DnD. Your Characters. Let's hear 'em.

Pages PREV 1 2

I'm more of a DM so I don't get much time to flesh out my character, but here he is anyway:

He's a Tiefling Warlock named Xvaster Vicelord. He was born on another plain, and because of which, was naturally gifted with Arcana. He was later adopted into a Tiefling merchant family, but disgraced them due to his inability to control his emotions. During one such fit of rage he triggered his Arcana which he never knew existed. After which he left his family in search of his true self. He also worships the Raven Queen in the hope she will guide him to his destiny.

Haven't played, but I might start next Mondays & next Wednesdays(My friend agreed to DM during an Anime Club we have at school. Part of the club might play Monday, the other part might play Wednesdays).

My Character Ideas(ones I intend on using):

Alejandro Fernando *some mariachi music plays*: Very charismatic Human Bard; has the titles "Man Who can Hear the Music"(reference to ABBA) and "The 3-Legged Man"(guess what that means! XD).
I'm hoping we end up fighting Tiamat, so that the whole group gets to kill one head for each person. I want Alejandro to kill the head he got by cockslapping her in the face!(I managed to talk my friend into letting us have a "So Awesome It HAS TO Work" card.)

Richard Rerednaw: Human Monk who I want to take the Apostle of Peace prestige class. Very calm & kind; He tries to avoid violence and prefers to talk things over, but if he has to fight he'll kick some ass!

Augur: Human Warlock with an Inferiority Complex. Frequently has nervous breakdowns whenever he's being asked to many questions too quickly, or is being yelled at. When these breakdowns happen, he frequently ends up killing people(unknowingly) and can't remember what happened.

hey all, saw this thread and thought i would let you know.. we do have a group here on the escapist for online D&D campaigns if anyone is interested in joining. We have one group running now which is currently full but we are looking for ways to get new groups together and running, our group uses ventrilo and maptools for our sessions

long story short, WE NEED DMS! if anyone is interested just pop into the group and say hi :)

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/groups/view/The-Escapist-Online-RPG-Group

In a recently-started 4th edition campaign I have a 2nd level Eladrin Swordmage called Muirvah (or Malcolm if you ask the DM). The first thing he did was kill a Drow and a Half-elf who were attacking an inn...and happened to be the other two players. That adventure didn't go very well.

In the second one the most health damage he received in one go was from a bowl full of soup being smashed round his face (in a critical hit mind you) by a guy he was trying to sneak up on. Good times.

savageoblivi0n:
hey all, saw this thread and thought i would let you know.. we do have a group here on the escapist for online D&D campaigns if anyone is interested in joining. We have one group running now which is currently full but we are looking for ways to get new groups together and running, our group uses ventrilo and maptools for our sessions

long story short, WE NEED DMS! if anyone is interested just pop into the group and say hi :)

I'm interested to see how this'll work out. Joined up. I'm relatively new and am planning on DMing for a group I'm gathering up so a bit of a hands on would be brilliant!

my favorite was a half rogue 2nd edition his name was Gray omen and he was the prince of thieves

AnAngryMoose:

savageoblivi0n:

I'm interested to see how this'll work out. Joined up. I'm relatively new and am planning on DMing for a group I'm gathering up so a bit of a hands on would be brilliant!

coolness :D any questions just post on the chat thread and one of us'll usually be around at some point

I play a human fighter named Will Vandrell.

I can't remember much of the character sheet, except for a charisma score of 5. He's quite cold and cynical. And he's slightly mentally unstable (First thing I/he did in the campaign was going to a tavern and trying to threaten a man into giving us their table. When he refused, I/he knocked him unconscious with the flat of my sword. Then his buddies tried to kill us. So we killed them.)

I've got a level 5 half-elf Bard named Delloric Hell-Fate, we had to make a backstory and here's what I came up with (slightly slightly based on Patrick Rothefuss' novel The Name of the Wind)

Born the bastard son of an elvish woman and a traveling minstrel, Delloric has never had a great life. His clan looked upon him with disgust and his mother always felt a great shame for giving birth to him. When he was old enough to take care of himself, he was cast out of the clan. Seeking to find his father and a place to belong he looked for a band of traveling minstrels. Although he never found his father, one group did take him in and proceeded to teach him the ancient ways of the bard. For ten years he was raised by the group and they became like a family to him. One night however a chill wind blew, and a dark force descended on the camp, a powerful mage and his horde of summoned demons. They slaughtered everyone, except Delloric. The mage himself looked upon him that night and smiled, "It is not your fate to die here tonight, you will live and serve your purpose, but remember this, we will meet again, in hell." Delloric crushed by the loss of his family, travelled alone to the nearest city. The bastard had never had a surname, and he decided that his fate of encountering the mage again was inspiration enough for a name. Thus Delloric Hell-fate was born in the southern city of Dayrim, and began to build his reputation as a bard. But hiding under the wining smile and biting sarcastic wit was a pain that he believed could only be dulled by finding his father. When a man matching his description ( a human bard of great skill) was said to be among a military company heading into the Grey Realms, Delloric decided he would go as well and seek him out...

savageoblivi0n:

AnAngryMoose:

savageoblivi0n:

coolness :D any questions just post on the chat thread and one of us'll usually be around at some point

Just a quick question, how exactly does it work? Is it done through the group chat, or what?

It hasn't gotten off the ground yet, but we're doing a pulp fiction D&D game

I play a private eye/ gangster. Once blackmailed for going after a big time politician, took up the life of an assassin. Brutally tourturing and snuffing out targets that get him cash. waiting for the one chance to put a perfectly placed sniper bullet into politician's head and making it a bloody spectacle for all

AnAngryMoose:

savageoblivi0n:

AnAngryMoose:

savageoblivi0n:

Just a quick question, how exactly does it work? Is it done through the group chat, or what?

well we use the group chat to talk to each other when we're not in a session, but when we're gaming we talk through ventrilo and our DM runs the game through a maptools server we connect to

I don't play PnP, since my group kinda fell apart before it got off the ground. But I do play DDO, so I'll list my main character from that one.

-Name: Drakelius Des Morte
-Race: Human
-Class: Paladin
-Alignment: Lawful Good
-Birth Date: Zol, Sypheros 17th, 978 YK
-Height: 6'2"
-Weight: 210 lbs.
-Eye Color: Brown
-Hair Color: Black
-Blood Type: O Negative
-Distinguishing Features: Scar down left eye
-Character Bio: Formerly a soldier in the Last War, and now a Paladin of the Sovereign Host, Drakelius Des Morte vowed to destroy all traces of evil from the face of Eberron after seeing his best friend, Gregor Ravensgate, kidnapped by cultists to be sacrificed to the Devourer. Though he was only 10 years old, he followed the cultists to try and save his friend. He managed to rescue Gregor, but not before the cultists had broken his mind and will beyond hope of rehabilitation. Drakelius was injured in the rescue, receiving a scar down his left eye, which he now treats as a reminder of what began his crusade against evil. Due to the danger associated with his lifestyle and the number of enemies he has made fighting the forces of darkness, Drakelius has not seen or spoken to his family, save for his brother Wyndreth, since he left his home in Aundair at age 15 to destroy the evils that claimed his friend. Over the years, he has found that he despises Mephits more than anything else.

Likes: Bastard swords, Adventure, Small farms, Beef stew, Ale.
Dislikes: Mephits, Trolls, Evil in general, The Dark Six, Deception.

I have three other characters, too. I'll spoiler them to save space.

savageoblivi0n:

AnAngryMoose:

savageoblivi0n:

AnAngryMoose:

savageoblivi0n:

well we use the group chat to talk to each other when we're not in a session, but when we're gaming we talk through ventrilo and our DM runs the game through a maptools server we connect to

Ah right. Thanks for that!

Right now I'm having fun with Crim, my lvl 4 Kalashtar Bard. Bearing an ancient family curse for bad luck and being chased all around Eberron by an insidious group, Crim still finds time for the small things. Like money.

Just recently, I re tuned him from a fun little puppeteer into murder machine.

I also have a lvl 4 Psion with nothing really set in stone except for his horrendous power.

crimson5pheonix:
Right now I'm having fun with Crim, my lvl 4 Kalashtar Bard. Bearing an ancient family curse for bad luck and being chased all around Eberron by an insidious group, Crim still finds time for the small things. Like money.

I also have a lvl 4 Psion with nothing really set in stone except for his horrendous power.

you and that whining about money >.>

i'm playing a lvl 4 human fighter named Mikhail who's backstory...umm..i dun know too much about right now, i tend to let DM's have fun, which sometimes ends up being masochistic but well...
other than that he's pretty much an apathetic alcoholic with a sword and hammer...good times....good times

(and yeah crim's a great bard when he can sing on-key heheheh ^.^ )

savageoblivi0n:

crimson5pheonix:

i'm playing a lvl 4 human fighter named Mikhail who's backstory...umm..i dun know too much about right now, i tend to let DM's have fun, which sometimes ends up being masochistic but well...
other than that he's pretty much an apathetic alcoholic with a sword and hammer...good times....good times

I'll stop whining when I stop losing all my money because you get beat up by some wuss >.>

And with these updates, I have the equivalent of an auto-tuner.

crimson5pheonix:

savageoblivi0n:

crimson5pheonix:

I'll stop whining when I stop losing all my money because you get beat up by some wuss >.>

last i checked the only time we lost our money was because we got our collective asses handed to us by a cult lol

and an auto-tuner eh? so should we change your characters name to biebs?

Gimdalf, the magical dwarf with dwarf syndrome. He is besically a walking beard. I played A game where he pretended to be the beards of people in an army, then he snapped their necks and jumped to the next person.

savageoblivi0n:

crimson5pheonix:

savageoblivi0n:

crimson5pheonix:

last i checked the only time we lost our money was because we got our collective asses handed to us by a cult lol

and an auto-tuner eh? so should...

Hold up, hold up, hold up. Imma let you finish but, I have one of the best Bards OF ALL TIME!

Yeah, and by the time I could make the boss explode with lightning, you were already nearly dead.

Pffft, you sad people who play classic DnD, rather than me and my friends who played it like a version of GTA.

We tried it, but when we realized we had no dice the original premise was thrown out the window.

I was some wizard who could hardly walked and had a thing for fire. I set shoes, clothes and towns on fire.

Oh yeah, and we all were an unstoppable antihero tagteam.

Lvl 4 Human Rogue from 3.5 named Geth D'Ature.

my character is a male human. he works full-time, has a girlfriend, and enjoys going to the bar for a few drinks and watch sport. he actually has a life.

lol sorry i couldnt resist, i hate how things like this get a negative stereotype. its not something id commit to but it seems like it would be a good laugh to play once or twice especially with some booze.

To the R O A to the M I N I'm a crime solvin' rank 4 Paladin (with multiclass warlord). Thats pretty much all the i need to describe.

Now I am prepared to be yelled at for not thinking of my own character now.

(I do also play as a shardmind psion occasionally)

Man, you're opening a can of worms here. Every DnD player wants to talk forever about their characters.

Basil Van Vernor: human bard, level 14. Neutral good. 34, red hair and beard, top of his head is bald. Follower of Obad'Hai, and plays his holy instrument, the shawm. Except for his bright blue cape, wears only greens and browns. Green diamond-print leggings and high boots make him stand out even more. While his combat prowess is limited, his powerful music and good healing spells make him a valuable guide.
Loves nature and the bar scene, hates needless violence.

Crispin Cain: human monk, level 3. True neutral. Unknown age, entirely bald save for eyebrows, copper skin. Uses fists in combat, carries a tall walking stick at all times. Very tall, covered from ankle to neck in bandages. Wears brown face-covering mask and over-the-shoulder half-cloak, as well as beige headband and sandals. Strangely aggressive in combat for a monk, prefers to deal many strikes rather than one.
Loves letting his fists fly freely, hates too many questions.

The only thing all my characters ever seemed to have in common or ever really need was a crossbow. Any time I had a crossbow I just pulled out a string of terrifying boss destroying rolls. Whether it was shooting the sandal flap of a fleeing NPC so they could be captured and spill the beans on the major plot, or critical the major boss with an eye shot, this just happened again and again, to the point where my characters used to all carry one for when things got ugly. I can count the misses I made as being under 10, 9 I think. In some ways the crossbow was more my character than the characters.

I have roughly 6 straight years of NPCs.
Not as many player characters though.

Let me find the archives...

I play a Kenku Bard (lvl 10) named Adara. At the age of 54, he has long outlived the normal life expectancy of a Kenku, his feathers having turned a pale gray. He is a master of deception and disguise. He more than makes up for his weak combat skills with his high bluff, diplomacy and intimidate, getting whatever information is needed or lying in order to get what suits his needs.

DM's hate my character. :D

FortheLegion:
Damn I wish i played but I don't know anybody who plays in my area...

Your not alone. Man, the last game I played didn't go so well. It became my second and last. One a more positive note, there's tool to play online. If you find a group willing and each have the right edition (4d or 3.5, pathfinder, gurp...etc) You can play using Skype.

I think the program is call OPEN RPG.

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked