Old Games you remember playing but can't remember the name of.

Pages PREV 1 . . . 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 . . . 922 NEXT

Hi all, I'm hoping that someone can help me find a game from the mid to late 80s (or possibly very very early 90s, no later that 91)

All I can remember about the game is that it was a shareware game, and that it was either a top down shooter game with some puzzle elements, or that it was a top down puzzle game with some shooter elements. It had an overworld type map, and you entered different levels. The levels themselves were sort of unique in that at the top of the screen a word was displayed (such as Hardy, Tough, Brave ect) and I think this word determined if the level was more difficult or altered the layout of the map; I vaguely remember having to collect keys or destroy monsters to advance to a different level. The levels had several themes varying from cemeteries to UFOs, and I think the main character might have been some sort of monster hunter.

I can't really remember much else about the game, for some reason I think it was a late 80s basic game because I remember having to load it from a 5 1/2 inch floppy drive. If it isn't a basic game, it might possibly be a Commodore 64 game. I kick myself because I remember the game, just not clear enough to find it today on the internet.

can't remember much it was a third person/over the shoulder shooter you could only hold two weapons at a time you were either a robot or some one in full space marine armor with a back pack in a generic future city fighting red gorilla robots you had no health bar when you got hit parts of you would break off till you were a frame with a back pack one more hit would knock it off then you lost what ever weapon was in it and could not switch weapons and was one hit from death it was 3d i think it came out in the time frame after 1996 but before 2012 it had a lot of vehicle segments closest thing i could find was Metal Arms: Glitch in the System but it doesn't have the health mechanic

Hi guys, I'm looking for a game that I played when I was young. It was a side-scrolling CD game on PC platform in the year of 2000s may be(or 2000-2005), actually I don't know about the release date of it. I've tried my best to remember most of the game details but I cant remember the name of it.

The starting animation is talking about a man was locked in a tower in the sky, a mage(maybe?) casted magic to free him.
Although the game is side-scrolling game, it looks like 2.5D. The background is 2D picture but your character and the enemies are 3D image. It is a kind of adventure game, and you have a health bar and mana bar on the top left hand corner.
In the game you can choose 3 types of character, a young man with sword, a young girl with staff and a man using two-handed axe.
I remember some of the default button which are "Z" and "X", "Z" is using a light attack and "X" is a heavy attack.

There are several types of magic you can use, fire , ice, lightning and recovery.
Each type of magic divided into 5 levels, I only remember fire and ice.
Fire L1: Single fire ball drop on a single enemy (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Fire L2: Fire burning on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Fire L3: Lava blast at all enemies position
Fire L4: Large explosion (Area of effect)
Fire L5: Fire from the fire phoenix (Area of effect)
Ice L1: Ice Spikes appear at a single enemy's postion (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Ice L2: Ice Spikes appear at all enemies' position
Ice L3: Ice wall created on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Ice L4: Ice Storm (Area of effect)
Ice L5: Ice Age (Area of effect)

And here are the stage and the boss that I try my best to remember.
Stage 1 - Forest, boss: rock golem
Stage 2 - Floor 1
Stage 3 - Below 1, boss: ice drake
Stage 4 - Below 2, boss: 2 ghost
Stage 5 - Below 3, boss: skeleton mage(necromancer)
^And this boss I think is a main enemy of the game because my character need to talk to him before battle.
Stage 6 - Floor 2, boss: a flying, upper body, large skeleton with both scythe-shaded hand(hand bone)
Stage 7 - Floor 3, boss: fire drake
Stage 8 - Below 4

One more thing there are 5 different BGM in the game. Each of them is used for Stage1-5 respectively. And Stage 6 use the first BGM and so on.

I just only remember the stage name and the last stage that I reached is 8.
Please help me with this, it is a memory for me and I try my best to remember the details of it.

Foreword: Just in case you, dear reader, know any of those games below, I'd be most grateful if you'd send me a private message, instead (or in addition to) replying in this thread. The reason is: I simply don't visit this thread very often and your reply could get buried somewhere within 40 new pages I won't have time to go through. Thank you.

Now to the meat: I'm looking for 2 games I've played at my friend's PC long, long time ago (almost 20 years ago).

GAME Nr. ONE:

- The game was definitely released in late 90' or very early 2000'.
- It was isometric, somewhat "point'n'click adventure" game mixed with RPG.
- Player could choose 1 of 4 characters to play with. There was a man, a woman, some kind of a beast-man (all I can remember about him is that when selected, he'd say "Igor... MAD!" or something) and either a short dude in duck-like helmet or actually a duck-man (it was too long ago for me to actually remember).
- 1st stage was in prison. The player escaped their cell by getting a key from a bread loaf. Later they had to talk to some guy that helped remove a slave collar they have been wearing.
- 2nd stage was in some docks. I vaguely remember the player had to buy a beer at a tavern for some drunk guy in exchange for something (I don't recall what it was... either a key or a potion).
- 3rd stage was on a ship full of zombies. I remember a moment in which the player had to use an invisibility potion in the right time to pass through a zombie-crowded area of the ship.

------------------------------------------------

GAME Nr. TWO:

First of all: Due to the game being about toys, let me say what I'm NOT looking for:
1) Toy Story based games.
2) Army-men (the lil' plastic soldiers) games.

Now to what I do remember about the game:

- 3rd person perspective. Perhaps there was an option to switch to 1st person, but unsure.
- The game was about toys, most/all of which were animal-like in shape, although many were bipedal.
- The toys have used guns to shoot each other.
- The game was happening in a living room (huge from the player's perspective, as you were playing as a tiny toy).
- The games mechanics revolved around switching characters by picking up special tokens with the character icon/portrait. Each character had an unique ability, for example a Cat could climb furniture and a Dragon could glide by pressing jump button repeatedly.
- As far as my friend told me, this game came pre-installed when he got his computer (Windows, probably 98 or 2000).

Thank you all in advance, and just as a reminder: I'd be grateful for sending me a PM if you know any of those games. Otherwise I might miss your answer.

Edmond Lam:
Hi guys, I'm looking for a game that I played when I was young. It was a side-scrolling CD game on PC platform in the year of 2000s may be(or 2000-2005), actually I don't know about the release date of it. I've tried my best to remember most of the game details but I cant remember the name of it.

The starting animation is talking about a man was locked in a tower in the sky, a mage(maybe?) casted magic to free him.
Although the game is side-scrolling game, it looks like 2.5D. The background is 2D picture but your character and the enemies are 3D image. It is a kind of adventure game, and you have a health bar and mana bar on the top left hand corner.
In the game you can choose 3 types of character, a young man with sword, a young girl with staff and a man using two-handed axe.
I remember some of the default button which are "Z" and "X", "Z" is using a light attack and "X" is a heavy attack.

There are several types of magic you can use, fire , ice, lightning and recovery.
Each type of magic divided into 5 levels, I only remember fire and ice.
Fire L1: Single fire ball drop on a single enemy (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Fire L2: Fire burning on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Fire L3: Lava blast at all enemies position
Fire L4: Large explosion (Area of effect)
Fire L5: Fire from the fire phoenix (Area of effect)
Ice L1: Ice Spikes appear at a single enemy's postion (Auto targeting to nearby enemy)
Ice L2: Ice Spikes appear at all enemies' position
Ice L3: Ice wall created on the left side of right side (depends on character facing direction)
Ice L4: Ice Storm (Area of effect)
Ice L5: Ice Age (Area of effect)

And here are the stage and the boss that I try my best to remember.
Stage 1 - Forest, boss: rock golem
Stage 2 - Floor 1
Stage 3 - Below 1, boss: ice drake
Stage 4 - Below 2, boss: 2 ghost
Stage 5 - Below 3, boss: skeleton mage(necromancer)
^And this boss I think is a main enemy of the game because my character need to talk to him before battle.
Stage 6 - Floor 2, boss: a flying, upper body, large skeleton with both scythe-shaded hand(hand bone)
Stage 7 - Floor 3, boss: fire drake
Stage 8 - Below 4

One more thing there are 5 different BGM in the game. Each of them is used for Stage1-5 respectively. And Stage 6 use the first BGM and so on.

I just only remember the stage name and the last stage that I reached is 8.
Please help me with this, it is a memory for me and I try my best to remember the details of it.

Maybe an old Dungeons & Dragons game

I have a very vague memory of this game but I had it for Gameboy Advance SP. The game was kind of dark, but maybe that's just cause I was a kid. But anyways I just remembered having to fight bosses & then I could use their powers myself to transform afterwards in certain situations. I remember having to fight a boss in a desert/possibly Egypt? And I remember having to fight these fat worm like things in a cave. This is all I can manage to remember, this game was my childhood. 2d sprite graphics.

Hi - I remember paying a game on an emulator - I think SNES, but could have been Genesis - and it was top down - you moved three or soldiers around and they shot automatically upon being within range. Was more of a tactics game than an action game. Anyone have an idea?

@joeleedale I think that boots/top-down game is Chip's Challenge !

Well i hope somone can help me because this is gonna be hard
This game is an jrpg and it may be for snes or somthing around that
There are two main characters one is a kid and the other one is some kind of bull
The first scenario is like a little town i dont remeber if you go to a house or you fall on it but thats how it begins and so you fight some guys there

In this game you can also find partners to join your party

Another scenario is like an invisible dimension or something like that? And you fight ghosts
I hope you guys can help me

HI guys I honestly don't know if anyone will be able to understand or even comprehend a certain game I'm thinking about because I was like 7 or 8 when I played it but its either an early or mid 2000's video game, and it was most likely ps2 or PC other than that I'm not sure. it was a 2-D cartoonish vibrantly colored game that consisted of cartoon animals and the main character was a dog, I'm not sure if you could play as anything else, but I do remember you could change the color of the cartoon dog mine was a vibrant blue and green for example. You had a pretty big map where you visited other animals from different regions and did side quests for them and helped them find things and such. I vividly remember many quests involved digging for something and you could dig up pretty much anywhere and it left a little hole and sometimes you could find something other times not. there were vivid flowers and overall the game was very vivid. it was my favorite game growing up but the Internet as of yet has no idea what I'm talking about I hope you can help me!!!!

im trying to find an iphone game i played around the end of 2016 early 2017 where you ran around and killed skeletons where you collected powerups for guns you had a certain amount of time to beat the level.

Alright, this is all I remember.

There's this mystery/detective PC game from the 90's. There are 4 discs in the series, with the colours purple, blue, green and yellow/orange. For the purple game, you are somewhat guided through the game, receiving clues from minigames. I can't remember what happens at the end of it though. For the blue one, you have to use objects to put a ball in the hole and that would somehow help you in a way, but like the purple disc, I can't remember what happens in the end. The green and orange/yellow discs I have completely lost memory of. And the protagonists were either a frog or a mouse. I can't remember the antagonist.

Like I said, this is all I remember. If anyone could help, that would be amazing.

Hello.
So please be patient with me as I'm sorry but I was young at this age. From what I can remember it's an old PlayStation 2 game. The basic concept was you're some sort of human that can absorb abilities from creatures he's killed. Basically the part I remember playing was after killing a Crocodile like creature I gained the ability to swim underwater for long amounts of time which was needed to proceed into a dungeon where you fight a spider if I'm not mistaken. The cover was green and had a large eye on it (No not resident evil).
I'm sorry I can't provide more but that's all I remember. Thanks for the help.

Oh and another one for PC, Horror, also from the 90s, you are playing as this woman who just moved into a mansion with her husband. Turns out bunch of demon worshipping and such had gone on involving bunch of horrific stuff where as you explore you have the visions of it. Spanned across about 7 discs, and in the end the husband was possessed.

Any help would be appreciated, and thanks in advance.

Not sure about the first game, but this one is Phantasmagoria. It was Sierra's attempt at a horror game.

Hey there
I'm pretty sure no one is going to find this
I remember playing a flash web browser game where you had to build a city from scratch. The only tools you had were like 10 different builders you could each use only once. When you clicked on them, they built a new thing in the city, depending on what had already been built. This way, you could build different cities, depending on the order you used the builders. The goal was to build the greatest city, and every game costed around 5-10 min. (Guess we can call this a turn-based game)
If someone has a idea ...
(I'm French, forgive my bad English)

Hi!
I know this is a *pretty* long shot, but I thought I'd give it a whirl.

I'm looking for a game that I played in the late 90s, early 2000s. It's a children's game, and I'm fairly certain that it revolves mainly around math; the most vivid memory of it that I have is where a cow is in a hot air balloon and when you get a question right, the cow says "mooving right along". I think you also filled up trains with various items, including animals, until the train weighed the right amount.

I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, and it's something I'd love to get my kids.

Trying to remeberthe name of this game where, at the beginning, youre siting in this weird study and you're writing and an evil guy bursts in and steals your book or something like that. Then you spend the rest of the game finsing pages from your book and using clues to solve puzzles or something along the lines of that. So vague I know. Its set in a weird dessert setting if i remeber corectley and the evil guy had long messy hair.

Hi guys!!
I'm trying to remember the name of a game i played as a kid.
I don't remember if was on PSX or PS2...
It was a 3D 3rd person fantasy game. We play as a guy that keeps roaming by the maps, killing creatures (i think he has a sword). Also has a woman, i think we can choose to play with her too and i think she had a whip. I dont remember if we can use magic and stuff but i think so. We start the game in a forest i think. xD And i think it is a rpg action game or hack n slash. Looks a little like Evergrace from PS2.
Not so much information but i hope you guys can help me, please.
Thanks o/

hey,
a very long time ago i played a game as i remember i's name similar something like Hero's of lore or something
i played like 10-15 years ago.
game more older
there is a hero and 7 or 12 soldires per team.a hero have 7 moves a day or something.ground have some villages castles as i remember and two parts of map.one part is human white color or livable like.other part is dark like black gray.after 100 days a very powerfull army release from dark castle.when they reach to human castle we lose.
battle like board game hero is white color,as i remember soldiers like red,green,and golden soldiers.each can move one by one. soldiers can pass to hero to hero.

Hi guys..
I'm trying to remember the name of a game on ps1(or ps2 I don't really remember.. but I believe its ps1 game).

The game is shooting game that has:

1. 4 characters selection.(or 5 or 6 I don't really remember).
The char was 3 man and 1 woman. That's what I remember.
2. Its split screen. (Splitting side by side. Not up and down)
3. Vs and coop mode. (Yes. We could see others char and shoot them.)
4. The man and woman char was wearing all black suits.
5. The arena filled by medical kit.(and ammo and weapon I think. I dont remember the weapon and others. But the medical kit is sure thing).
6. Our char could jump on higher place. The animation is good too if we want to grasp the ground/wall in the higher place.
(The battleground is not flat).
7. Our view was behind the char that we use. I think.
8. The main screen is 4 character that is in the selection. Holding some guns. I think.
9. Its not fighting force.
10. No monster. No fantasy. Just shooting game with human vs human.
11. The battleground was dark. But we still see others char. And I think its in some cave or on incomplete construction building.

That's what I remember. I think not all memories was correct tho. But all of them was a good sensation that we could freely roaming around the battlefield and kill others while we had to survive picking medical kit. That's it.

Every little bit information is very useful. Provide me please. Thanks for answering.

Andrew Dash:
So this one has some real sentimental meaning. It was around 16 years ago, I was 5 years old and it was the very last video game my uncle played with me before he passed away. He is the reason I have a love of gaming at all.

So the game consisted of (now forgive my lack of memory - it WAS 16 years ago) racing. You were a car among around 16 - 24 racers and you were all driving on top of cubes. Like the race track was a giant literal rock cube. Perhaps there was others I only remember this one course. Now you knock other players off of the cube and they had a really cool looking cinematic for the car falling off of the course. I remember it looking realistic-ish. Like it wasnt cartoon graphics I dont think. The race cars were just that, like Rally cars and Le Mans cars and shit like that.

A couple added details are that the game was played on a PlayStation 1 and was capable of 4 player split-screen multiplayer. You also, once you fell off of the cube, never were able to keep going with the race. So this amazing memory caps off with me being the last racer on the course. Of course I came like last, but my mum, dad and uncle were all pushed off. Crazy to think he was younger than I am
now when he passed away. Any help would super appreciated. Thanks a bunch in advance.

Andrew.

Miracle Space Race? Mag Force Racing? Killer Loop? Carmageddon? Wipeout? Test Drive 4? Gran Turismo (1997)? Daytona USA?

michael13599:
can't remember much it was a third person/over the shoulder shooter you could only hold two weapons at a time you were either a robot or some one in full space marine armor with a back pack in a generic future city fighting red gorilla robots you had no health bar when you got hit parts of you would break off till you were a frame with a back pack one more hit would knock it off then you lost what ever weapon was in it and could not switch weapons and was one hit from death it was 3d i think it came out in the time frame after 1996 but before 2012 it had a lot of vehicle segments closest thing i could find was Metal Arms: Glitch in the System but it doesn't have the health mechanic

Is it a mech game? If so, some suggestions:
Shogo? Iron Assault? Slave Zero? Shattered Steel? Or maybe one of these: http://www.mobygames.com/game-group/battletech-universe ?
Also check out Cyberbots: Full Metal Madness

Rikdeer:
Hi!

I'm looking for a game that I played in the late 90s, early 2000s. It's a children's game, and I'm fairly certain that it revolves mainly around math; the most vivid memory of it that I have is where a cow is in a hot air balloon and when you get a question right, the cow says "mooving right along". I think you also filled up trains with various items, including animals, until the train weighed the right amount.

I can't remember the name of it for the life of me, and it's something I'd love to get my kids.

Almost certain it's Interactive Math Journey.
If not, then check out Math Circus, Castle of Dr. Brain and the Big Thinkers games by Humongous Entertainment.

There is an old rts war game I used to play. There is a campaign and a two player mode you can play. All your units are one color. You gain money through some means and use that to make dozens of different types of units like tanks, airplanes, cars, infantry and you try to destroy the opponents HQ. It is a side-scrolling game.

The terrain was very destructible, though there wasn't much variation to terrain (there was water). It had graphics similar to Scorched Earth and gameplay similar to TASO 131. The gameplay was much less chaotic than TASO 131 and more complicated than Scorched Earth.

I'm trying to find two games. WOW TWO!
The first one you played as a red devil, with a bird compaion. They lived in a brick house. And it was a puzzle game. I remember one room had like 10 doors.

The other game was you were in an apartment and you couldn't leave. You could send letters and cook bird food?

That's all u remember.

cristyro:

Rikdeer:
Hi!

Almost certain it's Interactive Math Journey.
If not, then check out Math Circus, Castle of Dr. Brain and the Big Thinkers games by Humongous Entertainment.

YES! HOLY COW YOU DID IT! Thank you so much! I appreciate the help!

Hi

I'm looking for an old (1997-1999?) game where you control a ball in open 3D mazes with psychedelic colours. There are many obstacles and you should not fall, you have to reach the end of the level and collect crystals. It had a bit of 'demoscene' feel, had 3D graphics of PS1-like era, it was freeware (or a demo) and worked on Windows 98. I got it from one of those CD-rom with one hundred games... I tried my best to search everywhere for it without success :/

looking for a ps2 game. remember very little about except that it was semi fast paced for those times and it was like a robot-ish type game (i think). all i remember is u had to go from one side of a long platform to the other side, up the elevator to the next panel and get to the other side and on the elevator and so on. u would just go from one side to the other, shooting everything continuously to move up floors.

I am struggling with this old PC game I used to play.

-Possibly late 90s-early 2000s
-PC game
-I remember animals
-You would feed the cat and play with a cat toy (one of the string)
-You could also feed a fish

It's not much to go on, but any help is appreciated!

Finding a game around 2000-2008
You control a platform armed with missiles (rockets) and shoot down incoming waves of asteroids that will hit Earth
You will shift to a part of the planet for each waves finished.
Kinda arcade like iirc
That's literally everything i can recall, hope i can get some clues from here

Hi

I'm looking for this pc rpg or adventure game way back 2012 or earlier, not really sure of the year.

1. The graphics is somewhat like ragnarok online (but its not online and it has a story).
2. It has only 3 character classes (knight/warrior, summoner, assassin???).
3. The summoner class had familiars as weapons, the familiars shoots beams or energy blast and the number of familiars goes up (Max 6 familiars if I'm not mistaken) as you get stronger. And if I remember correctly the familiars looks like floating eyes, I guess.
4. You explore a castle or a dungeon and fight like beat'em-up game.
5. The characters are chibi-like, they're small and cute.

Hope you could help me. Many Thanks!

hey guys

the game i'm looking for is a fighting game on ps1 i'm sure it's not very famous what i can remember is that the cover was a blindfolded man with a red background; and a few characters including the blindfolded man and a green hawk

i know it's not much to go on hope someone knows it. Thanks!

Hi

Im looking for an old game from the 1990s i think its a 2d game where you have to collect keys to free prisoners from the jail but there is guards/police/cops that keeps following you and you have to run from them and it looks a little like dig dug the old game because you have to dig in the game and you can drop stone/rocks on the guards/police/cops head

please tell me the name for the game.

elbrando:
Hi

I'm looking for an old (1997-1999?) game where you control a ball in open 3D mazes with psychedelic colours. There are many obstacles and you should not fall, you have to reach the end of the level and collect crystals. It had a bit of 'demoscene' feel, had 3D graphics of PS1-like era, it was freeware (or a demo) and worked on Windows 98. I got it from one of those CD-rom with one hundred games... I tried my best to search everywhere for it without success :/

I reply to myself here for ppl interested, I found the game it was "I Got Some Balls". I highly recommend it !

Pages PREV 1 . . . 878 879 880 881 882 883 884 885 886 . . . 922 NEXT

Reply to Thread

Have an account? Login below:
With Facebook:Login With Facebook
or
Username:  
Password:  

Not registered? To sign up for an account with The Escapist:
Register With Facebook
Register With Facebook
or
Register for a free account here