Call of Duty: Black Ops II announcement trailer

Pages PREV 1 2 3

TheGauntman:
The Call of Duty franchise has been stretching credulity for a while, but now it looks to have jumped the shark and abandoned any pretence of taste or restraint.

Seriously, wtf is going on in this trailer. It's like Treyarch got a bunch of kids all jacked up on Mountain Dew, and locked them in a white room with some coloured pencils and then used the scribblings on the walls as a blueprint for a game.

"Let's see: we have rockets, walking tanks, robots, jets and horses, and over here there's a city on fire. Fuck it, let's use it all." It wouldn't surprise me if the final boss is a skeletal dinosaur that shoots lasers out of its eyes.

I don't see what's wrong with any of those. As for the horses, I guess it's because of the whole "Technology going rogue" thing.
Edit: Nevermind about that:
"There will be horses, and horseback-riding, during at least one sequence in the 1980's. They even went so far as to bring a horse into the motion capture studio."

I don't post often, but I'd just like to say that this looks like the dumbest piece of tripe ever to come out of this franchise.

Does anyone know what the term "Black Ops" actually means?

Secrecy. Stealth. Subversion. BLOPS has NONE of those qualities. It's all the same shooty shooty crap carried over from MW, but now it's set in the cold war. I beat the damn game in seven hours. SEVEN HOURS. Charging sixty bucks for a seven hour campaign is outright lunacy and is in fact theft. I'm just glad it was my friend's copy, not mine.

Robots? Exploding cities? HORSEBACK RIDING FFS. Are they insane? Do they think I'm stupid? Are they literally insulting me right in front of my face?

"What happens when the enemy steals the keys?"

I'm sorry, old cripple, but I don't know what keys are BECAUSE WE ARE IN THE FUTURE.

I have no idea how any of you are hyped by this trailer. All it did for me was illustrate everything wrong with the franchise.

Excuse me while I go replay Splinter Cell Double Agent...

I enjoyed black ops far more than MW3. I must admit Treyarch has really stepped up their game over the past years, so I'm hoping this will make Frontlines look like a 8bit Atari rubbish.

Though I cringed when they pointed out that rare earth elements would be the political clash point in the game. Seriously? Rare earth elements are more common than copper, and they can be found in massive quantities on every continent. Hell America could very well produce all the required materials needed in today's market 3 times over easily if the market was economically viable. So whoever thought that up should be shot.

Most certanly more of the same. And it's still going to brake records. Sigh....

erttheking:

Imbechile:
Who gives a shit abou Call of duty anymore?

In November 2013 either Modern Gayfare 4 or Black Cocks 3 will come out anyway, so why bother?

Gayfare...wow that's an original name. Homophobic much?

Can you, as well as our dear Escapist moderators who are quick to send warnings, tell me where exactly have I insulted gay people, or does mentioning the word 'gay' in any kind of context automatically qualify as a provocation?

Imbechile:

erttheking:

Imbechile:

In November 2013 either Modern Gayfare 4 or Black Cocks 3 will come out anyway, so why bother?

Can you, as well as our dear Escapist moderators who are quick to send warnings, tell me where exactly have I insulted gay people, or does mentioning the word 'gay' in any kind of context automatically qualify as a provocation?

Well you were using it to describe Call of Duty and you weren't exactly using it as a compliment. Call me crazy, but it's almost like something being gay was undesirable the way you were putting it............am I seriously explaining this to you?

I had never cared for this series much I played Black Ops and Modern Warfare 3 'cause all my friends got it but didn't think much of it
still robots and remote controls in this sounds really interesting and if the whole branching paths in single player are true I just might be sold for this

Imbechile:

erttheking:

Imbechile:

*reads*...

Yeah, I see nothing wrong with that, actually. Making fun of a game title has nothing to do with homophobia. :/

Pages PREV 1 2 3

Reply to Thread

This thread is locked