting to do for a while.

Zombie_Fish:
If I'm right, Claymorez wants to be a doctor and is applying for a bunch of Russel Universities. If that is the case then he has a lot of work to do, so stuff like hhis Escapist Guides may be pushed back as a result. aka: Cut the dude some slack.

I was having a laugh. How was I supposed to know he is studying to be a doctor?

Would anyone be able to enlighten me to any degree of how I would possibly go about becoming a moderator?
I feel I would be a valuable asset to the site, and would like to help keep this community as objective, friendly and non-discriminatory as possible.

"I fight for the Users!"
-Tabs<3-

Daedalus1942:
Would anyone be able to enlighten me to any degree of how I would possibly go about becoming a moderator?
I feel I would be a valuable asset to the site, and would like to help keep this community as objective, friendly and non-discriminatory as possible.

"I fight for the Users!"
-Tabs<3-

Just be helpful to other users and staff members. Kuliani will ask you if you're interested in becoming a moderator if it gets to the point where we need more moderators and he decides that you would make a good addition to the team. Until then, there isn't anything you can do other than being as good a user as possible.

Zombie_Fish:

Daedalus1942:

"I fight for the Users!"
-Tabs<3-

Just be helpful to other users and staff members. Kuliani will ask you if you're interested in becoming a moderator if it gets to the point where we need more moderators and he decides that you would make a good addition to the team. Until then, there isn't anything you can do other than being as good a user as possible.

Is there anything that would disqualify me? I do my best to be as helpful and objective as possible (look at the recent dealio with LegendaryGamer0) I didn't lose my cool then despite being friends with Sam as well , but there were a few mishaps half a year or so ago that coyld be considered blemishes on my record I guess you would say.
Someone basically said my opinion on every subject was invalid because I actually enjoyed Sonic unleashed.
I.. kind of got a tad hostile.
-Tabs<3-

Daedalus1942:
Is there anything that would disqualify me? I do my best to be as helpful and objective as possible (look at the recent dealio with LegendaryGamer0) I didn't lose my cool then despite being friends with Sam as well , but there were a few mishaps half a year or so ago that coyld be considered blemishes on my record I guess you would say.
Someone basically said my opinion on every subject was invalid because I actually enjoyed Sonic unleashed.
-Tabs<3-

Bad history fades over time with enough good work. About half the Red Guard have recieved some form of punishment in the past before they got their position (I'm one of the only two Red Guards to have Neo, and even I'm willing to admit that I have a history of low content/ aggressive posts from when I first joined) and one of our former mods was previously banned from this site before proving that he had learned his lesson and eventually becoming trusted enough to join the team.

Almost one and a half years ago I felt that my posting history was so bad that I contemplated just making a new account and starting again, just over a year later some of the regulars regarded me as one of the best users on the site and I was asked if I was interested in becoming a moderator. Like I said, do enough good stuff and people start to care less about the bad stuff you've done before.

Zombie_Fish:

Daedalus1942:
-Tabs<3-

Bad history fades over time with enough good work. About half the Red Guard have recieved some form of punishment in the past before they got their position (I'm one of the only two Red Guards to have Neo, and even I'm willing to admit that I have a history of low content/ aggressive posts from when I first joined) and one of our former mods was previously banned from this site before proving that he had learned his lesson and eventually becoming trusted enough to join the team.

Almost one and a half years ago I felt that my posting history was so bad that I contemplated just making a new account and starting again, just over a year later some of the regulars regarded me as one of the best users on the site and I was asked if I was interested in becoming a moderator. Like I said, do enough good stuff and people start to care less about the bad stuff you've done before.

Awesome! I will do my absolute best to help keep this site free from prejudice, biggotry, and ignorance!
I fight for the Users!
-Tabs<3-

Hey there, a friend of mine just made a new group index thread. You might want to update this thread even though its been stickied.

Just thought I'd pass along the word.

Claymorez:
Snip

Hey Claymorez, if you may can you add this to your Thread please? User Groups Help thread Index I would highly appreciate it and really good job setting out this Thread, it's really well organized and impressive ^_^

Updates. Updates everywhere.

XxRyanxX:
Words

Redlin5:
Other words

Done.

Added Show About Games Show to videos, and also replaced old events with March Mayhem.

I swear sometime I'll also do an epic amount of work on the written articles piece section, sorry about any confusion there (something I've wanted to do for a while), I just don't have the time for now.

Zombie_Fish:
Snip

Thank you very much Zombie *Smiles* I have a few ideas on what you can make a Thread based off of and I shall PM you if you're interested. Just want to help you is all since you want to tribute as badly as I did (would of said wanted to, but I got my chance :D).

Zombie_Fish:
Updates. Updates everywhere.

XxRyanxX:
Words

Redlin5:
Other words

Done.

Added Show About Games Show to videos, and also replaced old events with March Mayhem.

I swear sometime I'll also do an epic amount of work on the written articles piece (something I've wanted to do for a while), I just don't have the time for now.

Which written article piece?

Two things:

A) Marter, has created the User Reviews Forum Rules page.

B) I have created the Forum Gaming Guide.

Even though both of 'em are stickied, it'll be much appreciated if they are also added to the index. =)

mParadox:
Two things:

A) Marter, has created the User Reviews Forum Rules page.

B) I have created the Forum Gaming Guide.

Even though both of 'em are stickied, it'll be much appreciated if they are also added to the index. =)

I love how my formating has become the standard of the Escapist's guides :P

I will get on it right now.

The old badge gallery has now been replaced with this one. If you could change the current link in your index then that would be great.

I was wondering, how do I place spoilers? I mean how do I make it so you have to click on something to show it?

FPSfanatic:
I was wondering, how do I place spoilers? I mean how do I make it so you have to click on something to show it?

[spoiler]*text goes here*[/spoiler]

The end result of that is:

If you want the spoiler to have a title then it's [spoiler=*spoiler title*]*text goes here*[/spoiler], which results in:

I would like to mention that there is a public teamspeak server open to anybody from the escapist community (and beyond) who wants to be there.

The current details are:

uk.clanwarz.com:1103

There is no password.

I have been offered a larger mumble server from a person who already runs a non profit server for a different community and his server has a lot of free space and he's willing to set us up with our own mumble.

Claymorez:
Snip

Worked forever making this thread, it deals with helping people know how to make Avatars.
If you'd be kind to add this to your OP on this thread, I would be truly grateful man. Even gave you credit in the thread for the way I organized it out lol.

A User's Guide to Creating Your Own Avatar

This thread needs to be updated a bit. Any moderators up to the task? :3

Aylaine:

I don't think they heard you...

Any mod caught updating this thread will receive free cake!

Maybe that'll help?

Redlin5:

Aylaine:

I don't think they heard you...

Any mod caught updating this thread will receive free cake!

Maybe that'll help?

Yo, where's my cake?

Aylaine:

I did my very best, but I always tend to miss things out. I've added the new Video features, as well as moving some old ones into the Archive bit.

Also updated all the Moderators. Now ChristopherRobin is on the board! :D

Updated again on 16th of April 2013.

Added all the new video features, plus some new written features. Moved some over to the archives section, and added in a few spoilers to make the OP a bit smaller, so it's faster to get to the section you want.

Hmmm. I feel it has been a while but at some point in the next month I will try to find the time to clean this up/update it.

Claymorez:
Hmmm. I feel it has been a while but at some point in the next month I will try to find the time to clean this up/update it.

Good to see you're still here man! ^_^

Speaking of which, should we (if we hold any tutorial/guide threads) update ours as well? As in, anything we should include information wise or structural wise? Just checking because the website itself went under some changes too.

Caramel Frappe:

Claymorez:

Good to see you're still here man! ^_^

Speaking of which, should we (if we hold any tutorial/guide threads) update ours as well? As in, anything we should include information wise or structural wise? Just checking because the website itself went under some changes too.

It's probably a good idea to review/update any threads you've made with that kind of information. =]

sky14kemea:
snip

Just a quick note Sky, but I think this section of the guide urgently needs an update:

Nasrin and Susan no longer work at the Escapist and ChristopherRobin, Labyrinth and Copper Zen are no longer mods. TopazFusion, EscapeGoat and Eleuthera are also full mods now according to the Code of Conduct.

JoJo:

sky14kemea:
snip

Just a quick note Sky, but I think this section of the guide urgently needs an update:

Eek, good point. I'll go do that now! :D

Is this gonna be updated anymore? :/

Aerosteam:

Given that Clay himself hasn't been online for nearly a year and the others who kept it up to date are no longer mods, I'd say the chances are unlikely. =/

Zombie_Fish:

Aerosteam:

Given that Clay himself hasn't been online for nearly a year and the others who kept it up to date are no longer mods, I'd say the chances are unlikely. =/

Do you think if I made an updated one it will be stickied and replace this one?

Aerosteam:
Do you think if I made an updated one it will be stickied and replace this one?

If you make the staff aware of it then probably? I'm afraid I can't offer a definite answer on this as I haven't really spoken with the current staff, but I fail to see any reason not to.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here