Any Armored Core V Ravens out there?

Pages PREV 1 2

Hey there fellow Lynx,

I just got around getting ACV and I must say, it is a pretty challenging game so far. Having transitioned immediately from ACFA, this is INDEED a significant change in terms of AC handling -- the first thing(s) you will notice is that there is hardly any strafe hovering (i.e., side-to-side/backward maneuverability) or side boosting (i.e., to turn around), and as stated over and over, there isn't any direct vertical flight. By not any "direct" vertical flight, I mean that you can vertically climb in elevation, but only indirectly via jumping (more like hopping or skipping). With these things being said, the AC certainly feels a lot bulkier because of the decreased mobility overall. Now is this a bad thing? In my honest opinion, yes, especially if you're coming straight from AC4/ACFA. But fairly, this game is more than manageable in its own right
Now to reiterate the aspect decreased mobility (in the midst of the other AC titles), you will in-fact notice that you will find yourself becoming a sitting duck from time to time because the regeneration of energy in regards to the generator is very slow, even with low capacity/high output spec generators. Additionally, there is no instantaneous/continuous thrust to dodge incoming attacks, so if you do not have a properly suited AC, you will get mowed down pretty quick...I can't seem to recall ever having to hide this much just to wait for my generator to recharge, but then again..perhaps that is the point for ACV, a more in-depth real-to-life experience? I seriously need to stop comparing AC titles..but anyway, if you want to get some games going, I would be happy to join or have anyone join me. My PS3 user is: seishuku_kaze, and my ACV name is: Kaze

*If are are coming from ACFA, forget EVERYTHING you know and start anew. It won't help you in ACV. Your beliefs and philosophy's will be challenged if not completely severed,

-Jarred

Just wondering if anyone's still playing AC5 ? Thinking of getting it but not if there aren't people still playing for the MP

I'd probably play it if it was on PC which may one day happen given Dark Souls seeing a PC release, I used to be a huge fan back in the PS1 & PS2 days but now despite owning a PS3 I can't get back into console gaming because I'm so used to being able to do everything via my PC and I feel disconnected from the world when I play on my console.

Doesn't help that it's in the living room and so the times I can use it are restrictive at best.

Hoodlum25:
Just wondering if anyone's still playing AC5 ? Thinking of getting it but not if there aren't people still playing for the MP

I am, and I am probably going to play a lot more now that there is a new game coming out!

There's a new one coming out?? Do you know the name? How do you find the MP on AC5 currently? Do you still find lots of people to play with/ against?

Ickorus:
I'd probably play it if it was on PC which may one day happen given Dark Souls seeing a PC release, I used to be a huge fan back in the PS1 & PS2 days but now despite owning a PS3 I can't get back into console gaming because I'm so used to being able to do everything via my PC and I feel disconnected from the world when I play on my console.

Doesn't help that it's in the living room and so the times I can use it are restrictive at best.

I would Love to see this released for PC!

Hoodlum25:
There's a new one coming out?? Do you know the name? How do you find the MP on AC5 currently? Do you still find lots of people to play with/ against?

There is a Thread up titled Armored Core V: Verdict Day that I made on the Game Discussion, all the intel you need is in there

That's awesome Jesse but what's the seen like currently in AC5 Mp right now?

Pages PREV 1 2

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked