Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 . . . 916 NEXT

dantekaoz:
Hi

Ok here's an oldie. I remember playing this on Win 95. It was a point and click adventure, where you traveled to different time periods to try and rescue your girl and fight some sort of robot baddie. I distinctly remember the main character traveling to the prehistoric era on his first adventure; then to a medieval castle/dungeon on his second. There were about 10 of these storylines, each one contained in its own floppy disk; it also came with a comic/brochure explaining the story and game mechanics. The art was pretty similar to The Dig (it's NOT Space Quest, I've checked :( ) Thank you in advance!

Maybe Timequest (except he's not after his girlfriend but after an evil guy)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timequest

sampeng1:
I have one game I would like to know about, It is an arcade game. It has 3d graphics, it is of the fighting genre, the characters you choose from however are not the usual karate masters or ninjas, they are robots (or mechas)with different abilities, weapons and their own strengths and weaknesses. Just like in other fighting games you would fight one on one with an opponent and once you defeat the opponent you would move on to the next level.

The arcade machine itself was pretty big, it has two seats, two screens, and two sets of controls. The controls from what I remember their are two joysticks both are used to control your characters movement in different ways but only the right joystick has the trigger that fires weapons or attacks, One of the special control movements I remember is jumping which involves moving one of the control sticks forward and the other backwards at the same time.

One of the characters I remember is a robot that is colored white (this is his sort of "first player color" his second player color I do not remember however if you do not choose him as your character he will still be white when you fight him (he happens to be the first robot you fight if I remember correctly)) he is one of the faster moving characters, his weapon is a lance/laser gun which he even holds out in front as if it were a lance while he is running, He will also use his weapon as a sword at close range and a rifle for long range combat.

Another character I remember is (how can I explain this correctly) I remember both the first and second player colors of this particular robot but I don't remember if the green was the first color or if the brown was the first color. anyway this character is not as streamlined (or not as skinny) as the first character, he is a bit bigger, if I remember correctly he moves around either by hovering or on big wheels (I am pretty Shure it is by hovering) has what appear to be missile launchers on his shoulders (but they shoot barrages of fireballs instead), and he attacks enemies at close range with a flail mace.

Their are different 3d arena's of combat, some with water in the, some with large stones, others with lava if I remember, some arenas more round while others were rectangular. Another thing I remember is that some of these arenas were sort of designed to fit the opponent you are facing. for example one of the opponents has the ability to fly (I did not explain her because I don't remember much her about besides the fact that she can fly) the arena is created so the character is standing on a place where she can take off, and has enough space in the air to stay in flight. If anyone can tell what this game is or can post any images/videos I would be very great full.

Could be Rise of the Robots

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_of_the_Robots

of part too Rise 2: Resurrection

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rise_2:_Resurrection

Hello, there is another game i would need help with.
- i played it about 8-12 years ago on a pc (windows xp)
- game had a cartoonish style
- it was played top-down, but was a 3d game.
- gameplay was similar to "the legend of zelda a link to the past" but there are some differences.
- character could have different weapons (swords, shields, spears, ...)
- you were able to move in all directions (360°) and jump
- i think that you could also choose your character in the beginning
- you were able to explore the map and there were other NPCs, sheeps, guards ... and you could attack the guards and they would fight back.
- as i remember the most fighting was done in some kind of dungeons (but i don't remember how you got there). And in those dungeons you sometimes needed a torch to see anything.
- the enemys were cartoonish monsters but also other characters.
- i think that your enemys dropped equipment if you defeated them, and you could exchange it for your equipment. (but i don't think you had like a traditional inventory)
- pretty sure all enemys dropped coins (copper, gold, ..)

i've got one game i used to play.
it was an empire earth like game where you needed to set up an army to destroy the other player(computer).
at the beginning of the game you got one verhicle. in order to get money there were fields of crystals or gold that you had to sort of mow with the verhicle.
thats all i can remember, it has been a while:P

All I can remember is that it was early 90 ' s i think it was on the sega you could play Co op it was a haloween game or a spooky game u played as either a boy or a girl and you walked around a library can't remember why but the enemies were flying books. There was eary music going on in the background hope some one can help me

Hi everyone ! I'm trying to remember the name of an old game I used to play when I was younger,hope you can help me somehow. It's a kind of ball and paddle game but instead of the ball was a dog and instead of the paddle was a purple car with eyes and mouth. It has got a lot of levels. Please help me, anyone ! Thank you.

awol2shae:
So here is my mystery: old PC game, 90's.
You had two opposing teams, each with it's house where the player could train his units - 4 types if i remember correctly. A room with a punching bag for your soldiers, one with a TV, one with a chemistry set(?) for scientists. Player would assign normal units to the room he wanted then send the specialized ones out to the world. In the world player would set traps for his opponent's units: shark trap - shark coming out of the grass eating a poor fellow, tramboline trap - sometime launching one in the water etc. And the most striking detail: these little fuckers were constantly peeing on the house wall...

Found my own game's title: Baldies.

Roman78:

dantekaoz:
Hi

Ok here's an oldie. I remember playing this on Win 95. It was a point and click adventure, where you traveled to different time periods to try and rescue your girl and fight some sort of robot baddie. I distinctly remember the main character traveling to the prehistoric era on his first adventure; then to a medieval castle/dungeon on his second. There were about 10 of these storylines, each one contained in its own floppy disk; it also came with a comic/brochure explaining the story and game mechanics. The art was pretty similar to The Dig (it's NOT Space Quest, I've checked :( ) Thank you in advance!

Maybe Timequest (except he's not after his girlfriend but after an evil guy)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Timequest

Hey Roman. Sadly, it's not. Actually, looking up for possible screenshots of the game, I found a much better reference for the art: The Flashback, by Delphine Soft. Thank you very very much anyways Roman! (:

DeathChrist:
Been trying to find this one for ages but don't have much to go on.

I think it was around windows 95 era, it was an educational kids game with a few different mini-games.
What I remember is it had an Anagram game, a game involving naming shapes(up to maybe 10 sided shapes) and a few others. The theme of the anagram game was Aztec i think. But 2 things i distinctly remember above all. There was some kind
of dragon/dinosaur character who acted as sort of a guide, and the last game involved a roller-coaster. You had to
help the dragon/dinosaur get to the end by increasing and decreasing his speed at different points. If he went too fast he
would fly off the track on corners. If he went too slow he wouldn't make it up the slopes. It means a lot to me to find
this game as it was on my dads computer back then and unfortunately he isn't around anymore to ask him. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Fun School 5 in Time (:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fun-School-TIME-Jewel-Cased/dp/B0007LPMP0

OK so, this game has been lingering in my mind for YEARS and no matter how many Google searches, i cant find any information about it!

I haven't played this game since i was..four, maybe five, so my memory is /really/ vague about it.

So it was an educational game (i assume it was) that was a disc game for older computers. I specifically remember a part of the game that had a Fox in Egypt and a pig with a sumo wrestler? the backgrounds were usually black and had really bright colors, there were lots of greens and yellows. The fox character was a really bright red and the pig was a bright pink and possibly had lipstick on it. there wasn't much detail in the characters, it was pretty minimal.

All help and suggestions are really helpful so show me whatch'a got

Hi.I have been looking an old PC game. I think it was made around 1997(i can be wrong)its CD had light green picture on it( if i can remember correctly) and it was robots vs robots rpg/strategy game. Every turn you had choice to move and attack (like in normal rpg/strategy games) also you had lots of different laser and missile attacks to chooce from. The robots had different pilots to chooce from also ( i remember that one pilot was a brain inside some sort of water tank). The damage was inflicted into robots parts( if one part went red it was unuseable).

Sorry for my bad english and thx for help.

Does anyone know the names of these games:
A PC game where you have some sort of helicopter flying over a field , filling it in by drawing lines. If I remember right, the name had one or two letters 'X' in it.
A PS1 game where there are two kids collecting wings. (I played it for a very short time) [40 WINKS]
A PS1 game where you ride a motorbike as either a policeman or a biker and either chase or escape. (as far as I remember)
A PS1 platformer where you are a cock, and you can fly downward like a rocket. There was diving in a bathtub. I do not really remember anything, as I only played the demo that came on a CD with other games' demos.
A PC Super Mario Brothers clone where you are a penguin trying to save other penguins from being turned into pie. [PENGUIN PANIC]
A PC game where you are a rolling ball collecting stars. I remember it having a very advanced level editor. [MARBLE ARENA]
A PS1 game where you are a ball rolling around a set of cubes in the sky. Your view is rotated forwards if you roll off a ledge, and you simply roll onto the adjacent face of the cube you are on. You can be impaled by spikes, fall off the world, or be captured by something colourful. I remember the company making it having 'AB Sweden' or 'Sweden AB' after its name. I think the game has 'World' in its name. [KULA WORLD]
A PC platformer, very similar to Super Meat Boy, with the controlled character looking EXTREMELY like Super Meat Boy. The gameplay is also similar to Super Meat Boy, with deaths being common. It could have not been a Super Meat Boy Clone, however, as I remember playing it in 2007. In the story, I remember a lab and something about WW1. [JUMPER]

Hello, folks. So I be stalkin these place for quite some time and this thread of yours gave me a reason to jump aboard.

So here is the game.

We are talking about a shmup game, possibly in late 90s. I had played it on my PC, but im unaware if it had released on other platforms.

There is the earth at the center of the screen and your ship can only move around it.

Your purpose is to defend earth by shooting incoming projectiles. If the projectiles scored a hit on the planet, it would loose a chunk.

There were also AI ships that I think tried to shoot your ship directly instead of earth.

The Graphics were full 3D from an isometric perspective and in the menu there was a battle going on between AI ships in the background. I think this game recieved a sequel that went full 3D space combat.

I found a similar game called "galactic protector", but its 2D and much older.

Hello everyone :D I've been thinking about a game lately and i cant seem to remember its name.. I played it on my pc. All i remember is you were a human in space and you had to shoot aliens. It was a 3rd person shooter. The 1st level i remember was when you were falling down and you had to dodge rockets or something.. YOu played as 3 characters as far as i remember. You played as a human (with dark blue suit), Dog (on 2 legs) and a Professor.. I remember that when you were a professor you had to find your gun pieces and a somewhat blowing machine was made.. thats pretty much all D:. Please help.

Hi guys, I'm looking for the name of a pc word game I used to play when I was a little girl. All I remember is that you were on a street and you were looking at it from a Mario bros type view, there were houses and sidewalk such that you jumped on to collect letters. For some reason I thought it was called word girl
But I can't find anything with that name.... I can't jog my memory to remember any more, so I'm really hoping this will suffice. I've been planning to do a childhood games tattoo piece and this is one I'd like to include if I could just find the name and be able to maybe google a picture of it. I appreciate any help!

MTdO:
i've got one game i used to play.
it was an empire earth like game where you needed to set up an army to destroy the other player(computer).
at the beginning of the game you got one verhicle. in order to get money there were fields of crystals or gold that you had to sort of mow with the verhicle.
thats all i can remember, it has been a while:P

Command and Conquer or Red Alert check them out :P

AshieTheConfused:

Belle Johnson:
Hello Guys,

I'm looking for this game I played a long time ago. The graphics are RPG style. You play as a girl who lives in a village (I believe she can preform magic but just doesn't know it yet). One day she goes into a cave and this man gives her a bracelet or a ring. However, when she puts it on it makes her a slave and the man takes her away from the village. After becoming a slave or servant she tries to escape. That is all I can remember. Any ideas?

I played that game too! Aveyond: Rhen's Quest. It was extremely good, made by RPG maker i believe.

Thank you so much! It was driving me crazy trying to figure it out :)

Back in the day there was a coin-op arcade game I used to play that was pretty bloody. You are a warrior riding I believe a lion or tiger and you will attack giant enemies by jumping up at their necks and spinning around until the head comes off. it is multiple players. I can't remember the name of the game. Can anybody help???

Borka223:

A PC Super Mario Brothers clone where you are a penguin trying to save other penguins from being turned into pie.

I can only vouch for this one: SuperTux http://alternativeto.net/software/supertux/

dantekaoz:

DeathChrist:
Been trying to find this one for ages but don't have much to go on.

I think it was around windows 95 era, it was an educational kids game with a few different mini-games.
What I remember is it had an Anagram game, a game involving naming shapes(up to maybe 10 sided shapes) and a few others. The theme of the anagram game was Aztec i think. But 2 things i distinctly remember above all. There was some kind
of dragon/dinosaur character who acted as sort of a guide, and the last game involved a roller-coaster. You had to
help the dragon/dinosaur get to the end by increasing and decreasing his speed at different points. If he went too fast he
would fly off the track on corners. If he went too slow he wouldn't make it up the slopes. It means a lot to me to find
this game as it was on my dads computer back then and unfortunately he isn't around anymore to ask him. Any help would
be greatly appreciated.

Fun School 5 in Time (:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fun-School-TIME-Jewel-Cased/dp/B0007LPMP0

You do not even realise how much I love you right now! OMFG I LOVED THIS GAME!!! Just bought off ebay from USA(I'm in Ireland) so should have it in about 3 weeks :D

ok so looking for this old robot game, heres what i remember when you start the first mission(ive only played the demo) you start with a single robot with a claw that you can see at the top of the screen and you have to go and find a black box and bring it to a certain place, the second mission after you land on this place that has giant ants around, the robots back have a battery that you will need to replace otherwise you will run out of power. this is literaly all i remember i hope someone can find it, it was a pretty cool game and the title screen was like a circut board thingy i think where you could hear sparks not sure if you could accualy see them.
also i do remember getting this game from mofunzone but i cant look again since its changed
also also i do remember you could create structures with the robots like a factory to make new robots and a recharge station for said batterys you could swap between robots if you had more than one

iamlizbona:
Hello everyone :D I've been thinking about a game lately and i cant seem to remember its name.. I played it on my pc. All i remember is you were a human in space and you had to shoot aliens. It was a 3rd person shooter. The 1st level i remember was when you were falling down and you had to dodge rockets or something.. YOu played as 3 characters as far as i remember. You played as a human (with dark blue suit), Dog (on 2 legs) and a Professor.. I remember that when you were a professor you had to find your gun pieces and a somewhat blowing machine was made.. thats pretty much all D:. Please help.

MDK2

u45u:
ok so looking for this old robot game, heres what i remember when you start the first mission(ive only played the demo) you start with a single robot with a claw that you can see at the top of the screen and you have to go and find a black box and bring it to a certain place, the second mission after you land on this place that has giant ants around, the robots back have a battery that you will need to replace otherwise you will run out of power. this is literaly all i remember i hope someone can find it, it was a pretty cool game and the title screen was like a circut board thingy i think where you could hear sparks not sure if you could accualy see them.
also i do remember getting this game from mofunzone but i cant look again since its changed
also also i do remember you could create structures with the robots like a factory to make new robots and a recharge station for said batterys you could swap between robots if you had more than one

Reminds me a lot of Colobot. You could also write programs for these robots in C++, which was one of the most fun parts of the game...

I have a game that I've been looking for, for years! I can see what it looks like in my head but I can't think of the name of it for the death of me. It's a PC game, I want to say it's in the 90's, but I'm not sure. You play as a little boy with ginger hair and the game is in cartoon style. You live in a big house mansion with other different type of people, it's like a big apartment house of some sort. With plenty of weird characters. You start off going to the kitchen because it's diner time, but your older sister says that the diner menu is missing and you need to go find it somewhere in the house. From going to room to room and picking up things and solving puzzles to get different things in return for other things you get deeper into the house is the main point to the game. That's all I can remember. I do remember certain things about certain rooms. I remember you having to do a puzzle in the bathroom with boats and try to make sure your boat doesn't sink. I remember having to get something from a soda machine. Getting milk from a cow that was in the kitchen, literally in the fridge. Lol. There was a certain room that you couldn't get into unless you had a vip pass. This was my favorite game to play as a kid, and I really want to remember what it is called so I can find it and buy it.

I've already posted this, but the forum wasn't that active when I posted so now I'm hoping someone can help me please.

There are three other games that I can't remember the name of.

The first one was a PC game. I played all of these games in the late 90's so I don't recall when they might have been released. This game was actually a Dorling Kindersley education game but I don't know which one it is. I remember playing a bunch of mini games where you would learn about lots of different things about animals and places. It's sad that I can see these images in my head but I can't seem to describe them.

The second is also a pc game. It's actually a game meant for younger kids but I always found it fun. All I can remember if this part where you are in a cafe and you are surrounded by exotic animals. Like lions and elephants and giraffes. You had little things you had to do. I believe it's a point and click game.

The last game is also a pc game. It was a strange educational game. It was about science and I remember you had to make molecules and play strange lab games. It was sort of dark and eerie but in a good way. I think the game was either in a facility or a tree house. Those are two separate places, I know, but my memory isn't that great.

Any information anyone has would be helpful!

Bumping.

Platform: PC
Release date: late 1990's or early 2000's, most likely
Info: I used to watch my dad play, so I only remember bits and pieces of it, but what I do remember was that it took place in a dome that I think they kept criminals in and they build little societies (there was a new city and an an old city and one that was all nature aligned and things) and I think it played kind of like neverwinter nights, but I also remember it being 3d-ish (for that era) but I could also be mashing two games together now and it's making me crazy because I can't find any proof that this game ever existed. Help me .__.

Also I do recall at one part a guy keeps following you around and asks if he's annoying you every few steps.

Borka223:
A PS1 game where you are a ball rolling around a set of cubes in the sky. Your view is rotated forwards if you roll off a ledge, and you simply roll onto the adjacent face of the cube you are on. You can be impaled by spikes, fall off the world, or be captured by something colourful. I remember the company making it having 'AB Sweden' or 'Sweden AB' after its name. I think the game has 'World' in its name.

Pretty sure that's Kula World

awkwardgturtle:
Bumping.

Platform: PC
Release date: late 1990's or early 2000's, most likely
Info: I used to watch my dad play, so I only remember bits and pieces of it, but what I do remember was that it took place in a dome that I think they kept criminals in and they build little societies (there was a new city and an an old city and one that was all nature aligned and things) and I think it played kind of like neverwinter nights, but I also remember it being 3d-ish (for that era) but I could also be mashing two games together now and it's making me crazy because I can't find any proof that this game ever existed. Help me .__.

Also I do recall at one part a guy keeps following you around and asks if he's annoying you every few steps.

Sounds like Gothic...

Hello everyone, I played this (8 or 16 bit) game 10-12 years ago, you play a ~4 inch tall man(in my head it was batman, I'm pretty sure he had a cape) its a sidescroller, there was 2 player co-op, P1 was blue or purple, P2 was red or orange, the first level is in a kitchen, you fight enemies, at some point you have to get across the flames of a stove, and i think there's a level in the sewer, and a level where you have to climb a fence while fighting enemies. There's a level where you jump around on girders fighting something that i think looked like a flying lion. Please help me if you can. I'm 89% sure I'm not making this up.

If anyone can answer this question for me you will finally put my mind to rest after years of on/off hunting...

I was very young when I last played this games so I can remember only a few details..

I used to have a PC game that was on a floppy disk, along with a series of other random arcade style games. The one in particular that I am interested in hunting down was a game where you had a birds eye view of a 2D grid-like area. You were a blue(i think) tank like vehicle. You could shoot bubbles out of your tank but could also change your weapon based on what you picked up (I think bombs & missiles were among these weapons)

I can remember the movement of the game well. Once you hit one of the arrows to move in that direction, all enemies on the map also moved one square. They could not move until you moved, so essentially you could say it was turn based.

Oh and also I think they were occasionally treasure chests on the map that you could open if you had collected a key.

That is all I can remember.

PLEASE SOMEONE FIND THIS GAME.

u45u:

Reminds me a lot of Colobot. You could also write programs for these robots in C++, which was one of the most fun parts of the game...

[/quote]

thank you so much this has been bugging me for a while

Hello guys.
I remember playing this game during the early 2000's or so. The game itself maybe older. It involves a man and his mom I think. The guy goes to the forest to collect something(Firewood maybe?) but when he comes back his house will be on fire and his presumed mom dead. After that he tries to find what happened. The words Silk/Milk/Wood come to my mind when I think about the name of the game. Any help is greatly appreciated. Oh and there will be silvery huge cockroache like things that we have to kill throughout the game.

It's for the PC by the way. :)

dantekaoz:

Borka223:

A PC Super Mario Brothers clone where you are a penguin trying to save other penguins from being turned into pie.

I can only vouch for this one: SuperTux http://alternativeto.net/software/supertux/

I've played SuperTux 2 recently, and I've looked at screenshots of SuperTux, but it just seems different. The graphics were in a lower resolution. I have, however, immediately noticed extreme similarities between SuperTux (and 2) and the game I was refering to. I also remember that one featuring snowboarding, skateboarding, a snow world, a desert world and a factory world. It had MIDI music and the type of loading screen that I've seen in many other games which were made in YoYo GameMaker (an image in the middle of the desktop). I think the game had all the words in the title beginning with the same letter. As SuperTux is free, I'll try it out and see if the game I'm looking for is a clone.

Borka223:

dantekaoz:

Borka223:

I've played SuperTux 2 recently, and I've looked at screenshots of SuperTux, but it just seems different. The graphics were in a lower resolution. I have, however, immediately noticed extreme similarities between SuperTux (and 2) and the game I was refering to. I also remember that one featuring snowboarding, skateboarding, a snow world, a desert world and a factory world. It had MIDI music and the type of loading screen that I've seen in many other games which were made in YoYo GameMaker (an image in the middle of the desktop). I think the game had all the words in the title beginning with the same letter. As SuperTux is free, I'll try it out and see if the game I'm looking for is a clone.

Ohh, then I think it's Penguin Panic. http://sandbox.yoyogames.com/games/28-penguin-panic Although that game doesn't have any music, so I could be mistaken, but from what you are describing, this could be it.

Does anyone remember that that free online, open-world, tank game where each player could pick one of 4 colors (blue, red, purple. orange? It was hosted on one of those free flash-based game sites, "freearcade" or something. It had top-down, real-time, turn-based game play (basically it would queue up commands and then execute them 1 at a time in the order they were received, but there were no "rounds". There was a forum where players could organize raids and teamfights or whatnot because there was no in game chat and there was military rankings (pvt, corp, sgt, lieut, maj, col, general). You had to pick up fuel to keep moving and could pick up weapons (enhanced radar, shields, missiles, dual shot) and could build a base with your allies by moving stones around to create a blockade.

It was ton of fun and super popular in its heyday (early 2000's). It's been taken down for a while I know, but I just want to look up images and/or forums that discuss it if there are any around. I looked it up years ago and saw some talking about a re-make but I just can't find anything now. Help!

Oh, thank goodness for this thread! For YEARS I have been searching for a game I always played on my childhood computer.You played as a little mouse running around through space. There were various enemies around each level and little green aliens scattered about. while dodging and killing enemies with various items and powerups, you had to get to each alien. once you touched an alien it would start following you. You could also get large trails of aliens following you at once. If you were hit by an enemy while aliens are following you the aliens would scatter and run away. The goal of each level was to take all the aliens back to your spaceship. Any idea what game this is? It's been driving me crazy!

Pages PREV 1 . . . 421 422 423 424 425 426 427 428 429 . . . 916 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here