Bioware forums explode as Mass Effect 3 ending details are leaked. *MINOR SPOILERS*

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 18 NEXT

I love how Bioware calls squadmates henchmen.

If I ever make a game, that is what the protagonist shall call his squad.

That or goons.

Are we sure that these leaks are accurate? Are we sure that this isn't someone on a trolling spree?

erttheking:
Are we sure that these leaks are accurate? Are we sure that this isn't someone on a trolling spree?

If so, then it's not really that big of a deal anyway. The game is only a week away and it wasn't exactly like Mass Effect was high art and the spoilers will blow our minds or something.

erttheking:

uncertain, but most of the leaks have been true so far. . . .

boag:

erttheking:

I don't know, the only one that was really confirmed was from ashes.

erttheking:

boag:

erttheking:

erttheking:

boag:

erttheking:

Some people already have their hands on the game. Whether or not these spoilers are real remains to be seen.

I definitely believe that entire script leak earlier last year was real, because that thing was fucking huge and someone would have to put an insane amount of time into fabricating that. Then again, that was an early script, and from what I hear a lot of it was changed.

Ultratwinkie:

Eddie the head:
Depressing like inFAMOUS 2 good ending or depressing like Resistance 2 ending?

Basically, Bioware copies Warhammer 40k.

I mean REALLY? You fucking copy an IP that's been around for DECADES?! And a chapter of its history that everyone knows?

Is Bioware that bad at writing it has to copy paste an entire landmark of another IP's story?

Copied or used the same basic story archetypes? I watched the twilight zone as a kid IE most story's never surprise me.

Eddie the head:

Ultratwinkie:

Eddie the head:
Depressing like inFAMOUS 2 good ending or depressing like Resistance 2 ending?

I mean REALLY? You fucking copy an IP that's been around for DECADES?! And a chapter of its history that everyone knows?

Is Bioware that bad at writing it has to copy paste an entire landmark of another IP's story?

Copied or used the same basic story archetypes? I watched the twilight zone as a kid IE most story's never surprise me.

basically its this:

They copied the Warhammer 40k's history pretty closely. Its almost like Bioware wanted Mass Effect to become Warhammer. I cant explain it without spoiling it.

AstylahAthrys:
I just read the spoilers. All I can say is... what the fuck. What. The. Fuck. If I get the ending mentioned in the topic OP, I will murder puppies.

Could you give me a link to them? I'm very curious. It cold be in PMs if you don't want to link it here.

I read the spoilers and... it does kinda make sense for reasons or another.

The reason I enjoy a bittersweet ending to a game(Dragon Age:Origins, Mask of the Betrayer, ect) is when I have the option to get a super happy ending. But if you can't, and all your options leave you screwed, then it loses weight, at least to me.

Regardless, it comes out when I'm on spring break. And I'm going to try to wait till summer.

No thanks for spoilers. I would rather actually play the game and not ruin the ending for myself and enjoy guessing so I can feel smart at the end.

The only thing you need to consider when looking at Bioware's failures is Electronic Arts. Destroyer of all things good.

Ultratwinkie:

Eddie the head:

Ultratwinkie:

basically its this:

They copied the Warhammer 40k's history pretty closely. Its almost like Bioware wanted Mass Effect to become Warhammer. I cant explain it without spoiling it.

Let's not argue who copied who, it's a common sci-fi trope in general.

I do love all the nerd rage on the forums though. "BIOWARE SHOULD BE ASHAMED THAT THEIR GAME DOES NOT GIVE ME THE EXACT ENDING THAT I WANTED" I think people should calm down a bit. I get people are invested in the series and all, but at the end of the day, it's just a game. If they don't like it, they should just call it out for what it is, and move on.

Of course, that would be the rational thing to do and the internet is hardly rational.

AlternatePFG:
Let's not argue who copied who, it's a common sci-fi trope in general.

I do love all the nerd rage on the forums though. "BIOWARE SHOULD BE ASHAMED THAT THEIR GAME DOES NOT GIVE ME THE EXACT ENDING THAT I WANTED" I think people should calm down a bit. I get people are invested in the series and all, but at the end of the day, it's just a game. If they don't like it, they should just call it out for what it is, and move on.

Of course, that would be the rational thing to do and the internet is hardly rational.

Yeah, but even if you did everything right, you can't even get an idealized ending. If you could save the galaxy if you did absolutely motherfucking everything right, the uproar wouldn't be as vocal.

Really, fuck the plot of Mass Effect. I've railed against the series and Bioware about their bullshit narrative, stupid contrivances to keep the plotholes filled and bland humans.

But by god, I do love some of the characters. I'm in Bioware's favor in making the series end on tragedy, but to fuck over the characters like they do is brutally wrong.

Victor Coste said it well.

Freechoice:
Yeah, but even if you did everything right, you can't even get an idealized ending. If you could save the galaxy if you did absolutely motherfucking everything right, the uproar wouldn't be as vocal.

Really, fuck the plot of Mass Effect. I've railed against the series and Bioware about their bullshit narrative, stupid contrivances to keep the plotholes filled and bland humans.

But by god, I do love some of the characters. I'm in Bioware's favor in making the series end on tragedy, but to fuck over the characters like they do is brutally wrong.

Victor Coste said it well.

I don't think there's really anything wrong with the best ending being bittersweet at best. Defeating the Reapers otherwise would just seem to be like a Deus Ex Machina, even if you did everything right.

The plot for the series (Especially ME2's main storyline) is definitely filled with terrible plot holes and poor writing, I don't think you can possibly deny that. Yeah, the characters are pretty damn likeable, but from what I hear, in the best ending the fate of your crew isn't really that bad. Even if it was, with the tone BioWare's been going since the second game (Anyone can die) I don't find a high bodycount ending very surprising.

AlternatePFG:

The plot for the series (Especially ME2's main storyline) is definitely filled with terrible plot holes and poor writing, I don't think you can possibly deny that.

No shit. That's why I said it.

AlternatePFG:

People say they start to glow different colors depending on the ending, but with the Omega-4 Relay we already know there are different colored relays and no one outright states they're destroyed.

Unless they just don't fucking work, which, from what I read, is the case in all circumstances.

So there isn't an actual leaked script?

It's not even a script leak. It's a secondhand summary written by someone who allegedly played the game.

Yeah, that sounds real trustworthy. I call foul without actual evidence.

I've already stated that I am not buying the game, but I will remain cautious on this one. In the end, I don't care if the finale is spoiled, but in the meantime, I get to watch the Social Forums detonate for the millionth fucking time.

Interesting days ahead.

Soviet Heavy:
I've already stated that I am not buying the game, but I will remain cautious on this one. In the end, I don't care if the finale is spoiled, but in the meantime, I get to watch the Social Forums detonate for the millionth fucking time.

Interesting days ahead.

I know. Between that Cerberus Soldier guy and that one that said Bioware crafts amazingly rich, "majestic" stories that can change the face of the medium, I'm finding myself short of breath.

God, I can't wait until there's an official post in those threads.

Freechoice:

Soviet Heavy:

Interesting days ahead.

I know. Between that Cerberus Soldier guy and that one that said Bioware crafts amazingly rich, "majestic" stories that can change the face of the medium, I'm finding myself short of breath.

God, I can't wait until there's an official post in those threads.

More likely the thread will end with Stanley Woo coming in to shout END OF LINE. The social forums have terrible moderation, but I love how uncontrollable the rage gets when the mods step out for a few minutes/hours/days/weeks.

Bioware Writer: "Writing endings for ME 3 will be simple, it all depends on the player's choices so we can have several outcomes ranging from good to bad."

EA Executive: "I'm thinking that if we make all the endings bad and unsatisfying, the players will be forced to buy more DLC and sequels to find out what really happened. We'll just say they have clones, or time travelers, or whatever. They'll buy it."

RedEyesBlackGamer:

AstylahAthrys:
I just read the spoilers. All I can say is... what the fuck. What. The. Fuck. If I get the ending mentioned in the topic OP, I will murder puppies.

Could you give me a link to them? I'm very curious. It cold be in PMs if you don't want to link it here.

Both links are already posted, but in case anyone else missed it too:

The link to BSN: http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-Gameplay-Discussion-Spoilers-allowed/So-we-can039t-get-the-ending-we-want-after-all-9512916-1.html

And the other summaries http://pastebin.com/dUiLznSD

AstylahAthrys:

RedEyesBlackGamer:

AstylahAthrys:

The link to BSN: http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass-Effect-3/Mass-Effect-3-Gameplay-Discussion-Spoilers-allowed/So-we-can039t-get-the-ending-we-want-after-all-9512916-1.html

Sorry, when I quoted you, I thought that there was an actual leaked script. I apologize for bugging you for no reason.

RedEyesBlackGamer:

AstylahAthrys:

RedEyesBlackGamer:

Sorry, when I quoted you, I thought that there was an actual leaked script. I apologize for bugging you for no reason.

Tis totally okay! I got to see your awesome avatar because of it! And I second your following post. You know, this one.

RedEyesBlackGamer:
So there isn't an actual leaked script?

It's not even a script leak. It's a secondhand summary written by someone who allegedly played the game.

Yeah, that sounds real trustworthy. I call foul without actual evidence.

The more I read, the more inclined to believe we're being trolled.

*shrug* I don't think it is that bad or at least no worse than usual assuming this is actually real and not someone trolling but then ME never had great writting IMHO. Defeating the reapers should be costly. A bittersweet ending fits.
Edit: didn't see the bit about the LI's, I'm inclined to believe this fake then or at least that this part of it is. I can't imagine Bioware screwing up that badly.

DementedSheep:
*shrug* I don't think it is that bad or at least no worse than usual assuming this is actually real and not someone trolling but then ME never had great writting IMHO. Defeating the reapers should be costly. A bittersweet ending fits.
Edit: didn't see the bit about the LI's, I'm inclined to believe this fake then or at least that this part of it is. I can't imagine Bioware screwing up that badly.

See that's why I'm inclined to believe it, Bioware has pretty damn good history at screwing up things that require information from a previous game.

OT: I'm still getting the game, though I am still planing on not buying any DLC for it, especially if they come out three months from now with a DLC we have to pay for that "fixes" then ending like Beth. did with Fallout 3.

That's fine with me. As long as the depressing endings are done well.

It's not always about the ending -even though a good ending can save a mediocre series- but it's all about the journey there. As long as it doesn't throw Singularity level nonsensical endings at us I'm perfectly fine with Shepard failing to protect the universe.

+1 for making fanboys weep, Bioware

Edit:

But it^ would never happen because Bioware has too many other fans to appeal too. Even with multiple endings you aren't going to please everybody, Bioware.

Need proof? Screen shot time baby!

Now in edited Spoilered Edition.

How dare they not make the ending everybody wants?

Where everybody who died in the first two games miraculously comes back to life, the My Little Ponies show up to teach the Reapers the magic of friendship, and everybody strolls off hand-in-hand on a bridge of rainbows into a new universe of complete peace and tranquility?

Oh, right, because having a good ending full of sunshine and happiness would be completely retarded, in a game series like this.

Canadish:
Need proof? Screen shot time baby!

Dude, I might be one of the detractors, but for your own sanity, spoiler those things.

I was just on the Bioware boards actually. And yes, they are lighting up like a match thrown on to an ocean of oil.

As for my thoughts.

So, I'm not particularly mirfed about it.

SillyBear:

Wait, this is coming as a shock to people? Does no one remember the ending of ME3 that I called this summer?

My predicted endings (these are not spoilers, as they are my guesses, not based on any info aside from playing ME1 and ME2):

So yeah - if anyone thought this was going to end with triumph and ticker-tape parades, I think they were kidding themselves.

Edit: I have now read the spoilers.

And... oooh, cool! Sad, but there's some cool shit going down at the end of this game. I won't say anything specific, except that I am not feeling down about this - I'm feeling excited for awesomeness!

The ending is going to suck so good. That is - shit is not going to be happy, but it is going to be fucking awesome.

Pages PREV 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 . . . 18 NEXT

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked